Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34

Author Topic: WizardQuest: The Quest to be a Wizard  (Read 59515 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: WizardQuest: The Quest to be a Wizard
« Reply #405 on: July 04, 2013, 11:52:39 pm »

Have squishee take a long and thin ropeish form and see if you can lower him down to reach the bottom. If it can reach the bottom, wait for the combat team to finish their fight. Throw a buff or two from your spell books at them to speed things along if need be.

Once they are done, use the strong fighter Jesse as an anchor to hold one end of Squishee from the top, while James, Charlie, and Yourself rappel down.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 05, 2013, 01:15:01 am »

This is starting to turn into a less silly quest. Use the spell "MAGIC BEAN: LIGHT" to drop a glowing bean down there. Y'know, like a kidney bean. Perhaps a chickpea. Make it powerful enough to illuminate the sides of the shaft as it goes down.  I'd rather not descend blindly into the unknown.

We can at least see how far down it goes.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

99Hedgehog

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:USE_TILESET: UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 05, 2013, 04:42:04 am »

This is starting to turn into a less silly quest. Use the spell "MAGIC BEAN: LIGHT" to drop a glowing bean down there. Y'know, like a kidney bean. Perhaps a chickpea. Make it powerful enough to illuminate the sides of the shaft as it goes down.  I'd rather not descend blindly into the unknown.

+99
[under a terrifying biome]
"Can you describe what the surface is like?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 05, 2013, 02:23:51 pm »

Have squishee take a long and thin ropeish form and see if you can lower him down to reach the bottom. If it can reach the bottom, wait for the combat team to finish their fight. Throw a buff or two from your spell books at them to speed things along if need be.

Once they are done, use the strong fighter Jesse as an anchor to hold one end of Squishee from the top, while James, Charlie, and Yourself rappel down.
+1
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 05, 2013, 04:33:18 pm »

Throw a buff or two from your spell books at them to speed things along if need be.
+1 It will either be helpful or hilarious. Either way, do this. (Preferably cast it on the fighter. We don't want to jeopardize our friendship with Charlie by accidentally setting his beard on fire or something)
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 06, 2013, 08:05:17 pm »

Throw a buff or two from your spell books at them to speed things along if need be.
+1 It will either be helpful or hilarious. Either way, do this. (Preferably cast it on the fighter. We don't want to jeopardize our friendship with Charlie by accidentally setting his beard on fire or something)

+1

In this order. +1
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 09, 2013, 11:35:09 pm »

Why would you cast some paltry spell when you have...

MAGELIGHT! You actually forgot you had this; you dug it out of the trash behind the GUILD like three days ago.
Why would anyone throw away something as wizardtastic as this?

The beam of magically soft blue light easily cuts to the bottom of the shaft, illuminating a stone floor.
The bit of PEDESTAL that descended isn't visible.

You have SQUISHEE enter ROPE FORM.
His tough body should be able to hold your weight, but you'll need some way to secure him to the floor.
You think JESSE could help with that.

The COMBAT TEAM seems to be doing fine, but you suppose they could always use some help.
Besides, this gives you an excuse to try a new spell!

You cast MARO'S MUSHROOM ORB (you didn't notice any mushrooms, but that's what the spell was called in the book)!
It strikes CHARLIE, doubling his size and increasing his strength cube-fold.

->

The final STATUE is easily taken care of.

JESSE hold one end of SQUISHEE while you and the others descend.

At the bottom of the shaft lies an unlit hallway, the only light being your MAGELIGHT.
The BLINDING GRANITE composes only the walls of the shaft; the walls of the hallway seem to be composed of mundane stone.
JAMES says that he is going to scout ahead for traps.

->

JESSE descends.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 10, 2013, 12:01:59 am »

Gather up Squishy. Talk to James:

"Um, how did you intend to get back up?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 10, 2013, 02:45:47 am »

Push deeper into the tunnel.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 10, 2013, 10:59:10 am »

We could levitate up, and drop down Squishee-rope, or Jeese can carry us.

Do we have any animation spells that we could use on the mage light?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 10, 2013, 11:11:59 am »

Can we not waste or MP on an animation spell? Just make squishee go Mini-me form and hold it for us.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 10, 2013, 11:56:11 am »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 10, 2013, 11:57:56 am »

You should talk to Jesse about that. He's the one who jumped down with the anchor rope. Not James.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 10, 2013, 01:27:23 pm »

Hopefully there'll be another exit once we finish.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 10, 2013, 01:32:59 pm »

Thats fantasy dungeon design 101: Always put a 1 way exit near the dungeon objective.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34