Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 205652 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.
« Reply #1065 on: April 12, 2015, 12:42:10 pm »

To be honest, it's eaiser to miss something in a show, when you are passively consuming at the show's pace instead of reading.

In other news, the first four episodes were leaked and are now all over the internet. I really feel bad for HBO, they'll loose a ton of money following this.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1066 on: April 12, 2015, 01:13:12 pm »

So basically Yoink dislikes Danny because she's not Aerys the Mad. +1, Yoink. +1.

:P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: April 12, 2015, 02:42:41 pm »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: April 12, 2015, 03:20:16 pm »

Well, her murder-torture antics and whatnot weren't exactly saintly.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: April 12, 2015, 04:17:23 pm »

it's more about her irrational and anachronistic obsession with freedom. In a world where basic survival is non-trivial, being a slave can have it's perks y'know, and being a slave owner is hardly the biggest crime one can commit. Not worse than being a monarch, just with a smaller population of subjects.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: April 12, 2015, 04:23:47 pm »

« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 12:32:23 pm by penguinofhonor »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: April 12, 2015, 04:24:42 pm »

Yeah, that's why Jorah Mormon had to flee.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: April 12, 2015, 10:38:33 pm »

But that's the thing, one moment she's murder-torturing people, the next she's pardoning them and getting all teary-eyed about some peasant's problems. If she was super-nice all the time... well, I still wouldn't like her, but at least she wouldn't be contradicting herself quite so often.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: April 12, 2015, 10:52:52 pm »

But that's the thing, one moment she's murder-torturing people, the next she's pardoning them and getting all teary-eyed about some peasant's problems. If she was super-nice all the time... well, I still wouldn't like her, but at least she wouldn't be contradicting herself quite so often.
Personally that's why I like her. Her flavor of the Targaryen madness is manifesting in a decidedly more interesting way than "lol im a violent asshole" or "lol i like torturing people to death and raping people" or "lol dragon nomnomnom". At least that's how I choose to view it, heh.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1075 on: April 13, 2015, 04:58:47 am »

I think the distinction is a little blurred in the TV series. It's more recognisable in the books that she hates oppression/slavery/whatever to the point of blue and orange morality. It makes her more interesting, sure, but I still think she's among the 90% of the main characters who are ignorant dickwads and totally deserve their deaths.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 13, 2015, 08:18:37 am »

PTW. Finally I found this! (Also, season 4 is leaked omfg yes)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: April 13, 2015, 01:19:23 pm »

It's been a good while since I last read the books, but I think book-Dany just learned how to play the game very quickly. She didn't like having to hold back, so she lashed out whenever her hands weren't tied. Towards the end, she was playing along with trying to appease every faction in Mereen but didn't like it one little bit.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1078 on: April 14, 2015, 10:50:35 am »

I think the distinction is a little blurred in the TV series. It's more recognisable in the books that she hates oppression/slavery/whatever to the point of blue and orange morality. It makes her more interesting, sure, but I still think she's among the 90% of the main characters who are ignorant dickwads and totally deserve their deaths.
It's more recognizable in the books that she's got such a vapid hatred for slavery because she was sold into fancy slavery, also known as marriage. Ha.
I think the reason why Dany in the books is much more appealing is that she is much more defined; Dany starts off literally as a meek little girl, becomes a Khaleesi and then becomes Queen of the Beans in Meereen, and all in all a lot more of her actions are understandable. Queen Dany the bored and mildly aroused makes sense because she's incredibly isolated and cannot openly express any love for anyone.
Firstly because her Khal is dead, secondly because anyone else she marries will be purely for political gain. And of course, anyone who marries her will attempt to do so for political gain.
Spoiler: Book spoilas (click to show/hide)
Relevant:
I grieve and dare not show my discontent,
I love and yet am forced to seem to hate,
I do, yet dare not say I ever meant,
I seem stark mute but inwardly do prate.
Written by Queen Elizabeth I, who book Dany is channeling just a little.
Queen Dany the arbitrarily good and bad at intrigue makes considerably more sense because it's made much more clearer that Dany is clever, a skilled statesman, but is still literally a very young woman who actually doesn't know much about the world or the people she intends to rule. The most recent highlight of this in the show was when Bluebeard Da-Actor-keeps-changing gives Dany various flowers sourced from the country and their uses, but it isn't quite the same as it being highlighted that Dany's only knowledge of Westeros is a red door from her childhood and that she wants to conquer a place and rule over people she knows only delusions about. At least both the show and the books make it clear that Dany isn't aware of her own predecessor's madness, right?
Queen Dany the arbitrarily just also makes more sense, though that's because we gain greater insight to her decisions. We know why she acquiesces or why she ostensibly switches between ruling through empathy and forgiveness or ruthlessness and then indecisiveness.
Quote from: Bill Joel
Ohhh... and she never gives out
And she never gives in, she just changes her mind
Which is considerably better than 'WE MUST NAIL ALL THESE GUYS ON CROSSES'
*10 minutes later*
'Hey Dany you did check that the guys you nailed up were actually the ones responsible right?'
>Danysfw

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 14, 2015, 09:27:07 pm »

Dany isn't aware of her own predecessor's madness,
she is. she talked about it and was lectured on targy madness by ser captain of the kingsguard on s05 e02
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 167