Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Manufacture Spaceships Year 4. Promian Czarships claims captured alien craft!  (Read 12788 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: All Of You Manufacture Space Ships (Competitive): YEAR 1, SEMESTER 2.
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2013, 03:40:01 pm »

Woah, we can hire ourselves out? SOLD. Ж8000 per year, I'll design weapon and armor systems.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2013, 04:05:11 pm »

Yep. Like I said before, you can join together on a company, and it's up to you how you handle that. Probably the easiest way would just to be both in charge and post, so your company doesn't have to wait if one of you doesn't post often for some reason. Of course, if you want to divide your finances between eachother, that's alright too. Just watch out if someone says, "I'm leaving with my wages to another company!" or something. :P
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2013, 04:14:32 pm »

(( Hah hence why I gave tryrar 10,000 up front and he doesn't get the rest until he gives me a prototype.
Btw did people hiring themself out keep there 100k starting cash? ))

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2013, 04:18:33 pm »

I also predict many secret bribes paid out to employees for the tech they're working on :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2013, 04:24:16 pm »

That reminds me, I'm putting you under 24/7 lockdown until the weapon is complete, having you searched every time you come in and out and severing your computers outside access :P.
Just as a precaution ofcourse because I know you wouldn't betray the only person who offered you a job....

Btw sensei, is there a patent system so if somebody else steals our tech we can sue there asses back to the stoneage for it?

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2013, 04:35:28 pm »

i was wondering if i could join a company, i could research propulsion and cockpit designs
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2013, 04:36:36 pm »

$10,000 -- Create a variant of the Salmon miner design, named the Salmon Light. Remove the cannon, reduce the armor to 4, and make it cheaper, without sacrificing reliability. Allow the engineers to ignore aesthetics.

$25,000 -- Design a new ship, the Minnow. Steel structure, two-pilot, short-ranged sensors, and small liquid fuel engines. It should have room behind the pilots for four passengers and their carry-on luggage. It should focus on aesthetics, with 3 armor, and have moderate reliability and speed. The ship should be capable of both space-flight and atmospheric flight. It should be able to go from any known inhabited planet to one of its moons fairly easily, but going from one planet to another is not expected. There should be a TV in the passenger compartment, able to switch between external cameras or link with satellites for usual media.

$5000 Begin preliminary research on improved mining lasers, more expensive, powerful, and efficient than the old ones.
$5000 Begin preliminary research on basic ship-based ore refineries, to increase the efficiency of mining trips by cutting down on the amount of useless rock brought back.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 04:48:36 pm by Nirur Torir »

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2013, 04:38:09 pm »

I'll give you a trial run after the upcoming turn if you want Isngrim, you can start now if you want but I need the next turn to see how much spare money I've got.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2013, 04:57:01 pm »

I'm afraid that when you join as an employee, you only have whatever access to that company's resources you're granted, not your own starting nest egg of Ж100,000.

Also, buggering off with a company's resources to another company probably falls under the Corporate Espionage category- so, just like spying and sabotage, PM me if you wish to try pulling anything.

As of now, I'm writing the next turn.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2013, 05:03:23 pm »

PTW
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2013, 05:37:31 pm »

Won't having an extra player have some bonus to research? If not, I understand it for balance, but I figure that if a company gives an independent contractor money, they could work side-by-side and get twice as much done.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2013, 08:32:46 pm »

It is year G+2, Semester 1
You've begun your second round of ships. Now, it's time to finalize your designs, and pitch for new contracts! Competition should be a lot more difficult, since the most profitable contracts are becoming exclusive.

Incidentally, fun fact: Since I copy-paste Ж so much, I've begun thinking of the currency as "control-vee's"in my head.

RESULTS
You all still have your old designs, which you can continue to market if you so choose. For now, you'll have to refer to my previous post for their stats though. Another note: I think I might start requiring you to actually specify what technology you're using, to better reflect your intents for the design. No more having me decide what technology best fits your design for you, they all have descriptions.

Also, from here on, I'm giving your ships embarrassing names if you don't name them. :P

Last note: Typically, you'll only be able to make one major modification in the final development phase. Occasionally you can get more, but you run an even higher risk of side-effects.

Kingfisher Ships, CEO Kingfisher1112 of the free planet Crudof
Funds: Ж36,500

Spoiler: Kingfisher-2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: R&D (click to show/hide)

War Finch Enterprises, CEO IronyOwl of the free planet Venom 8
Funds: Ж62,000

Spoiler: Egret-1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: WarFinch-1A (click to show/hide)

Raven's Ships, CEO scapheap of the Promian planet Gaia 1
Funds: Ж87,800

Spoiler: Raven-2 (click to show/hide)

Wraith's Riders, CEO Brood of the free planet Jurase

Funds: Ж10,000
Reminder: Yeh can market in the second semester, but not the first.

Spoiler: WraithRider-2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: WraithRider-1A (click to show/hide)
The AI added a bit of weight, but the large engines still made it faster.
[/spoiler]

Unless you find some extra money, you might have trouble with manufacturing this year! Consider selling technology or something.

V.N.C., CEO 10ebbor10 of the free planet Vraxus
Funds: Ж30,200

Spoiler: Vraxian Mining Drone (click to show/hide)

You, too, are a little short on money at this point. Fortunately the drones aren't expensive to manufacture.

Unity Shipyards, Inc. CEO Nirur Torir, of Swadian planet Achilles II

Funds: Ж37,500

Spoiler: Salmon Light (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Minnow (click to show/hide)

SHIP PERFORMANCE

Kingfisher-1 (Kingfisher1112): These armed drones have mixed results against Space Banditos, usually winning or losing by numbers. Their lack of speed makes them fairly vulnerable. Nonetheless, they're fairly well received.

Raven-1 (scapheap): Your space taxi style ship is more expensive for passengers than the competing Warfinch, but faster, so becomes favored by high-spending types despite its relatively cramped quarters.

Vraxian Mining Station, Vraxian Spacetug (10ebbor10): The mining station and tugs prove good for handling large asteroids, except for the occasional downtime (but no accidents) due to AI faults. There are instances in which a space tug was seen in a group of space banditos, who attacked ships and used the tug to retrieve scrap and cargo. The guns are reassuring, but miners have seen few bandito attacks.

WraithRider-1 (Brood): The WraithRider becomes somewhat popular, despite its price, as the ship capable of moving the most cargo the quickest. However, some are easy prey for space banditos due to their low armor- fortunately, they're faster than most bandit ships.

Unity-1 (Nirur Torir): The Ultor corporation finds the Unity ships to mine more ore on a per-spacedollar basis and be more reliable than the stations. They're also suitably solid for the job of being near lots of rocks they might collide with.

WarFinch-1 (IronyOwl): This, despite its cost to buyers, becomes a relatively economic transport solution for passengers and there's growing interest in this and similar ships. However, there's an incident where a WarFinch violently exploded during refueling. While there wasn't anybody on board, it's still a subject of controversy.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 09:14:08 pm by Sensei »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: All Of You Manufacture Space Ships (Competitive): YEAR 2, SEMESTER 1.
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2013, 08:45:33 pm »

Ummm, sensei. I DID note I was researching a particle weapon for Brood
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2013, 08:47:00 pm »

And what happened to my research into advanced ion engines?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2013, 08:49:49 pm »

And what happened to my research into advanced ion engines?
Ummm, sensei. I DID note I was researching a particle weapon for Brood
Derp derp. I'll amend!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13