Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Selling Weapons in Bins  (Read 416 times)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
Selling Weapons in Bins
« on: February 24, 2008, 08:34:00 pm »

I have many useless copper weapons from earlier times, but they are stored in Wood Cap Bins. My trader just arrived, and I wish to sell them all, but there are masterful steel weapons in one of the bins with copper junk. Is it possible to sell just the junk I don't want that is in the bins? This also applies to some of my foodstocks, and bags that are holding things I want when I don't want the bag.

(I am already creating a new stockpile and preventing anything but the good stuff in it for the armor and weapons, but that doesn't help me for this incident.)

... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Griz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Selling Weapons in Bins
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 08:37:00 pm »

yes, just select the individual items instead of the entire bin in the trading interface.

Troas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Selling Weapons in Bins
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 08:39:00 pm »

Yes.  The "move goods to trade depot" window will only list the bins, but once you move the bin to the depot and start trading you can sell individual items out of the bin.  Note that if you have restrictive mandates the bin may not show up re: if your baron has forbidden the export of wood or steel a wooden bin with 1 steel weapon and 9 copper weapons won't show up unless you turn off filtering on mandates.  

Barrels and bags are a bit different - I know you can't sell barreled food without  also selling the barrel, and I believe the same goes for sacks of seeds/flour. If you really want to sell the contents but not the container have the contents dumped.  Then pause the game reclaim the contents (d-c) and have them taken to the trade depot.  You must do this while the game is paused or your dwarves are likely to flag the items to be put back into another bag before you have them sent to the depot.

You'd think handing out the crossbows to brain damaged dwarfs would be a bad idea but it isn't

Save the catgirls!