Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: A kobold summoner, now with a raven familiar.  (Read 4006 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A kobold summoner, now with a raven familiar.
« on: April 19, 2013, 07:57:10 pm »

Before I can draw any pictures, we need a Class (daggermaster, evocationalist, historian, peasant thief, tinker, house builder, etc) and a Primary Attribute (strength, luck, musicality, learning, shooting, etc). Skills, traits, and starting conditions will be available for selection will be based on these. A Name (male cutebold) would be nice, but most names probably won't impact things. We'll start at low-mid level, unless the chosen class is funny and demands a different starting level.

One character will be controlled by everyone.

Generic low fantasy setting, likely akin to DF. This will be a light game. Don't expect much internal consistency, adherence to physics, or longevity.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 05:25:04 pm by Nirur Torir »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Class: Summoner. When magic is involved, summoning always makes things better!
Primary Attribute: Learning. When magic is involved, if you can't make it better, you just need to learn how!
Name: Sazzilfrazz. I don't know either.

Could also go for some sort of full plate semicaster (death knight > paladin, though).
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Primary Attribute: Learning. When magic is involved, if you can't make it better, you just need to learn how!
Name: Glimbus. I don't know either.

Could also go for some sort of full plate semicaster (death knight > paladin, though).
Yes.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

Class: Cultist (Sacrifice infidels to appease the Dark Gods. Summon daemons. Strength buffs and all that)
Primary Attribute: Learning (Learn all the forbidden knowledge!)
Name: Larry (Don't worry, Iron, I'm bad at names too)

Actually, a Death Knight would sound pretty cool. Do we start with anything? Is any kind of magic illegal or something?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Class: Jester
Primary Attribute: Cowardice
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Class: Overseer
Primary Attribute: Cleverness
Name: Drakruldus
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do we start with anything? Is any kind of magic illegal or something?
We'll start with appropriate gear. I had not given any thought to whether or not magic based on sacrificing entire villages to briefly manifest an entity of near-godlike power would be illegal. I imagine some people, potentially even lawmakers, frown upon those sorts.

Class: Jester
Primary Attribute: Cowardice
Don't underrate Cowardice as a stat. "Proper" cowards wake up knowing exactly when and where danger will occur that day, and what form it will take. They serve as an excellent replacement for a night sentry.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Yes.
Blackguard/Summoner Dualclass?
Primary Attribute: RIP AND TEAR.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile

Yes.
Yes. Name: Harry.
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Class selected: Summoner.
Primary attribute selected: Learning.

Please select a subclass.
Spoiler: Subclasses (click to show/hide)

We need a casting style. Not all styles work with all classes, depending on common sense and voter persuasiveness (YOU try getting a god of chaos to sign a contract).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

These choices are too varied for me to generate background choices for voting. Make something up or we'll have to go through a third selection prompt before we start. Motivation as well. That's important unless we want to sit around in a tower reading.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

Subclass:teleporter. A odd field of summoning where the summoner loses range of his summoning for making it cheaper and faster allow one to completely rearrange a battlefield to their liking in seconds.

this is just a idea, my choices are below
---
subclass:Extraplaner Summoner
style:Contractual
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I vote Extraplanar Runic. I want to prepare extraplanar runes this morning.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

I vote for Extraplanar Runic.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

I vote for Extraplanar Runic.
Though how do contracts work? If you want legalese, I will drown you in it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: [1] 2 3 4