Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 201000 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D4: 7/13]
« Reply #1005 on: September 24, 2013, 09:43:09 am »

Leng
Just reviewed day one, and my opinion that Irony is the final witch has solidified further. Irony in retrospect was quite clearly out for Tiruin's blood, as was Toaster. Since I think the Witches were honest about their wincon being to have the DS alive and unable to die, and the LS dead and unable to rez - such an attitude clearly forwards their wincon.
About that. Looks to me that Irony wasn't voting Tir at day end, but you were. Additionally, it doesn't look to me that Irony was pressing hard on Tir D1: he was advocating the opposite. And if all you took away from IO's 4 (yes, there are only 4, give 'em a quick skim folks) posts was the one little bit, well, I'd say you're seeing what you want to see. Perhaps more specifically, you find what you want us to see. I can't find any way you can call that "out for Tir's blood" with a straight face.
Let Irony answer the accusation before you do, please.
And then, well, there's your content for today. Let's have a look:
 -Irony is a witch for thinking big-picture.
the hell is this? explain to me how what I was saying relates to thinking big-picture.
-Witches have a kill.
had, actually. I think it was a 1-shot, and that it's gone now. doesn't matter though, since the DS is going to kill every night, we still have reason to try to end this as fast as possible.
-Press on IO with questionable reasons. It's worth noting that when these claims are somewhat addressed by me, you don't follow through. Could very well be that you just haven't had the time, though.
you were being lazy, and I didn't want to waste my time. but hey, if you're really that upset about it, lets go ahead:
1) needed more time? don't be a fool. notice how Irony was clearly posting and active and contribu, oh wait, NOPE! Irony was being prodded for being idle, and didn't ask any questions of note (yes there were questions, no they weren't noteworthy).
2)
LNCP— Common knowledge check: does the Count have a son at this point in history as indeed the real Viscount did?

No, I changed that; the Viscount has no heirs as of now. I didn't expect you to find that difference, so congratulations - here's your medal.
3) - nothing to be said-
-Witches have a kill and pressure on IO.
waiting for your point...
still waiting...
-Irony is definitely a Witch for real guys.
oh, the post that you decided to answer before Irony could. still waiting for a point to this...
It smells off to me, Leng. You want to make the Witches seem dangerous and you're demonizing IO: it doesn't look like you've given anyone else so much as a sideways glance. Why is that?
Our wincon is to eliminate all witches. all we have to do is find the final witch to win, right here, right now.
I don't care about any third parties for the simple reason of they don't matter anymore. find the witch. lynch it. game over we win.

I think I've found the witch, my job at this point is simply to convince people to join in the lynch of it. other people don't matter unless I find reason to think they're more likely to be the witch than Irony.

I consider your analysis of the DS a total waste of time, and irrelevant to what we need to be doing. I'm operating on the assumption the DS is ZU, by virtue of the lack of roleflip and lack of cause of death, and we can't do anything to dead players.

Lenglon:
Just reviewed day one, and my opinion that Irony is the final witch has solidified further. Irony in retrospect was quite clearly out for Tiruin's blood, as was Toaster. Since I think the Witches were honest about their wincon being to have the DS alive and unable to die, and the LS dead and unable to rez - such an attitude clearly forwards their wincon.
Why is this a vague public service announcement and not a case directed at me using quotes?

Also I don't know about Deathsword, but for me specifically the out for Tiruin's blood part is clearly bullshit.
fair enough, consider it dropped.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 24, 2013, 12:00:04 pm »

Kind of busy my first exams are this week.

@IronyOwl:
Toony:
@IronyOwl:
-Toaster asks who you think killed Tiruin and ZU.
-You say "if anybody" killed Tiruin it was probably the witches. You're less sure about ZU, but suspect maybe they suicided.
-I ask you why somebody else killing Tiruin isn't valid, even though ZU killing himself might be.
-You say witches don't have a kill, but they do have a motive so they're the most likely anyway. You reiterate that the DS might have done something, but couldn't have killed both himself and Tiruin, hence it must have been witches again. You say you don't know of any other parties that would do that.
So, to recap:
-Somebody killed Tiruin
-Witches probably don't have a kill
-Witches probably killed Tiruin
-Third parties couldn't have killed Tiruin or ZU
-ZU might have killed himself, but not Tiruin
This seem right so far?
Alright, following the logic train I create would turn into a wreck so let's correct this:
-Somebody killed Tiruin
-Witches probably killed Tiruin but not necessarily
-Third parties could have killed Tiruin or ZU
-ZU might have killed himself, but not Tiruin
-Tiruin has no reason to kill themselves
If the witches didn't kill Tiruin, somebody else did.  If somebody else didn't kill Tiruin, the witches did.
Then why'd you say that instead of this?
You know as well as I do.  (I'm only human!)

And I was completely right about Toaster (in an inverse way, but still completely right).  I also made my own opinions before Dariush said anything, read the log I posted.  Who do I still think is a witch?  There is only one left and it has to be either you (or Lenglon if it somehow isn't you).  And no, unfortunately I don't have concrete proof who the last witch is, but that would make it too easy anyway.
Do you have any proof? Near as I can tell your case on me is "Fuck you." I don't recall your case on Lenglon at all.
A summary of my case is at the bottom here.
If it somehow isn't you then it must be Lenglon (or Shakerag now that I think about it), but it's not a possibility I can see ever unless you're dead and flip not-witch mother.
Against Toaster, yeah. What does your case against Toaster have to do with me?
I got Toaster in association with Dariush.  I can do the same with you.

