Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 201056 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D1: 13/13]
« Reply #540 on: August 16, 2013, 02:35:31 am »

ZU
I'm setting aside all points based on the wincon claims because Lenglon claimed hers before anyone else and anyone could have seen it.
I forgot about that and I went back and looked and you're absolutely right. He knew the word elimination was significant, but perhaps only because that's what Lenglon had claimed (and town-elimination may be the specific goal of the witches).

Leafsnail
However, I believe your reasoning contains a fundamental flaw. If you think this wincon stating is such iron proof of towniness, why are you voting me when I clearly demonstrated knowledge of the town wincon in my question to Ottofar? Can you explain what I could've been asking with that question if I didn't know the wincon? If wincon stating isn't proof of towniness, why did you mark yourself and Ottofar as confirmed town?
I've reread your question a few times to Ottofar and basically it rests on killing third-parties not being a town wincon. What you forget is that there are at least three possible pro-town roles (reread the OP) that may have slightly different wincons.

But, what ZU has said is true: Lenglon used 'elimination' first so my reason for changing my mind about Ottofar has gone.  I always try to be open to the possibility that I may be wrong, and at the time the evidence compelled me to unvote Ottofar despite his scummy behavior. If you honestly can't see town doing that then you've got a serious failure of imagination.

And sure, this game features some setting elements. However, it's a mafia game first. Getting obsessed with the setting when we don't actually have any useful information to go off with it is timewasting at best. Today's lynch is not going to be based on flavour claiming at all, and if that's the case then I don't see any reason to claim.
I think we have two very very different ideas about what this game is about. It's not just some setting elements, the setting and mechanics are intrinsically linked. In refusing to claim these basic things you are signalling to town that you should be investigated and, if you're not a witch, you're telling the witches that you are a potential threat. Are you deliberately trying to monopolise night-time attention? The background details have already given fruitful information. For one Lenglon's claim has made me inclined to trust her. But you say you'll softclaim day 2, so I'll hold you to that.

Up until this point, you were calling Ottofar scum. Yet you are prepared to completely change your tune once he mentions the word "elimination". Several questions arise:
1. Why did you declare him to be confirmed town before even checking whether the mafia could access the town wincon, or thinking about whether it might be possible to guess it? Did you not consider that quoting a word like that could be modkillable?
2. Why did you then switch to me, in spite of the fact that I demonstrated knowledge of the wincon before you came out and stated it?
3. If you rate wincon hunting so highly, why did you decide to scupper it by publically posting the general gist of the town win condition in return for a totally useless question?

Here is a story which I think explains your actions.

The scum wincon probably involves eliminating townies. You saw my ominous question, and worked out the gist of it by referring to your own wincon and possibly Toon Mafia (which had something similar). You then came up with a plan to "confirm" yourself and Ottofar.

Do you have an alternate version of events?
1. I definitely got caught up in the elimination realisation (I reread my own wincon and suddenly realised why Ottofar and Lenglon were making a big deal out of the word 'elimination'). I always try to be fair and it suddenly seemed like I'd been wrong about Ottofar. The concerns about modkilling and asking the mod for the town wincon simply didn't occur to me in the moment. Now I'm back to being unsure, which is my natural state.
2. But you didn't. You didn't use the keyword and Lenglon had already said her wincon only mentioned witches. This doesn't clear you in the slightest.
3. I don't think it was such a useless question: I was thinking of the claim chain in Toon Mafia and I wondered if Tiruin claiming would spark off another chain like that. That's what I was looking for.

If you'll recall, if it weren't for extensions, mine and Ottofar's votes on each other would have got one or other of us killed. We're not really a plausible scumteam.

What happened is all game Ottofar has tunneled me with a shifting bogus case that he's inadequately defended, never actively questioning anyone else. I've been calling him out on this until he makes the elimination wording point which at the time I couldn't see scum as being able to know, so I unvote him. He's still a lazy little git and continues trying to get me lynched regardless for reasons that are increasingly unclear.

I've gone over this in my head and I can't see how you could be scum thinking Ottofar town and still expect your trap to work, unless you're both witches which is a bit of a stretch, so despite the fact that you could have got the wincon info from Lenglon, I can't see how you can be a witch now. (Despite my earlier threat, I'm not going to behold myself to things said in a fit of righteousness.) I'll holding you to the claim tomorrow (if I'm alive). Unvote.

