Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 200807 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D5: 6/13]
« Reply #1140 on: October 11, 2013, 03:11:56 pm »

Shorten
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 11, 2013, 03:13:29 pm »

Is someone willing to tie up the vote count.  :P

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: October 11, 2013, 03:42:30 pm »

Zombie Urist, what do you possibly have to gain from shortening? You mentioned you wanted to kill demons, not witches, correct?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: October 11, 2013, 03:51:16 pm »

extend

That's not suspicious or anything.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: October 11, 2013, 04:08:48 pm »

Fuck it.

I'm the death shaman and I've already basically won. I was totally trolling about being lovers with Tiruin. I didn't think anyone would believe me, but I guess not.

I don't need to kill demons or witches. I won't claim my wincon.

The reason I haven't left is because there's another faction (possibly two) that need me to win. I killed Tiruin, Solifuge, and Lenglon. Tiruin was life shaman (obvious), Solifuge was demon (obvious to me, see D1 Okami), and I thought Lenglon got culted because her playstyle changed.

I am 99% sure the demons are mad at me because I killed Solifuge, which would explain why NQT wants me dead. My flavor tells me that Soli's soul is still possessed by a demon.

I'm getting bored of this game and getting too busy to really keep up, so meh.

Back to NQT

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: October 11, 2013, 04:32:30 pm »

Huh.  So if anyone has any idea on how to screw the DS now would be the time to come forward. 

I'll repeat, I'm VT all the way.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: October 11, 2013, 04:34:57 pm »

extend

As inquisitor I will lose if the witches are killed before the Death Shaman. Can we pretty please lynch the death shaman first?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: October 11, 2013, 04:35:45 pm »

Sure ZU

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: October 11, 2013, 04:43:19 pm »

You're a magical threat right ZU?

Toony, Birdy, care to claim anything at this juncture?

Good run Hapah but your gamewide holistic marked you out.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: October 11, 2013, 04:44:25 pm »

Belay that, of course you are if you're a shaman. My phone posts are always my least thought out.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: October 11, 2013, 04:47:02 pm »

lol, wow, didn't expect to be the sideshow instead of the main attraction after claiming witch. Off in half an hour or so, I'll grab a drink and we can have a nice chat
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: October 11, 2013, 04:50:30 pm »

The only reason I claimed was to take the spotlight.  :)

You're a magical threat right ZU?
Sure am.
NQT stop pretending you're town you may want town to win also but you're not town. LOL!
I bet ToonyMan is hiding something too.

Tiruin claimed there were two killing third parties. I'm one of them. I think Solifuge is the other since there was no kill last night.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: October 11, 2013, 05:24:55 pm »

PFP

ZU being the DS is very very not surprising.

Bigger post later.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: October 11, 2013, 06:42:32 pm »

The only reason I claimed was to take the spotlight.  :)
Bastard! Made me suffer that "gotta talk in front of the whole class" feeling for nothin'!

As inquisitor I will lose if the witches are killed before the Death Shaman. Can we pretty please lynch the death shaman first?
How does that work?

Good run Hapah but your gamewide holistic marked you out.
It's kinda funny, I would've played almost exactly the same except for D5 if I was Town.

Where to start. I guess I need to claim abilities for my little narrative to make sense. I've got three:

-The normal passive Witch magic detection. The only time it fired was on N3, on both kills, but I couldn't pull anything concrete from it. (PPE: And maybe N4, I saw something when I was leaving Leng's house)
-A 1-shot revive. The nice thing about this is that it removes all 1-shot powers from the person being resurrected. I still have it.
-An unlimited-shot Weaken. If the target has any limited-use abilities, it removes a shot from one at random. If all they have is unlimited-shot powers, it turns them into 4-shots. If they don't have any, then it doesn't do anything, I guess.

I hit Vector N0, Toony N1, Tir N2, Nobody N3 (I was really expecting to eat an inspect and didn't want to be caught out and about), and Leng N4. I initially sent in a res on ZU for N4 but ending up second-guessing and switching to Weaken instead.

I kinda wrote myself into a corner today, which is why I had to spew so much crap at NQT. Don't get me wrong, though: I still think all the stuff I mentioned is damn odd. But my problems today were mostly my own creation.

I mean, I come in D3, and I decided that Town Hapah would totally just focus on the Shamans. So I go on and on and on about 'em. Day 3 is what it is, Day 4 I thought Leng was off. I planned to lean on Leng more D5, but it wasn't meant to be. So Day 5 starts, and I've been harping on and on about how the DS has to be from out of town, just has to be. And the only two people left that are really potential DS candidates are ZU and NQT. And I think the DS might have a way to kill himself (though maybe it was just the coma poison thing, I dunno). And I've got a revive, sure, but the big problem with that is that Kills resolve before Revives in the action order. And since I think there's a very real chance that the DS would be able to kill while dead, and I'm far and away the most likely Witch, I'm convinced that I'm gonna die before I can res ZU if he gets lynched. But the Weaken, it would process before the kill, and even if I died in the night, I might have hit my wincon by stripping ZU of a 1-shot. I felt it was my best shot, anyway, and I needed ZU to still be on his feet at the end of the day. But the only other person I could really go after was NQT, so...like I said, sorta wrote myself into a corner on that one.

AFK for a while, but open to any questions or more crazy shit.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: October 11, 2013, 07:24:14 pm »

PFP (I have school stuff to do tonight still...)

I want to make a large general night analysis with the input we've gotten from ZU and Hapah now, but I don't think I'll have time until tomorrow.

In the meantime I can make a summary and ask a question:

ToonyMan - VT
Shakerag - VT
Birdy - most likely VT

NQT - probably town or maybe third-party Inquisitor

ZU - Death Shaman

Hapah - Witch Mother

@Hapah:
Did all that stuff Toaster said during Day 3 true?  I mean the whole "if we can get it down to five people something something cast magic everybody wins" true?  Because it felt really phony.  Like he was making it up as he went along.

On another note why did you think it was a good idea to contact somebody N1 who could possibly be town that wants to kill you all?
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 84