Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Manufacture Spaceships Year 4. Promian Czarships claims captured alien craft!  (Read 12761 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: All Of You Manufacture Space Ships (Competitive): YEAR 1, SEMESTER 1
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2013, 10:58:57 pm »

((Sorry, sorry!))

Attention Free Planets:

The WarFinch-1 mass transport vessel is an ideal, stylish, cost-effective solution to your mass transit needs. While not the fastest or most armored means of transportation available, the WarFinch makes up for this with its high capacity and pleasant exterior. If you're looking to get a lot of people somewhere in style, the WarFinch-1 is for you!

Suggested Price: 8,000

Attempt to improve the WarFinch-1's speed.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: All Of You Manufacture Space Ships (Competitive): YEAR 1, SEMESTER 1
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2013, 12:23:50 am »

It is year G+1, Second Semester

The Second Semester is complete, and you're seeing your first income! You can continue to sell or modify previous blueprints, and you may find it more profitable than making an entirely new ship for some contracts. What's more, some of the first new technologies are on the table. Now time for more designs, redesigns, and research as you move to fulfill new contracts!

Things to keep in mind include that improvements made to designs during the semester are last-minute, and unless you say otherwise you're assumed to be marketing your ships as having those improvements... even if you don't end up being finished, or your fixes create more problems. Also, now that we have a rough system going, you can build ships with target numbers in mind, like "costs less than Ж5000 to manufacture" or "has a speed of 10". I still strongly prefer you to actually specify which components you have in mind. If your requirements are too ambitious or too many, you're likely to fall short in other areas, fall short in your target areas, or introduce bad mutations.

Soon, you'll see how your ships are performing in the field. Cross your fingers for no violent mishaps- to you own ships, anyway!

Lastly, these posts sure are long... how's the format/readability feel to you guys?

RESULTS

Kingfisher Ships, CEO Kingfisher1112 of the free planet Crudof
Funds: Ж66,500

Spoiler: Kingfisher-1 (click to show/hide)
People are leery of an automated gun, and private weapons are illegal in the Swadian empire. However, some civilians in the Promian empire and free plants are allured by the promise of very cheap protection. You sell an initial run of 13 drones to assorted people interested, for a revenue of Ж26,000 and profit of Ж6,500. You might consider selling these for more once some consumer confidence builds.

Spoiler: R&D (click to show/hide)
For the cost of Ж10,000, you complete the Coilgun! You may include it in future designs.

Raven's Ships, CEO scapheap of the Promian planet Gaia 1
Funds: Ж87,800

Spoiler: Raven-1 (click to show/hide)
You succeed in making the ship look less phallic by moving the main thrusters up the body. However, it has become slightly slower. You market it as a transport solution to various free bodies. You get an offer to buy 16 at the price of Ж2,800. You profit Ж12,800.

You cannot currently begin a research project due to your marketing efforts. You may begin researching in the design semester.

V.N.C., CEO 10ebbor10 of the free planet Vraxus
Funds: Ж65,200

Spoiler: Vraxian Mining Station (click to show/hide)
You struggle to prepare a steel version, but you don't succeed in preparing it before marketing time rolls around. You convince Ultor Mining to purchase one (on a "trial basis" they say, but you insist that there will be no refunds) as well as a private mining group to make the investment. From the two sales, you profit Ж16,000.

Spoiler: Vraxian Spacetug (click to show/hide)
Ultor and the private mining group each purchase one space tug, and another private group purchases one with mainly the tow cable in mind (but they are "happy to have the gun"). In total, you profit Ж8,000. However, to cover the cost (you didn't have enough manufacturing money after the stations) you were forced to take a loan at 20%, costing Ж3,800.

Wraith's Riders, CEO Brood of the free planet Jurase

Funds: Ж55,000

Spoiler: WraithRider-1 (click to show/hide)
You only really have enough time to make one modification to the design, so you focus on handling the explosion issue. You succeed in reinforcing the fuel line, but at the cost of some speed. You also aren't able to add the tracker, that will have to wait until next design phase. You market the ship and successfully sell ten, five of them being to Ultor, at a price of Ж8,500. You profit Ж25,000. Being the only main-cargo ship on the market really helped.

You complete the High-Powered liquid engines and more reliable AI. This sets you back Ж20,000, and you have two new technologies! Further research work can be made in the next design semester.

Unity Shipyards, Inc. CEO Nirur Torir, of Swadian planet Achilles II

Funds: Ж77,500

You spend your Ж2,500 on TV miniseries, hoping to target potential private ship owners. Somewhere along the line the small group of people you hired decided the series should be done with sock puppets, but it was... memorable, at least. By the end of the day, Sock-Jordan was the admiration of many sock-women and obliterated many sock-space-banditos.

Spoiler: Unity-1 (click to show/hide)
You spend your last-minute design time checking and double-checking the ship for safety purposes (does not cost extra). You don't find anything worrying. The Ultor Corporation decides to buy three ships from you, and you sell five to other parties, profiting Ж20,000.

You go ahead and develop the small liquid engines, spend Ж15,000. They're pretty cool.

War Finch Enterprises, CEO IronyOwl of the free planet Venom 8
Funds: Ж87,000

Spoiler: WarFinch-1 (click to show/hide)
You attempy to make the ship faster. As a rush last effort, you manage to increase the fuel flow. The now moderately-fast passenger ship is picked up by a few buyers, you successfully sell 3 for a profit of Ж12,000. The price is seen is fairly steep, though, for a craft without much equipment.

