Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 205571 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

I hope someone, somewhere, is writing a BronnXAllTheSandSnakes fanfic. Also, I am immensely curious as to why there would be such a great need for severed cocks that 'cock merchant' is a viable job.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Sand Snakes versus Power Rangers
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

I enter a thread dedicated for Game of Thrones.
And the first words I notice are 'Power Rangers'.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

So who, was that skinned lady? The old crone that said to Sansa she still had friends?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Oh shit rh'ollor spoiler tags for days on end that shit

One thing I must know. HAVE THEY GOT TO 2GUD 2GOD YET?!! If they do a Strong Belwas on him I will get 2spooky

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Oh shit rh'ollor spoiler tags for days on end that shit

One thing I must know. HAVE THEY GOT TO 2GUD 2GOD YET?!! If they do a Strong Belwas on him I will get 2spooky
I'm not even sure if they remember that the Iron Islands exist at this point.

But I'm pretty sure they aren't even bothering with 2god at this point since it looks like they're gonna be rushing Dany, Queen of Derp to Westeros via Tyrion telling her to so he can use her as an instrument of revenge against everyone, so there's no need for best character.
There's even no mention of One-Eyed Pirate Wizard King.
Sucks.

At least Tommen's channeling his inner Joffrey (and you know shit's fucked when that's a good thing)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

So, I have a new game where I try to find as many divergence from the books as possible. Since it's been years, it's not that easy.

So far, for this episode I have

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

That's all.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

tfw no 2god ;-;
tfw vikings are gone ;-;
You're right on the whole Balon issue. The Iron Islands sort of just disappear around season 2. And I feel there was a perfect opportunity to introduce a certain Dornish prince in the slave market as a buyer, but I think he's being scrubbed out of the show the way of Strong Belwas too. But getting rid of 2GOD? Unforgiveable. Just show some happy-go-lucky village in the Reach, Riverlands or Norf getting reaved the fuck out by 1GOD, then show him doing some pirate shit and becoming 2GOD. That too much Bienoff? D:

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

I know I said I didn't mind the change from the books, but a terrible though crossed my mind. They're not changing the show. They're just trying to dumb it down as much as possible. They're just systematically trying to get rid of as many characters and plot arcs as possible. Jorah Mormont will become the new Barristan. The new Targaryen will never show up. Sansa replace that other girl. Mance Raider really died. I don't think we'll see the shenanigan with Mance's son. The vikings are gone, and the Dornish are limited to the Sand Snakes (Which I guess got to be in because boobs.)

I get the feeling their marketing department just asked them to dumb it down.

Now, do you think we'll see Bran and Rickon again?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

So now I'm even more interested in BronnXSandSnakes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

They're just systematically trying to get rid of as many characters and plot arcs as possible

/Devil's Advocate

However, and to be fair, the books had quite a bit of character inflation ongoing. Particularily, way too many characters were getting POV chapters. And I suspect that GRRM has long since lost control of his plot arcs. So some reduction might not be a bad thing.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Not really, the arrival of a bunch of characters in the last two books is mostly replenishing the characters set after the Red Wedding and all the constant death.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

It's mostly because they are on a schedule and want to finish in 2 seasons. They have to get the great White Walker vs. Everything Alive, Ice vs. Fire, dragons and all that stuff in there. Too many character arcs is fine for a 1000+page book that takes 10 years to write, but not for a TV show that costs $6mio per hour.

I wouldnt mind if they'd do 10 seasons instead of 7 and keep all the characters, but since they are not going to do that, streamlining is good.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

What is this about the 7 seasons? It's the first I learn of this, and the show makes them a tons of money, why would they want to stop early?

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 167