Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 200753 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D5: 6/13]
« Reply #1200 on: October 15, 2013, 07:05:11 pm »

Ok I would rather lynch Hapah too.

Sorry NQT :'(
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: October 15, 2013, 08:04:55 pm »

I'm going to hold my vote where it is... However, if it should happen that we are moving towards a tie, I will not allow a tie to happen and I will Unvote or vote for the Hapah if necessary. At this point, all I really care about is that the lynch against either Zombie Urist or Hapah is successful.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: October 16, 2013, 08:05:18 am »

You guys mind if I end this a little early? Such as now-ish?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: October 16, 2013, 08:08:59 am »

I personally would not be against it, as my vote is pretty well set.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: October 16, 2013, 08:21:38 am »

I think everyone's made up their minds. Shorten in any case.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: October 16, 2013, 09:11:55 am »

shorten
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: October 16, 2013, 09:37:38 am »

You guys mind if I end this a little early? Such as now-ish?
That's not very reassuring.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: October 16, 2013, 09:50:19 am »

PFP

Yeah sure
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [N5: 5/13]
« Reply #1209 on: October 16, 2013, 03:10:42 pm »

Night 5 Has Begun!

Votecount:
Hapah  - 2 -  ToonyMan, zombie urist
zombie urist  - 3 -  notquitethere, birdy51, Shakerag
notquitethere  - 0 - 
birdy51  - 0 - 
Toonyman  - 0 - 
Shakerag  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 0 - 
No Lynch  - 1 -  Hapah
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 
Oppose Shorten  - 3 -  Hapah, ToonyMan, zombie urist

Denis? Who was that? Hadn’t they seen this man before?

It didn’t matter, though. A Breton, and an untrustworthy sort with an untrustworthy profession. It had almost been a week now, and they’d run out of options - who else could it be? The taverner? The viscount? The widow? No, this time it had to be the Breton.

He was already on the stage, kneeling - he had his face down, as if he were ashamed to show it. Strange, though - how did he get there? It must’ve been as before, the guard accompanied him there. But did that happen?

The captain sharpens his sword with one last stroke of his stone. In a single cleave, the Breton’s head jumps off - his body, now limp, simply falls over.

zombie urist has been lynched!

The Night will end Saturday, 19th of October, 7PM UTC.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D6: 5/13]
« Reply #1210 on: October 19, 2013, 06:17:19 pm »

Day 6 Has Begun!
The Town Has Won! The Death Shaman Has Won!

Votecount:
notquitethere  - 0 - 
birdy51  - 0 - 
Toonyman  - 0 - 
Shakerag  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 0 -  ToonyMan, notquitethere, birdy51, Shakerag
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

“Another one down. Looks like the taverner this time.” The watchman gestured toward the body in the street, dimly lit by twilight.

The inquisitor nodded. It looked like a standard murder, but something was off. He prodded it with his foot - that’s it. There wasn’t enough blood. He turned to face his partner. “Do you think it’s like the one we saw last night?”

“Could be.” The other inquisitor gathered up his robe and squatted down. “This doesn’t seem right, though.” A hand appeared, and rested on his forehead. “Come.”

The two inquisitors huddled for a while before rising, their faces carefully neutral. “You can take the body to the others,” one told the watchman. “We’ll come in a bit.”

“That was the last witch.”

“It was. Killed by a vengeful local, I suspect.”

“Do you think so?”

“I’m fairly certain.” Almost imperceptibly, a wink.

And as the sun rose, the Inquisitors had begun leaving. They had done theirs, and moved on to another town, leaving those in Uzès to breathe a sigh of relief - and deal with their own problems. What became of Anne Morel after that is unknown - but presumably, she fared well.

The murders continued, however. Some unknown killer was murdering dozens each night, and the number increased each time - driven to a panic, smaller hunts would erupt after the model of the inquisitors’, but to no avail. Eventually, even the Viscount dies, though he thought himself safe with his secret in his castle. Widow Bouvet leaves shortly after to seek another benefactor, and Mathieu does too - resigning himself to the fact that his brother may now simply be dead, killed by this mass-murderer. Eventually, the townsfolk dwindle to nothing - and simply disappear. As the landscape begins to dissolve, so do the walls of the town, and the empty houses - nothing remains but the memories of those who escaped it in time.

