Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 201112 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D1: 13/13]
« Reply #495 on: August 15, 2013, 12:26:42 am »

I was gonna make a bigger post, but then I got tired.

I will however vote Ottofar for being extremely passive.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 15, 2013, 04:08:12 am »

Ottofar is confirmed scum.

Okay, I looked it up and I'll put a sort-of retraction to what I said earlier: I've always considered the rule about quoting to involve people just copy-pasting their powers, flavour or wincon, even if it's a small part. Debate about wording ("eliminate" and "kill") and content is a fringe case, but one I've tolerated in the past.

Obviously none of this applies if whatever he said wasn't in his PM, but even if it was, I'd say it's one I'd tolerate for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 15, 2013, 10:21:36 am »

Hm.

NQT: I'd really love it for YOU to address my questions now, at the moment. Every single one I asked you instead of you playing your own instead.

And on why in the world you're using current events to respond to others in OTHER GAMES, as another note.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 15, 2013, 10:44:58 am »

Dariush: Why are you purposefully ignoring NQT's posts?
Because it was hilarious to see him imitating scumhunting, accusing, being a hypocrite about pretty much every aspect of his accusations, FoSing and frothing at his stupid little mouth, but being unable to unvote the current leader in votes, since that would put him in the lead.

@Dariush:
A more apt observation would be what are you going to do about it?  How is placing my vote on Ottofar the same as him putting a vote on NQT a week ago?
Have anything else to say about the situation or are you disappointed your mislynch got fucked?
NQT is town because that's the impression I get off him.  I don't see how his concerns are anything but benevolent, if awkward.  He's participating far more than you are too.  PPE: He also seems to be aware of the town wincon which Leafsnail is cursing at.
Why are you sticking with Ottofar so much?  Why would you buddy your own scummate...
I was... of rather higher opinion of you before this post. Apparently, you're just another stupid self-important cretin.
1. It is completely identical: a vote on a lurker without any explanation other than to save NQT's ass.
2. Mislynch. So despite NQT being the embodiment of scumminess for the entire game and you not lifting a finger to dispute any part of my case you simply declare him a mislynch. Did he promise you a fu hug? Or maybe a win for your team?
3. His concerns? Like the part where he declared that Toaster would be guaranteed scum if NQT is lynched? Or maybe the part where he actually asked in huge bold font why we aren't voting Ottofar? Yep, totally benevolent and not intended to save his ass in no way whatsoever.
4. Sticking? Er, no. I don't give a fuck about Ottofar. What I do give a fuck about, however, is that the three scum have voted him for the laziest reason ever ('ermahgard hers luhkin') merely so one of them won't get lynched.
Also, I love how you jumped off Ottofar bandwagon (on which you still jumped for no reason) the moment NQT lost a vote. Deeefinitely a behaviour of someone who wishes to see scum dead.
Something I pointed out last time was your lack of content in your last post, and in your following post here you do the exact same thing.  This is one of the largest reasons I voted Vector and now you're doing nothing but ignoring half of what I'm saying, every other player, and this game as a whole.

I'll repeat myself, but what are you contributing to the game?
Oh, that's an easy one. I already vigged two witches, saved a town cop by protecting him and made a scum-aligned third party lose. Didn't I? Oh wait, indeed I didn't, probably because it is D1 (which is being indefinitely extended by stupid fuckholes like you who are afraid of their little scumbuddy NQT getting lynched, but that's beside the point) and literally the only solid thing that happened so far was Tiruin more or less confirming herself to be third party. Thus, my contribution thus far amounts to voting someone I very strongly suspect to be scum and forming cases on several people I strongly to very strongly suspect of being scum.

