Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Manufacture Spaceships Year 4. Promian Czarships claims captured alien craft!  (Read 12775 times)

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: All Of You Manufacture Space Ships (Competitive)
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2013, 07:37:50 pm »

ehh, withdrawing. My dance card's full.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: All Of You Manufacture Space Ships (Competitive)
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2013, 09:13:45 pm »

It is year G+1, First Semester
This is the design phase of the First Year of the game. In the future, all dates will be referred to as such.

The Technology list will be automatically and publicly updated with any un-listed technology that seems too obvious to require research.
Researched technologies will remain a secret automatically- everyone will see that you have it, but they won't be able to use it. Second turn rules will be elaborated on at the end of this post.

Also, going on, try to be slightly specific about what parts you want your ship made out of, and also give it a name. Next design turn you will be able to target specific numbers as well, since you'll have a sense of what they are. You can also put effort into good random factors like "Good looking" or the like. What I do is roll for good and bad mutations for the design and pick them myself, I'll pick good ones you choose before other ones.

RESULTS:

War Finch Enterprises, CEO IronyOwl of the free planet Venom 8
Funds: Ж75,000

Spoiler: WarFinch-1 (click to show/hide)

Wraith's Riders, CEO Brood of the free planet Jurase
Funds: Ж50,000

Spoiler: WraithRider-1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: R&D (click to show/hide)

Raven's Ships, CEO scapheap of the Promian planet Gaia 1
Funds: Ж75,000

Spoiler: Raven-1 (click to show/hide)

V.N.C., CEO 10ebbor10 of the free planet Vraxus
Funds: Ж45,000

Spoiler: Vraxian Mining Station (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Vraxian Spacetug (click to show/hide)

Unity Shipyards, Inc. CEO Nirur Torir, of Swadian planet Achilles II
Funds: Ж70,000

Spoiler: Unity-1 (click to show/hide)

Kingfisher Ships, CEO Kingfisher1112 of the free planet Crudof
Funds: Ж70,000

Spoiler: Kingfisher-1 (click to show/hide)

I'm afraid I'll have to cut it off at 6 (derp, why did I write 5?) companies for now, lest this get too unwieldy for me. However, you can join someone else's company- up to you how you handle that.

New Tech
-Titanium Structure: Very expensive, until the Ultor mining corporation can expand.
-Docking System: Connects two ships, only needs to be installed on one. Can transfer passengers and cargo. Not a hangar!
-Tugging rig: Allows one ship to pull another at low speeds only. Good for moving stations or disabled ships.
Tech people have researched which is not on this list, is not publicly available!

Second Turn Rules
Now, you all have your designs and preliminary research, there's a few actions you can take.
-First and foremost, market your ships to contractors! Write a short paragraph and a suggested price for the contractor you want to sell to. They may accept, decline or choose a different price. For now, you will automatically accept the best offer returned to you. Next time around contracts will offer a price or choose one or more bidders, favoring the lowest first in most cases.

-You can try to improve your ships. This will make them more appealing to bidders, or more satisfying to bidders after they buy them. Bidders aren't aware of safety issues, and you can even lie to bidders but that may have consequences later if your ship doesn't meet up to what you said it would do.

-You can finish researching something where your preliminary research has been successful. When you do so, you can use it the next Design Semester. If you don't choose to finish research, you can do so at a later time. Unlike preliminary research, this is guaranteed to work if you spend the money.

-You can buy and sell technology, or designs between eachother! Simply decide on a price, and it is done! Hell, it's possible to be a successful space ship corporation with ever designing a space ship this way, if you choose. HOWEVER, you can only sell technology you have finished researching, or will finish researching in the same turn as when you sell it.

-You can attempt to enter the fabulous world of CORPORATE ESPIONAGE! This includes sabotaging someone else's design, research or ship production (causing it to fail or add flaws), stealing technology, or anything else you can think of. PM me if you want more details, or to actually attempt something.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 06:00:36 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: All Of You Manufacture Space Ships (Competitive): YEAR 1, SEMESTER 1
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 01:04:14 am »

Firstly, Marketing!
Kingfisher Ships contacts a number of nearby planets and miners, extolling the virtues of our small patrol drone. It is cheap and affordable, able to ward off pirates. Even better, it is expendable. It is fat enough to ride along with convoys, providing low-key protection! All this for only 2000!
Complete research on the coilgun.