Tiruin
Lenglon, ZU, NQT, ToonyMan, IronyOwl : You five out of the total audience have stated insight and/or interest towards this debate here, what is your read and view on this?
Well, the previous experience of the LNCP games suggests 3rd parties are more likely malicious, and even without being the lynch target you're flipping out majorly. Plus, you decided to claim 3rd party but have little interest in trying to convince anyone that you're benign. I don't think you're a witch and town's primary objective is witch killing hwnce why I'm not voting for you at the moment.

And now my cynical side is saying you're copying Toaster's stubbornness in getting ideas and making me really want to snark at you. Did you miss the point where I said the difference lies in how and not the matter that you're questioning me?

...I don't even get why you're now appealing to the 'like/dislike' my questioning, because it's all coming off as you twisting words and words without getting straight to a point.

Next: That wasn't a question, it was a statement. It came off as an opinion, and I didn't poke at it because I didn't think it was important to do so.

But I'm seeing a lapse of information now that I get to the root of it.
Also you omitted the point about magic which makes me think you're something magical.
Omitted what point about magic?
I'm not copying anything, I'm asking you questions and you're overreacting. I asked you whether you had the magic keyword in your role and you ignored it, which made me suspicious. Are you magical?

Well, let me explain in this thread how I'm touchy ABOUT THAT MATTER. It's great enough for you to use as frickin' evidence to others as something to base upon. It hurt me, deeply. It hurt me as a player and as a person. Where I saw it, makes me think that you didn't care enough to read on what the person says and just generalize said person as a statement you could use.
[...]
It feels like you've something else against me that you aren't saying in public.

What are you hiding, NQT?
But I never used this against you. I simply said that you claimed 3rd party when asked about wincons, which is true. I wasn't spreading rumours or saying anything malicious or building a case against you (in any thread). I was simply stating something that had happened. I think it's possible that your sensitivity about being talked about has led you to overreacting here. I'm not out to get you or judging you unfairly. I'm sorry for upsetting you, I didn't mean to effect you personally. I definitely definitely don't have anything against you.

Why did you claim anyway?

Okami
notquitethere - Tonight is my last chance to post before the day ends, so this is my vote to lynch (I won't be home from work tomorrow until 2300 GMT).  I agree that NQT and Ottofar are probable scumbuddies.
This makes no sense whatsoever and is an opinion only a liar or someone who had not actually been keeping up with the thread could hold. We'll have strong words if I'm still alive tomorrow.

Lenglon
I'm pretty sure you're town based on your initial claim and the subsequent elimination drama, so I'm going to try to explain things very carefully here: Ottofar was very scummy so I was voting for him. New evidence came to light which suggested that Ottofar couldn't be scum (he knew the exact wincon phrase), so I voted Leafsnail who was intent on getting Ottofar lynched despite seeming to be confirmed, and who was suspicious for refusing to engage with the setting. Now however, as of this very post, I have changed my mind again:

The reliability of Ottofar's confirmation has come under serious doubt, but also so has the reliability of Leafsnail's supposed trap. Still, I can't see how a witch-Leafsnail could have hoped the trap to work against a player who could have been town, hence why I have now unvoted. Do you see where I'm coming from here? I think it's okay to change long-held convictions in light of new evidence.

All my reads need to be reassessed in light of new realisations. I'll be watching and responding to things on the forum for about the next 7 hours if anyone wants to ask me anything. I'm putting my vote on Dariush for the time being as it's impossible to interpret his play as pro-town. Anyone disbelieves me, just read his posts, especially the further the day proceeds. Oh and big D, this exposes me to a lynch, so there goes your last bullshit argument.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 16, 2013, 04:59:05 am »

Lenglon: "So you've got major suspects..and fall for the one that is 'on a likely basis' compared to those you marked as scum?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 16, 2013, 06:07:55 am »

Replace in, lurk for two days.

I'm off to an awesome start.

NQT:
What do you think of Deathsword's play? Also can you answer this please:

Is your wincon to kill all witches?
I haven't read any of it and yes.

Oppose extension: Ottofar's play has repeatedly confirmed him as anti-town, while Tiruin has claimed benevolent 3rd party without giving compelling reasons why we should believe her. If there's a tie at day's end, I'll be around to break it.
How do you feel about this stance now? Are you of the opinion that we should kill Tiruin at some point?