BTW, nice ignoring of absolutely everything I wrote in the previous post and FoSing me over the one thing I missed. Well, can't say I expected more from a waste of resources like you. Tell me, what are you contributing to the game? (note: defending NQT like he's your baby getting threatened with slow dismemberment doesn't count)

ZU:
So, that's the fourth vote on him, for a remarkably lazy-ass reason at that. Can you indeed say that the best case you've scrounged during the entire day is someone being passive? What happened to your utmost conviction that ONR is scum that you kept up from your very first post of the game?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 15, 2013, 02:28:12 pm »

Leafsnail— You see now that your recent reason for voting doesn't really make sense. He mentioned elimination before anyone else. Frankly, I think you are the witch here. In a game where the setting is of paramount importance you alone have refused to engage in the most rudimentary of ways. You are afraid of incriminating yourself with your name and profession. Barring having to break a tie, my vote is not shifting off of you until I we hear what your name and profession is. Reread the OP or PM the mod: this game is about the setting.

Zombie Urist— You're a long way from Brittany. What brings you so far?

Dariush— It may please you to know that I honestly do not intend to ever play in another game with you. You are an awful player regardless of your alignment, and ultimately, a rather unpleasant person. I'm also pretty sure that you're a witch or malicious 3rd party here, but then again, you might just be being an inconsistent arsehole.

Tiruin
Only, you said you were on an errand from our father AND you also said you were out to stop a non-witch thread. I'm trying to put 2 and 2 together here.

Why did you even claim this early? It's unfathomable. You really don't like me questioning you, and I'm not even voting you. Also you omitted the point about magic which makes me think you're something magical.

'Our'?

@Orange: ...You misinterpret my comment about your questioning and place an I don't like your questioning me, instead?

This is very strange, NQT.
I meant 'your'— it was a typo. Are you saying that you do like my questioning then? If so, then why didn't you answer my mention of magic for the second time running?

NQT: I'd really love it for YOU to address my questions now, at the moment. Every single one I asked you instead of you playing your own instead.

And on why in the world you're using current events to respond to others in OTHER GAMES, as another note.
As I explained in the other thread, I like to point to actual evidence from other games. I wasn't using the info in any way to build a case against anyone. You seem very touchy. Is there anything else you'd like to know?

griffinpup
Why are you accusing me of lurking when I plainly stated that I was going to be gone for an extended period of time? Not only does it make your accusation invalid, it also seems like a jerk move.  The time period of this accusation is also confusing.  I had posted content at least once a day.  Is this unacceptable?
I think in my mind I thought you were coming back sooner so your absence seemed telling. Consider the matter dropped, so long as you contribute soon.

Everyone:
Did I miss anything?
I suggest reading the thread. Big events: Ottofar is probably confirmed town now, Tiruin admits to being 3rd-party, Leafsnail still hasn't given his name and profession, and Dariush openly admits to ignoring me in yet more of his outstanding play.

LNCP— do we know of any Jews or Cathars in the town (historically there were both)? I think I missed it if it was stated, what's the current year? It must be between 1486 and 1492 (between the marriage of the Viscount and the death of the Pope). Oh, and what's the date?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Tiruin:
Why should I insult others and try to aggravate them? That's never in my nature. The one above? Poking at your stupid reason of LYNCH ALL THIRD-PARTIES TROLOLOL.

I'll fully respond to you when I have more time (since your posts are longer and basically just rehashes) but the TL;DR is I'm still voting to see you lynched, and yes, largely because you're third party and third party is bad.

Especially in Witches' Coven.

Actually, I'll throw one at you for now, since it sticks out so hard:

> He's using bad logic and metaknowledge to back up his vote.
> He's using spurious claims (that lie thing I pointed out? Yeah.) to back up his case on me.
> He's not being definite about his case on me, but rather use the fallacy of appealing to ignorance to prod at me.
> Wasting a vote on a third-party mainly because of said metaknowledge without explaining the context WHY he's doing so or why he's believing I claimed in the first place, but coming off from that tangent.

