Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 200932 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D3: 10/13]
« Reply #675 on: August 30, 2013, 01:39:50 pm »

Just so everyone knows, I'm not going to be here from the 4th to the 6th of September (all of wed-fri, that is) for academic reasons. Sorry, all; Jim will hopefully take over normal service during that time.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 30, 2013, 03:30:48 pm »

Hey everyone.  It wasn't stated, but I'm replacing in for Vector.  Hopefully that will add a bit more stability to the game.

Furthermore, a correction:  According to my bio, I've actually been in town for longer than a year unlike what has previously been reported.  For what it's worth.

griffinpup Hapah:  My ancient nemesis.  Do you stand by griffinpup's stance on Tiruin?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 30, 2013, 04:01:08 pm »

PFP

Shake: My eternal foe! Which part of his stance? Some bits I agree with and some I don't.

How long had Vector said she'd been in town? Perhaps more importantly, how (or why) did she get it wrong?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D1: 13/13]
« Reply #678 on: August 30, 2013, 04:15:28 pm »

I am town in alignment, but I'm not from here originally; I've been in for about a year. 
I was in town a year before the Viscountess returned, but have been working in the castle for a few years after that.  That is the discrepancy.

Hapah:  Well, what do you agree with and what do you disagree with?

NQT:
I'm concerned about being night killed, so I'll probably reveal details before the end of the day.
What happened in regards to this?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 30, 2013, 04:22:23 pm »

Bah.  :'(
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 30, 2013, 04:47:01 pm »

Solifuge/Okami No Rei: Not sure who to address this one to, as the vote count and the replacement list is a bit wonky right now. Still, you are both technically the same person regardless, so here goes.

I have some questions that need to be answered sooner rather than later. Are you either of you available?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D1: 13/13]
« Reply #681 on: August 30, 2013, 05:04:28 pm »

PFP

Hapah:  Well, what do you agree with and what do you disagree with?
I disagree with (or could at least dispute) most of the specifics. I agree with the general direction his train of thought was going.

Tiruin was (is, rather. I'll get to this in a minute) third-party. No if's, ands, or buts. And while Tir's wincon may or may not be detrimental to town's, I can't know. Tir stated that her wincon was to keep a Death Shaman alive and be alive herself (someone correct me if I'm wrong here, typing this in a hurry). I think it's reasonable to assume that the Death Shaman is either a SK (which makes no kill N1 very interesting), or that the Death Shaman has the same role but reversed (i.e. kill the Life Shaman and die). The thing that's troubling me now is trying to figure out of the Shaman thing is a game-in-a-game (Town vs. Witch and Life vs. Death) or if it is the game. My only other LNCP game was MKM, so you can understand why I would be a little worried about taking things at face value, yeah? Also, I noticed something more than a little interesting.

Mod: Can we lynch the dead? They're in the vote list for the day.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 30, 2013, 06:07:38 pm »

... we also have dead players in the "not voting" category...
Mod: can the dead vote?
Mod: was ZU supposed to have a roleflip?
Toaster:
Toaster: Why are you so focused on lynching the protect/revive third party that you're letting your scumhunting drop?
Yes, you've been asked this before, but your answers have always been in the context of a generic third-party. You have consistently been advocating a third-party policy lynch, with no consideration for what kind of third party they are. I want an answer that specifically either shows how a protect/revive third party is anti-town, or shows how a protect/revive third party is no different from a generic third-party.
additionally, you've been keeping your questions, reasoning, and opinions rather slippery, shifting them as your target shifts and seemingly unrelated to their actions and answers, but more in relation to public opinion of your target. why?
NQT: do you have any inspection results to ask us about?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 30, 2013, 07:05:11 pm »

The maiden.  The mother.  The crone.  Look it up.  Strongly associated with witchcraft.  I'm pretty sure that's the theme of the mafia side.

Please categorize your role into one of these three, or say if you think you fit none of them (and explain why).

Maiden - young, unmarried
Mother - has kids who need looking after
Crone - is old

Being male doesn't exclude you from these categories (Dariush was male, afterall).

Mine would be "mother" since I'm a working dad.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 30, 2013, 07:05:42 pm »

ToonyMan: Why did you ignore Dariush for the entirety of yesterday?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 30, 2013, 07:25:27 pm »

The maiden.  The mother.  The crone.  Look it up.  Strongly associated with witchcraft.  I'm pretty sure that's the theme of the mafia side.

Please categorize your role into one of these three, or say if you think you fit none of them (and explain why).

Maiden - young, unmarried
Mother - has kids who need looking after
Crone - is old

For all intents and purposes, I fall into the Maiden category.

I don't have anyone I am looking after, and I am still a young man.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 30, 2013, 08:17:09 pm »

Mother, I guess? Tavern won't run itself.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 30, 2013, 09:18:48 pm »

Crone, though male. My family is dead, and I have visible signs of ageing, as well as being unsure what I'm supposed to do now.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 30, 2013, 10:43:38 pm »

ToonyMan: Why did you ignore Dariush for the entirety of yesterday?
Holy shit I'm finally voted after three entire days.

Well, it so happens the Witch Maiden (Dariush) contacted me Night 1 and told me they thought I was their Death Shaman.

I'm a bit worried that Zombie Urist could be our Death Shaman, because of the lack of role-flip.

In any case, I kept my mouth shut Day 2 because gathering as much info as possible from Dariush would be helpful (we got a little quicktopic to talk with, though he's dead now so nuts to that) to pin-together who the other witches are and what not.  See, the thing is, the witches don't want to see me dead, since even though I'm town they suspect I could be their DS and want to keep me nice and alive and happy.  If they have a convert like you keep insistently mentioning then yeah, I'm probably a witch in your eyes, but that'll only help the town since the mafia are gonna have to gamble their odds on either trying to ignore me or bandwagon me with whoever's left in their posse (unfortunately Dariush never spilled the beans on his partners, of course).

Also, going by what I could gather from him, you, Leafsnail, are not a witch.

Since me and him discussed possible DS candidates I made note to see the ones he picked as DS candidates and marked them as "not a witch".

In this extensive list we find ourselves like so:

Not a witch or death shaman 100%
ToonyMan - Viscount
Tiruin - Life Shaman (dead again, shocking!)

Not a witch or death shaman 80%
NQT - either NQT lead an epic bus on Dariush or he's not a witch, and also he was extremely convincing in his "not dying" department.

Most likely not a witch but could easily be the DS
Leafsnail (Dariush himself said Leafsnail was his second pick for Death Shaman after me)
Ottofar/Birdy (another Dariush pick for DS)
Zombie Urist - Dead now, which can only be something bad if he's the DS (another Dariush pick for DS)

My picks for witches
Toaster - I found as extremely odd behavior Day 2
Vector/Shakerag (Dariush actively dismissed the possibility of Vector being the DS)

Still witch/DS suspects to some extent
Lenglon
griffinpup/Hapah
Deathsword/IronyOwl
Okami/Solifuge

Witches
Dariush - Witch Maiden

Also, the witches wincon is supposedly to keep Tiruin dead and the Death Shaman alive.  They claim to have no night-kill.  Since I lost my contact might as well say everything!  If anybody needs clarification ask.

@Tiruin:
This is why I knew there was a Death Shaman.

Dariush also seems to claim they'd leave peacefully after getting their wincon, but I have to lay suspicion on that.  It would be bizarre for the town and mafia to be able to win together after all.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 31, 2013, 01:34:59 am »

No.

Mod: can the dead vote?

No.

Mod: was ZU supposed to have a roleflip?

No.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 84