Speaking of which, pardon my scatterbrainedness but what was your case on Leafsnail previously? I know you were asked how Leaf could be scum when he was using the same wincon wording as Ottofar who was confirmed town at the time, but I didn't notice your answer as to how it made sense at the time.

Lenglon:
@Irony: apparently in previous Witch's Coven games, out of town == third party. I am from out of town. I am not third-party. as for the others, we haven't had any evidence for or against them matching up with past patterns. I suppose it's fully possible I'm reading too much into a single pattern break.
Irony: what abilities did witches have in previous Witch's Coven games?
Alright then.

Traditionally, not much. Groovester mentioned how they didn't even have a kill in the first one, I forget what they could do in the second.

In LNCP games in general I do belive they've been a bit more fortunate. The game I linked featured scum with a kill, for instance.

Leafsnail:
Fakeedit: missed one
Leafsnail, why do you think NQT is town?
I don't anymore because his championing of himself and Ottofar as town is really odd.  Previously I did because what he was doing seemed to match my previous experiences of him as town and I thought a bandwagon like that was unlikely to form against a mafia member.
What is it about championing himself and Ottofar as town that was able to swing that when ruining your trap wasn't?

Tiruin:
Lenglon, ZU, NQT, ToonyMan, IronyOwl : You five out of the total audience have stated insight and/or interest towards this debate here, what is your read and view on this?
"Complicated."

Intellectually, I don't like the notion that you're pro-town anti-witch third party. I think that's bullshit. I'm also suspicious of your claims at a "higher threat." Not the notion that there is one; I've already stated that if there even are witches in this game, they're probably not very dangerous. The notion that a third party is directly opposed to them, able to warn us about them (but not too much!), and benevolent to town is what I don't like.

That said, I don't like the votes on you. I think it's lazy, and I think you can still be useful to us. I also don't think it's implausible that you can be anti-town but also anti-things-that-are-also-anti-town. See: Me and Dariush in one of the previous WCs. Serial killer golem vs serial killer wizard, as I recall.

So I don't want you dead now and I don't know when I will want you dead. I doubt your conversations are going anywhere and I wish the people voting you had more than "third party = dead." Vector has what might be a fair point with regards to withholding information, and to be blunt I do think you're bullshitting us on that one, but LNCP games are complex enough that it might be true.

Also, I know it was asked but I didn't see you answer it. Why did you protect Toony?

Dariush:
Oh, NQT claimed confirmed town?

Seriously, how does that matter at all? Since when it is possible for someone to simply announce they are confirmed town, especially when they are extremely likely scum?
Why is this something you don't care about rather than something you're picking apart to show that he's scum? He did have some rationale behind it, after all.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 16, 2013, 06:31:50 am »

Ironyowl
What do you think of Deathsword's play?
I haven't read any of it
I strongly suggest reading the game. If you're really so strapped for time, at least read the posts your predecessor made-- there's only about 5 of them.

How do you feel about this stance now? Are you of the opinion that we should kill Tiruin at some point?
I've come full circle on Ottofar and now would probably once again think him reasonable to lynch (for his abysmal tunneling alone). Tiruin is mighty suspicious. I'm awaiting some answers and depending on what I hear I'd be willing to support her lynch.

Speaking of which, pardon my scatterbrainedness but what was your case on Leafsnail previously? I know you were asked how Leaf could be scum when he was using the same wincon wording as Ottofar who was confirmed town at the time, but I didn't notice your answer as to how it made sense at the time.
No, the thing is there are two elements: Leaf showed the aim of the town wincon, while Ottofar knew the specific wording and later said that despite his desire to lynch 3rd parties he was out to eliminate witches.

Also note that I didn't personally announce myself confirmed town, though Ottofar announced himself. This is Dariush just not reading the thread or making up shit again.

Ottofar— seriously, what is the rationale for your continued vote? You're seriously starting to swing back to scum territory, especially now ZU pointed out that Lenglon used the elimination phrase way back at the beginning of the game.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 16, 2013, 06:43:27 am »

Also, I know it was asked but I didn't see you answer it. Why did you protect Toony?
ZU
Tiruin: [...] Why did you ward Toonyman?
[...]He's the Viscount, is the most superficial thought that came to mind. And nobody claimed otherwise--will expound later.
...Well, the expounding goes as follows:
> He's the Viscount. Nobody claimed otherwise. Meaning unless I'm getting things thoroughly screwed, he's town and/or third-party who cares for the people.
> His vote patterns and the essence of his posts. While I may disagree on some points, he seems sincere--much like other players, though the first point takes priority. A man of importance who wants to protect the people? Must be important.

