Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 201020 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D2: 13/13]
« Reply #660 on: August 23, 2013, 04:46:23 pm »

NQT:

Birdy
[snip]
Well, I'm glad you're not continuing Ottofar's bizarre play. You can hold off on the family stuff for now, you've confirmed that there's something of interest there (which I knew). I'm concerned about being night killed, so I'll probably reveal details before the end of the day.

If you feel that you must reveal some details, go ahead. I trust that you won't reveal enough details that I can no longer verify what I want to verify.

However, I must know. When you post later, tell us how you came across this piece of information. I had assumed that it was only entrusted to me, seeing that it is a family matter that wouldn't be publicized greatly. The fact that you seem to know something rather intimate about my history bothers me, flavor cop or not.

ZU:

extend was day supposed to end already?

Toony: yeah I was. Sometimes its cold and my fingers aren't accurate.

Birdy: you're trusting Tiruin way too much. In fact that even starts to become buddying. Also is plague mentioned in your flavor? who do you think are witches?

LS: I think you should look over the past games. Previously the witches took body-snatched ppl before the game started.

LNCP: why are the ppl needing replaces voting?

Trusting yes, buddying no. I do not want her helping me in any way, shape, or form. Others need her protection far more than I do.

Now. There is a chance down the line that I *might* regret defending her down the line, but I would be kicking my ass for the rest of the game if I didn't say something against these lynch Tiruin shenanigans. 

As for the plague, also no. No mention is made of it, although illness does play a part in my backstory.

...Now. Witches.

The main person I want to talk to is Okami no Rei. I have some deep-seated suspicions with him that I want to sort out. However, he's currently up for replacement so that has to wait until his character's return. Other than him in particular, I don't have a whole lot of people to work off of.

Toaster seems to be tunneling rather hard on Tiruin. However, I have a hard time believing that this might be scummy behavior, especially considering Ottofar on Day 1. I would be a hypocrite if I said people weren't entitled to their suspicions.

And while Dariush has some questions to answer… There are more than enough fingers in that pie right now. Nearly half the players in the game are voting for him right now. He has enough to worry about without adding a new player who hasn't fully educated himself on his situation.

Now, Zombie Urist. Your role interests me a little bit.

You are a dealer in old-clothes, correct? How has business been for you lately?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

conditional replacement request.
Fine guys.
If I don't post enough friggin content, then friggin replace me.

I might (probably will) attempt to post some content while you look for a replacement, if you deem it necessary.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

LS: I think you should look over the past games. Previously the witches took body-snatched ppl before the game started.
Yes.  But the game is radically different each time.  Moving from body-snatching pregame -> body-snatching ingame is not that huge a change flavour wise and would provide the curveball that Witches' Covens tend to have.

I don't see much value in extending the day further.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 23, 2013, 08:55:09 pm »

Just a warning, my posting may become a bit limited coming up.

College is making a return for me, and I must batter down the hatches and such. Tomorrow I am moving in, so my posting will be limited. We'll have to see just how busy college makes me.
BIRDS.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Toony:
@IronyOwl:
So after reading back on it, Dariush seems like he was actually trying prior to engaging in blatant lies and patently untownlike behavior. I'm not getting an intentional "lynch me!" vibe from him.
Could you expound (my new favorite word, thanks Tiruin)?
He seemed to actually be calling people out on things that seemed reasonable and otherwise making sense. Genuinely scumhunting.

Compare this post with this one.

First: Calling out NQT on laziness and OMGUS, suspicious of Lenglon, poking Vector.
Second: "Well maybe you're scum and I don't see how it matters!", poking confirmed third-party everyone lynched, calling Leaf stupid, checking votes on self.

In short, it really doesn't look like he's a jester early on; it looks like he's actually out to get scum. Later, on the other hand... it looks like he's lazy lying scum that's been caught.

I will add that this part makes me a bit nervous, though:
Dariush:  What lessons from the previous WC games do you think can be applied to this one?
Well, witches will probably turn out to not be the main threat, but some other magic users will. In the first game we had a wizard with a golem, next we had elves, now I won't be surprised if we have druids with shamans and spirits of the dead people from the previous games or something.
Calling out shamans by name makes me nervous in a game where there's two of them, but I don't want to read too much into it.

Dariush:
IO: why should I be interested in anything NQT says? All he proved is that he is a flavourcop. He probably indeed investigated me. He may not even be lying about the unfinished clothes. Is he a town flavourcop? I see no reason why he is assumed to be so. If he is somehow town, what then? He is still a cretin.
Because it might be useful information?

You admit that he's probably a flavorcop. He claims he's a flavorcop with information that catches you lying. You insist that you're not lying, but just sort of handwave him off.

So... is he lying? Is there really information he can figure out about people that not even they're aware of? How much can we read into a flavor cop's results?

