Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 200941 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Oh wow, I'm gone for less than a whole day and there's already a bandwagon on me. That's got to be some kind of a record. I can refer people to the first paragraph of #604 where I explained why 'unfinished clothes' != 'witch', but if nobody read it the first time, I doubt they will do so the second.

IO: why should I be interested in anything NQT says? All he proved is that he is a flavourcop. He probably indeed investigated me. He may not even be lying about the unfinished clothes. Is he a town flavourcop? I see no reason why he is assumed to be so. If he is somehow town, what then? He is still a cretin.

Lenglon: Why are you assuming that everything a flavourcop sees will automatically be described to me also? The colour of my door wasn't described to me either, but he is entirely welcome to see it. How the hell does this matter?

And by the way, your roleplaying sucks, and I see no reason why you aren't stopping to roleplay despite being asked to do so numerous times by multiple people. I can assume you're mentally deficient, then.

LS: are you stupid? Yes, you are. If I had stopped making clothes (of which I still have no indication in my flavour), I wouldn't have unfinished ones lying at home. Unfinished clothes means they weren't finished and I fail to see how you may be too stupid to hammer that into your stupid head.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D2: 13/13]
« Reply #646 on: August 22, 2013, 01:36:42 pm »

Votecount:
Dariush  - 5 -  notquitethere, zombie urist, Leafsnail, Lenglon, IronyOwl,
IronyOwl  - 0 - 
Griffinpup  - 1 -  Toaster,
Leafsnail  - 0 - 
Lenglon  - 0 - 
notquitethere  - 2 -  birdy51, Okami no Rei,
Okami no Rei  - 0 - 
birdy51  - 0 - 
Tiruin  - 3 -  Dariush, griffinpup, Vector,
Toaster  - 1 -  ToonyMan,
Toonyman  - 0 - 
Vector  - 0 - 
zombie urist  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 1 -  Tiruin
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Zombie U:
toaster you do realize gpup listed picks? who do u suspect?

Pick.  Singular.

griffinpup: apart from thr obvious who else is suspicous. your case on tiruin looks really lazy. also y no vote yday?
NQT looked suspicious yesterday, but then he claimed flavour cop, so...  I don't really understand the case on Dariush.  Did he lie about his flavour?  I still think DS's early actions of day one seems scummy, but not very.

These aren't picks.  This is waffling.

Tiruin is third party and therefore bad, Pup isn't hunting, and Dariush needs to better address NQT's accusation.

Birdy/Tiruin:
Tiruin:As you were dying, the inquisitor asked you something... Do you recall what that was?

This is an excellent question and worthy of checking with LNCP over.

NQT:
Toaster
Toaster and Toony
Yeah, I figured that's what you meant. I assume you're an inquisitor, then?
That would be the obvious conclusion, yes I am.

It would, but I note you don't actually confirm or deny this.
Sorry, I thought I did. Clarified in the quote.

Why not N0?  I could both times.
I triple-checked my role PM. It's something I'll be asking LNCP at the end of the game.

How do you know what a shaman is?
I know what words mean.

Fair enough.

Toony:
@Toaster:
Ah you got me.  That's a perfectly normal answer.

A better question though, is why are you trying to lynch the guy that can res himself who knows how many times when we could be lynching better targets?

This is a very fair question, but it should be noted that I haven't actually voted her today.  Right now it's trying to get Pup to provide actual content.  I don't intend to waste much time with Tiruin today: see forthcoming response to her.

Dariush:  No, you can't just yell at NQT's inspect and make it go away.  Do you actually suspect NQT and LS for what they're saying about you?

Lenglon: Why are you assuming that everything a flavourcop sees will automatically be described to me also? The colour of my door wasn't described to me either, but he is entirely welcome to see it. How the hell does this matter?

I think this is a reasonable assumption.

Tiruin:
The claims I want you to prove are all your accusations against me. You mention me appealing to emotion, my changes in emotion in talking to NQT and yourself, me lying on several aspects as well as my case against you--the very reason why I kept on repeating it is because you firstly ignore it, then accuse me of lying, then at the last part in the day utter a handwaving of the whole case against you--something very different from a townie who actually looks, and giving off the strong impression that you just don't like me here without going into detail on comparing why you think I claimed, as well as my case on you and seeing if it was right or not.

I have responded to this.  All of this.  All you're doing is asking me to endlessly repeat the same points over and over and over.  I'm sick of it, and not wasting time on it.  If there are specific things I missed, point them out directly and I will address them.

Like apathy. You're ok with lynching a third-party because--and I believe--as a veteran, you know that they are generally looked down upon.

The second sentence would be better phrased "I am okay with lynching third parties because they are not working in our interests."  I'm not sure what apathy has to do with this.

