Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 201004 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D3: 10/13]
« Reply #885 on: September 09, 2013, 01:45:00 pm »

also

I WAS EXACTLY RIGHT

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: September 09, 2013, 01:58:43 pm »

Leafsnail:
First, the day must start with both shamans and all three witches alive, and all other players dead.
First point.  He wants to have all the mafia members alive, and all townies dead.

That is the standard mafia win condition.  This is a plan that will cause the mafia to win.  Nothing else.

Second, we must no lynch that day.  Third, no one besides myself must act that night.  Fourth, I use my night action.  If everything goes right, the rift is sealed, we die, everyone else comes back to life, and it's as if this whole thing never happened.
Pfffhahaha.  Note how Dariush's "We will leave peacefully" changed into "We will die".  Why would Dariush lie about that?  The answer is that he wouldn't - Toaster realized the mistake in Dariush's claim to ToonyMan, and decided to change it to make it sound like it would fulfill the town wincon.

Also note that Toaster voted to lynch Tiruin day one.  Even though his wincon allegedly requires her to be alive.  That's because this part is clearly bullshit intended to test whether Tiruin can self-revive or not.  Note that Dariush claimed the witches need Tiruin dead (why?).

It is the standard mafia win condition.  We are not a standard mafia.

Dariush was talking about the standard shaman-based wincon.  He was actually opposed to the "everyone wins" idea.

My STANDARD wincon wants Tiruin dead.  My much-harder-to-get wincon wants her alive.  We decided to go for the standard first.  I'm claiming this now because the night action to do it is mine, not Dariush's.

1. Claim your full role, and have your partner (Lenglon) claim theirs too.
2. Claim every action performed by the witch side in this game.  Explain why Dariush contacted ToonyMan, and why he gave a garbled version of the Secret Wincon to him.  If Toony is a witch then explain why he made up such an odd story.
3. Explain why Dariush didn't claim any of this yesterday when he was about to be lynched.
4. Revive Tiruin immediately, and have her give her opinion on whether your story is remotely plausible.  You also need to find the death shaman and have them offer their opinion as soon as possible.

1.  I pretty much have.  My only other ability is sometimes-working magic sense, and the only time it's gone off is when Tiruin warded Toony D1.  (It even confirmed her doing it.)  As for my partner, well, why would I make it that easy to fill your standard wincon?  I will say that a one-shot revive is the Witch Mother's only night action.  We're pretty weak in power.

2.  Dariush's contact of Toony is the only night action we have performed.

3.  See above- there was no reason to do it then, and he didn't like the idea.

4.  I'm going to give her a chance to self-revive first anyway.  Plus, the revive isn't mine to use.  If you have any insight as to whom the Death Shaman is, I'd love to hear it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: September 09, 2013, 02:08:54 pm »

Leafsnail: You clearly think I'm a witch, and I want to co-operate with Toaster. how about we compromise by having you lynch me? if you're right, then a witch dies. since I'm right, I get what I want by having a powerless townie by today's lynch.

deal?

Irony: from where I'm sitting, you're pretty obviously the witch mother. you can come out now.

Town: do we have a vig? if so, who is it, and who did you kill last night?

I think ZU is the DS since the witches have made so few actions and we had no kill night 1.

Death Shaman: please cooperate.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: September 09, 2013, 02:33:02 pm »

Leafsnail: You clearly think I'm a witch, and I want to co-operate with Toaster. how about we compromise by having you lynch me? if you're right, then a witch dies. since I'm right, I get what I want by having a powerless townie by today's lynch.
I would rather vote the guy who has claimed scum than a guy who people might not agree with me about.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: September 09, 2013, 02:49:28 pm »

Leaf: I am currently actively and publicly trying to get myself lynched.
am I the death shaman?
am I the witch mother?
am I a townie that you don't like?
am I something else?

seriously now, you shouldn't be calling me a witch leaf, you should be calling me the DS.
you aren't even trying to analyze anything here. what's wrong with you this game?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: September 09, 2013, 03:09:08 pm »

Man, this thread blew up overnight! (PPE: Wow, that'd do it, lol)
Okay, you know what?  Fine.

I'm the witch crone.

And you know what else?

