Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 205639 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Ohohoho, and theeeeeere goes any desire I might have had to watch the show through.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Eh. I'm going to watch the show and enjoy the show as what it is. Fuck GRRM if he wants to be a dickhole about it.
Just as long as he doesn't die before his last books are finished...
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Oh he better not.
Still, some optimistic estimations for the release date of Winds place it mid-2017 at the earliest.
Optimistically.
HNNNNG
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Hey, maybe he'll pull a Robert Jordan and we'll get to watch another series drag out far longer than the author's overly optimistic predictions while giving Sanderson another chance to show his writing chops in a story that isn't set in one of his shitty cookie-cutter worlds.

Hah, as if. We all know that GRRRRRRRRRM has a clause in his will that orders for all of his notes and drafts to be burned and that nobody until the end of time is allowed to do anything with whatever-the-fuck people call the world Westeros and Essos are in.

3. Run Resize Enable

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

People generally call it Planetos for lack of a better word.
Sig! Onol

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

New idea: the world is actually a gigantic dragon-type Pokemon called Planetos with a pair of symbiotic/children Pokemon called Westeros and Essos.

3. Run Resize Enable

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What about Sothroyos?
Sig! Onol

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:14:04 pm by penguinofhonor »

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile

Hey, maybe he'll pull a Robert Jordan and we'll get to watch another series drag out far longer than the author's overly optimistic predictions while giving Sanderson another chance to show his writing chops in a story that isn't set in one of his shitty cookie-cutter worlds.

Hah, as if. We all know that GRRRRRRRRRM has a clause in his will that orders for all of his notes and drafts to be burned and that nobody until the end of time is allowed to do anything with whatever-the-fuck people call the world Westeros and Essos are in.
Sanderson has some faults, but I wouldn't call his outing with The Way of Kings et al could be described as cookie cutter in the least.

That out of the way: 1) Sanderson would never continue it because it's not his kind of thing. He's read the first book, and he's quite aware that it's not his cup of tea. 2) If anyone were allowed to continue the series I think Mark Lawrence is probably best suited to continue the series if we come down to brass tacks. 3) You're correct, his will does say that. He's amazingly anti-fanfiction.

I don't have much of a point with this post, I just see the Sanderson-finishes-ASoIaF joke way too much, and it's just very stupid to me when there's so many other writers would would be better suited to the joke.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:14:10 pm by penguinofhonor »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

all hail grrm

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I always make sure to give a big hearty laugh to him before I go read a fanfiction of his works.
Sig! Onol

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Sanderson has some faults, but I wouldn't call his outing with The Way of Kings et al could be described as cookie cutter in the least.

That out of the way: 1) Sanderson would never continue it because it's not his kind of thing. He's read the first book, and he's quite aware that it's not his cup of tea. 2) If anyone were allowed to continue the series I think Mark Lawrence is probably best suited to continue the series if we come down to brass tacks. 3) You're correct, his will does say that. He's amazingly anti-fanfiction.

I don't have much of a point with this post, I just see the Sanderson-finishes-ASoIaF joke way too much, and it's just very stupid to me when there's so many other writers would would be better suited to the joke.
Ah, I haven't tried The Way of Kings. I've done the first couple Mistborn books, Elantris, and a draft of Warbreaker. And his own worlds just seem to fit neatly into the same mold of "Boy/Girl meets Slightly More Worldly Girl/Boy, become friends with obvious overtones of romance, and learn how to use a completely unique and original magic system which revolves all around... GEOGRAPHY AND CALLIGRAPHY!/METALS!/COLORS!, after which they go on to defeat Generic Evil McBadman and his sinister plot to do... something!"

Which is sort of tragic, because he did a damned good job closing out WoT, is obviously a competent writer, and I'd like to see him write more things that don't feel so shallow and unthoughtful. I say this with full knowledge of the evils I commit, but I've read the first and second novels in Terry Brooks' first Shannara trilogy, and even that felt a bit less dull and predictable despite practically being a transcript of an RPG campaign he played with himself and half a dozen imaginary friends.

3. Run Resize Enable

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I found this rarest of gems -  a funny Youtube comment.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 04:35:47 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

That was beautiful.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 167