Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 200897 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D4: 7/13]
« Reply #1035 on: September 27, 2013, 05:38:26 pm »

@NQT:
What a sexy post you have here.  I do like my analytic posts.

All, especially Toony and Lenglon: Look, there's a lot of info here. Most of it is hard data and you might be able to draw other conclusions. I want to know what you think.
Well, I definitely think IO is a witch, and that ZU is the Death Shaman.  I believe that IO is trying to tough it out and get a lynch on me, which I would have to applaud really since they didn't give in like Toaster.

I don't suspect Birdy as much, but I might as well keep an eye on them and Hapah.

Everyone, there are only six other players now-- please rank them in order of suspicion. It'll only take a moment. This information will be really useful for my next set of investigations.
Hmmm,

Most Scum
IronyOwl
Zombie Urist (yes I am counting him)
Shakerag
Hapah
Birdy51
Lenglon
NQT
Least Scum

Toonyman, something's been bothering me. Why did you go along with Dariush in your private chat? Why didn't you get him lynched straight away, given your purported wincon?
I think I've answered this (to Leafsnail probably).  I wanted to drag out as much information as possible.  If I had immediately crossed him at the start of D2 I would have never had a look at Toaster or anybody in the same way.  It was pretty bold since I could die at any time, but with the witches claiming they want me alive (which I might as well believe) and claiming they don't have a kill (which I won't fully believe) I felt it was worth it.  If Leafsnail didn't press me at the start of D3 I would have probably stayed quiet.

@IronyOwl:
And I was completely right about Toaster (in an inverse way, but still completely right).  I also made my own opinions before Dariush said anything, read the log I posted.  Who do I still think is a witch?  There is only one left and it has to be either you (or Lenglon if it somehow isn't you).  And no, unfortunately I don't have concrete proof who the last witch is, but that would make it too easy anyway.
Do you have any proof? Near as I can tell your case on me is "Fuck you." I don't recall your case on Lenglon at all.
A summary of my case is at the bottom here.
If it somehow isn't you then it must be Lenglon (or Shakerag now that I think about it), but it's not a possibility I can see ever unless you're dead and flip not-witch mother.
Against Toaster, yeah. What does your case against Toaster have to do with me?
I got Toaster in association with Dariush.  I can do the same with you.
Then why aren't you?
I am voting you.
Voting me isn't the same as connecting me with Dariush. You've got absolutely no case on me except an OMGUS.
A connection with Toaster --> a connection with Dariush.

And I thought you had good reason to believe Lenglon was town? What makes her more suspect than birdy, who you have similar assurances about, or Hapah, who you don't even have that much on?
If you somehow aren't the witch then yeah, it's probably Lenglon.  But this isn't lylo.
Why?
Because if you aren't the last witch then possible deductions would be child bearers Lenglon and Shakerag.  And I was only guessing that it isn't lylo, but it most likely isn't.  Lenglon was also protecting Toaster or something, but I find it less of a tell than Leafsnail because they acted the same with NQT's/Ottofar's/Everybody's lynch way back when.
Child bearers? I'm a maiden, bro.
I know, it's one of the few facts that's doesn't make me want to vote you (since the last witch would be Witch Mother).  Did you ever get any proof that you aren't lying?  Like a report from NQT?  That would help if I missed it.

Wait. I just realized that could be why you don't have kids- to fit into the maiden category for some reason, or maybe not cleanly fit into any of them. Hrm.
The Witch Maiden was Dariush.

No no, you vote me over a dumb reason (and nobody else is convinced), but also I can pin-point when you started "attacking" me.  That would be D3 when I started voting Toaster.  Toaster was a witch.
I don't see this as a coincidence.
Alright then, let me take a look at that.
That's stupid. You first voted Toaster- actually, you were voting Toaster since D2. You revoted him your first post of D3- after, I am amused to add, Lenglon did. Not so hipster after all, it seems.
I didn't vote you until several posts and a lot of discussion later, when you dodged my question. Admittedly not nearly as much of it as I'd thought, but some of it nonetheless.
I was voting Toaster Day 2 as well because I already knew Dariush was scum at that point and was actually hunting for his partners, it's like I was a spy on enemy lines or something.

