Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: weird professions: goblin "drunk" necromancer?  (Read 3366 times)

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
weird professions: goblin "drunk" necromancer?
« on: April 21, 2013, 04:50:09 pm »

this is from my current fort where i have not modified any castes or professions in the raws. 2 of the goblin necromancers i captured have the weird profession of being "drunk". Has anyone encountered anything like this in their game? any other weird professions besides "drunk"? i hope this isnt some result of accidental raw duplication or something.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: weird professions: goblin "drunk" necromancer?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 07:19:32 pm »

although i dont know anything about that, i did notice quite a few dwarf necros.  if you're willing to take my advice, keep them locked up.  they may be necroes, but they're still dwarves.  i keep all dwarf enemies that i capture as prisoners, except zombies.
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 07:31:01 pm »

OP must be playing a mod as goblins cannot become necromancers in vanilla (and neither can elves!). Since the OP is playing a mod, anything is possible for that mod (including flying pigs, etc.).

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 07:43:46 pm »

OP must be playing a mod as goblins cannot become necromancers in vanilla (and neither can elves!). Since the OP is playing a mod, anything is possible for that mod (including flying pigs, etc.).
no no its not, the only reason goblins and elves can be necromancer is because i gave them a max age during world generation. That doesnt explain the appearance of strange new professions.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 09:38:06 pm »

I've encountered a goblin drunk before in a fort in adventure mode. Had him join me (didn't last long.)

Slave is also another profession, IIRC.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 10:43:43 pm »

Drunk is an old, old profession that has been much less common since, like, 31.17 or so. Used to be they'd hang out in taverns in adventure mode, and made easy pickings for companions because almost any loser could convince them to start a fight with a dragon. Slaves and prisoners have also been less and less common, although you can still run into prisoners in castle keeps and such. Slaves I'm not sure about but I'd wager they would exist only in goblin sites, which currently don't exist as a place you can visit.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 11:26:44 pm »

Slaves I'm not sure about but I'd wager they would exist only in goblin sites, which currently don't exist as a place you can visit.
I'm fairly certain you can find them in forts that were once occupied by goblins. The fort (same fort as goblin drunk) had gotten a new lord (human) and there was a least one goblin slave. Not sure if Modest Mod had anything to do with it or not.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 11:46:27 pm »

no, i encountered prisoner dwarven children in a goblin town in a modded adventurer world (where goblins have towns). they joined me as soon as i asked and i ended up leading a squadron of children to their deaths. It was epic...

DWC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 11:59:31 pm »

Yeah, I gave elves and gobbos lifespans because they were becoming too dominate in worldgen. They've made up the bulk of the necromancers I've run into. Damn gobbo necromancers snuck in during a goblin ambush and the human caravn and caused a incredible amount of chaos.

I haven't seen a drunk yet... I'd theorize that the random personalities include an alcoholism trait and when they are maxed out on that, their profession title becomes 'drunk', especially if they are otherwise 'peasants' or skilless.

Dwarves don't get this because their alcoholism trait is always maxed out.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 02:11:52 am »

Actually dwarves can be drunks as well. But the volume of alcohol they'd have to consume to be labelled a drunken dwarf must be astounding.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Jerky

• Bay Watcher
  • Hermit Punsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 09:03:05 am »

Drunk is an old, old profession that has been much less common since, like, 31.17 or so. Used to be they'd hang out in taverns in adventure mode, and made easy pickings for companions because almost any loser could convince them to start a fight with a dragon. Slaves and prisoners have also been less and less common, although you can still run into prisoners in castle keeps and such. Slaves I'm not sure about but I'd wager they would exist only in goblin sites, which currently don't exist as a place you can visit.
You can find slaves in human towns or forts, if the humans pillage a goblin fortress during world gen.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 09:31:17 am »

Once I found an elf queen who was a drunk. Elf respect +1.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 09:42:01 am »

"Shecretsh of Life and wossaname, Hic, Death"? Who wrote that?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2013, 09:50:01 am »

I haven't seen a drunk yet... I'd theorize that the random personalities include an alcoholism trait and when they are maxed out on that, their profession title becomes 'drunk', especially if they are otherwise 'peasants' or skilless.

Immoderation at least used to be the trait that determined whether a unit is a drunk.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Geldrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 08:58:17 am »

Once I saw a Troll Mechanic in a siege. Unfortunately, I had lost the screenshot, but I think he will be on the deceased units' list. I was wondering how is that even possible.

I like to think that the troll accidentally pushed a lever or something in the goblin tower, and his fellowes were so amazed by his performance that they appointed him as the mechanic of all trolls. :D
Pages: [1] 2