Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 201201 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D1: 13/13]
« Reply #240 on: August 07, 2013, 08:17:02 am »

OF:
Dariush
I am not. Devoting whole posts and a big part of overall activity to a single person is not 'leaving RVS'.
Giving people something to work on is very much so.
How is trying to paint pretty much the entirety of someone's posts as scummy while ignoring everyone else 'giving people something to work on'?

You could drop a vote on him for that, or look if he's right. See how people react on that. Granted, it's not the best way to exit the RVS, but it still works, to an extent.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 07, 2013, 08:21:30 am »

Lenglon
Ottofar: I'd prefer Vig, even when I've found scum I have trouble arguing my cases well, having a vigkill would allow me to bypass that problem if necessary.

The point of this and similar questions is to find out about the answerer's goals in the game. Your answer, a killing role tells me that you're out for blood. This is suspicious.
Ottofar: riiiiiiight, so aggression is scummy and passivity is townie, clearly I should sit back and do as little as possible. explain yourself please.

Ottofar: you have posted twice thus far, the first time you had one RVS question to me, which you said was your favorite, and was prompted by me directly asking for it, and three RVS questions for NQT, who you voted over an issue unrelated to the questions. the second time you had no questions for anyone. why are you playing so passively?

Tiruin: where are you?

PPE:
ok, three posts now, still no new questions. my question remains unchanged.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 07, 2013, 08:36:28 am »

OF:
Dariush
I am not. Devoting whole posts and a big part of overall activity to a single person is not 'leaving RVS'.
Giving people something to work on is very much so.
How is trying to paint pretty much the entirety of someone's posts as scummy while ignoring everyone else 'giving people something to work on'?
You could drop a vote on him for that, or look if he's right. See how people react on that. Granted, it's not the best way to exit the RVS, but it still works, to an extent.
ZU
Purrrfect thread awareness, especially on topics you're talking about. And yes, I already checked and while isn't technically wrong on any counts he does point out the smallest (or absent) imperfections in ONR's posts as scummy (which they generally aren't) (like the ASoIaF reference and 'vagueness' of the flavour claim).

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 07, 2013, 08:55:13 am »

[Ok Lenglon, I'll bite]

"Monsuier Coullart, I can see why would hate witches for ze douleur zey bring, thank you for being so forthcoming. What do you consider of zose that will not share zeir names with ze investigators?"

[i.e. Toonyman]

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 07, 2013, 09:15:44 am »

...Please distinguish between 'you' and 'your character' in the future, especially since you're not Lenglon.

Good point.  I'll keep it in mind.

Vector
My husband died of typhoid.  Everyone knows that witches are responsible for the foul diseases.

I am town in alignment, but I'm not from here originally; I've been in for about a year.  I don't think that the "born-and-raised" distinction is meaningful, though there may be other, similar flavortext clues.

Wait, was there a carpenter here?  I may have apprenticed my sons to you.
"On what grounds do you dismiss the distinction, Madame? It seems to me zat the witches would most likely have been here a long time given the nature of the problem. It's potentially useful information."

Pfah, what I meant to say was "it seems unlikely that out of town => scum like previously."  That was obviously not what I said.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 07, 2013, 09:28:07 am »

LNCP
[In that case, can you answer any of the following?

1. Has the Viscount been rounded up with the rest of the townsfolk?
2. What is the current population of Uzés?
3. What's happening with the other members of town? (There's more than 13 people in town I assume.)
4. Of the townsfolk that have been rounded up, what is the gender mix?
5. What is the weather currently like?
6. Was there a typhoid outbreak in another town that is common knowledge?

• I mentioned the answer to this in the (admittedly lengthy) D1 flavour.
  • It's a fairly well-peopled town compared to its neighbours, but by no means a metropolis. Why not look at the Wikipedia article?
  • Most other people are under the supervision of the Inquisitors. A large mass is awaiting trial while several small groups of people are on trial.
  • Equal? It varies, especially in the small groups.
  • Sunny and warm.
  • Why not go read about typhoid? If you do, you'll find it was fairly common in the 15th century.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 07, 2013, 11:09:58 am »

NQT:
Toaster
These- especially put together- are some pretty serious deflection.  You really don't like me implying that you're third party because you're out of town- as such, I do believe I will keep voting you.

To answer your question, no, I live nearby in an outlying farm.  I just have to haul up to the market to make my sales.
[I don't think it's deflection: I clearly answered your question, didn't I? I'm not third party. And furthermore, if your reasoning for believing that I am third-party were that I'm an out-of-towner, that would make you a third-party too (outlying is still outside). Your vote is incredibly weak and will mark you as scum if I am lynched or night killed.]

Bahahaha.  Oh, NQT, you crack me up.

Dariush:  What makes ZU scummier than NQT in your mind?