And I thought you had good reason to believe Lenglon was town? What makes her more suspect than birdy, who you have similar assurances about, or Hapah, who you don't even have that much on?
If you somehow aren't the witch then yeah, it's probably Lenglon.  But this isn't lylo.

Yes, that's a plausible explanation. But given how much importance LNCP places on flavor, doesn't it seem more likely that it wouldn't be a red herring, and that those are genuine clues about your true nature?
Which is why I said voting me over it is perfectly fine.  I have no counter-argument.  I'm not going to lie.
That's twice now you're talking about what other people think rather than why other people should think that.
Okay?  You're a dumb witch that can't figure a good reason to vote me but has been trying to for the last two days (and funny enough after I gave my spiel and voted Toaster yesterday, HMMMMMM).
These two seem rather at odds with each other, in addition to being an angry dodge in the latter case.
Okay.  How is letting you vote me over a stupid reason (which I can't stop you from doing) the same as locating exactly where you get so hostile on my ass?
So... my reason is stupid but valid, and you're calling me a witch over it because you don't have to stand for that?
I don't know how you got that but sure.

Did you just admit to OMGUSing me?
No.

IronyOwl, besides being my obvious choice carrying over from yesterday, Leafsnail gets murdered by a plant thing and flips town (I think that's town?) so my doubts I had with agreeing with him are pretty much cleared.
I think so, and what is this, appeal to authority from a confirmed townie who listed a brief, unexplained "yeah that might make sense?"
Nope.  I was suspicious of Toaster and voted him before Leafsnail even had an inkling of a clue.  In fact, his vote on me was what gave me the excuse to say what I had planning.  Don't get mad that your partner died and Dariush made a dumb move.
Eh? What does voting Toaster have to do with agreeing with Leafsnail while voting me?
It means that while I agree with Leafsnail, I got first dibs and he came as like, a shock wave from my explosion.  Capisce?
I get that you're claiming hipster rights on voting Toaster. I don't get what that has to do with the original quote up there.
You mean appealing to authority on Mr. Dead Leafsnail?  If you won't see that I can make my own reasoning before Leafsnail (which I've already proved) then you'll just have to take my word for it.

-The gruesome killings did not begin until after ZU's death. This, while not bulletproof, is fairly compelling evidence that ZU is our Death Shaman.
They also didn't happen immediately after ZU's death, though. You could almost as convincingly argue Toaster's death triggered them somehow.
Do you not think ZU is the Death Shaman at this point?  Who would they be?
Well, there's you. Shakerag is an option if the out-of-town thing holds, which I'm still dubious on (and ZU might hold fine as well). Gut says he's the last witch, though. Might explain Lenglon's Let's Do What Toaster Says And Kill Me plan, though I don't especially think so. Basically anyone, though you and ZU are the only real good options.
As for whether I think ZU is the Death Shaman... that's tricky. Everyone assumed it was him because he didn't flip, but not flipping isn't necessarily a DS thing. That explanation made more sense when we hadn't seen any other flips, because then it could be that non-town flips were obtuse. Turns out they aren't; every other town, scum, and third-party flip so far has supplied its name.
So his lack of flip is uniquely due to his role. That might make sense for the DS, to protect him from being outed and rezzed when he did exactly what he needed to do. But it's definitely not a guarantee just because he's not acting like a standard town flip.
Other than that, and more recently, we've got the kills. I like the notion of the DS only being able to kill while dead, and supposedly the timing fits, but again, it's an assumption.
So I guess the short answer is that it seems likely, but I start to get nervous when people talk about it being 100% confirmed.
Sounds good.

@Lenglon:
Your latest post is pretty hostile.  Why do you think witches only have a one-shot kill?  Why do you think the DS is going to kill every night?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 24, 2013, 12:33:15 pm »

@Lenglon:
Your latest post is pretty hostile.  Why do you think witches only have a one-shot kill?  Why do you think the DS is going to kill every night?
@hostile: I'm burned out, and just plain tired of the game. I plan on finishing this and lonely prince, then staying away from the mafia board for a while.

@1-shot: Dariush's gripeing about underpowered witches + logical pairing with the 1-shot rez the witches claimed to have.

@DS kills: because I think the witches only have a 1-shot kill, and yet we've had a lot of night deaths. I don't think the dark child caused all of them, especially with the way people died last night.

revision to my opinion of dark child: my first thought was arsonist, but now that i'm looking at it harder, it proabaly caused several of our nightkills.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 24, 2013, 05:03:50 pm »

IronyOwl:
Shakerag:
IronyOwl:  I'm not going to quote your whole thing about ToonyMan, but I would like to note that according to my flavor, I was heading to this town to appeal to the viscountess for some kind of financial mercy, and that there was news that she was soon to marry.  Apparently, the viscountess was out of town for about a year and then came home with her new husband.  Worth noting and adding to the ongoing flavor investigation.
That's interesting. How long ago was it you were heading here? Toony's supposed to have been married for three years or so, wasn't it?