I didn't dodge your questions either!!  You completely missed them!

Did you just admit to OMGUSing me?
No.
Yeah you did. You said so right above there.
Cut the bullshit.
You first. You've got nothing to say to a charge of OMGUS but "yeah sure."
I am not admitting to performing an OMGUS because that's bullshit!  If anybody is OMGUSing it's you.  OMGUS.

We lynch you.  You flip witch, either the game ends (or at least the town wins) or the game doesn't end and we solve the last puzzle.
You don't flip witch, we find the last witch.  I have supicions it must be either Lenglon or Shakerag, which are both valid choices but we'll need more detail.  I don't have time to interrogate them today (another school exam in less than an hour).
Sun day or mafia day?
You should probably extend if it's the latter.
Sun day or mafia day?  What's that mean, Sunday?

I should have extended I guess.  I'm still sort of really convinced you're the last witch and school is killing me though so my apologies.

While I'm at it, what do you think of my current exchange with Toony?
Ahaha
Something funny? What do you think of NQT's and Lenglon's cases on me, by the way? They're on the right target, but is it for the right reasons?
I can only remember asking for other people's opinions about an argument I'm having with somebody when I'm mafia.

@Birdy51:
Now, Toonyman. I am inclined to believe that Irony Owl is raising a valid point in the fact that your behavior is odd. You know something that supposedly makes me and Lenglon Town, but you cannot say why. How did you come across this information? Was it by your own means, or did someone else give it to you?
It was by my own means.  More specifically it was because of something you and Lenglon said which I am not going to point out.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: September 27, 2013, 09:27:45 pm »

Oh gods today was terrible.

NQT: My initial thoughts are that you've got a lot of icing but not much cake. Some of the facts are interesting, some less so, but I don't really see the meat of the case.

Toony: Can you state the big points on IO? You two have been going back and forth for a bit but it seems like it's mostly tit-for-tat stuff and nothing relevant recently.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: September 27, 2013, 09:44:20 pm »

Votecount:
IronyOwl  - 4 -  Lenglon, ToonyMan, Shakerag, notquitethere
Hapah  - 1 -  birdy51
Lenglon  - 1 -  Hapah
notquitethere  - 0 - 
birdy51  - 0 - 
Toonyman  - 1 -  IronyOwl
Shakerag  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 0 - 
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

The Day ends on Saturday, 28th of September, 7PM UTC, in 16 hours.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: September 27, 2013, 11:42:02 pm »

Irony:for better or worse, you're pretty much guaranteed to be the lynch today. do you have any final claims, theories, requests, or the like? stuff for us to keep in mind tomorrow?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: September 28, 2013, 12:20:57 pm »

Woops. Terraria happened, then other stuff happened. End result being no posts.

Don't have time for a full, proper post, but I do think it's important to cover the reads bit.

Shakerag is my top pick for the last witch. Lurkertracker him sometime. He's done nothing, and I mean nothing, all game (and great, now Lurkertracker isn't working so I can't pull up examples or double check the absolutely nothing part; he may have had some relevant stuff at the beginning). It's open, shameless active lurking.

He also voted me on what was presumably a lurker prod (justified at the time, though still a bandwagon), conveniently forgot to do anything with it or get a new suspect, and conveniently missed my FoS asking him why he's done nothing all game, despite catching NQT's generic question to everyone.

Scum scum scum. My only real concern is that such brazen behavior could also be a DS ploy. I suspect the way you'd confirm or doubt this would be looking at Vector's play, which I never managed to do but which didn't seem very jestery. On the other hand, if Vector was a jester playing like town and then making a deliberate slipup somewhere along the line might be expected.

I find it very difficult to believe he's town, though. Active lurking while not being called on it is one thing, but his recent behavior is either pure scum or a very bizarre accident on top of a very bizarre strategy.

Hapah has seemed pretty townlike from what I've seen, but I haven't gotten enough of a read on him to really be comfortable saying that. I'd rank him my second pick not because I have any reason to suspect him, but because he's one of the few players I don't have a good grasp on yet.

birdy is in the same boat as Hapah, except that he's new, and from what I've seen, if he is newbie scum, he's either got the aid of his dead allies or he's incredibly cunning about it. Assuming the last scum is on their own, I really don't see him making a post like that "whoops haven't been voting, here's why" thing. That said, I still don't have a good read on him beyond that.

