Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 205833 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Thrones: Histories of weddings and walls.
« Reply #855 on: June 03, 2014, 03:02:00 pm »

Still far less of a bad guy than Littlefinger though, who basically killed everyone else.
Didn't we all agree he also started the whole series of events in the series?
That killed everyone else.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: June 03, 2014, 03:10:38 pm »

So spoiler stuff I don't remember anything about, raising Joffrey (while noting that she ALSO raised Tommen, so is this really her fault or just another way she got screwed over by bad luck), and...

The stuff with Tyrion.

So it really is just the stuff with Tyrion that she's responsible for at this point, and that seems to be because she really, honestly thinks he killed her son.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #857 on: June 03, 2014, 03:11:31 pm »

Ned raised his son out of guilt, and he made that pretty clear, and Cat did everything she could to rub it in.
He did it out of honour not guilt, Ned put Cat's opinion at 2nd to his own for his bastard son.
Also PR + L = J, J + KR = death.

There's a reason Jon ran away to the wall. He was never "accepted" any more than Theon was, he was... an obligation. Not a true son.
See above explanation. Also Theon breaks down and cries about how Ned was his father before Ramsay revealed he was Ramsay, so he even treated his hostage like his son.

Also, do people still hate Cersei, and other than the recent Tyrion stuff, what did she ever do that was actually... bad, you know?
All the collateral damage in her lust for power is put to waste when she just uses it to dick around with the helpless like the poor or Sansa. Imagine if you will a mother bear killing your friends. You know she feels like she must protect her cubs, but that won't stop you from hating her.

I was reading some stuff on another forum, and I realized that honestly, she got fucking screwed in so many ways, and much like Tyrion people tend to blame her for a lot of stuff she's not responsible for. Hell, I think some people still think she tried to assassinate Bran.
Book spoilers yo
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Part of why the audience hates Cersei is that we're still supposed to. By all accounts we only see her do vile things for petty reasons, missing that she rarely does anything Tyrion hasn't done better. From poisoning to wildfire, often times Tyrion HAS just done what Cersei was preparing but better. Just wait until we get her POV arc before we give her our sympathies.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 03, 2014, 03:13:31 pm »

Yep.
While she hasn't actually done much beyond do a magnificent job of being a bitch, she gets worse in the future.
Remember how she was acting towards Margaery?
Sig! Onol

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 03, 2014, 03:17:26 pm »

I didn't actually "book spoilers" there, I didn't know that ever happened. I mean, it's obvious it wasn't Cersei that did it, but I honestly thought

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #860 on: June 03, 2014, 03:21:04 pm »

Yep.
While she hasn't actually done much beyond do a magnificent job of being a bitch, she gets worse in the future.
Remember how she was acting towards Margaery?
To also be fair, Margaery is superior to Cersei in every way so its easy to see why she's trying to get rid of her. Her last vestiges of power rest on it, because MUH PROPHECIES SON

I didn't actually "book spoilers" there, I didn't know that ever happened. I mean, it's obvious it wasn't Cersei that did it, but I honestly thought

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: June 03, 2014, 03:42:48 pm »

Also, do people still hate Cersei, and other than the recent Tyrion stuff, what did she ever do that was actually... bad, you know?
Fucked her brother, produced a hell spawn, pulled the strings that killed the king, didn't do anything but encourage her King Hell Spawn to be anything but a little shit, plunged the entirety of Westeros into a bloody civil war via her hell spawn executing Sean Bean, they only one that could prevent the two Baratheon brothers rutting that actually cared to do so.

Being a bitch to Stansa
Ordering babies to be killed...yeah, this one

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 03, 2014, 03:43:48 pm »

Actually that was Joffrey who killed babies.
Sig! Onol

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 03, 2014, 03:44:44 pm »

Anyway, I wonder where the show is at the moment.

Can anyone tell me who was the last character to be killed, it's one of the easiest ways to keep track of where the plot is at the moment.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 03, 2014, 03:46:40 pm »

Sig! Onol

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: June 03, 2014, 03:47:54 pm »

But wouldn't talk about his mother, and didn't prevent him from signing in the Night's Watch. Also never even talked of legitimizing him.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #866 on: June 03, 2014, 03:54:22 pm »

But wouldn't talk about his mother, and didn't prevent him from signing in the Night's Watch. Also never even talked of legitimizing him.
The answer to all three lies in the equations and WAS going to be revealed when Ned Stark was supposed to come back.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #867 on: June 03, 2014, 03:57:54 pm »

Oh yeah, and you need the King's permission to legitimise a bastard. It's a big deal.

We are also missing that the viper of dorn3, indeed all the dornish treat their bastards as they do legitimate children.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 03, 2014, 03:58:41 pm »

If we believe R+L=J, then that was too dangerous. Plus he said he would the next time they met, he just succumbed to Sean Bean syndrome.
The Night's Watch is seen as a thing of honor and stuff in the North. His own brother went there, and it's a Stark tradition to have a family member go to the Wall every generation.
And if he legitimized him, he would've been a threat to Robb in the succession thing, Catelyn would've knifed him in his sleep or something ridiculous, plus he'd piss off the Tully family.
Sig! Onol

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: June 03, 2014, 04:12:16 pm »

What are the argument for R+J=L?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 167