Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 205540 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

What is this about the 7 seasons? It's the first I learn of this, and the show makes them a tons of money, why would they want to stop early?
7 seasons for 7 gods, since the other gods are kind of being ignored.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

http://www.ew.com/article/2014/03/11/game-of-thrones-7-seasons

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/13/game-of-thrones-will-end-with-season-7-or-season-8

http://screenrant.com/game-of-thrones-final-season-7-8/

Creator says 7, producer will probably want to do 8, for money reasons. Just keep going is not that easy, because of actor contracts, who probably want to do other things too, instead of 10 years of the same character.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I know I said I didn't mind the change from the books, but a terrible though crossed my mind. They're not changing the show. They're just trying to dumb it down as much as possible. They're just systematically trying to get rid of as many characters and plot arcs as possible. Jorah Mormont will become the new Barristan. The new Targaryen will never show up. Sansa replace that other girl. Mance Raider really died. I don't think we'll see the shenanigan with Mance's son. The vikings are gone, and the Dornish are limited to the Sand Snakes (Which I guess got to be in because boobs.)
I get the feeling their marketing department just asked them to dumb it down.
Now, do you think we'll see Bran and Rickon again?
We'll see Bran because we have to have the old guts gods. Rickon maybe not. The new Targaryen has to show up
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
, Jorah will be Barristen and Gryffon combined (which may suggest that new Targy will not appear), Sansa has replaced that other girl indeed (not much of value was lost other than the meeting with Jon Snuh which will not happen because he's gone north again), the old lady (now dead) replaced the wildling women, Mance is bants in heaven, all the kingsm00t and vikings are RIP, other Dornies... Could reappear. Who knows. Don't forget that Kevan Lannister buggered off to Casterly Rock, and I suspect the show will keep him there forever. The archer boy in the wall also replaced the prostitute one, which really comes as a surprise considering they're missing out on yaoibux that would actually be canon. Aemon got cut short. There appear to be only 4-5 sand snakes as opposed to about a dozen. The faith militant is more like ISIS than the Knights Templar. Missing out on so much Rh'ollor bants. And 2GOD, DEAD 2GOD WHERE IS 2GOD

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And 2GOD, DEAD 2GOD WHERE IS 2GOD
RIP 2GOD, MAYBE DROWNED.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

HE LIES BENEATH THE SEAS
BURNT TO DEATH
RIP

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile

Goddamn, the series is deviating from the books in a big way.

Which makes me worried, because GRRM knows about all these changes. So they probably only cut things that weren't going to end up being relevant. Which is super disappointing, seeing as a lot of the cut stuff was top notch stuff.

;-; alas poor 2god

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which makes me worried, because GRRM knows about all these changes. So they probably only cut things that weren't going to end up being relevant. Which is super disappointing, seeing as a lot of the cut stuff was top notch stuff.

;-; alas poor 2god
They are probably cutting characters because they probably would rather just not hire new actors. Which is a shame, but still.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Well, if they're serious about finishing in 7 seasons, they don't want to start any new story arc, like 2GOD's.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Maybe put in a quick cheeky one, or make another character be 2GOD instead like Yara?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe they should just cut the rest of that boring story stuff and have some more sex scenes, and Hot Pie having a cooking segment, and flashy costumes, oh and Ser Jorah and Tyrion taking on all comers in a brutal tag-team arena battle. I was vainly holding out hope of seeing that, but alas. :<
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

What did he say again? I'm too lazy to bother looking up at the conversation.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

What did he say again? I'm too lazy to bother looking up at the conversation.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

It can't be, he sailed off on the SS. Abandoned Plotlines along with so many others.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFUQKEkWYAA3jUj.jpg:large

Spoilers for the show and shit in that picture
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

Which makes me worried, because GRRM knows about all these changes. So they probably only cut things that weren't going to end up being relevant.
My thoughts exactly. Seems like the book readers are spoilers earlier than I expected.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 167