CURRENT TECHNOLOGY:
List now includes new technologies, and who has access to them.
Incidentally, if I haven't said already, you are perfectly welcome to sell designs and tech to eachother at whatever price you see fit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Contracts for year G+2
There's some more lucrative, competitive, and dare I say contractual contracts this year.

-A private entity is offering Ж40,000 for a luxury party yacht. They will, of course, only be buying one. It's up to you to design one and explain why yours is better than anyone else's.

-The Swadian Empire is now offering a contract of Ж100,000 for a fleet of ten manned gunships, including payment in advance if needed for construction. They are mainly interested in armor and armament. Keep in mind the cost of manufacturing the ships as you make an offer, and make a design. This will only be awarded to one company!

-The Promian Czarship is also offering a Ж100,000 contract for ten of the fasted armed scout ships said money can buy, including payment in advance if needed. This will only be awarded to one company!

-Ultor Mining Corporation is offering Ж5,000 a piece for mining craft, as much as they're available. They are also interested in shipping vessels, separately.

-The market for civilian passenger and cargo ships is still strong.

-Interest in private, atmospheric flight vehicles remains.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: All Of You Manufacture Space Ships (Competitive): YEAR 1, SEMESTER 2.
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2013, 12:28:47 am »

*Sigh* Weapon's tech still looking for work
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2013, 12:32:34 am »

I'll take you on, what price are you looking for?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2013, 12:39:16 am »

20,000 a year is a good start point. I'm specializing in particle weaponry, but I can work with any weapons system :D
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2013, 12:44:23 am »

Hmmm, 10,000 up front and 10,000 once you give me a working prototype weapon? If thats ok then consider yourself hired and see what you can do about a light weight particle weapon, the stronger the better but not to heavy.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 12:53:57 am by Brood »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2013, 01:01:52 am »

Hmmm, 10,000 up front and 10,000 once you give me a working prototype weapon? If thats ok then consider yourself hired and see what you can do about a light weight particle weapon, the stronger the better but not to heavy.

Deal :P

Research for Wraith's Riders:Light Phased Particle Laser(I.E. Phaser);
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:05:10 am by tryrar »

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2013, 01:19:51 am »

Kingfisher ships designs a heavily armoured, slow, large ship armed with coilguns. They also spend 5000 on marketing the drone, and attempt to develop a railgun.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2013, 01:20:08 am »

((Readability seems good to me.

We don't sell anything during the first semester, do we? Or was that just because we had nothing to sell and no contacts to fulfill?))

New Design: Egret-1
-Liquid Fuel Engines
-Reinforced Steel Structure
-Two Pilot Cockpit
-Passenger Payload, fancied up and made rather large for luxurious enjoyment purposes
-Long range sensors, connected to wall-screen TVs so guests can enjoy the beauty of the stars or something when they're not watching something debauched on them
-Make sure it looks good from the outside
-Aim for 30,000 credit maximum cost, ditching the long-range sensors if necessary

Attempt to upgrade our WarFinch-1s (to WarFinch-2s, if a distinction is necessary) to be better-armored.

Attempt to research better passenger compartments. Ideally more comfortable, lightweight, and stronger, but any improvement to the art of stuffing people in rocket cans is a breakthrough.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2013, 01:32:43 am »

Design the fast scout units(armed and fast, at the cost of armour) and research radar jamming.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2013, 01:36:42 am »

We don't sell anything during the first semester, do we? Or was that just because we had nothing to sell and no contacts to fulfill?
Yeah, you won't sell anything during the first semester. The year is just arbitrarily split into a design/research semester, and a build/sell semester- mostly for my own sanity.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2013, 07:32:37 am »

Add the upgraded engines, AI and Tracking device to the previous cargo ship, contact Ultor offering the new ship at 1000 above it's construction price a piece and offer to upgrade the previous 5 at material prices. ( Only the cost of the materials for the upgrade itself, no profit from the upgrades.
Inquire about a contract with them, I provide the new upgraded ship to them and nobody else, if interested allow them to make the first offer but accept no less then 20,000.

Design the smallest possible scout craft with my advanced engines, a single person cockpit and the AI system built in, place twin cannons of the shuttle and long range sensors with a max construction price of 9500 but less is good.
Send the following message to the Promians.
" I would like to accept your contract for 10 scout ships, at present my company builds the most advanced engines in existance and as such I can produce a faster scout ship for you then anybody else, I can also add in a tracking system so you can monitor your ships locations at all times and an advanced AI as a reserve incase the pilot is incapacitated.
If this is acceptable I will have a schematic sent to you shortly and will begin construction of your ships when payment arrives.
"
Research the jamming system and an armor that is lighter then reinforced steel but just as strong.
Also begin research into an advanced Ion engine that maintains it's light weight but is much more powerful..
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 11:10:24 am by Brood »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2013, 11:03:07 am »

We don't sell anything during the first semester, do we? Or was that just because we had nothing to sell and no contacts to fulfill?
Yeah, you won't sell anything during the first semester. The year is just arbitrarily split into a design/research semester, and a build/sell semester- mostly for my own sanity.
Just felt this needed repeating for Brood and the like. Ie, no Marketing now.

Also, You want the Ultor compagny to pay you for the right to buy their ship's only from you? Something seems strange about that.

V.N.C., CEO 10ebbor10 of the free planet Vraxus
Funds: Ж65,200

Design:

-Vraxian Automated Mining Drone Cost: 25.000*

Research: Cost: 10.000*

Other:

Look for an alternative way of investements. 20% Loans on such a short time are downright criminal.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2013, 11:10:54 am »

Needed a slight rewording, but if it can't be done this turn I'll just paste it to the next one.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2013, 01:54:37 pm »

We simply await Nirur Torir. In other words, bump!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13