Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 205636 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

He has never been legitimized because Ned was afraid of the relation penalty with his wife. At this point, unless some weird succession give Aria a title somewhere, House Stark is fucked.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Unless the Bolton Bastard is an idiot and makes his wife, that'll hate his cheating guts in an event or two, spymaster ;)
Love, scriver~

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

That assumes he's not gonna Reek her.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

That assumes he's not gonna Reek her.

Well, tonight he didn't exactly Reek her, but...
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Eh, that's pretty standard marriage practice for medieval times.
Well, apart from
Spoiler: s5e6 spoiler (click to show/hide)

They've actually toned Ramsay down quite a bit, to be honest.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

He has never been legitimized because Ned was afraid of the relation penalty with his wife. At this point, unless some weird succession give Aria a title somewhere, House Stark is fucked.
Don't forget though, Arya is being tutored by Braavosi with a foreign religion. When she comes back to rule the Norf, she is going to have SO MANY RELATIONS PENALTIES!

Defacto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't forget though, Arya is being tutored by Braavosi with a foreign religion. When she comes back to rule the Norf, she is going to have SO MANY RELATIONS PENALTIES!

Ah, but she will also get access to overpowered Light Infantry cultural retinues!
And besides, think of all that martial, intrigue, and fighting ability. I say, give it 100 years, and all of the North will be Bravosi.

As for the Boltons, I predict that they all will die after a long series of suspicious accidents involving abandoned inns filled with manure suddenly exploding.
It's really odd that Ramsay isn't dead yet, I think it's clear that even their courtiers and servants are at low enough relations to allow for invite to plot.

Now, in all honesty, I actually think that Ramsay's death is not far away. It's pretty dangerous to predict what George RR is going to write next, but the massive psychopaths generally tend to go in messy ways. I wonder what kinds of ambitions for the future Roose Bolton has. A child of Sansa would be a pretty legitimate ruler of the North, but once that is done with, is there any need for him to have his maniac bastard around any longer?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Just wait until faceless men hashashination events begin firing and everyone all falls down... At any rate, I'm not sure how powerful OP light infantry units are vs "big fucking swords." If you want OP, don't even get me started on muh dragons!

And really, while the Boltons are hated sure... That high intrigue has got to count for something.

Admittedly, Sansa also has high intrigue. And Ramsay is deliberately annoying his high intrigue wife.

Such dynasties tend to be rather short lived.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Ramsey went from seeming like a torture-phile......to be kind of goon. Seriously, that whole scene in the dining hall was both funny/awkward, and Ramsey came off looking rather derpy. For a guy that seemed scary as fuck the last season, this season he seems like a derpier character.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Is that more to do with him not being a snow anymore? Or is it just that his genuinely cruel moments are all off screen now?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ramsay's actor though, loved him in misfits - he can make weird, terrifying and hilarious.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

No idea what happened in the rest of that episode. My eyes were covered in laughter tears for the duration of it
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

It's even more funny when you realize the brick joke nature of the thing
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

MIRANDA BTFO

SANSA TOO STRONK

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

She seems like a perfect match for Ramsey.

Is that more to do with him not being a snow anymore? Or is it just that his genuinely cruel moments are all off screen now?

He seems almost manically happy now. Like before his cruelty was measured and cold, cool even. Add that manically happy demeanor to it and he almost seems like a cruel goofball now. I found him genuinely unsettling prior to this season. Now, I just find him creepy with that smile, those eyes and that weirdly upbeat cruelty.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I think the ending scene to this week's episode describes his change in cruelty perfectly.

He aint even got to flay to make em pay no more

*EDIT
This show has made some really likeable incestuous child cripplers, murderers, murder-rapists, machiavel-murder-mindrapists, fundamentalist murder-antirapists and now it's making me like slavers too.
God dammit GoT.
I should not be sympathizing with the woes of slavers and their inability to find cock merchants.

**EDIT
Also loving that romeo and juliet shit they're pulling in the water garden. Fitting for GoT too, considering the high mortality rate of that play.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 06:30:12 am by Loud Whispers »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 167