Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 200911 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D3: 10/13]
« Reply #780 on: September 07, 2013, 03:33:22 am »

LNCP:
LNCP:  Assuming the town wincon is to "eliminate" the witches, and assuming the witches' wincon is to prevent the death shaman from being able to die, and assuming that the witches will leave the game upon fufilling their wincon, would that result in a town win?
Leafsnail: did you seriously just try to threaten me for moving my vote off toaster, once toaster had answered my questions to my satisfaction? really?
as for why I'm voting solifuge:
Lenglon: It seems that, so far, you think it's a better idea to lynch a lurker/absent player other than someone acting in a scummy way. Why?
because someone who is totally absent isn't contributing to our information in any way at all. active scum are constantly at risk of fingering themselves and their scumbuddies, and so having scum around can be useful to finding scum. someone who is completely idle is totally useless, be they town or scum. as long as it is neither MYLO nor LYLO I would prefer to lynch someone who completely fails to communicate over someone mildly or even moderately scummy (very scummy... yeah, lynch that despite the lurker). That threshold is easy to get above, and once nobody is totally idle then I would prefer to lynch someone who is acting scummy, but someone who fails to do anything at all is more of a liability to us than probable scum is in my opinion.
yes, Solifuge is lurking hard enough to trigger this response from me, same as Ottofar did on day 1.
Shakerag: could you please make a full flavor-claim to go with your roleclaim?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 07, 2013, 06:35:27 am »

Guys: Seriously.  Why are we not all a little more concerned about the death shaman thing?  Can everyone who is voting Toaster guarantee that he isn't the death shaman? 
Current information suggests the witches are happy with the status quo (life shaman dead, death shaman alive).  Why are you trying to maintain that?

once toaster had answered my questions to my satisfaction
Reaaaaly?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 07, 2013, 11:49:03 am »

I'm being prodded even though nobody is doing anything?  I only extended to give Toaster a grace period to respond.

Anyway, I'm here so let me say if Toaster isn't a witch I'd be surprised, again.

Leafsnail told him like, up front that he should reveal anything if he's a witch and I can't even find a response to it.  Sure it wasn't a question but whatever.

@Hapah:
Not much, it was mainly role confirming stuff.  The second message I omitted in the quicktopic (which I gasp'd to) was simply him saying the day has already started, much to my shock!

@IronyOwl:
Your "who killed who" last night logic is dumb, remember how far ZU got by picking at my fucking grammar, nowhere.  More likely than not, my brain-damaged logic has erred in some way.  Stay calm and carry on.

LNCP probably changed my history to throw suspicion on my character (the same way he "isn't fond of hunting witches").  If you want that as a vote reason than sure, NQT seems fine with it though.

Dariush never explicitly dismisses Leafsnail, that was Vector/whoever the fuck now.  He picked LS as his #2 Death Shaman.

We really don't need an extend guys.  Shorten

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 07, 2013, 12:14:41 pm »

Sorry, but I have to oppose a shorten. I need the time.

Also Lenglon, do you really think a Pressure Vote makes ANY sense right now? This isn't Day 1 anymore. You should have suspicions, and you should be investigating them.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 07, 2013, 01:16:53 pm »

Also Lenglon, do you really think a Pressure Vote makes ANY sense right now? This isn't Day 1 anymore. You should have suspicions, and you should be investigating them.
I think that you consistently lurk when you have something to hide.
you are lurking.
what are you trying to hide?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 07, 2013, 01:27:12 pm »

Maybe I didn't express my doubt at this statement enough.

Really?

Did he really answer your questions to your satisfaction?

In spite of the fact that in your previous post you said he was "squirming", and the only post Toaster made after that was to basically give up.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 07, 2013, 01:47:43 pm »

Maybe I didn't express my doubt at this statement enough.

Really?

Did he really answer your questions to your satisfaction?

In spite of the fact that in your previous post you said he was "squirming", and the only post Toaster made after that was to basically give up.
Clearly, I hunt differently from how you do.
I'm being prodded even though nobody is doing anything?  I only extended to give Toaster a grace period to respond.

We really don't need an extend guys.  Shorten
Oppose Shorten
Toonyman: have you somehow forgotten how many replacements we've had this game? almost all the work that was done on day 1 has been undone. We need to be analyzing and re-analyzing people's activities. Solifuge has done jack squat, Hapah has a very important question out to LNCP that still hasn't been answered, and Shakerag is asking for a massclaim. "Stop being so lazy! How do you plan to find out anything if you aren't asking questions or doing something productive? If you think there isn't enough activity, MAKE SOME."
"It's not that hard. Really, it's not."

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 07, 2013, 02:05:54 pm »

you are lurking.

Did I have something to hide the last time you killed me for "lurking"?

No, and it turns out you were wrong to do so. I should have done more than inform the Mod about it, though, which was my own fault... but if you or anyone had bothered to look anywhere else on the forum, you'd have known I was stupidly busy. I'm only a little less busy now, and getting caught up on 50 pages of game is hard work.