I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2013, 01:19:11 am »

Hey Kingfisher, mind if I join your company as a weapons tech?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2013, 01:36:14 am »

Name of your Corporation: Ravens Ships
You Forum Name:scapheap
Your Starting Funds: Ж75,000
Your Home Planet: Gaia 1 in region Promian

reduce the ugliness of the ship and research radar jamming
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2013, 01:45:44 am »

All this for only 2000!
FYI, that's the manufacturing cost to you. You have to charge more.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2013, 01:58:41 am »

All this for only 2000!
FYI, that's the manufacturing cost to you. You have to charge more.
I know. I priced it 2000, it's cost to me is 1500.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Meme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2013, 05:49:22 am »

I'm not in it?  Ahh well its what I get for being 6th maybe I can join a company....

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2013, 11:06:36 am »

V.N.C., CEO 10ebbor10 of the free planet Vraxus
Funds: Ж45,000

Last Minute design modifications:
-Make 2 variations on the Station design: (If I need to pay 10.000 for this, just scrap the budget steel edition)
      -Deluxe Titanium edition
      -Budget Steel editions
-Attempt to reduce the Tug's weight

Spoiler: Marketing (click to show/hide)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2013, 01:21:31 pm »

Bumping because, c'mon guys, where are y'alls?

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2013, 02:57:17 pm »

PTW
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2013, 03:40:28 pm »

Increase the armor of the transport to at least double it's current level, but do so cheaply.
Find a way to fix the explosion problems.

Add the tracking device to the ship so I can locate it at all times.
Complete the AI and Engine research.
Continue work on armor and sensor jamming upgrades.

If the explosion flaw is fixed then market the ship.

" WraithRiders are placing a new ship on the market, it's high speed with a huge cargo hold. It has a single cockpit and WraithRiders also offers upgrades at a discounted rate to all previous customers as new upgrades become available and a discount on future purchases for repeat buyers.

Standard price for the ship is 8500 but for anybody buying 3 or more then price drops to 7000 per ship.
"

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2013, 04:52:49 pm »

I'm not in it?  Ahh well its what I get for being 6th maybe I can join a company....
Unity Shipyards, Inc. could use ambitious sorts such as yourself. Join, and start with control of 30,000, with annual funding adjustments to your subdivision based on how much wealth you make for the company.

Authorize research for small liquid-fuel engines.
Spend $10,000 testing and improving the safety and reliability of the Salmon mining vessels.
Spend $2500 on a so-bad-it's-good mini-series for television idealizing the life of a space miner, targeted towards the single-adult-male recent-college-graduate demographic. Naturally, the protagonist is an overly muscular man who prefers a Salmon he buys with inherited money in the first episode, and ends the series with a small fleet of four; each of the other three are piloted by a different love interest (Who all end up with him).

Attention, would-be space miners!
Unity Shipyards, Inc. has the perfect ship for you!
The Salmon is an entry-level mining vessel, designed for solo operations.
With its expanded cargohold, Bearclaw cannon to ward off pirates, durable armor, and extensive reliability testing,
the Salmon is able to continue asteroid mining for <<ESTIMATED MINING DURATION AT OPITMAL EFFICIENCY>>.
The standard price per ship is $7500, but act fast: There are five slots eligible for extended financing!*

*Extended financing requires $1600 up-front, and a further $1600 per year for five years. Passing a background check is required.
((Background check is against expected pirates and those with poor work ethics. Spend $150 per background check.))

TO:
CEO of Ultor Mining Corporation
Unity Shipyards has designed a new mining vessel we feel you will be interested in. The Salmon is designed to be economical and reliable, operating independently until its hold is full, and each carries a cannon to deter pirates. The standard market price is $7500 per ship. For every four Ultor Mining Corporation purchases, the fifth will be 50% cheaper, at $3500.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2013, 04:57:10 pm »

Ahem: Recently graduated weapons engineer looking for work, will take best offer
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2013, 09:07:52 pm »

Mostly just waiting for IronyOwl...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13