Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Question about the Monarch  (Read 4775 times)

zzedar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Question about the Monarch
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2013, 10:33:32 am »

There's the legendary soldiers in his entourage, they're a nice bonus (though there are a lot of caveats that mean they're not as nice as they could be).

Basically, the king is intended as a challenge, not a bonus; you go for the king when you want an extra little restriction to make things slightly more interesting (depending on the king's preferences, this can be anything from a negligible restriction to an almost crippling one)
kingubu cancels Efficiency: Taken by mood
Project Whalegun is a go. Load the whale cannon!

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2013, 12:17:17 pm »

In a mod I made, one race has the king modded to have succession restricted to a specific caste that has a one in a million birthrate, but are set up to be super strong. It's an interesting incentive to get the king down here and NOT murder him in the face.

I also did not know that succession was inherently broken. I've watched worldgen and seen one of these super-kings (somehow) get ganked during the hilariously broken worldgen combat, and they were replaced by another one. Not sure if this happens outside of worldgen, but... yeah. That happened.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2013, 01:43:50 pm »

I also did not know that succession was inherently broken. I've watched worldgen and seen one of these super-kings (somehow) get ganked during the hilariously broken worldgen combat, and they were replaced by another one. Not sure if this happens outside of worldgen, but... yeah. That happened.
Currently succession works during world generation, but does not work outside of it. I believe this is one of the bug fixes/features that will be added in the next version when we get a persistent world.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Knightl

• Bay Watcher
  • Slightly mad- A happy mad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2013, 05:40:40 am »

In a mod I made, one race has the king modded to have succession restricted to a specific caste that has a one in a million birthrate, but are set up to be super strong. It's an interesting incentive to get the king down here and NOT murder him in the face.

Hope I'm not being offtopic but can I have a link for your mod if it's available? I'd love to play with that next world gen

Extremely rarely, you'll see peasants without a bed or booze achieve it, because their life is shit.

Pages: 1 2 [3]