But as snow began to fall across France, certain rumours began, spreading from town to town - stories of an undead child, wandering in the dark of forests and in streets by night, softly lit by a thousand ornate tattoos. Though each sighting would vary, they all mentioned a burn mark on his forehead.

It was a good day. The sky was blue, the sun was shining - and he had sold a lot of wine. That, especially, made him happy. He smiled for a moment, absentmindedly, but quickly stood up when he saw a new customer.

“Ah, Monsieur Moreau! ‘Tis good to see you again, while I’m here in Uzès. How may I help you?”

“What would you recommend for this season? Something local, I’d think.”

“Here-” the merchant pours him a small cup. “I bought a few barrels of this at a winery near here. They make very bright wine.”

“Mmm.”

“How goes your business since we met last?”

“Well enough. I think I shall be stocking better wine before long - the viscountess may produce a child soon, and people will want to celebrate. Now that it’s been three years in the marriage, at least it should be so.”

Estienne "Hapah" Moreau has died during the night! He was the Witch Mother.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]
« Reply #1211 on: October 19, 2013, 06:34:23 pm »

Spoiler: The game setup. (click to show/hide)

So good game. Before I get all the flavour organised, I'd like to mention a few post-game things:

Most of the game was thrown off whack by the Life Shaman claiming and dying immediately. It might have worked if the Shaman claimed better and the Ward was used on herself, but on the whole, that was a bad idea and was playing against her wincon. I tried to hint at that and tell her as much in the flavour and in the PMs we exchanged, but it seems that didn't work.

Most of the balance relied on the struggle between the Life and Death Shamans, which was supposed to happen until mid-game, when the first to make a big mistake would be the first to go, and tip the game in favour of Life or Death. That would require competent players and a good ability to keep a low profile - it looks like it didn't quite work out, though, which removed the main conflict from the game and made it less interesting. The Death Shaman subsequently won because, well, there wasn't anything in his way. I was hoping the last Witch would make the realisation that perhaps the now-dominant Death could be fought with Life, but it looks like that didn't happen either.

There was also the Dark Child, which was supposed to have very interesting mid-late game potential, but was sadly cut short by a nightkill. I deliberately added him in as a long-lost brother because it would be interesting, and because it made for a good mechanic that circumvented the role's fragility. That is, the mason Mathieu Gendre, if they came to recognise each other (which they mostly did here), would eventually become a backup body for the orphan boy-cum-demon child. Should be lynched or killed, the mason would become the new SK, along with the win condition and powers. The Dark Child didn't kill enough people for that, though. The Life Shaman was supposed to keep resurrecting enough that the Dark Child could get his powerups from the people who died.

And about resurrections. The reason Tiruin lost his eye wasn't because of her self-rez, but because the Dark Child ate it. Solifuge also ate Dariush's hand, but Tiruin was the only one who was resurrected and nobody could see the pattern.

The Rift was partly supposed to be something I could use to stir the game up if it got to this stage, but I was too busy to think of anything good. Again, sorry.

If, somehow, the Blood Ritual succeeded, everyone would "win" and get a fairly good ending. It was also there to potentially be used as a sort of tool for extortion, though, but that never took off.

Town played very well, but really in this situation there wasn't much to stop the Death Shaman from winning. ZU played fairly well, too, so it would feel bad to take his win away from him.

I'm not proud of the flavour, but it couldn't be helped. I had a lot to do.

Feel free to ask about anything else.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: October 19, 2013, 06:36:52 pm »

Witchchat
Toony-Dariush chat

No deadchat due to resurrects.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: October 19, 2013, 06:38:27 pm »

Why Tiruin, why.  :(

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: October 19, 2013, 07:27:35 pm »

Well Dar, I guess I don't have your respect.
I was not allied to anyone, and was simply vanilla town.

Toaster:
Quote from: Witchchat
ToasterPerson was signed in when posted
09-09-2013
11:28 AM ET (US)
   Lenglon is waaaaaaaaaay too ready to believe me.
It was a simple question of trust. No matter what I asked you, you could either lie about it and I couldn't verify it, or you'd tell the truth and I couldn't verify that either.
So I went with my gut - Is Toaster Lying Yes/No?
100% emotional read, but it was right again so...
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 84