Unrelated: Do you think we should have chain No-Lynched like you suggested after Tiruin's claim?
Oh, damn, I didn't take something into consideration.  I had been in town for a year before the viscountess came back and I got a job at the castle, but my flavor says its been "a few years" since I've been working there.  So ToonyMan could have been married for three-ish years.  Which would put him closer to 30, age-wise. 

So that would mean I've been in town for about 4-ish years then. 

As for continuing to no-lynch, I think that there is a possibility that that would have been the way to go.  But no one else really wanted to explore that course of action.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 24, 2013, 06:09:49 pm »

I am going to make this a quicker sort of post. I have read the replies but, I want to dwell on them for a bit.

Overall, I've yet to be sold on the whole, "we need to worry about the Death Shaman" aspect. However, another thought spawned in my brain today...

A lot of focus has been placed on finding this "Death Shaman", without even so much as the slightest consideration to the "Life Shaman" Tiruin. If those two are parallel opposites, wouldn't the key to stopping the Life Shaman possibly hinge on the powers of the Life Shaman? For starters, Zombie Urist has been longer than a Day now. If the witch's wanted to bring him back, they should have been able to if they were telling the truth. Otherwise, something must have stopped them.

If the witches can't revive Zombie Urist, perhaps Tiruin can be revived, and will she would have the ability to raise him up. We never did fully pound down what the Life Shaman is capable of.

Regardless, a second point. I have reason to believe that my Brother was not a serial killer. I mentioned long off that my parents were buried in a graveyard near the convent. This in itself is not remarkable. Then I realized, that Tiruin mentioned losing an eye overnight.

Here is where things get sneaky. The assumption is made that the Death Shaman killed Leafsnail. Rotting plants seem to be his MO. Not taking body parts. Likewise, it's never been assumed that Witch's feel the urge to take body parts. I theorize that for whatever reason, Solifuge/Okami  may have been the one to take Tiruin's eye.  Why I do not know…
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 24, 2013, 06:53:34 pm »

Lenglon:
Lenglon:
Why is this a vague public service announcement and not a case directed at me using quotes?

Also I don't know about Deathsword, but for me specifically the out for Tiruin's blood part is clearly bullshit.
fair enough, consider it dropped.

This doesn't answer the question, and now I've got a more formal second one:

Why did you make that claim?

ToonyMan:
"I dun goofed" would explain a lot of your actions, actually.

How hard do you think you're goofing right now?

And I was completely right about Toaster (in an inverse way, but still completely right).  I also made my own opinions before Dariush said anything, read the log I posted.  Who do I still think is a witch?  There is only one left and it has to be either you (or Lenglon if it somehow isn't you).  And no, unfortunately I don't have concrete proof who the last witch is, but that would make it too easy anyway.
Do you have any proof? Near as I can tell your case on me is "Fuck you." I don't recall your case on Lenglon at all.
If it somehow isn't you then it must be Lenglon (or Shakerag now that I think about it), but it's not a possibility I can see ever unless you're dead and flip not-witch mother.
Then why aren't you?

And I thought you had good reason to believe Lenglon was town? What makes her more suspect than birdy, who you have similar assurances about, or Hapah, who you don't even have that much on?
If you somehow aren't the witch then yeah, it's probably Lenglon.  But this isn't lylo.
Why?

Yes, that's a plausible explanation. But given how much importance LNCP places on flavor, doesn't it seem more likely that it wouldn't be a red herring, and that those are genuine clues about your true nature?
Which is why I said voting me over it is perfectly fine.  I have no counter-argument.  I'm not going to lie.
That's twice now you're talking about what other people think rather than why other people should think that.
Okay?  You're a dumb witch that can't figure a good reason to vote me but has been trying to for the last two days (and funny enough after I gave my spiel and voted Toaster yesterday, HMMMMMM).
These two seem rather at odds with each other, in addition to being an angry dodge in the latter case.
Okay.  How is letting you vote me over a stupid reason (which I can't stop you from doing) the same as locating exactly where you get so hostile on my ass?
So... my reason is stupid but valid, and you're calling me a witch over it because you don't have to stand for that?
Then what did you mean?

Or just, you know, admit to OMGUSing. That works too.

No.
Yeah you did. You said so right above there.

IronyOwl, besides being my obvious choice carrying over from yesterday, Leafsnail gets murdered by a plant thing and flips town (I think that's town?) so my doubts I had with agreeing with him are pretty much cleared.
I think so, and what is this, appeal to authority from a confirmed townie who listed a brief, unexplained "yeah that might make sense?"
Nope.  I was suspicious of Toaster and voted him before Leafsnail even had an inkling of a clue.  In fact, his vote on me was what gave me the excuse to say what I had planning.  Don't get mad that your partner died and Dariush made a dumb move.
Eh? What does voting Toaster have to do with agreeing with Leafsnail while voting me?
It means that while I agree with Leafsnail, I got first dibs and he came as like, a shock wave from my explosion.  Capisce?
I get that you're claiming hipster rights on voting Toaster. I don't get what that has to do with the original quote up there.
You mean appealing to authority on Mr. Dead Leafsnail?  If you won't see that I can make my own reasoning before Leafsnail (which I've already proved) then you'll just have to take my word for it.
So, another irrelevant dodge.