ZU:
NQT: I really don't like how you're focusing so much on flavor. Especially in this post. Actually I've just gone through your posts and they are all are either answering questions/accusations and flavor questions.

How does this differ from other flavor chasers?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 07, 2013, 12:02:30 pm »

pfp, cause he is only asking about flavor. i see it as an excuse to not scumhunt.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 07, 2013, 12:50:26 pm »

"I wish for a peaceful place, and do not want witch-trials ravaging the town.  This is purely for the good of the people."
So your dude is ok with famine and miscarriage? What does "this" refer to?
I don't think my character was even aware of such famine and miscarriage actually taking place.  When he heard news of the Inquistors he was shocked and came down at once.
I don't understand what you mean by this.  Blame my writing skills if that's the case.  I wanted to respond in-character.
You said "this is purely for the good of the people". I want to know what is purely for the good of the people.
"I wish for a peaceful place, and do not want witch-trials ravaging the town."  It's the only thing "this" could be referring to.

I still wouldn't disagree for you as the first lynch.  Okami moved off NQT and onto you, which makes sense, and Leafsnail is the other person voting with you onto Okami and I can't say Leafsnail has been very convincing even if he's only making phone posts.  Plus, I have to find you out-of-character meta-wise considering your unterse nature right now as the usually terseful man.

@Lenglon:
You vote and unvote Vector twice in almost a row.

[Ok Lenglon, I'll bite]
"Monsuier Coullart, I can see why would hate witches for ze douleur zey bring, thank you for being so forthcoming. What do you consider of zose that will not share zeir names with ze investigators?"
[i.e. Toonyman]
Do you mean Leafsnail?

Also, I noticed LNCP didn't answer what Leafsnail looked like.

To put this straight:
MOD:
What does Leafsnail look like?  Appearance, countenance, etc.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 07, 2013, 01:18:05 pm »

[Ok Lenglon, I'll bite]

[i.e. Toonyman]
less scummy than the pack of apprentices of the same trade that don't know each other. that screams scum copying someone else's claim because their own isn't safe to use. Lefasnail's flat refusal to claim is actually reasonable to me, and I consider it a null-tell, or possibly a mild towntell.
@Lenglon:
You vote and unvote Vector twice in almost a row.
each time I voted Vector it was to apply pressure to a specific line of questioning, when that line of questioning was done, I unvoted. in neither case was it a lynch vote.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 07, 2013, 01:49:59 pm »

@Toaster: it won't help town unless flavour cops exist.  Until one claims flavour claims are useless.
@Anyone flavour claiming: why are you flavourclaiming
I'm not sure I should answer until you explain why you think so?  Are you trying to goad a possible cop to claim already?
I'm not encouraging a cop claim.  Rather I'm saying that we shouldn't claim until we have info that is actionable based on claims.  Until then we just have to hope that the mod is intentionally trying to trick the mafia, otherwise they've gained a lot of info for free.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 07, 2013, 02:01:45 pm »

@ONR: your logic still doesn't really work.  If softclaiming is something scum need to be pressured into then how is it scummy for NQT to readily claim?  If NQT is scum wouldn't that imply that softclaiming is desirable to them?

However, I believe that you arrived at your conclusion honestly, so unvote.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 07, 2013, 02:12:30 pm »

griffinpup it feels like you're making a token contribution, with a weak attack on  Dariush and vote buried on Deathsword.  Most of it seems like quibbling rather than scumhunting.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 07, 2013, 04:23:54 pm »

[Leafsnail, given the likelihood near certainty that there's a 'flavour' cop and the fact that everyone else has claimed, your insistence on this point is at best unhelpful. But you've elsewise been quite proactive in calling people out and not following the herd is a mild town-tell in any case, so unvote for now.]

Toaster
Bahahaha.  Oh, NQT, you crack me up.
[You have the gall to accuse me of deflecting and then this is your response to my follow up? If you're going to keep your vote parked then make a real argument as to why I am a witch.]

Tiruin
"Madame (or is it Monsieur), you have been awfully quiet and zere is less than 24 hours until someone hangs..."

Toony Man
Do you mean Leafsnail?
[Yes, I did. Sorry about that.]

Lenglon
less scummy than the pack of apprentices of the same trade that don't know each other. that screams scum copying someone else's claim because their own isn't safe to use.
[No one has claimed the same profession, though some are quite close. You're thinking of Vector's supposed son being a carpenter. This makes me think you're not really paying attention to claims...]

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 07, 2013, 05:11:01 pm »

Lenglon
less scummy than the pack of apprentices of the same trade that don't know each other. that screams scum copying someone else's claim because their own isn't safe to use.
[No one has claimed the same profession, though some are quite close. You're thinking of Vector's supposed son being a carpenter. This makes me think you're not really paying attention to claims...]
eh? i thought...
1 sec, let me find the quote.
ah, yeah, you're right. I somehow thought Vector's sons were actual players. oops.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 84