Apparently, your answer to all of this is that you don't care. Why not? You think he's a cretin, you've called him scum in the past, now he might, for all you know, be making shit up to get you lynched, and your response is just to shrug it off, call him a cretin, and go after someone else?

That does not seem townie. That seems like lying scum trying to brush it off.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

Solifuge has replaced Okami no Rei.

He will be posting first after this weekend due to the Ludum Dare, however.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

annnnd my first thought upon hearing the news: "KITTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

anyways, now that i've gotten that off my chest, i'm exhaused but I feel like we're wasting valuable time right now. I'll try to get something done about that tomorrow when I'm awake, assuming my life calms down.

sorry about no content here.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

By the way, the Day will end 9.5 hours from now unless there's an extension.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 24, 2013, 07:25:56 am »

I'll throw out my Extend vote.

As I said, I have a few questions I need to ask Solifuge, sooner better than later.
BIRDS.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Extend. While I'm not under any storm pressure as of now..IRL stuffs haven't let up x_x

"KITTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
SOLIFUGE :D

Alright, back to business. Unvote, Toaster--the explanation will be given later on. When I'm not feeling more dead :/

On Dariush, that note there?
Dariush:  What lessons from the previous WC games do you think can be applied to this one?
Well, witches will probably turn out to not be the main threat, but some other magic users will. In the first game we had a wizard with a golem, next we had elves, now I won't be surprised if we have druids with shamans and spirits of the dead people from the previous games or something.
This thing? Yeah.

While I could term it to be a slip, theoretical evidence pushes me to discard the idea as a sleight of hand..or whatever metaphor that means 'I've accidentally said something which in reference, speaks of my thoughts of the matter due to the context of the flavor of the game', because of one thing.

He mentioned Druids in the same area. Now, as a shaman, I know that I control no spirit (yeah, I'm not a spirit either after re-reading my role..just a prophet-type-ish role). Next, druids.

...Druids are English. Well, British, in the general idea. As well as others such as Ireland, and Gaul (France).

We have no Gauls here [or..well, that would be really weird given how Dar has been acting], but the notion still sticks as you can see. What turned me off was were two things:
> He's being lazy. Proven in how I saw two different posts addressing me..he missed much of D1--sounds like he's skimming more often than not--and at least 50% of his most recent posts consist of faux ad hominem insults. See the padding? It's mean.

Furthermore, on a metatell, LNCP won't be deriving silly notions such as those and mis-historify their context. That, and the fact that in a place and time judged and with the jurisdiction of the area being along the lines of Christianity, the pagan religions would mostly be driven out and/or replaced by said religion.

...Unless the witches are pagans here and are druids and somehow Dariush knows the presence of these roles or is a witch. Yeah, the WIFOM stands. >_>

But he's being a lazy jerk as of late. I've no problem with seeing him die though.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

EBWOP: I think I missed this.

ToonyMan: How did you know the goal of the Death Shaman? How did you exactilify the Death Shaman's role name?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

ok, I don't want to extend because we only have so many, and with Dariush's current behavior we have no reason not to lynch him beyond Death Shaman based WIFOM.
Leafsnail: Why are you leaving Toonyman alone if you think he is the logical choice for a recruit?
Toaster: Why are you so focused on lynching the protect/revive third party that you're letting your scumhunting drop?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [N2: 12/13]
« Reply #672 on: August 24, 2013, 02:00:24 pm »

Night 2 Has Begun!

Votecount:
Dariush  - 5 -  notquitethere, zombie urist, Leafsnail, Lenglon, IronyOwl
IronyOwl  - 0 - 
Griffinpup  - 1 -  Toaster
Leafsnail  - 0 - 
Lenglon  - 0 - 
notquitethere  - 1 -  Okami no Rei
Okami no Rei  - 0 - 
birdy51  - 0 - 
Tiruin  - 2 -  Dariush, griffinpup
Toaster  - 2 -  ToonyMan, Tiruin
Toonyman  - 0 - 
Vector  - 0 - 
zombie urist  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 2 -  birdy51, Vector
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 2 -  Birdy51, Tiruin
Shorten  - 0 - 

The slight mist, a remnant from the rain, hovered over the ground and in ripples in the air; a ghostly apparition of riverwater, heavy with a dreamy languor, it flowed across the town and through people’s hearts, its undercurrents creeping across the pale grass. The sky, blanketed by low grey clouds, had just then taken on a strange greenish cast – and the elder inquisitor looked up, apprehensive. Patches of spectral green had lit up and crawled across the underbelly of the clouds – but had disappeared after only a few moments, as if they were never there. He blinked several times, like a man who had seen a silhouette in the dark of his eyes but which, turning to look, had disappeared.