-The gruesome killings did not begin until after ZU's death. This, while not bulletproof, is fairly compelling evidence that ZU is our Death Shaman.
They also didn't happen immediately after ZU's death, though. You could almost as convincingly argue Toaster's death triggered them somehow.
Well, there's you. Shakerag is an option if the out-of-town thing holds, which I'm still dubious on (and ZU might hold fine as well). Gut says he's the last witch, though. Might explain Lenglon's Let's Do What Toaster Says And Kill Me plan, though I don't especially think so. Basically anyone, though you and ZU are the only real good options.
As for whether I think ZU is the Death Shaman... that's tricky. Everyone assumed it was him because he didn't flip, but not flipping isn't necessarily a DS thing. That explanation made more sense when we hadn't seen any other flips, because then it could be that non-town flips were obtuse. Turns out they aren't; every other town, scum, and third-party flip so far has supplied its name.
So his lack of flip is uniquely due to his role. That might make sense for the DS, to protect him from being outed and rezzed when he did exactly what he needed to do. But it's definitely not a guarantee just because he's not acting like a standard town flip.
Other than that, and more recently, we've got the kills. I like the notion of the DS only being able to kill while dead, and supposedly the timing fits, but again, it's an assumption.
So I guess the short answer is that it seems likely, but I start to get nervous when people talk about it being 100% confirmed.
Sounds good.
Cool. Now what?

Shakerag:
IronyOwl:
Shakerag:
IronyOwl:  I'm not going to quote your whole thing about ToonyMan, but I would like to note that according to my flavor, I was heading to this town to appeal to the viscountess for some kind of financial mercy, and that there was news that she was soon to marry.  Apparently, the viscountess was out of town for about a year and then came home with her new husband.  Worth noting and adding to the ongoing flavor investigation.
That's interesting. How long ago was it you were heading here? Toony's supposed to have been married for three years or so, wasn't it?

Unrelated: Do you think we should have chain No-Lynched like you suggested after Tiruin's claim?
Oh, damn, I didn't take something into consideration.  I had been in town for a year before the viscountess came back and I got a job at the castle, but my flavor says its been "a few years" since I've been working there.  So ToonyMan could have been married for three-ish years.  Which would put him closer to 30, age-wise. 

So that would mean I've been in town for about 4-ish years then. 

As for continuing to no-lynch, I think that there is a possibility that that would have been the way to go.  But no one else really wanted to explore that course of action.
Interesting. What were you doing in town for that year?

On a more practical note, why have you done nothing whatsoever all game? What are your current reads?

birdy:
I am going to make this a quicker sort of post. I have read the replies but, I want to dwell on them for a bit.

Overall, I've yet to be sold on the whole, "we need to worry about the Death Shaman" aspect. However, another thought spawned in my brain today...

A lot of focus has been placed on finding this "Death Shaman", without even so much as the slightest consideration to the "Life Shaman" Tiruin. If those two are parallel opposites, wouldn't the key to stopping the Life Shaman possibly hinge on the powers of the Life Shaman? For starters, Zombie Urist has been longer than a Day now. If the witch's wanted to bring him back, they should have been able to if they were telling the truth. Otherwise, something must have stopped them.

If the witches can't revive Zombie Urist, perhaps Tiruin can be revived, and will she would have the ability to raise him up. We never did fully pound down what the Life Shaman is capable of.

Regardless, a second point. I have reason to believe that my Brother was not a serial killer. I mentioned long off that my parents were buried in a graveyard near the convent. This in itself is not remarkable. Then I realized, that Tiruin mentioned losing an eye overnight.

Here is where things get sneaky. The assumption is made that the Death Shaman killed Leafsnail. Rotting plants seem to be his MO. Not taking body parts. Likewise, it's never been assumed that Witch's feel the urge to take body parts. I theorize that for whatever reason, Solifuge/Okami  may have been the one to take Tiruin's eye.  Why I do not know…
Hrm. Are we sure Tiruin's lack of eye wasn't a result of her rez? I guess she'd be expected to know about it then, though she could have been lying about not knowing.

It feels like you're not telling us everything with this. Surely your parents being buried nearby doesn't have enough to do with Tiruin unexpectedly losing an eye to conclude that the Dark Child didn't have a kill?

While I'm at it, what do you think of my current exchange with Toony?

Hapah: Current reads? Do you think the DS is ZU or someone alive?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: September 24, 2013, 08:26:05 pm »

IronyOwl:

birdy:

Hrm. Are we sure Tiruin's lack of eye wasn't a result of her rez? I guess she'd be expected to know about it then, though she could have been lying about not knowing.

It feels like you're not telling us everything with this. Surely your parents being buried nearby doesn't have enough to do with Tiruin unexpectedly losing an eye to conclude that the Dark Child didn't have a kill?