1.  Without metaknowledge, your claim becomes this:  "Hey guys I'm not town but you can totally trust me, okay?"  Answer: no, I don't.
2.  What lie?
3+4:  These are bullshit.  I have been loud and clear about why I am voting you.  I am voting you because you are claimed third party, and third party is very likely bad.  There's other details I've posted that I'm all done repeating myself over.

Zombie Urist:

The irony.  It smells like pond scum.

Griffinpup:  Any time you'd like to actually contribute would be pretty awesome.

Lenglon:
This entire section is a load of crap, plain and simple. I've seen your posting style, read your posts, and I'm having trouble seeing what on earth, the moon, mars, or anything at all under the sun this has to do with reality. however, I'm not all that certain of his scummyness. everyone is entitled to the occasional bout of crazy. I've had plenty of them myself. he's a little on the scummy side, but not all that bad.

Well, it's not so much "Tiruin is scummy because of this" and more "I note this with interest."  I also note that she got pissed off when I mentioned it.  I'll grant that I may have said something to offend her, because emotion isn't really my department, in Mafia or outside it.

B) eliminating third parties will not forward the wincon of eliminating all witches.

If this were a standard game, except you wincon was "Eliminate the mafia and town wins" and there was a serial killer in the game, would you want to get rid of the serial killer?

Lenglon: Hi! How familiar are you with LNCP games? You seem fairly opposed to the notion of third party automatically being dangerous, right?
I am not familiar with them, however I have been paying attention to what has been said about the past games, and I've consistently seen a pattern of patterns from past games being broken. as a result I am wary of assuming that facts from past games carry over into this one. I have yet to see a commonality from a past game proven to be true in this one.

I'm curious what "patterns from past games being broken" you're seeing here.  Also, as far as things proven to be true, you realize it's D1, right?  Pretty much all you have to go by is your own role PM and opening flavor.

@Irony: apparently in previous Witch's Coven games, out of town == third party. I am from out of town. I am not third-party. as for the others, we haven't had any evidence for or against them matching up with past patterns. I suppose it's fully possible I'm reading too much into a single pattern break.

Oh.  Anything besides this, because it wasn't totally true in the past two (maybe the first, but not the second.)

Unvote
-
Ottofar

This is one of those things you should explain.

Ottofar is looking more and more like a lazy wagon.  I need to look at him and the cases (you know, the ones that actually exist) on him in more detail.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 15, 2013, 02:37:03 pm »

@Vector:
And from my point of view if you have an accusation as vague as "I dunno, you just feel off," expecting anything logical back as the reason for this is incredibly stupid.  It's not based on anything I'm doing.  It's not an attack anyone can defend themselves against, so voting without preparation to lynch on those grounds alone is stupid and noobish, if not scummy.
Yes, I am indeed considering not playing Mafia anymore, but I feel like I should stick out whatever I signed up for.  I have plenty mental reserve to play but I don't have any more patience for this ill-thought-out bullshit.
Then maybe you should refrain from talking about your personal problems during a game, it comes off as an emotional appeal weirdly.  You have all of my sympathies, but avoid the personal stuff I would say.

@Tiruin:
@Tiruin:
You cast a ward on me?  What exactly does that entail?
Also, your wincon is to protect somebody?  Is that me?  I don't like your "I don't mind getting lynched by the town" attitude, but your behavior is odd and contrary.
Ward: Protection from magic and other unholy devices. My use of the verb 'cast' in conjunction to it? Not needed, but just me stating 'I do (x) at you!', more of an 'I wonder what would people react to if I said "cast"'. Just like what a guardian angel would do.
Okay.
...And yes. Protect in the terms of 'I don't want you killed/slain/murdered/tainted/done in/kicking the bucket'.
"And no, I'm not saying who it is. Why are you asking me if I'd say who it is?"
Because I find it odd to cast a protect on somebody who isn't your protect target.
Two things wrong:
> I cast my protect on somebody who is my protect target.
> I don't cast my protect on somebody who is my protect target.
The query was
Also, your wincon is to protect somebody?  Is that me?
You wonder why I prodded that with partial sarcasm? Think about it.