The watchmen moved sleepily through the fog, and the murmur that drifted from the crowd was quiet and low. A colder breeze had swept over the town, and in the blue-grey light of the day, the world itself seemed to have been drained of colour and warmth. Beyond the horizon, a pale orange bloom was beginning to appear – the last flickers of a dying candle.

The captain approached the thirteen again. He spoke to the crowd- “Yes!” “This one.” “He’s the one,” “Kill him.” The crowd split to reveal a tailor, quivering and wide-eyed – voices continued to berate him, to insult – the captain, merciless, grabbed him with a firm hand and pulled him away. The tailor, moved with a sudden jerk, stumbled and fell- but another guard snatched his other hand, dragging him along. Pulled up onto the stage, he seemed to make to attempt to stand until pulled up onto his feet before an inquisitor.

The priest in black asked something, slow and solemn.

The tailor suddenly grabbed his shoulder, as if to make a plea – and is tugged forcefully away – then shouted something, though the words only reached the others as a mumble. The inquisitor seemed incensed, mouthed something to the captain – who signalled in turn to the two others, who with mailed hands grabbed each arm, pushed him onto his knees. The captain drew his sword.

And for a moment, none of them moved. The tailor looked up into the captain’s eyes, but his gaze had changed – gone was the fear, replaced by... Something else, unfathomable. The sword was raised until, when at the peak of its height, it floated there for an instant and came down – tearing through cloth, slicing through his chest and stomach. He was leaned forward slightly, and over his slow, ragged breaths, blood began to seep from the wound, creeping along its length before dripping – in a trickle, at first, then in a thin curtain – from his stomach.

A breath, laboured, deliberate. It gathered into a pool at his knees.

A sigh. The pool grew.

A breath – quivering from the effort, it rose a tone as he tried to take in more air. The pool began to drip down from the edge of the stage.

A kick in the chest. Let loose, the tailor fell on his back – and the sword rose again, fell on his neck. A mailed hand picked up the head from the spreading pool and hands it to the inquisitor, who inspects it-

And in that moment, the crowd had frozen.

An eternity passes. In this still, silent scene, only one figure starts to move – slowly, with a superhuman effort, the elder inquisitor lifts the scarlet-stained head into the air.

“We have killed a witch!” His shout, the tolling of a bell, cuts through the stillness – and, in that moment, a jagged scar of blue-white light shatters the clouds above. The thunder rumbles the echo of his words. As each drop begins to fall, its strike seems to be a voice of its own, in miniature – and his will seems to resound, with each cry the sound growing and multiplying- “a witch” each one shouts, and as the beast mounts again the multitudes rise to a shrill roar – “witch” the storm cries out, “witch”, the momentum seems unstoppable, the chant surged, thick and urgent – until the drops drown themselves out in their fervour, and the chant slurs together into a steady pitter-patter of falling rain.

Michiel "Dariush" Verdomme has been lynched! He was the Witch Maiden.

The Night will end Thursday, 29th of August, 8PM GMT.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [N2: 12/13]
« Reply #673 on: August 29, 2013, 04:11:26 pm »

The Night has been extended an extra day so I get to sleep tonight. Sorry.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D3: 10/13]
« Reply #674 on: August 30, 2013, 01:35:43 pm »

Day 3 Has Begun!

Votecount:
IronyOwl  - 0 - 
Hapah  - 0 - 
Leafsnail  - 0 - 
Lenglon  - 0 - 
notquitethere  - 0 - 
Solifuge  - 0 - 
birdy51  - 0 - 
Toaster  - 0 - 
Toonyman  - 0 - 
Shakerag  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 10 -  birdy51, Shakerag, ToonyMan, Hapah, Solifuge, Toaster, notquitethere, Leafsnail, Lenglon, IronyOwl
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

Silvery dew stirs on leaves in the grey morning. A light drizzle falls from the sky yet, and at times, drops touch a shoulder and soak into the cloth, a dark patch. The air is still, silent; on the horizon, a congregation of arboreal giants solemnly watch the proceedings.

A legion of hooded robes, black as starless sky. Marching through the fog and filth, they ascend the stage and begin anew. Each one, in turn, slowly lifts off each hood to show their faces - somber, all, and old if not by age. One approaches the thirteen, of which only ten have come today.

“Two from your group have died last night. One was the Breton, Denis - our prayers go out to him, may he reach salvation - and the other that maleficar, Gillette Doulze. We suspect she was the culprit; we found both were left immaculate, but dead without a doubt. They could have been mistaken for sleeping, had they not woken up.

“But you must stay strong. We have already removed two maleficars - think of how many more there may be lurking in your midst.

“You must stay strong for Uzčs. Only through virtue, vigilance and fear of God may salvation be reached.”

Gillette "Tiruin" Doulze has died during the night! She was the Life Shaman.
zombie urist has died during the night!

The Day will end Tuesday, the 3rd of September, 8PM GMT.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 01:38:34 am by lordnincompoop »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 84