Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 205497 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

The original incarnation of white walkers as shadowy was arguably better. But short lived.

The second incarnation, which were naked, withered old men, did not cut it for me.

This one is somewhere in the middle. I like it better. But just a trifle.

I don't particularily like the leader's head spikes. But at least the face and headshape are vaguely elfin. In that sense he does look closer to what I think the Others should look like.

Also: a prediction
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Kek

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

The White Walker reveal in the show drove one of my friends off of it. He asked me to predict how the scene played out.

I did so accurately.

I don't know a lot of GoT lore or anything like that. But the "shriveled CGI Ghoul" look is terrible. I'd literally take guys so heaped with furs you can't see them, over that.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 05:50:58 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

They were supposed to look vaguely elvish actually, book-wise
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

There were black cloaked spooky skellytons there...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

And the only open shop north of the Wall belonged to an amateur Larpist who got his hand on a truckload of surplus strainers.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dunno, I didn't really mind their design.
Then again, the white walkers really aren't a part of the story I'm particularly interested in. I wanna see what's up with Littlefinger, stuff like that.
Tyrion and Jorah's scenes were probably the highlights of this episode for me.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Thorik

• Bay Watcher
  • Inspector of Conspicuous Cheeto Consumption
    • View Profile

The show really is going to shit.

Here's what I thought of when I saw the Others.

I like sushi.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like the WW in last night's episode more than the first reveal. At least he didn't turn his head and monster roar because the writers couldn't think of anything more interesting for them to do.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Yeah, but then, what was the point of this whole scene? It's not even in the book. I'd much rather have more Night Watch/Wildlings politicking than some cheap action scene.

Plus that BS about Valyrian steel turning WW into crushed ice.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, but then, what was the point of this whole scene? It's not even in the book. I'd much rather have more Night Watch/Wildlings politicking than some cheap action scene.

Yeah, not even knowing shit about GoT honestly, even I was like "WTF, no one realized Valyrian Steel works as well as Dragon Glass?" That moment both Jon and the WW paused they were probably echoing the same thought. "Uh....is this canon?"

The whole point of the scene was to affirm that Jon Snow is right about stuff, Thenns and other free folk were stupid to not join him because they die immediately, and so he could have an awkward stare down with King Frosty Pants himself, in the classic Good Guy/Bad Guy confrontation. Also I suppose to show the true scope of the coming invasion, which I don't think they're illustrated in full until now.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 11:36:55 pm by nenjin »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Umm... in the books there are hints that valyrian steel does, in fact, work as well as obsidian...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 04:19:16 pm by penguinofhonor »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

As a book reader it seemed clear to me that Valyrian steel rekt the WW. Samwell reads about dragonsteel harming the Others in the books, and both he and Jon suspect that Valyrian steel is dragon steel what with Valyrian steel rumoured to have been forged with dragon fire.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Yeah, Valyrian steel BS is pretty canon AFAIK. I did like their shared look of WTF though.
Overall, I thought it was an alright episode. I don't like Frostypants' new look, but it could be worse.

Also, "I fucking hate Thenns". That's, what, the third time someone on Team Wildling has said that?

Zombie kids were creepy as shit.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 167