Toony is derping pretty hard, but it's unlikely he's a witch and I'm actually not getting a malicious third party vibe from him; I think he's really just being an imbecile. He can't say what he means to say to save his life, and getting anything out of him- including, say, the case on his current lynch target- is like pulling teeth.

That said, his flavor is seeming less malignant than I thought, and for whatever reason I'm getting a genuinely stupid rather than scummily stupid vibe from him. He'd probably still be my primary suspect if killing the last witch doesn't end this, though.

Lenglon's getting lazy and scummy lately, but I still think her spat with Toaster was way too long, rambling, and ultimately over something so bizarre (a mistake over timestamps) that she really can't be the last witch. I guess it could have been a very bizarre scum play, but I really don't think so.

That said, I've actually not scumhunted her myself, and I don't have any particular non-third-party reads on her like I do with some other people. I'd tentatively call her recent behavior genuine, but again, not certain. She might actually be up there with or maybe even above Toony as a third party suspect if Shakerag's a witch but not a game ender.

NQT has been trying to focus on concrete data over actual scumhunting too much- sort of like a birdy lite, I suspect. That said, I can't see him bussing Dariush like that unless something weird happened, and I can't see a (malicious, at least) third party also being a flavorcop. Town letting his role carry him and looking for solid answers a bit too much.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: September 28, 2013, 12:52:45 pm »

one moment, I'll take you up on the "Lurkertracker Shakerag" suggestion.
I think I see what you're saying. It's not that he isn't participating, but that he keeps going idle in the middle of discussions. voicing himself very weakly near the beginning, then agreeing with the main consensus at the end, and just not taking part in the middle. he didn't voice an opinion until the very end of the talks with toaster, despite extending and saying something mildly supportive of going along with toaster's plan, and was idle for three days after the lurking accusation on you, not taking part in the actual scum accusations and discussions.

I'll keep this in mind tomorrow, assuming you aren't the last witch.

Lenglon's getting lazy and scummy lately
Leng's acting a little sketchy
Yeah, I am.
Sorry.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: September 28, 2013, 01:01:19 pm »

Toony: Can you state the big points on IO? You two have been going back and forth for a bit but it seems like it's mostly tit-for-tat stuff and nothing relevant recently.
It was largely how they acted after Day 3 started.  I never really brought up new points this whole day besides IronyOwl persistently questioning me and likely both of us becoming very confused.

Seeing how the post IO made just know makes /zero/ hints at being the last witch even though it's their "post before they get lynched" it seems very genuine.  I almost want to lynch Shakerag just because them being the Witch Mother lines up so well and their play has been really poor today, but we only have like what, one hour left and no extensions allowed?

Screw it.  I'm voting Shakerag too for doing nothing, having children, and because I can't find any more evidence today that IO would be the last witch anyway.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: September 28, 2013, 01:09:23 pm »

I went back to check my facts too and got this:
My picks for witches
Toaster - I found as extremely odd behavior Day 2
Vector/Shakerag (Dariush actively dismissed the possibility of Vector being the DS)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: September 28, 2013, 01:14:56 pm »

sure, why not?
Unvote
Shakerag

Short version: convincing final post.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: September 28, 2013, 01:19:01 pm »

You're really good at making unconvincing bandwagons, Lenglon.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 28, 2013, 01:57:03 pm »

Votecount:
IronyOwl  - 2 -  Shakerag, notquitethere
Hapah  - 1 -  birdy51
Lenglon  - 1 -  Hapah
notquitethere  - 0 - 
birdy51  - 0 - 
Toonyman  - 0 - 
Shakerag  - 3 -  IronyOwl, ToonyMan, Lenglon
-
Not Voting  - 0 - 
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

The Day ends on Saturday, 28th of September, 7PM UTC, in five minutes.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: September 28, 2013, 02:03:05 pm »

It is now Twilight. Discussion is prohibited during this time.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [N4: 6/13] ONE PLAYER SLOT OPEN
« Reply #1047 on: September 28, 2013, 02:47:18 pm »

Night 4 Has Begun!

