Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarves steal from caravans?  (Read 2238 times)

StruckDown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves steal from caravans?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 05:31:16 am »

If you're only getting thread and cloth, you've forgotten to kill all the elves. Honest mistake.

EvilBob22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 05:08:21 pm »

Has anyone tried a hospital with the thread and cloth limits set to 1?  When it runs out of cloth, 100 dwarfs may respond, but then you are over the limit and the jobs should stop -- should stop -- with 100 cloth.  I haven't had any containers in my hospitals for a long time, precisely because of this bug.

Then, of course, the main concern would be candy cloth.  With the bug of dwarfs ignoring the ownership of cloth to stock the hospital, the candy may not be safe.  I avoid candy sutures now by using stockpile giving/taking, so the thread is not available for general use (which is what the hospital currently uses, since it is not stocked).
I will run the experiment to completion anyway, however. Even if the only reason why there is a punctured equilibrium in the fortress is because I have been brutally butchering babies
EDIT: I just remembered that dwarves can't equip halberds. That might explain why the squads that use them always die.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2013, 12:57:55 am »

I avoid candy sutures now by ...

You say that like candy sutures are a bad thing!

King has issued a new decree: use candy sutures, and not those cheap pigtail sutures!

This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2013, 05:53:52 am »

I don't build hospitals, since all my dwarves have an 3x3 personal room, I just bring a doctor and then all the stuff he will need to the room of our injuried. Note: Never use any type of containers on your hospital(and remember to assing the stock limits to 0).
In a time before time, I had a name.

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2013, 03:30:00 pm »

I don't think that hospitals even need containers, doctors can just take stuff from stockpiles.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2013, 11:00:47 am »

I don't think that hospitals even need containers, doctors can just take stuff from stockpiles.
yes, they will take from anywhere if there isn't some of what they need in the hospital.
In a time before time, I had a name.
Pages: 1 [2]