On a thought-in-the-back-of-my-mind, I wanted to see the reactions from people there. While I can either PM the note or state it out loud, I wondered what would happen if I did the latter.

So I don't want you dead now and I don't know when I will want you dead. I doubt your conversations are going anywhere and I wish the people voting you had more than "third party = dead." Vector has what might be a fair point with regards to withholding information, and to be blunt I do think you're bullshitting us on that one, but LNCP games are complex enough that it might be true.
Yeah, I get how it's BS'ing from an onlooker's PoV, but I've done the thinking and decided to throw it out, get reactions, and discern points and posts. I asked LNCP along the line regarding Role stuff and I'm pretty much unsure even after all that.

...And I think you missed the point wherein I asked your insight on me and Toaster, but you got the general idea.

I don't like the notion that you're pro-town anti-witch third party
"My skills seem to say otherwise. Take it with a grain of salt and a slab of loaf and butter. Light that torch later on."

On that note, I just love how people deconstruct the mod instead of thinking it out. Just saying. >__> To a newbie to his games, it's totally irrelevant.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 16, 2013, 07:03:17 am »

NQT:
Ironyowl
What do you think of Deathsword's play?
I haven't read any of it
I strongly suggest reading the game. If you're really so strapped for time, at least read the posts your predecessor made-- there's only about 5 of them.
Any particular reason why?

On reading Deathsword's posts:

-Decent RVS/early stage. Not really enough time to do much.
-Seemed a bit angry at a few parts.
-Valid point calling you out on claiming towniness by virtue of your scumbuddies not bailing you out. Pity he didn't really do anything with it.

This has also gotten me to notice something else:

Did we ever go over how Toony is supposedly "not fond of hunting witches" or similar?

I've come full circle on Ottofar and now would probably once again think him reasonable to lynch (for his abysmal tunneling alone). Tiruin is mighty suspicious. I'm awaiting some answers and depending on what I hear I'd be willing to support her lynch.
I meant more the fact that your course of action here has gone from "Let's lynch the confirmed scum" to "Wait shit I nearly quicklynched a confirmed townie" to "Eh." That give you any sense of regret or mistake-making or what?

No, the thing is there are two elements: Leaf showed the aim of the town wincon, while Ottofar knew the specific wording and later said that despite his desire to lynch 3rd parties he was out to eliminate witches.
So you just completely forgot about his question/trap or never bothered to figure out how it worked or what? I'm trying to figure out how, at the time, it made sense, even when you used information you had at the time to realize that couldn't be so later on.

Tiruin:
ZU
Tiruin: [...] Why did you ward Toonyman?
[...]He's the Viscount, is the most superficial thought that came to mind. And nobody claimed otherwise--will expound later.
...Well, the expounding goes as follows:
> He's the Viscount. Nobody claimed otherwise. Meaning unless I'm getting things thoroughly screwed, he's town and/or third-party who cares for the people.
> His vote patterns and the essence of his posts. While I may disagree on some points, he seems sincere--much like other players, though the first point takes priority. A man of importance who wants to protect the people? Must be important.

On a thought-in-the-back-of-my-mind, I wanted to see the reactions from people there. While I can either PM the note or state it out loud, I wondered what would happen if I did the latter.
Ah, I see now.

Do you think Toony's role is especially important or helpful to the town in some fashion, or just more likely to be town-aligned? Is there some reason he couldn't be a vampire masquerading as the viscount or similar?

...And I think you missed the point wherein I asked your insight on me and Toaster, but you got the general idea.
That was largely what I was thinking of when claiming your conversations probably weren't going anywhere and I wish they had better reasoning than "third party = dead."

I don't think I have strong opinions on it otherwise, though. I haven't been able to read as deeply as I'd like into that conversation.

I don't like the notion that you're pro-town anti-witch third party
"My skills seem to say otherwise. Take it with a grain of salt and a slab of loaf and butter. Light that torch later on."
A point in your favor, certainly, but a hostile with a protect is still extremely viable.

