Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Manufacture Spaceships Year 4. Promian Czarships claims captured alien craft!  (Read 12777 times)

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: All Of You Manufacture Space Ships (Competitive): YEAR 2, SEMESTER 1.
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2013, 08:56:33 pm »

Ebbor wanna make a deal? Your AI is good for co-ordination but it's slightly unreliable and I have an advanced AI thats more reliable.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2013, 09:01:09 pm »

Meanwhile, I'll complete the particle laser(i.e. phaser) with the rest of the money in my contract(since I DID deliver a prototype)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2013, 09:03:38 pm »

Go for it, are my ion engines free?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2013, 09:14:44 pm »

No, Ж10,000- I re-amended to post. My apologies, I'm in full derp. Something about writing all that out seems to have scrambled my brain.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2013, 09:17:26 pm »

Incidentally, fun fact: Since I copy-paste Ж so much, I've begun thinking of the currency as "control-vee's"in my head.
((I hereby declare the official pronunciation of Ж to be "CVs." Within WarFinch Enterprises, at least.

Also when you say one last-minute modification, do you mean per-ship or altogether?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2013, 09:18:44 pm »

Per ship.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2013, 09:20:46 pm »

Advertisements.
Spend 5000 to advertise my new and improved cargo ship and the scout ship, sell them at 1500 above material price or 500 above when more then 3 are bought at once with payment up front.
Also advertise my advanced engines and AI for 500 above material price payment up front.
Also auction of the designs to the advanced AI to anybody who wants it.

Pay my engineer the remaining 10,000 of his fee.

Ultor, offer to fully upgrade the previous 5 cargo ships for material prices.
Drop the price of my upgraded cargo ship to 7500 per ship or 6500 per ship when more then 3 are bought but payment must be up front.
Attempt to negotiate a contract to be there sole supplies of cargo ships, and offer them a permanent rate of 500 above material price for every ship they buy without exception and all upgrades at material prices.
Also offer to take requests from them for modifications they would like and for other vessels they need.

Promians
Upgrade the scout craft with titanium armor as long as it costs less then 9000 then market the craft to them, send a copy of the completed schematic with the upgrade.

" I would like to accept the contract for a scout craft, my scout craft is one of the fastest on the market, is reasonably armed and comes with a tracking system so you can always locate it and an advanced AI incase the pilot is injured, it is also well armored for a light scouting craft.
I will also offer to upgrade any and all ships in your fleet at material rates with advanced engines and AI and place a tracking system on every ship in your fleet free of charge so if anything should happen you can always find them.
If acceptable I would like the 100k fee in advance.
"

If I have enough money left over complete the research on the advanced engines.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 09:39:39 pm by Brood »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2013, 09:30:09 pm »

Perform safety testing on Minnow to ensure it meets my safety standards. Fix any noticed problems.
Attempt to cheapen the Salmon Light by getting rid of the honeycombing and cutting down on engines with the reduced weight.

TO:
CEO of Ultor Mining Corporation
Unity Shipyards has furthered our expertise in the design of specialized mining vessels. In addition to our old Salmon design, still priced at Ж7500 each, we have three lighter variants priced at Ж5000 each. More are possible, but Unity Shipyards would require up-front payment to cope with construction facility expansion. The Salmon Light lacks a cannon and is slightly less durable than its predecessor.

Attention, would-be space miners!
Unity Shipyards, Inc. has the perfect ship for you!
The Salmon is an entry-level mining vessel, designed for solo operations.
With its expanded cargohold, Bearclaw cannon to ward off pirates, durable armor, and extensive reliability testing,
the Salmon is able to continue asteroid mining for <<ESTIMATED MINING DURATION AT OPITMAL EFFICIENCY>>.
Get one today, for only Ж7500.

To: IReallyLoveSpace512365724564236@iMail.com
Subect: New ship available!
Dear valued potential customer:
Unity Shipyards, Inc. has added a new vessel targeted towards the civilian market. The Minnow is the solution for small-scale passenger transportation, fully capable of both inter-atmospheric and space flight. The Minnow is available for Ж5000.

Fun fact! The Minnow can get from Achilles II's Undine Spaceport to Achilles IIb's Seer Spaceport in <<FLIGHT TIME HERE>>!

You have received this mail because you have signed up for our news feed. If you do not want further contact from us, please click this link.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 09:40:14 pm by Nirur Torir »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2013, 12:00:16 am »

Bump! In case anyone who's playing this is checking the first page for it to show up. :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2013, 12:15:43 am »

Release a statement assuring customers that the refueling explosion incident was likely a result of a fuel line fault that has since been corrected.

...has it been corrected in the original models as well? Refrain from lying about that part. :I

Attempt to improve the WarFinch-1A's speed.

Attempt to improve Egret-1's fuel efficiency.

Researching an on-ship pool sounds awesome. Can it be done before the next semester?

Market WarFinch-1A, Suggested Cost: 7500 (drop original WarFinch-1 price to 6000, if there's still a demand for it
From the trusted makers of the WarFinch-1 comes the WarFinch-1A! Boasting improved armor and increased speed, the WarFinch-1A continues War Finch Enterprises' commitment to bringing you quality transportation solutions at reasonable prices.

Suggest Egret-1 for that luxury yacht contract:
The Egret-1 is designed with luxury in mind, boasting spacious accommodations, luxury television sets, and enhanced sensors to allow your guests to gaze upon the beauty of the stars should they so desire. It also features protective plating to ensure your absolute safety, and is reasonably fast to boot- not that you'll be in a hurry to get off this fine vessel anytime soon!

Perhaps most importantly, the ship also looks very nice. Impress your friends both inside and out with the current pinnacle of luxury- the Egret-1!

More luxurious R&D available should the Egret-1 fail to meet your luxury specifications.

((What's the rules on selling things to people other than a contract holder? If I tried to market the Egret-1 in general also, for instance, would anyone get mad at me?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2013, 12:24:33 am »

((What's the rules on selling things to people other than a contract holder? If I tried to market the Egret-1 in general also, for instance, would anyone get mad at me?))
No, they won't get mad at you- but if someone made a more specialized ship, they'd be much more likely to score a contract. Because the cost of initial research is very expensive, the wise thing to do will be to modify ships to meet a contract, or try to sell ships you've made for a contract publicly as well.

As the game goes on, you'll see a trend away from random yahoos buying ships, to contracts being put out by militaries, corporations, and in the case of civilians, dealerships.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2013, 12:25:21 am »

Contract the Promian Czarship about the fast armed scout ships and offer the Raven-2s

Very fast

Run ads for the Raven-1s
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2013, 12:30:26 am »

If by some absurdity 10ebbor10 and Kingfisher post soon, and I feel particularly energetic, I might actually be able to do another turn tonight. But don't count on it. :P

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2013, 06:23:46 am »

Kingfisher ships presents their newest ship to the Swadians, highlighting it's three coilguns and armour, and asking for payment upfront for production. Also attempt to sell it to various independents.

I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2013, 06:45:43 am »

(( Hah I'm sure the Swadians will love that, selling a warship they asked to be built for them to everybody who wants one. ))
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13