Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 201099 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D3: 10/13]
« Reply #720 on: September 02, 2013, 03:09:45 am »

Votecount:
IronyOwl  - 0 - 
Hapah  - 1 -  Toaster
Leafsnail  - 0 - 
Lenglon  - 0 - 
notquitethere  - 0 - 
Solifuge  - 0 - 
birdy51  - 1 -  Shakerag
Toaster  - 3 -  Lenglon, ToonyMan, Leafsnail
Toonyman  - 1 -  notquitethere
Shakerag  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 4 -  birdy51, Hapah, Solifuge, IronyOwl
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

Solifuge has been prodded.

The Day will end Tuesday, the 3rd of September, 8PM GMT.

LNCP— Common knowledge check: does the Count have a son at this point in history as indeed the real Viscount did?

No, I changed that; the Viscount has no heirs as of now. I didn't expect you to find that difference, so congratulations - here's your medal.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: September 02, 2013, 07:17:43 am »

Birdy
Solifuge's first name, while interesting is not as perplexing as the last. His last name is the point of interest.
I have an answer that, but I need to hear from Solifuge before I say anything.

On a different note: can you give any kind of explanation for Ottofar's hyper-tunneling? Are you actually going to place a vote today?

For those who haven't noticed, the Ottofar/Birdy slot has only placed one vote in the entire game.

Now as to your second query, I have already answered that question.
Yeah, sorry I missed that.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 02, 2013, 08:02:25 am »

Holiday today; will be out and about.  Be back in around 16 hours.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 02, 2013, 09:23:29 am »

Birdy
Solifuge's first name, while interesting is not as perplexing as the last. His last name is the point of interest.
I have an answer that, but I need to hear from Solifuge before I say anything.

On a different note: can you give any kind of explanation for Ottofar's hyper-tunneling? Are you actually going to place a vote today?

For those who haven't noticed, the Ottofar/Birdy slot has only placed one vote in the entire game.

Now as to your second query, I have already answered that question.
Yeah, sorry I missed that.

Gah, I hate being in the dark about this. A large part of my faculties are dedicated to trying to solve this little mystery, as I do not know how it will affect me as a player.

As to your second question, you have a helluva lot of information on matters that may or may not be your business. Perhaps to the point that it is getting a tad suspicious. You also began the game with the fishing exercise meant to draw out people's names. Then, after that there is the fact that you lied about being a Female Journeyman Carpenter. Later, you would admit to being a Flavourcop Inquisitor if my memory serves me correctly. But even that, doesn't necessarily make sense.

Why would the Catholic church use women to root out heretics and witches?  I'm doing research, but I am failing to find any place where women were the ones root out and investigate heresy. 

Finally, you don't always answer questions that were addressed to everyone. For instance, you are more than happy to place everyone else into a category as they give out the information, but you haven't yourself raised an answer as to which category you are in. Why is that?

With all that said, I'm beginning to find that Ottofar was probably somewhat justified in tunneling you. Your activity has been suspicious and you have your hands in a lot of different pies. That said... You were correct on Dariush and I need to see what you know about Solifuge first.

Now, as to my not voting. I don't like to throw votes around willy-nilly. Frankly, I find that whole affair quite silly. When I vote, I want it to mean something. Thus, I try to use my votes sparingly unless I know that I have a lead I can work off of.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 02, 2013, 10:22:05 am »

...Also...

I'm tired of walking around the issue of Solifuge. NQT, you've told me enough to at least confirm some of my own suspicions. So enough walking on eggshells. I'm willing to face any consequences that may result from making this claim. There is no reason for me to keep hiding this secret any longer.

"I, Mathieu Gendre(Birdy51), claim Colin Fleury(Solifuge) as my long-lost younger brother."

If you have any questions regarding the matter, feel free to ask, but for now I will tell you this. We were separated at a young age. He was month's old when our parents fell ill. I was in the middle of my apprenticeship. When both of our parents died, I was taken in by my Master. However, he could not afford both of us. This left me no choice. I was forced to leave Colin in the care of a Monastery. Thus, that is why NQT asked Solifuge if he had grown up in one.

