Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: Roll to Brawl: Game 1, Quarter 1, Play 1, Turn 4: First Blood!  (Read 16288 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Roll to Brawl: Game 1, Pregame
« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2013, 01:22:10 pm »

This guy speaks a lot and I don't understand much. He reminds me of when Flash talks to us. thought Alan as he struggled to understand the difference between ronin and ninja.

"Oh. OK then. Ronin. That sounds like fun. I think you brawl because it's fun. I brawl because it's fun too. I like to play with my friends here. And I like that I can smash things. That's why they call me "smash". Some people say it's because I'm usually smashed, but I don't get that. I try to not get smashed by others because it hurts. So, how do they call you?" ((Whew, trying to write speech using small simple words is harder then I thought.))

Quote from: GM
Could everyone check to make sure I put your username at the end of your character sheet, please? It helps me figure out who's who, and I forgot it on some.
(Parisbre56) in Alan "Smash" Gazeer please.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 03:35:41 pm by Parisbre56 »

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 29, 2013, 01:33:42 pm »

"Well, why exactly do so many gangs want you guys gone?" Mouse asks, quickly tacking on: "I mean, I get we're trying to settle some feud or whatever, but we've got nothing against you ourselves.You seem like a half-decent set of guys, ya know?"

((Mine isn't listed, and since it may be hard to tell, I'm "Brawler Mouse" Johnson))
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 04:04:43 pm by Brawler Mouse »
Dendritic.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 29, 2013, 06:42:17 pm »

Talk to dwarf about himself.

"Hello, dwarf. What are you?"
"Name's Tech. I'm the mechanic, technician, outrider, and shortest member of this team. And you?"

Moby Godwinson
(I meant in the character-sheets in the second post.)

OOC: Ok, Cheesecake, you need to show me how you do that. Right. Now
Simple, have a 6 in Showmanship.

Say, "Sowwy big man, dat is just the way I think. If you don't like it, I'll go away now."
"Sowwy, beeg man, dot is jost de vay I tink. Eev you don' like eet, I'll go avay now."
"Well, if you're adamant in your discrimination against those shorter than you, then leave. Just remember: I will be facing you tomorrow..."

Approach the knife guy, and ask him what his position is.
"Hey. What's your position?"
"I'm the Banger."

His response was brisk and curt. "No, sir." He watched the kid, the sir sounding more disdainful and spiteful than respectful. "Why should I know him?"
"No, siir. Why should I know him?"
"I dunno, cuz he's on yo' team?"

I touch my glasses "I'm ze medic."
"I 'zee'...so, anything else you wanted to chat about or are you just scouting out the opposition a little?"

This guy speaks a lot and I don't understand much. He reminds me of when Flash talks to us. thought Alan as he struggled to understand the difference between ronin and ninja.

"Oh. OK then. Ronin. That sounds like fun. I think you brawl because it's fun. I brawl because it's fun too. I like to play with my friends here. And I like that I can smash things. That's why they call me "smash". Some people say it's because I'm usually smashed, but I don't get that. I try to not get smashed by others because it hurts. So, how do they call you?" ((Whew, trying to write speech using small simple words is harder then I thought.))

Quote from: GM
Could everyone check to make sure I put your username at the end of your character sheet, please? It helps me figure out who's who, and I forgot it on some.
(Parisbre56) in Alan "Smash" Gazeer please.
Thanks.

"Well, why exactly do so many gangs want you guys gone?" Mouse asks, quickly tacking on: "I mean, I get we're trying to settle some feud or whatever, but we've got nothing against you ourselves.You seem like a half-decent set of guys, ya know?"
He shrugs. "We're taking their 'turf,' I suppose. I certainly can't imagine what their complaints would be otherwise; we've thoroughly engaged in what I can determine is the local system of honor."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 29, 2013, 07:12:53 pm »

"Honor, eh? I can't imagine half of the downtown wanting you out unless you did something to get on their bad side." Johnson paused. Just how much turf did these guys take? Either something fishy is going on, or these guys are some seriously bad dudes. "Well, pleasure to meet ya. I hope there's no hard feelings, seeing as we're gonna be trying to bash eachother's faces in tomorrow, yeah?" Johnson felt uneasy about all of this. We've been offered a hundred large on a win, and ten regardless? And this from a group of gangs that ought to be slitting eachother's throats, not paying us off to brawl for them. He decided it'd be best to leave his options open, pissing off our benefactors could be fatal, but these samurais seem all right.