I don't care if you lynch me. You come up with your own reasons why or why not you should put your vote on someone. I already stated generally everything short of directly claiming--something I dearly frown upon here--and you just want me to state it for your...laziness?

This is hilariously hypocritical considering how much you ask me to repeat myself.

But I will grant you one point.  That question was an attempt to bait a certain response out of you which would have further cemented your scumminess- but you didn't give it.  I still want you gone, but it's enough that I'll worry about frying other fish first.

Again, I'm done wasting time on you for now, unless you have something specific.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Tiruin:  Oh, and two more things:

giving off the strong impression that you just don't like me here

Stepping away from the game a second, I do think you're a cool kid- I just get exasperated arguing with you, because your meta involves a lot of repetitive questions.

Everyone:  If you still think Tiruin is pro-town and need to be told why you should think otherwise:

Yea, I think he's a witch.

And yet she is not voting me.  She is actively not going for the town win condition.  Ask yourselves- is this the action of a pro-town player?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Yea, I think he's a witch.

And yet she is not voting me.  She is actively not going for the town win condition.  Ask yourselves- is this the action of a pro-town player?
Formatting in the vote was a real slip for me, wasn't it. I guess I missed that. But that's only ONE factor. Second was 'think', because no matter how my viewpoint was towards you, most others don't seem to share it given that they're not voting for you. So I'm doubtful on my outlook at this point, until I muster up the emotional strength to go into the lurkertracker, and link everything.

Everything.

...But the weird thing is always the prod on 'ARE YOU PRO-TOWN' and such. What's the deal with continuing that tangent? Where's your backing? You've been sniping at me that way since D1, and giving countless (ok, more then 3) arguments along that line.

I have responded to this.  All of this.  All you're doing is asking me to endlessly repeat the same points over and over and over.  I'm sick of it, and not wasting time on it.  If there are specific things I missed, point them out directly and I will address them.
I don't think you specifically responded to them, as you generalized them as 'you're repeating yourself'. Technically, yes. Specifically, no.

Because if you had, you'd have a real point against me and shouldn't be in the grey ground of uncertainty given you appealing to the audience and saying
Ask yourselves- is this the action of a pro-town player?

Anyway, if you really want to generalize me, I'll link all of your posts. Then I'll link all of my posts. Then I'll praise ZU for his lurkertracker.

But that'll have to wait because I decided to not post last night due to IRL antics weighing me down.

So I'm sorry. But this will have to wait until later.

Votecount:
Tiruin  - 3 -  Dariush, griffinpup, Vector,
...No really? Vector?

I don't even see a post from her doing anything here. Same reasons I guess? This is her last post. Day 1. And I'm really hoping she's ok enough to post because it just isn't the same with missing players. :/

...Or is this some kind of backroom deal?

Dariush: Going to talk yet? I see you posting.

But not here. And in not here, I mean avoiding the matter with ZU.

You address the 'bandwagon'. You fail to see the reason behind the votes.

You're running from a slip you've done earlier, huh.
And by the way, your roleplaying sucks, and I see no reason why you aren't stopping to roleplay despite being asked to do so numerous times by multiple people. I can assume you're mentally deficient, then.
Be more of a condescending ass when you can't even match her roleplaying. You're not even high enough on her level to criticize her.

Or at least think of why she does so, that too.

Or read back and see the reason on why she did so. It's in the thread. You're just being totally lazy.

Oh wow, I'm gone for less than a whole day and there's already a bandwagon on me. That's got to be some kind of a record. I can refer people to the first paragraph of #604 where I explained why 'unfinished clothes' != 'witch', but if nobody read it the first time, I doubt they will do so the second.
Read more. There are tons more reasons why people are voting you, and you're missing it intentionally.

Because if you read, you wouldn't have missed it.

ZU I'll get back to you when I'm not feeling...very very bad here. And busy. That too.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 22, 2013, 07:19:29 pm »

First, unvote.

I don't see much reason for that vote on NQT to be there any longer!

NQT:

Birdy— Tell us what you know about your (character's) family. Also, what do you think of Ottofar's play yesterday?

I haven't seen anyone in my family in years, either because they are dead or I've lost contact with them. That is the short story.

If you can afford to be a bit patient with me, I would rather wait on making a fuller claim. I have a more meaty post written up on my family history armed and ready, but I need to ask you one question first. What is the relevancy of my family history to the scum hunt? I'll admit that I have been thinking a lot about family since I've got the role PM, which makes your question seem a bit… clairvoyant if you will.

I suspect you suspect something that I haven't been able to confirm as of yet regarding my family. Ottofar didn't leave me with much to work on as far as character development, so I'm behind when it comes to internal investigations.