On that note, I just love how people deconstruct the mod instead of thinking it out. Just saying. >__> To a newbie to his games, it's totally irrelevant.
Well, you can't blame us for trying to use the information we've got. A lot of this talk about such and such being scummy is kind of out of nowhere for me, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have merit, just that I'm not familiar with it because I wasn't around for it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 16, 2013, 07:17:12 am »

Ah, I see now.

Do you think Toony's role is especially important or helpful to the town in some fashion, or just more likely to be town-aligned? Is there some reason he couldn't be a vampire masquerading as the viscount or similar?
I do think so, yes. More likely to be town-aligned..err, how does this factor in? I've checked his posts and it's coming off less scummy than those I recently covered.

The latter...No, that never passed my mind. I didn't think of those concepts at all.

Well, you can't blame us for trying to use the information we've got. A lot of this talk about such and such being scummy is kind of out of nowhere for me, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have merit, just that I'm not familiar with it because I wasn't around for it.
I'm not blaming anyone for that notion, but am poking--I'm prodding--those who seem suspicious in using that notion as a point against me. Merit comes to those who can explain their points, and information in this context is..rightfully deadly. I've no other way to talk about that matter than to say such.

But the point I was prodding there was people using metaknowledge 'Oh so and so happened before, who's to say it isn't happening again?' because it falls on the Appeal to Ignorance. Rather a mighty point here as the defendant who claims to have information against the point only knows about it herself, and it cannot be proven until further on..or the lynch, yeah. But I asked LNCP on that point...unsure whether to say it OP doesn't say anything, but what I asked is what would be revealed at the lynch:

No flavor or context or abilities, as far as I can read into three words.

If I could relate it: this is what I told Vector right before..
But you'll learn nothing from my death if that's your only valid point other than who I am.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 16, 2013, 09:24:26 am »

Lenglon: "So you've got major suspects..and fall for the one that is 'on a likely basis' compared to those you marked as scum?"
I don't really want to be voting for NQT right now, but I'm looking at the day end rapidly approaching and I really don't want a 3-way tie. Of the three up for lynch - You, NQT, Leafsnail - He is the most viable.

I agree with you that Toaster is likely scum, but I don't see a lynch forming on him during the last few hours of the day as likely. otherwise I'd be voting him right now.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 16, 2013, 09:57:44 am »

Owl
Did we ever go over how Toony is supposedly "not fond of hunting witches" or similar?
Yeah, he said that that was just his character— he claims that his wincon is still to eliminate witches. 

I meant more the fact that your course of action here has gone from "Let's lynch the confirmed scum" to "Wait shit I nearly quicklynched a confirmed townie" to "Eh." That give you any sense of regret or mistake-making or what?
Yes, a sense that I nearly made a very bad choice, and now a feeling that maybe it wouldn't have been so bad a choice. Unless Ottofar flips I don't really know how I should feel about this.

So you just completely forgot about his question/trap or never bothered to figure out how it worked or what? I'm trying to figure out how, at the time, it made sense, even when you used information you had at the time to realize that couldn't be so later on.
A fair question. Basically, I understood where his trap was going after he had such a hissy fit over me supposedly messing it up (which conveniently guaranteed that it would mess up), but the full ramifications of what that would mean for different people's alignments only occured to me afterwards.

Tiruin
Are you going to get to the two outstanding questions I asked you before deadline or are you asleep now?

Lenglon
I'm online now if you want to work together to avoid a tie. I'm pretty sure you're town and if you've paid attention to my play this game you'll know I am too. If you remain on my lynch I'll be forced to end the game in a tie with Tiruin. My top scum pick is Dariush. Either Ottofar is scum and Leafsnail town, they're both town or they're both scum. Ottofar's play today has been horrendous. Okami's play is incredibly lazy and Tiruin is a known unknown.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 16, 2013, 09:59:05 am »

Tiruin:
2.  Not pictured:  You pointing out this supposed lie of mine.
..Toaster for confirmed scum.

Read this and weep.

Okay, I'll grant that I did miss that post of yours, because at that point I was sick of reading your continuous rehashes of the same points and simply didn't have the time to waste on it.  But I'll grant that you did point something out.

On the other hand, I had to read it several times to figure out what the heck you were trying to say.

Let me sum it up this way:  I don't really care about your defense of NQT.  I care about NQT's defense of NQT.  He's the key issue, though:  I don't make a point of this post until later, here.  I even stated that I had missed it the first time.  He responds to me in the very next post, here.  That is the clarification that he did that I am referring to.  Trying to tell me you clarified this for me and not him is simply not true.

