Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 205535 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Well sure, others died, but noone really important aside from the Starks :I

And I'd love to see Blackfish live and get more screentime since he's pretty awesome, both in the books and in the show. But the Freys have no reason to let him live really, he's far too dangerous and powerful for them to let him go. Especially considering what they just did and what hellish grudge he'll have.

Plus if they are rid of him then the married dude ( can't remember the poor sods name) is the first in line for all of Riverrun, and by proxy the Frays too, since they have him hostage and all that stuff.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Apparently in the books Blackfish was still in Riverrun during the wedding so he was safe. He might die in the show, but I really hope he doesn't.

Also Edmure (married dude) is already the lord of Riverrun. There's no "next in line" shenanigans going on.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Doesn't matter if you're lord if you're captured.

Lord Pissfish can continue the fight from Riverrun. And the Freys are just going to love Ironfish.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Doesn't matter if you're lord if you're captured.

I don't know, I think holding the Lord of Riverrun as a hostage gives you a lot more bargaining power than just any old noble.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Plus if they are rid of him then the married dude ( can't remember the poor sods name) is the first in line for all of Riverrun, and by proxy the Frays too, since they have him hostage and all that stuff.
Edmure Tully is already lord of Riverrun. His father died earlier and a son inherits before a brother does.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MAKE IT RAIN ON DEM FREYS

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

But if Edmure dies, the Blackfish take over, does it not?

What do you think the Northmen will do? Submit to Tyrion, new Lord of Winterfell? Rally around Rickon and the Umbers?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

But if Edmure dies, the Blackfish take over, does it not?
Not sure. Maybe sisters inherit before uncles?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I think Blackfish is the closest heir after Edmure. Edmure probably wants to get makin' a son as soon as he can.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

That wouldn't be in his best interests honestly. As soon as his bride pops out a boy the Freys have an heir that can claim Riverrun if something was to happen to Edmure. Especially since the whereabouts of both the Stark boys and the fate of Blackfish are unknown. The Ayrn lady could perhaps do it with her boy but I'm pretty sure she's beyond getting involved in this whole mess, no matter what lands are at stake.

And I think the succession chain is: Male heir>Female Heir>Male Sibling>Female Sibling>Second generation of children>Everyone else.

Or something like that, not really sure, haven't studied nobles and their wierd ways honestly, and this seems like the way they're going about it.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Well, the Targaryens changed their succession laws way before the beginning of the story so women only inherit if there are no male Targaryens left. This suggests that the 'default' succession law gives women the possibility to inherit before a male kinsman.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Also Rickon's probably going to be the only survivor, the kid's pretty much invisible to the rest of the world.

I would like to point out two details you might have missed. These aren't spoilers, just something easily overlooked.
1. That guy in the armor at the wedding that Catelyn slapped? He was lord Bolton, and he betrayed the Starks.
2. Rickon and Osha went to find lord Boltons castle, as he was one of Robbs bannermen.

Just some observations for you to think about.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile

This isn't directed to Game of Thrones specifically, more to the adaptation of fantasy series. It takes the form of an open letter.

Dear HBO,

MAKE THIS FUCKING HAPPEN.

Best Wishes, Willfor.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 167