NQT:

I shall ask this one more time for I am done playing games here. Fail to answer this question, and I will be forced to consider you as scum. Who did you investigate to come across this information?
BIRDS.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 02, 2013, 10:33:59 am »

Birdy
[Gah, I hate being in the dark about this. A large part of my faculties are dedicated to trying to solve this little mystery, as I do not know how it will affect me as a player.
I can very well understand the desire to uncover mysteries, and that's a large part of what I'm doing here. Basically, we need Solifuge to post.

As to your second question, you have a helluva lot of information on matters that may or may not be your business. Perhaps to the point that it is getting a tad suspicious. You also began the game with the fishing exercise meant to draw out people's names. Then, after that there is the fact that you lied about being a Female Journeyman Carpenter. Later, you would admit to being a Flavourcop Inquisitor if my memory serves me correctly. But even that, doesn't necessarily make sense.
I didn't invent the story of being a female Journeyman Carpenter, that's my cover here as Inquisitor. My investigations have been confirmed several times over, I don't think you can seriously doubt what I am.

Why would the Catholic church use women to root out heretics and witches?  I'm doing research, but I am failing to find any place where women were the ones root out and investigate heresy.
I was a nun before joining the inquisition, a woman dedicated to serving God. Plenty of women played exciting roles in these times. Joan of Arc died about fifty years ago. Read the previous two Witches games. I'm playing much the same role as Toaster's characters.

Finally, you don't always answer questions that were addressed to everyone. For instance, you are more than happy to place everyone else into a category as they give out the information, but you haven't yourself raised an answer as to which category you are in. Why is that?
What are you even talking about? If this is the maiden-mother-crone claims, I clearly stated that I most fit 'maiden' because I am not old and have no children, but I'm not particularly young either. I'm in my 40's.

With all that said, I'm beginning to find that Ottofar was probably somewhat justified in tunneling you. Your activity has been suspicious and you have your hands in a lot of different pies. That said... You were correct on Dariush and I need to see what you know about Solifuge first.
What does 'hand in a lot of different pies' even mean? I pursue several investigations at once, yes. That's because I'm trying to be effective in this game. I know that scum win most often by being ignored and they get ignored by not making many waves. Not ruffling many feathers. Not voting many people. But go on, please explain in more detail why Ottofar was 'somwhat justified' in tunnelling me. If you think I'm suspicious then make a compelling case. I'm all ears.

Now, as to my not voting. I don't like to throw votes around willy-nilly. Frankly, I find that whole affair quite silly. When I vote, I want it to mean something. Thus, I try to use my votes sparingly unless I know that I have a lead I can work off of.
Sure, but the vote is the weapon of town and fear of using it is a big fat scum tell. Leads don't just appear, you've got to hunt them out. Ask questions. Hold people accountable for their actions.

Ironyowl
I've little idea about you as a player. Deathsword's only contribution to the game was a weak wagon case that held no water. Who are your top witch picks right now?

Ninja'd by Birdy
I shall ask this one more time for I am done playing games here. Fail to answer this question, and I will be forced to consider you as scum. Who did you investigate to come across this information?
Ugh, I was waiting to hear back from Solifuge here. Surely you see why? I've investigated both Ottofar and Okami but the monastery information came from my investigation of Ottofar. I discovered that your brother Colin's surname would have been most likely changed to something else. There were clues that Okami knew you were his brother in the vote record. I was waiting to hear from Solifuge first but you've forced my hand. Are you claiming the brothers-wincon?

Solifuge— we'd really like to hear from you. Were you raised in a monastery?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 02, 2013, 11:27:46 am »

NQT:

There is room for suspicion everywhere my good man. Even with me, so I appreciate your caution.

That said, I believe your story of you being a Nun turned Inquisitor and I missed where you had claimed your age. As for the hands in a great many pies analogy, that is a creative figure of speech. You've involved yourself in many areas of this game, which could lead someone to suspect you know more than should. The argument is there to make, and Ottofar chose to pursue it. Even you have to admit that fact.