"Oh yes Toony, you're my protect target. I really did lie in saying you aren't."

>__>
I see.

I do mind my own death, but am unsure on the repercussions. General repercussions, as it would affect everyone involved. The cases against me..aren't understandable, really. Voting people because they're third-party? That's a run-off cause, and needs expounding. Those who are doing such aren't expounding but bringing in a can of spoiled worms: metaknowledge. If you'd like a point, Toaster speaks about third-parties and if they're benevolent, why aren't they town. I answered to my best knowledge why, but the real answer is if you'd ask the mod what he's thinking.
What do you see about the cases against me, ToonyMan? I detect the presence of that 'Even if' which comes off to me as you subtly inserting your doubt on those cases.
Uh well, Toaster is being lazy (I seem to remember them voting NQT for "almost certainly being third-party" and Vector is being even worse.  Your ward on me could be seen as brownie points (buddying), but buddying one person wouldn't really save you.  Toaster has the best case on you with more facts, Vector has the "off-feeling" bit that she used against me in the opposite manner, heh...I think she also said because you're third-party which would make sense.

I wouldn't vouch for your lynch right now though, I don't think you're a witch.

@Dariush:
@Dariush:
A more apt observation would be what are you going to do about it?  How is placing my vote on Ottofar the same as him putting a vote on NQT a week ago?
Have anything else to say about the situation or are you disappointed your mislynch got fucked?
NQT is town because that's the impression I get off him.  I don't see how his concerns are anything but benevolent, if awkward.  He's participating far more than you are too.  PPE: He also seems to be aware of the town wincon which Leafsnail is cursing at.
Why are you sticking with Ottofar so much?  Why would you buddy your own scummate...
I was... of rather higher opinion of you before this post. Apparently, you're just another stupid self-important cretin.
1. It is completely identical: a vote on a lurker without any explanation other than to save NQT's ass.
2. Mislynch. So despite NQT being the embodiment of scumminess for the entire game and you not lifting a finger to dispute any part of my case you simply declare him a mislynch. Did he promise you a fu hug? Or maybe a win for your team?
3. His concerns? Like the part where he declared that Toaster would be guaranteed scum if NQT is lynched? Or maybe the part where he actually asked in huge bold font why we aren't voting Ottofar? Yep, totally benevolent and not intended to save his ass in no way whatsoever.
4. Sticking? Er, no. I don't give a fuck about Ottofar. What I do give a fuck about, however, is that the three scum have voted him for the laziest reason ever ('ermahgard hers luhkin') merely so one of them won't get lynched.
Also, I love how you jumped off Ottofar bandwagon (on which you still jumped for no reason) the moment NQT lost a vote. Deeefinitely a behaviour of someone who wishes to see scum dead.
Something I pointed out last time was your lack of content in your last post, and in your following post here you do the exact same thing.  This is one of the largest reasons I voted Vector and now you're doing nothing but ignoring half of what I'm saying, every other player, and this game as a whole.
I'll repeat myself, but what are you contributing to the game?
Oh, that's an easy one. I already vigged two witches, saved a town cop by protecting him and made a scum-aligned third party lose. Didn't I? Oh wait, indeed I didn't, probably because it is D1 (which is being indefinitely extended by stupid fuckholes like you who are afraid of their little scumbuddy NQT getting lynched, but that's beside the point) and literally the only solid thing that happened so far was Tiruin more or less confirming herself to be third party. Thus, my contribution thus far amounts to voting someone I very strongly suspect to be scum and forming cases on several people I strongly to very strongly suspect of being scum.
Okay.

BTW, nice ignoring of absolutely everything I wrote in the previous post and FoSing me over the one thing I missed. Well, can't say I expected more from a waste of resources like you. Tell me, what are you contributing to the game? (note: defending NQT like he's your baby getting threatened with slow dismemberment doesn't count)
To be fair, you ignored NQT purposely.  I'm not sure I need to bring into question what I'm contributing, it's self-evident.

