Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 201286 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D3: 10/13]
« Reply #840 on: September 09, 2013, 09:57:20 am »

Everyone win?  What?

Yes, everyone.  Town, witches, shamans, dead, living, EVERYONE.

It's complicated, though, and I need the cooperation of everyone.

First off, pretty everything Dariush said to Toony is true.  The only thing is I suspect that our standard wincons are not compatible.   The big things are true- townies don't concern us, only the shamans, which we knew about coming in to this.  Further, there's a massive magical rift over this town, and it's getting bigger.  Remember this?

The slight mist, a remnant from the rain, hovered over the ground and in ripples in the air; a ghostly apparition of riverwater, heavy with a dreamy languor, it flowed across the town and through people’s hearts, its undercurrents creeping across the pale grass. The sky, blanketed by low grey clouds, had just then taken on a strange greenish cast – and the elder inquisitor looked up, apprehensive. Patches of spectral green had lit up and crawled across the underbelly of the clouds – but had disappeared after only a few moments, as if they were never there. He blinked several times, like a man who had seen a silhouette in the dark of his eyes but which, turning to look, had disappeared.

The rift is getting bigger, and it's starting to affect reality.  I rather suspect this game is on a timer, so no lynching is a bad idea.

It is possible there exists a summoner that can summon things through the rift, but I have nothing to corroborate any existence- just the possibility.  However, once it gets big enough, things can come through on their own.  And you don't want that.

Yes, I said our standard wincons are likely incompatible.  But I have a bonus wincon for all factions, in my only night action, a one shot.  It has a boatload of requirements.  The rift can be sealed with a ritual that all three witches and both shamans must participate in, at the cost of our lives.

First, the day must start with both shamans and all three witches alive, and all other players dead.  Second, we must no lynch that day.  Third, no one besides myself must act that night.  Fourth, I use my night action.  If everything goes right, the rift is sealed, we die, everyone else comes back to life, and it's as if this whole thing never happened.

I'm aware a witch and a shaman are already dead, but there's a way around that.  If you want to hear how, get me that extend.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 09, 2013, 10:03:12 am »

um...
you're asking a lot of us here toaster.
specifically, you're asking us to die.
I, um...
you... DO understand that you're asking us for a lot, a LOT of trust, here.

and i've got an extend out for you already.

Toaster: why did you wait this long? not everyone is active at this hour. even if you convince everyone who reads to extend, I don't know if you'll get your extension simply because not everyone will log on in time.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 09, 2013, 10:07:20 am »

Toaster: do you know what's going on with ZU's lack of roleflip?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: September 09, 2013, 10:12:41 am »

Does the Death Shaman want to step in now with whether they'll co-operate with Toaster's plan?

Toaster, do the Witches know what's causing the rift? How exactly would everyone come back to life? Did you lie about your character's age?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 09, 2013, 10:17:23 am »

NQT: give toaster your extend already, please.

My Roleclaim: I am vanilla town, and was refusing to roleclaim in an attempt to bait the nightkill to me.

Toaster:you may not get your extend, vote me. if I end up being the lynch target, then you'll have tomorrow to work with.

Unvote
Lenglon

"I'm trusting you here, please don't abuse it"
Lenglon swallows, then turns to face the group
"There... there isn't enough time. I...
I'm willing to be the sacrifice to buy us the time we need to do this right.
just... just please. make it quick."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 09, 2013, 10:26:06 am »

If it'll make people better, I'm willing to vote shakerag instead of myself. I just want to avoid killing a town power role in our gesture of trust.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: September 09, 2013, 10:26:39 am »

Lenglon:
Toaster: why did you wait this long? not everyone is active at this hour. even if you convince everyone who reads to extend, I don't know if you'll get your extension simply because not everyone will log on in time.

I was really waiting for NQT.  With your unvote, I expected his to follow, and I would stay quiet another day.  Beyond that, I really didn't expect opposition to the extend.

PPE:  Well, that's one way to do it.  PPE2:  Makes no difference to me, unless he's a vig.

Lenglon.

Toaster, do the Witches know what's causing the rift? How exactly would everyone come back to life? Did you lie about your character's age?

1.  No.  Apparently these things just happen.
2.  It's an effect of the ritual.
3.  No, nor about not having kids.  But remember, we witches are Borrowing (obvious Discworld reference) other bodies, just like in WC1 and WC2. 

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 09, 2013, 10:30:02 am »

Toaster: do you know what's going on with ZU's lack of roleflip?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 09, 2013, 10:32:42 am »

Ooops, sorry.

No, we don't.  We're just as curious as you.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 09, 2013, 10:35:18 am »

Toaster: do you have any information about the summoner that you haven't already said? any hints as to his abilities? any hints as to his wincon?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: September 09, 2013, 10:40:33 am »

No.  Like I said, I don't even know one exists.  Let me paraphrase the reference for you.  Context is us talking about the rift.

The rift is active, and big and obvious to anyone magical.  If it gets big enough, things on the other side can get through.  Right now it's easy for someone who knows summoning magic.  There's lots of specialized really strong ones that will only work near such a rift.

That's the extent of it- only mentioned in one paragraph.  Also, in regards to the reason I think we're on a timer, I can sense something old and massive on the other side.  You know, standard eldritch horror stuff.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 09, 2013, 10:43:24 am »

You may ask for an extension or shorten by putting the respective word in bold.  Extensions require 33% of players to agree minus any players opposing, and requires at least three players. Extends are for 48 hours including weekends, and there may only be a maximum of four Extends.

I thought it was 4 per game

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 09, 2013, 10:44:26 am »

of all the dumb, that was supposed to be a PM to LNCP, sorry

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 09, 2013, 10:44:35 am »

The last mod post did say we had two left for the day.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: September 09, 2013, 10:45:55 am »

yeah, I had just been PMed with the fact that it was 4 a day, not 4 a game.
again, sorry
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 84