It's the same reason it took me 4 days to even post in the thread after I was asked to replace in. A replacement which I agreed to do because several people have been dropping out of this game from inactivity.

You can't pretend I'm the only one who's slow to post here, and I cannot understand what you could be thinking in dropping your old "case" to vote against me for lurking, while you cheerfully ignore the same things coming from other players. Lenglon, you are trying really hard to look for an alternative to voting for Toaster right now, and I want to know why.

Note: Before you try to twist this, yes this is a reasoned accusation, not an OMG You Suck. I'll be back later.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 07, 2013, 02:21:36 pm »

you are lurking.

Did I have something to hide the last time you killed me for "lurking"?

No, and it turns out you were wrong to do so. I should have done more than inform the Mod about it, though, which was my own fault... but if you or anyone had bothered to look anywhere else on the forum, you'd have known I was stupidly busy. I'm only a little less busy now, and getting caught up on 50 pages of game is hard work.

It's the same reason it took me 4 days to even post in the thread after I was asked to replace in. A replacement which I agreed to do because several people have been dropping out of this game from inactivity.

You can't pretend I'm the only one who's slow to post here, and I cannot understand what you could be thinking in dropping your old "case" to vote against me for lurking, while you cheerfully ignore the same things coming from other players. Lenglon, you are trying really hard to look for an alternative to voting for Toaster right now, and I want to know why.

Note: Before you try to twist this, yes this is a reasoned accusation, not an OMG You Suck. I'll be back later.
Firstly, that is an ongoing game you just linked. and you want me to explain, in here, with a bunch of other people in that same other ongoing game, my actions in that game.
Secondly, In that Ongoing game there was a lot more going on than a simple "lynch the lurker" vote.
Thirdly, what I said is that you lurking usually means you have something to hide. and you did have something to hide. It just wasn't what I expected.
Fourth, In that Ongoing game I did not expect you to get hammered before you could respond, and had in fact made an extend vote just before the hammer occurred.

Geez.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 07, 2013, 02:40:35 pm »

Yeah, please don't discuss games before they've ended.

LNCP:  Assuming the town wincon is to "eliminate" the witches, and assuming the witches' wincon is to prevent the death shaman from being able to die, and assuming that the witches will leave the game upon fufilling their wincon, would that result in a town win?

Wow, this is a bit of a doozy.

I generally mean "eliminate" to be "lynch, kill, get rid of violently" than "let the faction win", as I've done in previous games. I hope that makes it clear.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 07, 2013, 03:06:50 pm »

Firstly, that is an ongoing game you just linked. and you want me to explain, in here, with a bunch of other people in that same other ongoing game, my actions in that game.

Lenglon, I'm asking about your motives in This Game, not that one. The motives which you're STILL trying to avoid talking about. Stop deflecting, and address my statement.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 07, 2013, 03:27:17 pm »

You're the slowest one, by far. so slow that you've yet to do anything.
and I don't know why you think I'm taking Leafsnail seriously. As I said before, I think Leaf is the death shaman, and his goal is simply to get someone lynched, preferably himself, but anyone else will do in a pinch.
now then, why am I not voting Toaster? because he answered my questions sufficiently. it's really not that complicated. saying "I cannot argue this further" is a valid answer in the proper context.
this is the proper context.

Dariush isn't all that prone to giving away who his scumbuddies are, I'm not willing to lynch based purely on that. his actions thus far have been explained as well as he is able, and I have time before day ends, and you haven't done a single thing. so yeah, I think getting a read on you is more important than having a 4th vote on someone who has 3 even without me, has reacted to the pressure in whatever way he is going to already, and has no current alternate lynch canidates competeing for the "lynch me" spot.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: September 07, 2013, 03:51:48 pm »

Clearly, I hunt differently from how you do.
This isn't even close to being an answer.  The quote from Toaster shows it clearly: he didn't answer any of your questions, he just gave up talking to you.

and I don't know why you think I'm taking Leafsnail seriously. As I said before, I think Leaf is the death shaman, and his goal is simply to get someone lynched, preferably himself, but anyone else will do in a pinch.
I'm glad to see that the witch faction is still wrong about who the Death Shaman is.  What do you think the role actually wants, if getting anyone lynched is favourable for it?

Dariush isn't all that prone to giving away who his scumbuddies are, I'm not willing to lynch based purely on that. his actions thus far have been explained as well as he is able, and I have time before day ends, and you haven't done a single thing. so yeah, I think getting a read on you is more important than having a 4th vote on someone who has 3 even without me, has reacted to the pressure in whatever way he is going to already, and has no current alternate lynch canidates competeing for the "lynch me" spot.
So wait, do you want Toaster lynched or don't you?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 07, 2013, 03:58:16 pm »

So wait, do you want Toaster lynched or don't you?
I don't have strong feelings on the matter. He's on the scummy side of the spectrum, but I think that checking out the other people around here is more important right now. We have time, and I want to use it.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 07, 2013, 04:42:49 pm »

That's a hilariously weak answer.  And why are you still ignoring the query about why you unvoted Toaster in the first place?
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 84