No, this is just another theory. To be perfectly honest, the only things I know about Colin is that I left him at the Monastery and that his title is the Dark Child. All else on my end is sheer theory crafting in regards to him. Take my opinions with a grain of salt and refute and rebuttal them if you wish. I'm essentially just thinking aloud at this point.

Now, I think the fact that the graveyard is near the Monastery is somehow significant regarding my brother's past. It's not simply that our parents were buried there, but the fact that a place of death was in walking distance of the place where he was raised.

As regards to you and Toonyman, I am mostly indifferent. I don't find much reason to suspect Toonyman of ill intent, nor do I suspect him as the last witch. Even if he were third party, I highly doubt it would be a game changer. At best, I am a skeptical of your tactics.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 24, 2013, 11:40:50 pm »

Post tomorrow, I'm beat.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: September 25, 2013, 09:00:18 am »

ToonyMan:
None at all.

Then why aren't you?
I am voting you.

Why?
Because if you aren't the last witch then possible deductions would be child bearers Lenglon and Shakerag.  And I was only guessing that it isn't lylo, but it most likely isn't.  Lenglon was also protecting Toaster or something, but I find it less of a tell than Leafsnail because they acted the same with NQT's/Ottofar's/Everybody's lynch way back when.

Then what did you mean?
No no, you vote me over a dumb reason (and nobody else is convinced), but also I can pin-point when you started "attacking" me.  That would be D3 when I started voting Toaster.  Toaster was a witch.

I don't see this as a coincidence.

No.
Cut the bullshit.

Sounds good.
Cool. Now what?
We lynch you.  You flip witch, either the game ends (or at least the town wins) or the game doesn't end and we solve the last puzzle.

You don't flip witch, we find the last witch.  I have supicions it must be either Lenglon or Shakerag, which are both valid choices but we'll need more detail.  I don't have time to interrogate them today (another school exam in less than an hour).

Ahaha

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 25, 2013, 09:03:38 am »

Well if the Dark Child is dead it's hard to see that being relevant anymore.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 25, 2013, 06:18:14 pm »

Spoiler: OOC @ Leng (click to show/hide)
----------------------
Some stuff left out to avoid a quote-a-mid.

Leng
Let Irony answer the accusation before you do, please.
It didn't really seem like an accusation, and it looks to be factually false. Can you point out where IO was "out for Tiruin's blood" ?

the hell is this? explain to me how what I was saying relates to thinking big-picture.
(1.)You said IO was cooperating with the Witches before they made their plan public.
(2.)I asked you to clarify where that was.
(3.)You pointed to this post. The relevant bit is near the end. It seems to me that IO was just exploring the shape of the game (and the funny bit is, he ends saying that we should just keep lynching Witches as there's no way to test/confirm his hypothesis).

had, actually. I think it was a 1-shot, and that it's gone now. doesn't matter though, since the DS is going to kill every night, we still have reason to try to end this as fast as possible.
Do you think the Inquisitors would just pack up and go home while magical death-corn is murdering people? They'd keep trying to "solve" the problem via shankings, and I doubt that'll end well.

1) needed more time? don't be a fool. notice how Irony was clearly posting and active and contribu, oh wait, NOPE! Irony was being prodded for being idle, and didn't ask any questions of note (yes there were questions, no they weren't noteworthy).
...so asking for an Extend when you obviously don't have time is scummy? That's what Extends are there for.

2)
LNCP— Common knowledge check: does the Count have a son at this point in history as indeed the real Viscount did?
No, I changed that; the Viscount has no heirs as of now. I didn't expect you to find that difference, so congratulations - here's your medal.
"Was intentionally changed and I didn't expect you to find it" is not the same as "not an issue" or "not important".

Our wincon is to eliminate all witches. all we have to do is find the final witch to win, right here, right now.
I don't care about any third parties for the simple reason of they don't matter anymore. find the witch. lynch it. game over we win.

I think I've found the witch, my job at this point is simply to convince people to join in the lynch of it. other people don't matter unless I find reason to think they're more likely to be the witch than Irony.

I consider your analysis of the DS a total waste of time, and irrelevant to what we need to be doing. I'm operating on the assumption the DS is ZU, by virtue of the lack of roleflip and lack of cause of death, and we can't do anything to dead players.
I respectfully disagree. I think the Shamans (at the very least the Death Shaman) have to be dealt with before the Inquisitors will go away, which means we need to do what we can to ID it. Yeah, it's probably ZU, but I'm going to do everything I can to make damn sure we've got it right.

Hapah: Current reads? Do you think the DS is ZU or someone alive?
I'm fairly confident it's ZU, but no sense in getting lazy. Need to revisit the data and see if I can come to any new conclusions/overlooked something, but time's been a precious commodity this week. Leng's acting a little sketchy and I'd like to see more from Shake and birdy.

Also, if you are the Witch, this is probably where you should spill the beans.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 25, 2013, 06:52:54 pm »

NQT VOTE ANALYSIS POST
"Voila!

