Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 205264 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

He's obviously looking at an elephant.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, that was spectacular, at the least. I kinda enjoyed this episode, honestly. Generally it was stupid or really stupid, but a lot of it was fun to watch. It might help that I have no attachment or expectation to 90% of characters or plots.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

It might help that I have no attachment or expectation to 90% of characters or plots.

Amen to that. No sense ruining the fun for myself by having lofty expectations.

In terms of directing, acting, practical and computer generated effects, and all the things that go into the execution of the episode, it was fantastic. The decisions made by the characters had me on the edge of my seat. And the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
really moved me.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile

It sort of felt pandering to me.  I mean - some of the "cinematography" at the end was basically "please make stills of this be your desktop wallpaper."

Also,

This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile

This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev

Honestly, I feel the same about GoT now that I did about Star Wars 7 and 8. Detached indifference to what I'm seeing, which turns into anger at the pissed away potential. Suspension of disbelief is well and truly broken, and that just leaves disbelief that the series hasn't been suspended yet.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 08:04:45 am by MorleyDev »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Good comparison with Star Wars. I appreciate it cause it makes me realise that I really am the glass half full, "easily impressed by spectacle" sort of viewer. I'll always be the first to admit that there's lots of flaws. But I'll always end up loving it anyway.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev

I'll be the first to admit I'm one of those viewers who when I lose suspension of disbelief and start really analyzing things, it needs to be really good and hold up to analysis before I can get back into that mindset of rolling with it. My favourite stories are usually ones I can go on at least a short rant about the themes, significance, ideas, subtlety, metaphysics, and/or symbolism of.

ASoIaF is one of those series, at least so far. GoT? The only parts where that's true are the parts that take more or less directly from ASoIaF.

And I think worse than never having that in a story, is to lose it. Rather they never had it in the first place.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 07:58:22 am by MorleyDev »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Something tells me the effect you're describing would be more pronounced ( for myself ) if I were to binge watch every season of GoT in a row and notice the drop in writing quality on a day to day basis.

It's a good thing I don't have the time to do that  :P

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've already said I was done with the show if it wasn't almost over, but that episode just killed the show for me. It was just such a pretentious pile of overdirected, underwritten shit that I've seen from the show thus far. I want to just not watch the end, but I'm sure I'll be pressured to finish it out by the group I'm watching it with.  One more episode, I guess...

God that was shit.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

It's historically accurate!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Well tbh she was a bit crazy all along (and so was the rest of her family. I mean? Her father was  and her younger brother was). Its just that the show did the development lousily. I'd not be surprised if ASoIaF Daenerys ends up crazy too. Possibly not killed by her niece tho
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 167