Votecount:
IronyOwl  - 2 -  Shakerag, notquitethere
Hapah  - 1 -  birdy51
Lenglon  - 1 -  Hapah
notquitethere  - 0 - 
birdy51  - 0 - 
Toonyman  - 0 - 
Shakerag  - 3 -  IronyOwl, ToonyMan, Lenglon
-
Not Voting  - 0 - 
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

Rich bastard. What does he do? Sell the hard work of faceless weavers for a fortune - his fortune. Take the fame, take the sheen from their cloth, take the praise that should have been theirs, take it all. How fat he is, how self-obsessed and vain - just a dressed-up tick, fat with the blood of the poor and suffering. Each step is a scorn, and his bulbous features seem permanently contorted into a scowl of piggish disgust at these dirty masses; he adjusts the drape of a silk on his shoulders, woven with lustrous gold, bright red, and precious tears.

A swarm of vengeful spears were pointed at him by the other six. The mercer turns toward each, part in shock from the hatred from the previously meek, part in disbelief that it was himself, of all. Each vicious finger stabs at him with every accusation and point, and in the end, as the sun sets, the guard, presiding silently at the event, picks him up. His silks were soiled now, his beautiful garments defiled.

“No! Don’t!” The call was louder than he had ever shouted before, ringing with a new desperation.

The crowd’s response only ends up being a wave of laughs and jeers.

“I’m not a witch! I- I’m just a mercer! You have to believe me!” His feet touched the wood of the stage, and tears start to well from his eyes, the same ones he drank from the millions he oppressed. He turns toward the captain, about to unsheathe his sword. “No! What are you doing?!”

killtherichfatfuckingbastarditdoesntmatteranyway

The captain gives his sword a few swings in the air. The tears, slick with oil, were coming in a steady stream now, as the mercer, kneeling defeated on the stage beside the guard, sobs. He would say nothing.

killthedisgustingpigkillhimforthemoneydeniedusall

An inquisitor kneels down beside him and asks a question - but with no response, he simply rises and stands by. The captain comes, raises his sword.

A sob. The sword hangs in the air.

The head comes off neatly, and the cries, cease. In the intervening silence, the inquisitor kneels again - to inspect the body. After a while, he comes back to the guard.

And when he comes back to the six, he only shakes his head.

Pierre "IronyOwl" Guiot has been lynched! He was a mercer.

The Night will end Wednesday, 20th of September, 7PM UTC.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [N4: 6/13]
« Reply #1048 on: September 28, 2013, 02:52:49 pm »

Ah, fuck. Serves me right for not reading any end posts.

I kinda thought the Irony lynch was cemented and wrote it in - I didn't think to check the new lynch turn. Sorry, guys.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D5: 6/13]
« Reply #1049 on: October 05, 2013, 07:03:30 am »

Day 5 Has Begun!

Votecount:
Hapah  - 0 - 
zombie urist  - 0 - 
notquitethere  - 0 - 
birdy51  - 0 - 
Toonyman  - 0 - 
Shakerag  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 6 -  Shakerag, notquitethere, ToonyMan, zombie urist, Hapah, birdy51
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

“Be strong, people of Uzès! Be strong - we are doing God’s work!” His voice howled like the stirring air. The cold was biting, now, and the raincloud had turned and come back. It was pounding with a new ferocity, unlike anything there people had seen before, and the earth roared underneath its shuddering weight. From the cold and wind, many seemed to be sick - those with lodging or shelter seemed to be no better off for the hours of cruel trial outside.

“The demons serving these witches and maleficars have grown weak - before the might of these God-fearing masses, they tremble. Their realisation came slowly, but now, it seems all but certain to them.” The ground rumbles. Behind the stage, a guard dumps a what seems to be a body - someone old - into a wooden cart. It seems to be whole - perhaps he died of old age.

“So be strong, for we will stand victorious at the end of the day. God wills it.”

But then, a green flash flares in the sky.

Regnault "Lenglon" Coullart has died during the night! He was a shoemaker.
zombie urist has been resurrected!

The Day will end Wednesday, 9th of October, 7PM UTC.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 04:26:33 pm by lordnincompoop »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 84