Well, I just looked over every single one of Dariush and Toaster's posts. Some interesting facts emerge:

- Toaster repeatedly pressured people for voting Ottofar (ZU, Leafsnail and Lenglon) and declared him (useless) town.
- Dariush never interacted with the Griffinpup/Hapah slot, Toaster prodded it many times.
- Neither of them ever addressed the Okami/Solifuge slot.
- Toaster completely ignored the Deathsword/Irony Owl slot, while Dariush directed some weak defensive posts after IO put in a bandwagon vote.
- They both only ever lightly questioned and prodded the Vector/Shakerag slot.
- They were congenial and explanatory with one another.
---
- They were both very critical of NQT, Tiruin, Lenglon.
- Dariush was very aggressive with Toony, Toaster was defensive but conciliatory.

More broadly, we know that the Witches have an incentive to kill Tiruin and me (as life shaman and inspector, respectively), we also know that they most likely have to achieve this using a lynch. They're also likely to avoid the exact patterns of voting to prevent being too closely linked.

Deathsword and Ottofar both tried to have me hung when the early Toaster/Dariush wagon was in full flow, but neither of them voted Tiruin.

Vector and griffinpup both had votes on Tiruin at various points (the former especially), but neither ever voted me.

Having a wide-spread of targets is a pro-town sign (as you genuinely suspect everyone), and NQT, Leafsnail, Toonyman and Vector all have 5+ attack targets (Leafsnail had 10, I've voted or FOS'd everyone, Toony and Vector have 5). Deathsword and IronyOwl have 4. Birdy, Solifuge, Hapah, Tiruin, Dariush and Toaster all had 3 or less targets. Birdy/Ottofar, strikingly, has only voted for me once and no one else.

Hmm... Let's see see end-of-day analysis:

Spoiler: Day 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Day 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Day 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Day 4 (click to show/hide)

That's all inconclusive. So let's look at the vote count for two game-changing events: Before my roleclaim (scum knew my alignment before this because Toaster knew) and before Toaster's reveal.

Spoiler: Before NQT's claim (click to show/hide)

Based on all of the above.

griffinpup/Hapah is possibly a 3rd party or possibly just a serial lurker slot.

Ottofar/Birdy is probably a malicious 3rd party or possibly just grossly incompetent.

Irony Owl is almost certainly scum.

In case I die in the night and IO isn't the third witch, then I support a Birdy lynch and then a Hapah lynch, in that order unless strong new information comes to light.

Lenglon and Toony are almost certainly town. Shakerag is moderately suspicious and is my second Death Shaman pick after ZU.

All, especially Toony and Lenglon: Look, there's a lot of info here. Most of it is hard data and you might be able to draw other conclusions. I want to know what you think.

Hapah and Birdy do you have any justification for not using your damn vote at the end of the day? And don't give me that 'I don't like to throw it around' crap. If you haven't used it by days end then you are acting pro-scum.

Irony Owl, any reason why you never interacted with Toaster? Pretty sure you were both active at the same time. Also, if Deathsword had a legitimate case against me I'd damn well like to hear it. Convince me that he didn't replace out because he knew he was too weaksauce to justify himself.

Shakerag, why IronyOwl now rather than a no-vote like you previously advocated?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 25, 2013, 10:50:52 pm »

Extend. Twilight is useless.

birdy:
As regards to you and Toonyman, I am mostly indifferent. I don't find much reason to suspect Toonyman of ill intent, nor do I suspect him as the last witch. Even if he were third party, I highly doubt it would be a game changer. At best, I am a skeptical of your tactics.
How about his tactics, then?

Toony:
ToonyMan:
None at all.
That's worrisome.

Then why aren't you?
I am voting you.
Voting me isn't the same as connecting me with Dariush. You've got absolutely no case on me except an OMGUS.

Why?
Because if you aren't the last witch then possible deductions would be child bearers Lenglon and Shakerag.  And I was only guessing that it isn't lylo, but it most likely isn't.  Lenglon was also protecting Toaster or something, but I find it less of a tell than Leafsnail because they acted the same with NQT's/Ottofar's/Everybody's lynch way back when.
Child bearers? I'm a maiden, bro.

Wait. I just realized that could be why you don't have kids- to fit into the maiden category for some reason, or maybe not cleanly fit into any of them. Hrm.

No no, you vote me over a dumb reason (and nobody else is convinced), but also I can pin-point when you started "attacking" me.  That would be D3 when I started voting Toaster.  Toaster was a witch.

I don't see this as a coincidence.
Alright then, let me take a look at that.

That's stupid. You first voted Toaster- actually, you were voting Toaster since D2. You revoted him your first post of D3- after, I am amused to add, Lenglon did. Not so hipster after all, it seems.

I didn't vote you until several posts and a lot of discussion later, when you dodged my question. Admittedly not nearly as much of it as I'd thought, but some of it nonetheless.

No.
Cut the bullshit.
You first. You've got nothing to say to a charge of OMGUS but "yeah sure."

We lynch you.  You flip witch, either the game ends (or at least the town wins) or the game doesn't end and we solve the last puzzle.

You don't flip witch, we find the last witch.  I have supicions it must be either Lenglon or Shakerag, which are both valid choices but we'll need more detail.  I don't have time to interrogate them today (another school exam in less than an hour).
Sun day or mafia day?

You should probably extend if it's the latter.

Ahaha
Something funny? What do you think of NQT's and Lenglon's cases on me, by the way? They're on the right target, but is it for the right reasons?