Overall, I'm not sure at this point.  If I assume Leafsnail is scum (which I'm heavily inclinded to do), that would light up NQT like a match, and I'd throw Zombie Urist and Lenglon in there for good measure as my scum picks.  This is really ignoring Griffinpup, IronyOwl, and Okami though.

The other side I could see is NQT being town, which makes me see Toaster, Ottofar, and Dariush (and Okami but where are they??) in a worse light.  I doubt it could fully be either of these.

None of these scenarios really count Tiruin since they're almost certainly third-party, and they seem to want to protect me so that's quite good in my favor.

For the time being though, I've decided to put my on vote on Leafsnail.  Even if we assume NQT is scum or town Leafsnail is still acting scummy and I'd like to see his full write-up he has planned.

Other worthy candidates for lynching:
Zombie Urist for his case on NQT and poking/jabbing playstyle.
Toaster and (mainly) Vector for opportunistic lynching and Vector is being a mess and using it as an excuse to not being voted which is bullshiiiiit.
Okami's case on NQT was bizarre and he hasn't been here.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 15, 2013, 02:44:04 pm »

PPE:
@Toaster:
Yeah really, I don't find Zombie Urist and Lenglon's current votes very genuine.

I should add to my reads that ZU switching to Ottofar after his shit on NQT is ridiculous.  Lenglon isn't too hot either, voting Vector for being wishy-washy while being wishy-washy themselves.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 15, 2013, 02:46:15 pm »

Wait, I don't think ZU has ever pushed NQT harshly, it has been mainly Ottofar from what I'm looking back on.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 15, 2013, 02:48:26 pm »

Okay he was awhile ago but it's mainly died down.  I'm sorry for multi-posting like this I usually put it all together first...

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 15, 2013, 03:37:54 pm »

LNCP— do we know of any Jews or Cathars in the town (historically there were both)? I think I missed it if it was stated, what's the current year? It must be between 1486 and 1492 (between the marriage of the Viscount and the death of the Pope). Oh, and what's the date?

The year is 1489.

There are both Jews and Cathars, yes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 15, 2013, 03:52:48 pm »

LNCP-- thanks for the response. If you don't want to give an exact date can you at least confirm the season?

Toaster-- those space cats are dualistic heretics that think the Pope is league with Satan.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 15, 2013, 04:08:23 pm »

Votecount:
Dariush  - 0 - 
IronyOwl  - 0 - 
griffinpup  - 0 - 
Leafsnail  - 3 -  IronyOwl, notquitethere, ToonyMan
Lenglon  - 0 - 
notquitethere  - 2 -  Ottofar, Dariush
Okami No Rei  - 0 - 
Ottofar  - 3 -  Leafsnail, Lenglon, zombie urist
Tiruin  - 2 -  Toaster, Vector
Toaster  - 1 -  Tiruin
ToonyMan  - 0 - 
Vector  - 0 - 
zombie urist  - 1 -  Okami No Rei
-
Not Voting  - 1 -  griffinpup
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

Okami No Rei has been prodded a second time.

The Day has been ends on Friday, the 16th of August, 8PM GMT.

7 votes required to Shorten. No Extends left for the Day.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cathar

Oh, and did I mention there's a Wookie population, too?

LNCP-- thanks for the response. If you don't want to give an exact date can you at least confirm the season?

Summer. About the same time of year this game started.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 15, 2013, 04:11:06 pm »

So, yeah, I'm pretty much a confirmed townie right now, so everyone should probably stop voting me. I don't exactly appreciate Leafsnail pushing me here, but eh.

Also, school started on tuesday. That involves shenanigans, apparently, so I'll proably read this properly on the weekend. If the shenanigans continue after that, I'll request a replacement. Terribly sorry about this.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 84