I can make EVERYONE win.
You are asking for a lot, friend. Just to be clear, we'd have to:

-Identify the Death Shaman. Bring back to life if he/she is dead.
-Bring the Life Shaman back from the grave
-Get them both onboard with your plan
-Lynch whatever the unknown 3rd party is (Tir stated that there were 2 besides herself, and I've no reason to doubt it)
-Get every townie killed (lol)
-Hope that you actually have the ability you claim.

Not to mention the fact that unless there is someone with a kill willing to cooperate, it looks like the earliest it could happen is...what, Day 8? If you think the game is on a timer, that's one hell of a generous one. Death Shaman probably has a kill, though it might be much easier than that:

LNCP: If I were to walk up to a knight or the Inquisitor and say I was a Witch, what would happen? (THIS IS PURELY HYPOTHETICAL)

However, I think it might not be a bad idea for us to cooperate, at least in the short term. Since the Witches (most likely) don't have a kill, there's not much harm in letting them be for a bit. For the moment, our goals are not so far apart: we should both try to find the outstanding 3rd parties (DS and ???), and Toaster's claimed magic radar thing might uncover something which he'd have no reason not to share. I believe the real threat to be the 3rd parties, and lynching Toaster for the sake of lynching when he could prove useful seems reckless. Thoughts?

Toaster: Do you know anything else about Shamans?

(Gotta go for a bit, back in 8 hours or so)
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: September 09, 2013, 03:16:55 pm »

Thoughts?
Logic, to me, says to lynch toaster, then lynch irony and win.
however, I'm not a fully logical person.
I want the global win.

I think your plan is crazy hapah. yes, the 3rd parties are a threat... however, they don't actually matter for our wincon.
either we should just lynch toaster and get on with winning.
or go along with Toaster's crazy plan and take the global win.
I don't see why we should futz about letting townies die when even if we identify the DS we can't do anything to him.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: September 09, 2013, 03:20:00 pm »

LNCP: If I were to walk up to a knight or the Inquisitor and say I was a Witch, what would happen?

Nope.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: September 09, 2013, 03:23:33 pm »

Well, allow me to reiterate, I am a Townie, and I have absolutely no powers or abilities worth noting..

But in the light of a third wincon...

Solifuge

I suspect you are our Death Shaman, or at least an important figure of some kind. Whatever you are, you may want to claim.

Our parents began to die when you were but month's old, and they were buried not far from the Monastery. I doubt these facts are mere coincidences. Would you mind telling me what you are?

LNCP

Time for everyone's favorite question, what is the weather like right now?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: September 09, 2013, 03:37:53 pm »

Leaf: I am currently actively and publicly trying to get myself lynched.
am I the death shaman?
am I the witch mother?
am I a townie that you don't like?
am I something else?
You are probably the Witch Crone.  I suspect that Toaster is actually the one who has the revival (as Witch Mother), and you are trying to make sure he doesn't get lynched because he is the one who can bring other witches back to life.  If given a choice between "lynch the mafia member who the mafia wants me to lynch" and "lynch the mafia member who is desperately trying to save their own ass" then I will lynch the latter.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: September 09, 2013, 03:40:28 pm »

No, seriously, why is anyone paying any attention at all to Toaster's staggeringly obvious lie?  He has absolutely no explanation for Dariush's actions yesterday, or for why he voted to lynch someone who he needs alive to win.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: September 09, 2013, 03:41:45 pm »

Well ok, he bolted an extra implausible bit onto his claim when he realized the contradiction.  For some reason he didn't mention it before.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: September 09, 2013, 03:43:12 pm »

Here's the thing.  Let's imagine that, against all probability and common sense, Toaster is actually telling the truth.  Let's say we go along with what he says and kills all the townies.

What incentive does he have to go for the difficult win condition that requires him to trust the shamans and risks having the game time out?  He would instead go for his standard mafia win condition.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: September 09, 2013, 03:43:35 pm »

ok, Leaf, you're clearly insane.
so here's the plan you just proposed:
today: lynch me.
tonight: toaster revives either dariush or me, after our role has flipped
tomorrow: lynch either the claimed witch, or the roleflipped witch
tomorrow night: who cares?
day afterwards: lynch the final witch.

unless the revive wouldn't be used tonight? in which case the plan is:

today: lynch me
tonight: who cares?
tomorrow: lynch toaster

seriously:
Leafsnail: are you high?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: September 09, 2013, 03:50:30 pm »

Looking at past WC games, I'm still inclined to think the witches are the "red herring" (scum)team. 
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 84