However, that does not mean that I feel the need to invest myself in making a case against you. You answered my question as to who you have been investigating for information to my satisfaction, and you have made flavor claims that make sense. Without having to use my vote, I got the information that I wanted. I call that a success.  In addition, I also need to see what other players have to say about my responses. Namely, Shakerag who is apparently going to be absent for a bit.

Now. I cannot claim my brother's wincon, as I honestly have no clue what that is. For all I know, Solifuge could be a Death Shaman or a Witch. Everyone in the immediate family household barring myself and him died only month's after he was born. Regardless, I needed to claim.  Solifuge has been absent from this part of the forums for some time now. If I had waited any longer, the opportunity to claim might have passed me by due to one of us being killed, possessed, or whatever the hell these witches can do to us.
BIRDS.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 02, 2013, 12:04:29 pm »

Holidaaaay Extend.

birdy: What are the repercussions of your claim? If it's something sensitive that you don't want to go into details about that's fine. (PPE: Well, you claimed you don't know anything of his wincon/alignment/whatever. Still, I suppose the question still stands, what are the ramifications?)
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 02, 2013, 01:08:35 pm »

NQT:
Toonyman
You can trust that almost anything you dig up applies here, and I've done my best to maintain that the timelines also match up. There are only a couple of details that I've changed, and you're not likely to ever find those.
The year is 1489.
Your son, Charles de Crussol, was born in 1483— why would you lie about being a father?
No, I changed that; the Viscount has no heirs as of now. I didn't expect you to find that difference, so congratulations - here's your medal.
I don't have any children in this game universe.  Your detective spirit is encouraging though.

Extend because of school tomorrow.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 02, 2013, 01:37:27 pm »

Holidaaaay Extend.

birdy: What are the repercussions of your claim? If it's something sensitive that you don't want to go into details about that's fine. (PPE: Well, you claimed you don't know anything of his wincon/alignment/whatever. Still, I suppose the question still stands, what are the ramifications?)

Unknown. My flavor mentions that I had wanted to see him again though, which is why I am being so bold about this claim in the first place.

However, there could be something I don't know about on his end. We won't know the whole story until he posts. For all I know, he might not actually be my brother and this whole mess was just one heaping helping of red herring. In which case, I end up with egg on my face.
BIRDS.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 02, 2013, 05:47:29 pm »

LNCP:
  • Do not PM other players unless explicitly allowed.  Players with private chat access will be given a topic on QuickTopic where they may post freely.
  • Never quote any PM from the mod or any communication with them unless explicitly allowed.  You may give a general summary (for example, a roleclaim), but do not quote directly. Rulebreakers can and will be modkilled with prejudice.
If a player has private chat access (ie, a quicktopic with somebody) may they quote communications from other players in that quicktopic verbatim?

ToonyMan: If the answer to the above question is yes, please quote as much of your conversation with Dariush yesterday as possible (avoiding quoting anything from LNCP, of course).  If it's no, please paraphrase it as closely as you can (asking LNCP if it's ok to post before doing so).

Sure. You said that you thought the Witches revived Tir to confuse the town, if I recall correctly. Unless the res is multi-use, that wouldn't make much sense if we've got the wincon right. They'd be reviving the person they want dead and lose their ability to revive the person they want alive at the same time. It's moving in exactly the wrong direction.
Why did you assume the hypothetical resurrection that I'd just guessed about was single-use?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 02, 2013, 06:02:15 pm »

(Disclaimer: Alcohol is delicious.)

Because a multi-use (or God forbid unlimited use) daytime res seems a bit over the top, even for a bastard.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 02, 2013, 06:09:13 pm »

Extend
"Here, kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 02, 2013, 06:19:52 pm »

Because a multi-use (or God forbid unlimited use) daytime res seems a bit over the top, even for a bastard.
Why?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 02, 2013, 07:05:34 pm »

Ah, I should have unvoted-- Toony wasn't lying about being childless.

So, Lenglon, I'll be continuing to look over the possibilities but at the moment you're top candidate for crone. I'm suspicious of Toaster's claim to be a mother so we need to hear back from him before the end of the day.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 84