Hapah:
Also, if you are the Witch, this is probably where you should spill the beans.
I'm not.

NQT:
All, especially Toony and Lenglon: Look, there's a lot of info here. Most of it is hard data and you might be able to draw other conclusions. I want to know what you think.
I can do a more thorough analysis if you'd like, but the short answer is that it's some interesting insights (if true) at the beginning followed by a lot of confirmation bias.

In brief:

Well, I just looked over every single one of Dariush and Toaster's posts. Some interesting facts emerge:

- Toaster repeatedly pressured people for voting Ottofar (ZU, Leafsnail and Lenglon) and declared him (useless) town.
- Dariush never interacted with the Griffinpup/Hapah slot, Toaster prodded it many times.
- Neither of them ever addressed the Okami/Solifuge slot.
- Toaster completely ignored the Deathsword/Irony Owl slot, while Dariush directed some weak defensive posts after IO put in a bandwagon vote.
- They both only ever lightly questioned and prodded the Vector/Shakerag slot.
- They were congenial and explanatory with one another.
---
- They were both very critical of NQT, Tiruin, Lenglon.
- Dariush was very aggressive with Toony, Toaster was defensive but conciliatory.
Specific scum actions here are interesting if true, like Toaster pressuring people over Ottofar or Dariush's and Toaster's aggression towards yourself. The problem is that I'm not too sure of your analysis; for instance, you say Toaster was critical of Lenglon, but was he justified in being so? Unless you've got something to suggest that they were acting strangely in doing something, it's just WIFOM to speculate as to why they did it.

Speaking of which, your "lack of" observations are basically entirely in that category. "Toaster and Dariush were congenial and explanatory with each other" is interesting to note, if true. "Toaster hardly ever poked Solifuge" is not unless, again, there's something explicitly strange about it. In the same way that Toaster and Dariush buddying up is only interesting if they weren't buddy-buddy with anyone else, Toaster never hunting specific people really isn't a good clue.

More broadly, we know that the Witches have an incentive to kill Tiruin and me (as life shaman and inspector, respectively), we also know that they most likely have to achieve this using a lynch. They're also likely to avoid the exact patterns of voting to prevent being too closely linked.

Deathsword and Ottofar both tried to have me hung when the early Toaster/Dariush wagon was in full flow, but neither of them voted Tiruin.

Vector and griffinpup both had votes on Tiruin at various points (the former especially), but neither ever voted me.

Having a wide-spread of targets is a pro-town sign (as you genuinely suspect everyone), and NQT, Leafsnail, Toonyman and Vector all have 5+ attack targets (Leafsnail had 10, I've voted or FOS'd everyone, Toony and Vector have 5). Deathsword and IronyOwl have 4. Birdy, Solifuge, Hapah, Tiruin, Dariush and Toaster all had 3 or less targets. Birdy/Ottofar, strikingly, has only voted for me once and no one else.
Then you go purely WIFOM and useless. For instance, you insist that scum is likely to want you and Tiruin dead (and apparently know about both of you) to justify saying that people voting either might be scum. But then you say that they're likely to spread out to avoid being too obvious to justify them not voting you but still being scum. Essentially, you've said that people are scum when they vote you and still scum when they're not voting you.

That's not something you can draw actual conclusions from. It's something you can use to convince yourself of what you already think is true.

Hmm... Let's see see end-of-day analysis:

Day 1
Ignoring Tiruin, votes are split into five groups, with the two confirmed scum on different lynches and griffinpup absent. We know now that the three lynch-candidates are not-mafia. Wouldn't be surprised if third scum is either Ironyowl, griffinpup or Toonyman, hedging their bets three ways.

Day 2
Six groups this time. Dariush is the clear vote lead, with two confirmed town voting for him, ZU who never flipped, Lenglon who the two confirmed scum have consistently sparred with and IronyOwl who could be cheaply bussing. Toaster has a weak prod vote on griffinpup, and Dariush and griffinpup are going after the lynch-3rd party votes. Toony and Tiruin have a vote against now confirmed scum Toaster. Presumably Okami want me dead before I can investigate him more and birdy and Vector are probably absent for out of game reasons, but perhaps not.

Day 3
An interesting one, four groups: Toaster claims scum and confirmed townies NQT and Leafsnail are on the lynch, lead by Toony (who comes out of this looking good). Almost everyone else piles on, including (perhaps reluctantly?) the suspicious birdy and the malevolent 3rd party Solifuge. Toaster and Hapah (griffinpups replacement) abstain, IronyOwl goes after the ringleader Toony while Lenglon tackles the now confirmed townie Leafsnail.

Day 4
So, Birdy is hedging his bets, Hapah is on Lenglon whilst Owl is on Toony.
Again useless. You mention that it's inconclusive, so I'll skip the majority of it, but notice how, again, you're picking the explanation that confirms what you already know.

Day 1, confirmed scum are voting you and Tiruin, so you say the third scum is probably elsewhere... even though you claim they explicitly wanted both of you dead.

Day 2, you assume Okami's trying to kill you to keep you quiet, but you've got no explanation for why you'd think that beyond that he's voting you. Voting Dariush is also a towntell for some people and inconclusive for others.

