Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What feature(s) would define Dwarf Fortress 1.0 for you?  (Read 1869 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: What feature(s) would define Dwarf Fortress 1.0 for you?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 10:38:57 pm »

These are features that I heard would occur, expect to occur, or would simply make the game not broken:

a) A proper economy that allows clothes and items to be properly distributed throughout the your fortress. Coinage would done through a banking system (or coins automatically condense).

40d had that, kind of, but it was removed cause broken.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What feature(s) would define Dwarf Fortress 1.0 for you?
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2013, 11:12:31 pm »

These are features that I heard would occur, expect to occur, or would simply make the game not broken:

a) A proper economy that allows clothes and items to be properly distributed throughout the your fortress. Coinage would done through a banking system (or coins automatically condense).

40d had that, kind of, but it was removed cause broken.

I know, thats why I said proper.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.
Pages: 1 [2]