Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 200940 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D2: 12/13]
« Reply #570 on: August 19, 2013, 03:24:42 pm »

pfp cuz im not scum
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 19, 2013, 03:32:40 pm »

pfp cuz im not scum
Does that mean a witch?  Or a malevolent third-party, like, a Death Shaman that Tiruin must have been warning?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 19, 2013, 07:37:10 pm »

There is a further benefit of having at least one person not claim that I haven't mentioned yet.

NQT: What is my role flavour?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 19, 2013, 08:54:57 pm »

Griffinpup:  Where is that content you said was coming?

Toony:
ugh come on guys

What did you mean by this?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 19, 2013, 09:49:45 pm »

low on time, real post later:
NQT: DO NOT claim all of Leaf's flavor. claim one fact that is unlikely to be guessed randomly, do not claim ANYTHING else about him yet.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D1: 13/13]
« Reply #575 on: August 20, 2013, 01:35:30 am »

Everyone
The more information we have the better. If Tiruin had been more forthcoming and clearer sooner she might have avoided being lynched. Still, her death gives us useful intelligence: amongst us there is a death shaman. If anyone has anything they want to share, go ahead.

Cases:
Dariush and Ottofar played atrociously yesterday, with Dariush actively ignoring everything I said.
Tiruin said she was out to protect her opposite and she warded Toonyman. This would strongly imply that Toony is the Death Shaman.

Toaster and Toony
Yeah, I figured that's what you meant. I assume you're an inquisitor, then?
That would be the obvious conclusion, yes.

NQT: Care claiming who you inspected N0?
You never answered Toaster, who did you inspect N0 and now N1?
Unfortunately, I couldn't do any investigation N0. Last night I investigated Leafsnail, Ottofar and Dariush. The latter two didn't lie about their names and professions. This is only the first round of investigations and a closer look at any of them will turn up more.

Lenglon
low on time, real post later:
NQT: DO NOT claim all of Leaf's flavor. claim one fact that is unlikely to be guessed randomly, do not claim ANYTHING else about him yet.
Why not?

Leafsnail
NQT: What is my role flavour?
I'm holding off on all the details, Martin, until I get an answer from Lenglon. I know your full name and profession. I've seen your dyed grey blanket and what you keep in your cart. That should be enough to show I'm telling the truth.

Okami
Did you grow up in a monastery? Do you know your family?

Dariush
Why does your work lie unfinished on the bench? Where have you been for the last few days? Where are your apprentices?Why have you prospered in this time of great suffering?

You tried to get me lyched yesterday, deaf to my reasoning. You have only furnished us with reasons to hang you today.

Toonyman
I'm a spirit bound with only one goal. To search for my polar opposite. To bind him by keeping him alive. And to survive--my everything is directed at only benevolent intent, and as a side, I was geared to use it on any mislynch, ever.
Tiruin casts her ward at ToonyMan.

ToonyMan has been Warded!l
Are you Tiruin's opposite? Are you magical? Are you a death shaman? Why would Tiruin think you were?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 20, 2013, 01:50:06 am »

Well, witches will probably turn out to not be the main threat, but some other magic users will. In the first game we had a wizard with a golem, next we had elves, now I won't be surprised if we have druids with shamans and spirits of the dead people from the previous games or something.
What do you know about shamans?

Does that mean a witch?  Or a malevolent third-party, like, a Death Shaman that Tiruin must have been warning?
Both.

NQT: Why did you inspect the ppl you inspected?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 20, 2013, 02:53:47 am »

ZU
NQT: Why did you inspect the ppl you inspected?
Dariush and Ottofar had proved themselves untrustworthy by persisting in their unsustainable cases against me right until the end. Leafsnail hadn't claimed at all. They were obvious choices. I'd have investigated everyone though if I could.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 20, 2013, 03:12:46 am »

Leafsnail
How wealthy would you say you were?

LNCP
Common knowledge check: is there any usual reason, other than just personal taste, why someone would dye wool grey?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 20, 2013, 03:16:22 am »

LNCP
Common knowledge check: is there any usual reason, other than just personal taste, why someone would dye wool grey?

Not that I know of.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 20, 2013, 05:52:41 am »

Lenglon
Why not?
because you can't catch someone in a lie if they haven't claimed anything yet. by telling him what you know you also tell him what he can't afford to lie about. claiming one fact proves you aren't lying about your inspect, claiming more makes it easier to evade your questions. be careful about how you phrase your questions btw, or you'll give away what you know when you ask them.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 20, 2013, 11:59:59 am »

NQT: did anybody tell you you're stupid? Apart from roughly a million times that I know of, that is. Did you really expect me to continue working on clothing during the witchhunt? I don't have any apprentices. I have prospered because I wasn't suffering until you appeared in my life.

Claim LS's flavour. Now. Then we'll se if he'll confirm it. I have absolutely no reason to believe you didn't just fakeclaim at the last possible moment to save your worthless hide otherwise.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 20, 2013, 12:17:26 pm »

Dar, he already claimed three key parts of it, it is Leaf's turn to claim, not NQT's.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 20, 2013, 12:19:38 pm »

Leafsnail: Keep your word and claim please. NQT has proven himself, now it is time for you to prove yourself.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 20, 2013, 12:29:57 pm »

Wow seriously Dariush? Did you read the posts since day start? Doesn't what he said about your flavor confirm him, especially since you confirmed them? Also answer my question.

Well, witches will probably turn out to not be the main threat, but some other magic users will. In the first game we had a wizard with a golem, next we had elves, now I won't be surprised if we have druids with shamans and spirits of the dead people from the previous games or something.
What do you know about shamans?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 84