Yes, my case on you boils down to "You are third party and therefore I want to lynch you.  Third parties pretty much never have the town's interest at heart, and are therefore not friends."  If our roles were reversed, I'd expect you to be gunning for my lynch on this point.  It's worth noting that your case for not being lynched is basically "trust me."

I'm done arguing with you.  There's other scum to find.

Lenglon:
As for why random-kills are technically slightly pro-town, that is because that being the case is mandatory for a day 1 lynch to make sense at all. if a random-kills aren't pro-town, then a day 1 no-lynch is actually a perfectly viable option for the town to choose.

Except D1 lynches aren't (or at least shouldn't be) random.  They're based on the discussions of the day, and leave a pattern of evidence to look back on.

Let me put it this way: let's assume the game started at night (N0).  You are a vig, and have a kill you can use.  Do you?

Also, don't buy into Tiruin's crap.  Read my response above.

I don't see how lynching Tiruin helps us

It's because at best, she's looking to help us only long enough to fill her own wincon.  At worse, she's openly hostile to town or a witch.

Dariush:
Did I mention that she is almost certainly not scum due to having a benevolent power

For the record, this is not true at all.  WC1 witches had a revive that only worked on townies.  Such things as mafia docs exist.

NQT:
All my reads need to be reassessed in light of new realisations. I'll be watching and responding to things on the forum for about the next 7 hours if anyone wants to ask me anything. I'm putting my vote on Dariush for the time being as it's impossible to interpret his play as pro-town. Anyone disbelieves me, just read his posts, especially the further the day proceeds. Oh and big D, this exposes me to a lynch, so there goes your last bullshit argument.

Given you've voted to save yourself at the last minute before, why not do so now?  You were town that game, I note.

PPE:  Well, that answers that question.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 16, 2013, 10:12:45 am »

Unvote.

Replacement request.

Folks, LNCP, I am really sorry about this, but I have been done playing Mafia pretty much since the last time I started up with it again and trying to convince myself that it wasn't so.  Honestly, I just don't have the time, I'm not learning from it anymore, and I wanted to come spend time with my wonderful pals.  So: you'll probably see me around a lot as a mod, but I don't expect to play again.

Thanks again for all the wonderful memories.  I love all y'all.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 16, 2013, 10:43:29 am »

Lenglon
I'm online now if you want to work together to avoid a tie. I'm pretty sure you're town and if you've paid attention to my play this game you'll know I am too. If you remain on my lynch I'll be forced to end the game in a tie with Tiruin. My top scum pick is Dariush. Either Ottofar is scum and Leafsnail town, they're both town or they're both scum. Ottofar's play today has been horrendous. Okami's play is incredibly lazy and Tiruin is a known unknown.
NQT: just because I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt doesn't give you a free pass to play openly as scum. a tie doesn't help the town at all. try to at least die with some grace, ok?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 16, 2013, 10:52:34 am »

ROLE CLAIM

I am a flavour cop.

As such, lynching me would be a really bad idea.

The reason I've been so interested in the setting and so suspicious of Leafsnail for not claiming his name and profession.

I implicitly claimed it to Toaster knowing he'd played this role in both previous witch games.

This isn't something I'm just making up on the spot; I breadcrumbed it over a week ago, even before Dariush voted me. Read the first letter of the second word in each sentence:

[Tiruin, if and when you read the thread you'll see that I've already explained several times why this information is imporant for the town. Rest assured, I'll explain again. The minutiae of the setting are integral to this set up. The chief point of this game is that each player embodies a unique and distinct role. Town ought to tell the truth about their name and profession, as if they are found to be lying about this simple information, then we have grounds for suspicion. The profession and name isn't useful enough to be helpful for witches but can (and hopefully will) be used to catch liars out. These particular kind of lies can be caught out through comparing end and beginning of day messages and the results of town-aligned player's night actions. I expect you've read the OP? So really you should know that this kind of play-style (paying attention to setting details, making inferences etc.) is encouraged.]

It's possible I'm not the only cop here. If there is another one then you will probably also know what's going to happen in 200 years.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 16, 2013, 12:22:14 pm »

Yeah, I figured that's what you meant.  I assume you're an inquisitor, then?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 16, 2013, 12:25:24 pm »

Okay, I'm being asked to keep playing until we get a replacement.

Back to Tiruin it is.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 84