Day 3, you don't have any broader conclusions, but voting Toaster is once again a towntell for some and a nulltell for others.

Day 4, no conclusions, except that birdy's lack of vote is "hedging his bets."

That's all inconclusive. So let's look at the vote count for two game-changing events: Before my roleclaim (scum knew my alignment before this because Toaster knew) and before Toaster's reveal.

Before NQT's claim
So this was a near-lynch scenario, hence why I claimed. Lenglon and ZU carry the switch in the light of Tiruin claiming town. ZU is big on the Tiruin lynch which makes me think he's the DeathShaman.

Before Toaster's reveal
Unsurprisingly, Toaster reveals when he's the lynch candidate. There's a bunch of people not doing anything (including a malicious 3rd party). Toony and town-player Leaf are on Toaster's case and Lenglon has just switched to it. I'd recently switched off it to pressure Shakerag, but my suspicions were still there. Toaster is continuing his weak Hapah(griffinpup) line. The latter had been lurking the entire game so might have made a decent scapegoat vote. Irony is on Toony (who led the Toaster lynch). This doesn't bode well for IO.
Still useless. Notice Lenglon's reasoning for voting Tiruin at the end there: She was completely opposed to it until it came down to, in her words, "a choice of you or two townies."

This is why quotes are necessary for establishing real intent. A before and after isn't going to cut it.

Based on all of the above.

griffinpup/Hapah is possibly a 3rd party or possibly just a serial lurker slot.

Ottofar/Birdy is probably a malicious 3rd party or possibly just grossly incompetent.

Irony Owl is almost certainly scum.

In case I die in the night and IO isn't the third witch, then I support a Birdy lynch and then a Hapah lynch, in that order unless strong new information comes to light.

Lenglon and Toony are almost certainly town. Shakerag is moderately suspicious and is my second Death Shaman pick after ZU.
Based on all of what? You keep saying everything is inconclusive, then pull out a quick before n after to suddenly reach some conclusions?

And look at what your conclusions are. The two people going at it with now-confirmed scum are town, everyone else is scum. Shakerag's oddly in the middle there, likely because he's never done anything at all, and has thus given you neither an excuse to call him scum nor a lynch-related reason to call him town (or at least notwitch).

This is what confirmation bias does. It convinces you that what you knew was correct, and since you don't know anyone's town unless they've lynched scum, what this is telling you is that those two people are town and everyone else is some manner of scum.

In other words, it's not telling you anything.

Irony Owl, any reason why you never interacted with Toaster? Pretty sure you were both active at the same time. Also, if Deathsword had a legitimate case against me I'd damn well like to hear it. Convince me that he didn't replace out because he knew he was too weaksauce to justify himself.
I did interact a little with Toaster, just not as much as I'd have liked. Never really got around to it.

Ugh, I already mentioned this the first time you asked about it. Now I can't find it, though. In any case:

Everyone
[Think about this carefully. If I'm scum, where's my scum team to make an alternative case? Look at the votes-- they're evenly spread except for on me. I'm willing to bet that this pattern has never been seen on a day 1 scum lynch before. All it takes for evil to prevail is you all doing nothing.
This is some massive bullshit. Just because it never happened before it does not mean it'll never happen. In BM XL I fakeclaimed and borno counterclaimed. Had it ever happened before in a BM? Probably not. Did it still happen? Yes, it did. And don't think I haven't noticed your appeal to emotion at the end.

You then list off some of the accusations and counter them. I don't feel that is particularly scummy. This, however, is:
Town, it's your job to critically examine the votes against the Day 1 lynch lead. Do it.
You talk to the town as if you are not part of it. Strange, is it not? You slipped good there.
NQT, thou art caught.

On a personal note unrelated to the case: NQT, you can RP to your heart's content as long as you still scumhunt, but, seriously, stop with the fake french accent.
DS is entirely correct here: WIFOMing about how there's no rival wagon therefore you can't be scum is scummy (and of course false; neither Dariush nor Toaster had credible wagons going at the time of their demise). Trying to convince town to reconsider wait no you're making a mistake is scummy. I don't know that I'd call it an appeal to emotion, but that final "evil wins if you don't vote someone else!" bit is certainly scummy. Referencing town as though you're not part of it isn't a lynch reason, but it's definitely something worth pressuring over.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 26, 2013, 12:42:04 am »

Votecount:
IronyOwl  - 4 -  Lenglon, ToonyMan, Shakerag, notquitethere
Hapah  - 0 - 
Lenglon  - 1 -  Hapah
notquitethere  - 0 - 
birdy51  - 0 - 
Toonyman  - 1 -  IronyOwl
Shakerag  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 1 -  birdy51
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 1 -  IronyOwl
Shorten  - 0 - 

The Day ends on Thursday, 26th of September, 7PM UTC, in 13 hours.

Three votes needed to extend with one cast. One extensions remain.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: September 26, 2013, 01:11:10 am »

Extend
I'm admittedly ignoring the questions/accusations people have asked me most recently, due to apathy/irritants, but I'm finding Irony's posts to be good reads. if she wants to keep putting out content like that, then I want to give her a chance to do it.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 84