((What would "B. M." Johnson know about what the Ronin have done from speaking with our employers?))
Dendritic.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 29, 2013, 07:42:25 pm »

"Moby Godwinson, fellow outrider and the most knowledgable about english literature on this team. It's going to be a blast playing you guys."
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 29, 2013, 07:59:09 pm »

Ask them for their numbers, then go talk with the leader.

"So, I'm Joey. I'm the boss of my boys here. You look like pretty decent people, so I just wanted to wish you luck. I'm pretty sure you can Brawl in other cities, too." Joey chuckles, then makes an "I'm sorry" gesture with his hands. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Seriously though, good luck. By the way, what're the girls' names and are they single?"
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 29, 2013, 08:11:11 pm »

"I don't fraternize all that often with my teammates. I keep to myself off the field and that's my protocol."

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 29, 2013, 08:33:48 pm »

Walk away.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 29, 2013, 08:36:51 pm »

"Well, I'm sorry if I offended you" Walk away

A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 29, 2013, 08:48:15 pm »

(Heavy, where did your accent go?)
Dendritic.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2013, 08:49:46 pm »

"Honor, eh? I can't imagine half of the downtown wanting you out unless you did something to get on their bad side."
"Some fights, but I've gathered that such things, or 'gang wars,' are not entirely uncommon."
"Well, pleasure to meet ya. I hope there's no hard feelings, seeing as we're gonna be trying to bash eachother's faces in tomorrow, yeah?"
"Pleasure to meet with you as well. Oh, look, another one of you wishes to speak with me."

((What would "B. M." Johnson know about what the Ronin have done from speaking with our employers?))
[?] You think that the gangs just hate them because of their honor, you know?

"Moby Godwinson, fellow outrider and the most knowledgable about english literature on this team. It's going to be a blast playing you guys."
"Can't be a stiff competition, neh? Anyways, glad to meet my rival-to-be. Glad to play ya."

Ask them for their numbers, then go talk with the leader.
You get their numbers.

"So, I'm Joey. I'm the boss of my boys here. You look like pretty decent people, so I just wanted to wish you luck. I'm pretty sure you can Brawl in other cities, too." Joey chuckles, then makes an "I'm sorry" gesture with his hands. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Seriously though, good luck. By the way, what're the girls' names and are they single?"
"I'll be glad to play you. Ah...that one," he points to the skinny one, "is Sleeper, and the other is ironically named Meat. I'm pretty sure Sleeper's single at the moment, but not Meat."

"I don't fraternize all that often with my teammates. I keep to myself off the field and that's my protocol."
"Ah. I's a shame, tha' is. He seems...int'restin'. Like som'n I knew in a past life, ya know? Anyhoo, know any'ne who would know 'im?"

Walk away.
You do.

You do.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 29, 2013, 09:00:01 pm »

Meet up with H. Guy, see how he's doing. He's a bit strange, but it's nice to have a kindred spirit in the art of punching stuff. Besides, he looks a bit dejected walking away from that guy. "How's it goin' hevs? Whatcha think of these guys?"
Dendritic.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 29, 2013, 09:35:17 pm »

"These men seem... different. I feel like I'm from a different universe then all of this. Like I don't belong." Heavy suddenly lightens up. "But, at least in this universe, there is still shooting to be done!"

(( Is RED scout on the other team?))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 29, 2013, 09:58:50 pm »

"Hey, don't worry bud, we all have some awkward conversations now and then. 'Sides, you've got the team!" Continue trying to cheer Heavy up, offer to buy him a sandwich from his favorite deli tomorrow if drastic measures are needed.

((Possibly? Urist will likely direct him towards us next turn, we can confirm then.))
Dendritic.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 29, 2013, 10:00:41 pm »

"You'd be surprised. Glad to play you too." Leave

(when are we going to play?)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19