Speaking of which, Ottofar. I'm a bit confused as to why he held his vote on you for so long, but I suppose he isn't one to give up on the ghost easily. He tunneled you hard and kept his eyes straight forward. As far as I can tell, he never took the opportunity to look deeply into our Role PM, which is testimony to that fact.

Tiruin:

birdy
Tiruin:As you were dying, the inquisitor asked you something... Do you recall what that was?
...I got nothing, really. Not a word, nor anything in my memory pre and post death. I put that under the end flavor of the day but as my response was disgust, I suppose it went along the lines of how the papal bull was written, and I was asked if I ever indulged in such. On why the captain said 'you chose well', I believe it went along the bolded line as stated in the spoiler below.

tl;dr: No, I have nothing on what he said, what he asked, what he wanted, or why I replied as such.

I'm deriving all information from my knowledge of history, and net sources.
Uzès
The Papal Bull as announced here.
What was as I believe mentioned to me was this statement:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have committed nothing. Nothing as stated by the above. This gave rise to confusion until I browsed another related part.
The Malleus Maleficarum.
Here, I compared what was given and myself. The only conclusion I can ascertain is the same conclusion I saw was wrong with the other witch trials proceeding such:
Women were persecuted due to their liberal nature (Yea, sexism was rife at this time. Gender-roles were more upheld and expected back then, and during this time any deviation from the norm caused more than suspicion).

...And I was being very liberal, as far as I see it.

...But I'm confused on the relation of all of it. Uzes is in France while most of the related ideas in the first day pertain to Germany. If it was generalized into Europe, that also makes sense..but I can't grasp it right now.

Heh… I think you are looking into this a bit too deeply! The reason you were lynched is because we voted for you and declared you a witch. The priest was simply the judge over the proceedings while we were the jury. Whatever he said to you though, probably isn't of vital importance.

However since you brought it up, I highly doubt that it was the fact that you were being liberal alone. You didn't cry. I cannot recall where I read this, but they believed that women who didn't cry at their trials were witches automatically. The fact that they didn't show fear with tears was considered damning. The fact that you were dragged in front of everyone, had a rock strike your face, was yanked up to the inquisitors face, and still had the audacity to spit in defiance was pretty well damning. It's no wonder that they believe you are a witch really. Even a normal woman can't be expected to have that much endurance!

Toaster:

Birdy/Tiruin:

This is an excellent question and worthy of checking with LNCP over.

Judging by her answer... I think she has checked with LNCP.

She claimed to have no memory pre and post death regarding what he said. To be perfectly honest, with the consideration that she was gutted a few seconds later, I'm willing to forgive her for not remembering!

With that finished... I am fully against having a repeat performance of last night's lynch. I oppose any idea that involves lynching Tiruin.  Her role has already flipped once for the sake of information and paranoia. Let that be enough. Our goal is not to kill Third-Parties over and over, our goal is to kill witches. To do that, we need to look elsewhere for people to lynch. Killing her again achieves absolutely nothing.

Further, I believe her claim that she can help the Town. All she needs to do is ensure this Death Shaman doesn't win. All we need to do is eliminate the witches. It is my belief that these two goals can coexist. This isn't Toon Mafia, where the Third Parties needed to keep the scum around long enough to win.

We have characters such as NQT and Toonyman that might warrant protection, protection which Tiruin would be able to provide.

There is a lot of mystery involved in this matter, but I am willing to put  faith into the idea that Tiruin  won't go out of her way screw over the Town in a fantastic murder plot. The fact that someone or something took her eye only reinforces my thoughts on the matter.

If I can help it, she's staying alive.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

However since you brought it up, I highly doubt that it was the fact that you were being liberal alone. You didn't cry. I cannot recall where I read this, but they believed that women who didn't cry at their trials were witches automatically. The fact that they didn't show fear with tears was considered damning. The fact that you were dragged in front of everyone, had a rock strike your face, was yanked up to the inquisitors face, and still had the audacity to spit in defiance was pretty well damning. It's no wonder that they believe you are a witch really. Even a normal woman can't be expected to have that much endurance!
*cough*
You try being given a dream, realizing stuff of higher power, acting like a prophet to the people, and being struck down by the very people you try to preach to.

See how that feels?

...And I attribute the last sentence to sexism. :I What I was, there, was determined.

With that finished... I am fully against having a repeat performance of last night's lynch. I oppose any idea that involves lynching Tiruin.  Her role has already flipped once for the sake of information and paranoia. Let that be enough. Our goal is not to kill Third-Parties over and over, our goal is to kill witches. To do that, we need to look elsewhere for people to lynch. Killing her again achieves absolutely nothing.

Further, I believe her claim that she can help the Town. All she needs to do is ensure this Death Shaman doesn't win. All we need to do is eliminate the witches. It is my belief that these two goals can coexist. This isn't Toon Mafia, where the Third Parties needed to keep the scum around long enough to win.

