Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34

Author Topic: WizardQuest: The Quest to be a Wizard  (Read 59523 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: WizardQuest: The Quest to be a Wizard
« Reply #375 on: June 09, 2013, 05:05:44 pm »

Search Team
Later, improve squishy.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 09, 2013, 07:33:24 pm »

Search team, with Jeese and Charlie on Combat.

For the future: That Stoneflesh looks pretty useful...and 2k is always useful...
Agreed on the Stoneflesh. The Diamond would get us enemies instead of friends. But lets start at 4k, and bargain down, but slowly.

For reference, how much is gold worth in a real currency?
Yeah. I would also like to know how much gold is worth in terms of something common and mundane like wheat.
Something tells me that the economy will be a bit off from what we know. For starters, stuff like our Tree probably depresses the value of many high-value commodities. On that note...

As for the magical items, I'm more intrested in the AETHER and the COLD IRON. If we could find a smith who could handle one of those substances, we could get into the business of growing magic materials on our tree and selling powerful arms and armor.

Or at the very least we could get a cool sacred AETHER blade. We should ask Charlie and Jesse if either of them know a good smith after the dungeon crawl.
Can we reimprint our Tree?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 09, 2013, 08:18:42 pm »

We should make delicious Squishy fruit. Squishy would be able to absorb them into the biomass, until we have a giant squishy monster.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 09, 2013, 10:22:36 pm »

We should make delicious Squishy fruit. Squishy would be able to absorb them into the biomass, until we have a giant squishy monster.
+1000 to this genius plan.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 11, 2013, 10:40:11 pm »

+1000 to this genius plan.

This is pretty fantastic.

Now then, all I will say on the subject of that book is that I firmly disapprove of giving other wizards of any sort, be they friend or no, the means by which to exceed ourselves. That cannot end in anything but regret.

For now, Join the Search Team, and proceed from there.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 12, 2013, 04:24:30 pm »

Here's an idea- ask purple urist where he gets all his cool, weird stuff from.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 01, 2013, 12:34:30 am »

Search team, with Jesse and Charlie on Combat.

The Group arranges itself into two teams of two, with yourself and JAMES as the search team, and CHARLIE and JESSE as the combat team.
You enter the COLISEUM.

The moment you enter, the ground heaves and shakes. You seem to have set off some sort of defense system.

The four STONE STATUES animate.

Join the search team. And yeah, the kobold might be small enough to for squishee to provide a decent amount of cover and protection to it.

Put Charlie on the Combat Team with the fighter. Before you split up, have Charlie help you create two cans of your patented evil spray paint like substance, just in case either party encounters any wards. One for his party, and one for yours.

You and CHARLIE create two cans of WARDBREAKER SPRAYPAINT.
You each take one, then the two groups split up. JAMES stealths, rendering him difficult to see or hear; the effect is highly ineffective in the brightly-lit COLISEUM, and he is only slightly less visible.

As the combat team moves to engage a STATUE, JAMES searches for traps or hidden passages using his THIEF-SENSE.
He detects a primitive but strong ward on the ground of the area, rendering it resistant to attempts to tunnel or teleport through it.

He detects a break in the ward, along the edge of the eastern wall.
He says that the entrance to the DUNGEON is almost certainly behind one of the four STATUE PEDESTALS, and points to the most likely location.

A STATUE guards the PEDESTAL. It is modeled after a BONE HORROR. You will need to disable or distract it in some way.
JAMES stealths again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 01, 2013, 07:22:05 am »

Dammit derm. He did the same to me. At least it's a good story.

Anyways...what tools do we have at our disposal, again?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 01, 2013, 08:29:21 am »

Remember how 'helped' that golem working on our tower?

Cause one of the beast's arms and one of its body segments to grow in a way that hinders its balance and mobility. Avoid the now handicaped statue, and get to the entrance.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 01, 2013, 11:31:27 am »

Remember how we 'helped' that golem working on our tower?

Cause one of the beast's arms and one of its body segments to grow in a way that hinders its balance and mobility. Avoid the now handicaped statue, and get to the entrance.
+1

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 01, 2013, 01:27:49 pm »

Remember how we 'helped' that golem working on our tower?

+1
+1, also make it's spikes less spiky.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 01, 2013, 01:54:14 pm »

((You're welcome))
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 01, 2013, 06:19:07 pm »

Summon a large dog bone and throw it. See if the Bone Horror will chase it like a dog.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 01, 2013, 06:21:39 pm »

Summon a large dog bone and throw it. See if the Bone Horror will chase it like a dog.
I'd suggest trying to throw a dog instead.
Sig

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 01, 2013, 07:42:51 pm »

I'd suggest trying to throw a dog instead.
You know, James looks a little like a puppy. Just saying.

And now to wait for the hell-storm thats going to come my way.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34