Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Kill Will (A Revenge Quest Suggestion Game...With a Twist)  (Read 1620 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Will (A Revenge Quest Suggestion Game...With a Twist)
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 08:34:09 pm »

Find some of our closer criminal connections, and ask them for info about this "William".

You decide to find your friends in the city, darting through the streets and keeping out of sight. The moon hangs high over the city at this point, and fortunately the crowd of pedestrians becomes smaller and smaller as time marches on. However, you hide behind a wall, waiting for an armed night watch to pass you. He doesn't notice you, but you take into account he is well armored, and has a shortsword sheathed on his hip. After he's gone, you zip deeper into the belly of the metropolitan.

You find a familiar building, a cat brothel you use as a common meeting place with several allies. The prostitutes see you enter, but do not bother calling out to you as the business you come here for never involves a good lay. You enter the building's tavern area, where you see a familiar face behind the bar. He sees you coming up. "Well, if Kallias hasn't finally got out. Welcome back brother." You nod, "Nice to see you too Bernard." The two of you shake hands over the bar, and you take a seat. Bernard is the owner of this fine establishment, so you've knew him for several years before you were imprisoned. "So, what can I get you?" You lean forward, "You know any read I can get on this fellow named William?" Bernard laughs. "William? William Standford? William Durstmarch? Shit, I know about ten of them! I could right you a damned novel about all of them. Anyways, can I get you something tangible? Like some new clothes maybe? Or a bath that you could seriously use?"

Spoiler: Kallias Launce (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 09:32:58 pm »

New clothes and a bath would be nice.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 09:49:16 am »

PTW
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 06:30:01 pm »

New clothes and a bath would be nice.

"Yeah, clothes and a bath would be helpful." Bernard nods. "Upstairs, third room on the left. Feel free to stay for the night." You trod up the stairs to reach your destination as Bernard states with finality, "You'll owe me a favor. Just remember that." You nod and proceed to the room. Upon arrival you are greeted with standard inn quality: A bed, a table, two chairs and a mirror, though a wooden tub has been put at the corner of the room, barely big enough for you to get into. And some plain clothes have been laid out upon the bed. How generous.

You relieve yourself of your prisoner wear, tossing it onto the floor and climbing into the tub. You relax and find a somewhat comfortable position as you think back to the events of today. Free at last, though ever since you offed that guard you've been thinking a lot about William.

Well you're clean, but you're also hungry and puzzled. How are you to go about things now?

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 06:40:39 pm »

Look for more info on William. Try and find out why he suddenly popped into your mind after you killed that guard.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2013, 07:29:26 pm »

Leave the brothel and find a cheap restaurant. Rack your mind for information on William while filling your stomach.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2013, 10:32:16 pm »

Look for more info on William. Try and find out why he suddenly popped into your mind after you killed that guard.
Leave the brothel and find a cheap restaurant. Rack your mind for information on William while filling your stomach.

After rejuvenating in the tub, you step out, dry yourself and quickly pop into peasant garbs. Inconspicuous enough you suppose. You exit the brothel, past the daily intake of plebeians and artisans alike sustaining their urges with paid hoes*. You scale the streets, pondering about William. You have no idea who this William can be, but for some reason you feel a connection with the guard you killed. He wanted William too. There is no way to prove this, you simply know. And so did the nobleman hung in the gallows. He was named Alfred Conner. You pause on your winding path through the city, how the fucke* did you figure that out with no prior knowledge? Something must be coming over you, but you have no idea what.

You snap back to reality when your stomach growls loudly. You haven't eaten in hours, and you turn to scout out the nearest place to grab grub. Your eyes rest on a pub as pick up the scent of something that you'd been deprived of so long it was almost alien; warm food. Meat, potatoes and ale. As you approach the dingy restaurant, you realize you have no coins on you. Well, you could beg or earn cash through honest work, or you could just employ the tactics you've been honing in prison for years...

-----------

*To my knowledge, using the term 'hoes' is an anachronism in regards to the time period. However, 'fucke', is not.

Also, this game is back up due to popular demand. You guys are welcome. :P

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2013, 11:41:04 pm »

Snatch some food, then investigate who this "Alfred Connor" is.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2013, 12:21:56 am »

Steal money, THEN buy food.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!
Pages: 1 [2]