We have characters such as NQT and Toonyman that might warrant protection, protection which Tiruin would be able to provide.

There is a lot of mystery involved in this matter, but I am willing to put  faith into the idea that Tiruin  won't go out of her way screw over the Town in a fantastic murder plot. The fact that someone or something took her eye only reinforces my thoughts on the matter.

If I can help it, she's staying alive.
Tiruin nearly faints.

Someone's reading. Joy!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Leafsnail: I now understand why you think I would be a logical recruit for your theoretical cult, the fact that I have not been recruited (can't prove this to anyone else as far as I know, but if you have a litmus test for me then go ahead), signals to me that you're missing something. For the sake of argument, could you please pretend that you are the cult leader, and your theory is correct. who would you pick to recruit last night and why? if your choice is me, could you please also list off your second choice and why?
You'd be reasonably high on the list - the RPing would allow a better replica to be constructed.  I'd probably just ignore that factor and convert ToonyMan though since he seemed to have the most goodwill coming out of day one.

LS: are you stupid? Yes, you are. If I had stopped making clothes (of which I still have no indication in my flavour), I wouldn't have unfinished ones lying at home. Unfinished clothes means they weren't finished and I fail to see how you may be too stupid to hammer that into your stupid head.
I thought NQT's accusation was that you'd suddenly gone from making professional quality clothes to amateurish shit you couldn't finish, before the game actually started.  Have you established whether it's true with LNCP yet?  If it's not true why aren't you voting NQT for lying?  You're calling NQT stupid a lot, but you haven't actually established what your defence is.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

extend was day supposed to end already?

Toony: yeah I was. Sometimes its cold and my fingers aren't accurate.

Birdy: you're trusting Tiruin way too much. In fact that even starts to become buddying. Also is plague mentioned in your flavor? who do you think are witches?

LS: I think you should look over the past games. Previously the witches took body-snatched ppl before the game started.

LNCP: why are the ppl needing replaces voting?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 22, 2013, 10:56:36 pm »

Votecount:
Dariush  - 6 -  notquitethere, zombie urist, Leafsnail, Lenglon, IronyOwl, Tiruin
IronyOwl  - 0 - 
Griffinpup  - 1 -  Toaster
Leafsnail  - 0 - 
Lenglon  - 0 - 
notquitethere  - 1 -  Okami no Rei
Okami no Rei  - 0 - 
birdy51  - 0 - 
Tiruin  - 2 -  Dariush, griffinpup
Toaster  - 1 -  ToonyMan
Toonyman  - 0 - 
Vector  - 0 - 
zombie urist  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 2 -  birdy51, Vector
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 4 -  Lenglon, Tiruin, ToonyMan, zombie urist
Shorten  - 0 - 

Whoops, yes.

There have been enough extensions cast to extend the day though.

Given the lack of deadline reminders in recent votecounts, I shall, by the powers vested in me as co-mod, extend the day, despite that technically it should be over.

As always, shortens remain an option if the extension is unwanted.

The day has been extended to Saturday, the 24th of August, 8pm GMT.

Four votes required to extend. Seven to shorten. Three extensions remain.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 02:12:53 am by Jim Groovester »
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mod: Is the most recent votecount correct?

Toony: yeah I was. Sometimes its cold and my fingers aren't accurate.

Birdy: you're trusting Tiruin way too much. In fact that even starts to become buddying. Also is plague mentioned in your flavor? who do you think are witches?
Buddying? Where I see it, he's just stating his opinion--if you meant buddying to me, then I hold everyone at neutral value...except for those I suspect. Buddying in this sense generally associates two people trying to get at even terms to lessen any kind of suspicion or cozy up to each other.

No effect on me. Plus, you already know who I am, so that's more of a note here.

How is it buddying for you?

EDIT:

Ok, either someone is messing up with the votecounts (votemanipulator stuff), or Vector can vote even without posting it in game.

And that someone wants me out, huh. Interesting.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

I suspect the votecount is inaccurate. lurkertracker returns Vector's most recent vote as being on you Tiruin, but that vote is from yesterday.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Votecount has been corrected.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 23, 2013, 06:16:43 am »

Birdy
[snip]
Well, I'm glad you're not continuing Ottofar's bizarre play. You can hold off on the family stuff for now, you've confirmed that there's something of interest there (which I knew). I'm concerned about being night killed, so I'll probably reveal details before the end of the day.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Tiruin
What makes you doubt the possibility of a scum-aligned flavor cop? And what is the general point of a town flavor cop, given your reasoning?
Scum don't care about the setting details of the town they kill— they're concerned with killing dangerous players. A town flavour cop finds out information about players which link them to the setting and can reveal secrets that may hint at alignment.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 84