Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190614 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.119
« Reply #1575 on: September 11, 2014, 11:52:34 am »

((Oh hey! Where did I get this penalty on my sheet?

-1 to initiative and balancing

Did I rebreak my head somehow?))

Foxglove felt a sudden pain in her cranium, no doubt caused by a misclick somewhere in the Heavens. That head injury was healed turns ago!

"Sneaky as a spider!" She intoned, discretely trying to walk up a wall.

She wondered at the cryptic words. Images of her lordly fellas hunter green undershorts danced through her head.

Was this finally plot development? Did the Lord have a fondness for her that kept his assassination attempts strictly impersonal? That was a little like sweetening a glass of poison wine. Something she approved of. Maybe Nirila was more than she thought...

Action: Sneak across the ceiling and drop down upon the ovimancers shoulders! Leglock chokehold!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: September 11, 2014, 12:53:46 pm »

((I'm not sure it did heal under the impromptu wound rules I felt like using at the time, but i don't mind removing it and will try to remember. Also Chink seems to be away so I'll try to update tomorrow ))

((edit: got over halfway through before getting too tired to resolve Gervedder's 12 attacks for and against not counting counterattacks - will try to finish it off tomorrow))
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 04:18:50 pm by lawastooshort »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: September 11, 2014, 02:16:37 pm »

Specific Coinspider command: "Oppress the weak!"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.120
« Reply #1578 on: September 14, 2014, 03:41:00 pm »

Turn One Hundred and Twenty!

Level Three of the Temple of Sef

"How very odd," thinks – and says – Gervedder, as Lady Foxglove starts climbing up the wall and sneaking across the ceiling, "Let us put as quick an end as possible to this!"

And perhaps they disappointingly will!

Action: Sneak across the ceiling and drop down upon the ovimancers shoulders! Leglock chokehold!

Lady Foxglove – perhaps, some might think, unwisely – sneaks ((and at this point the GM wonders – is stealth Dodgility? Climbing certainly is. But +3? that would be mental! Oh well, I have dug my own cake, I should probably sleep in it)) sneaks across the ceiling [4+2+1] and drops upon Bryan – for that is the ovinomancer's name – Bryan's shoulders, and starts choking him to death with her legs!

Bother – I forgot to explain why it might be unwise, but it has to do with Tackov's wand. Anyway, [5+1 stealth bonus vs1] Lady Foxglove chokes off the ovinomancer's head!

Specific Coinspider command: "Oppress the weak!"

Whistle for Eric, the tax collector thing which I'm certain the GM didn't forget about until just now because that's certainly not what I did.

Then chop things with my shield while my various pets and companions gnaw upon those same or other things, starting with the weakest foes and moving on up if those have already been disposed of.

Thankfully Sylvanna is there to save the day for the encounter! As her nine-limbed thing ambles – quite quickly though – back into the story, she commands it to Oppress the weak!

[6] Unfortunately, the weakest person round here (including the sheep) is her good friend acquaintance Tackov Cedtry!

[3 vs 2-1; 4 vs 3-1; 3 vs 5-1] Tackov is immediately Damaged! And Damaged again! Luckily it's non-fatal damage, because the spider has an uncontrollable urge to arrest the bloody peasant.

Oblivious to Tackov's considerable arm and face brusing, Sylvanna rushes towards the nearest sheep, [5+1 vs 1] completely slicing it in half! Bryan winces in emotional turmoil, and then covers his eyes (metaphorically, because his head is severed) as the Flesh Mechanic's squid also charges in, [6 vs 5] but luckily for Bryan the warsquid is unable to damage his beloved sheepie.

Quote from: Nigel
Attack and run

Nigel is a bit torn – Bryan's head has been removed, and perhaps he should stay to help, but he'll probably be able to replace it with a sheep or something, so he does what he's been commanded to do, and tries to bust out of the unholy sacrificial altar room! Sylvanna and Foxglove being largely out of the way, he charges towards [2] Whiz [5+2vs5], expertly hacking at his left foot and causing hideous Damage!

Have Roñardo toss me in my barrel into the middle of the enemy crowd. Brace on the inside of the barrel and activate Whirlwind Rage, hopefully doing damage with my bling spikes as well.

I JUST THOUGH OF A POWER EXPLOIT, ASSHOLES! thinks Bukkar, aloud, YOUR HIPPO COST ME MY HEAD! NOW I'LL TAKE YOURS! ROÑARDO! TOSS!

It's unsure who he's shouting at, but there isn't time to work out as Roñardo suddenly tosses him off into the centre of the room with actually a kind of [2] gentle rolling-along-the-floor motion that confers no bonus at all, and only leaves Bukkar stranded amidst a small flock of sheep.

That doesn't stop Bukkar though! No!

[1+1vs6 1+1vs2 3+1vs4 2+1vs1, 5+1vs3] Flailing around amongst the sheep like some kind of eejit, Bukkar punches one sheep in half before spinning to a miserable halt and [2vs3-1, 4vs1-1, 6vs6-1] getting his chest bit open in a deadly counterattack.

The four remaining sheep pounce as one, [4vs5-1,5vs6-1,6vs2-1, 2vs5-1], losing [4+1vs1] one of their number to a vicious left leg severing incident before one of the flock chews off Bukkar's left foot!

Burny-Nakedy-Vomity Wand the Ovinomancer!  Dronebongo, go eat the feet of that Nigel fellow!

Pointlessly, presumably, since the ovinomancer has no head to hear his taunts, Tackov, who was seconds ago being severely beaten by the limbs of many tax collectors, taunts the sheepmage by calling him a sheepfecker! After much checking of rules, Tackov and the sheepomancer roll four dice each (Tackov is first, both have +1):

[4,4,2,6,3,6,4,1!]

Bryan immediately leaps over the table, with his head still on the floor and Lady Foxglove still attached to his neck, flailing his arms about and running directly south west towards the near left corner of the room!

Sprint of Fury + Gauntlet. Run past seven of the enemy individuals, first the five sheep [ed: then the next five], then Nigel and the ovinomancer, unless there is a more spatially probable solution. This would ostensibly cost me all my MP, but that's not that much of a problem, in all likelihood.

Seeing two charging flocks of sheep and a trainee accountant from Minehead running at him – not to mention a furiously angry sheepwizard, who is, what's worse, running at him whilst flailing his arms – seeing all this, Gervedder looks down, checks his shoelaces, and then waits for about ten minutes whilst the GM goes up the loft to look for his emergency extra dice and knock up a quick spreadsheet to record the results.

Two sheep from the left hand flock are instantly axed into four flaming woolly bits; two more burst into flame, which only seems to make them angrier (and burnier) sheep. The surviving sheep leap up at him, but the brave Gervedder brushes them aside with a busy slap from the back of his hand! As the two burning sheep collapse to the floor Gervedder finishes them both off with a quick axe to the head!

In a blur the messenger dashes across the room to the flock that's already been mauled by the angry Bukkar, completely missing two, but slicing the last one completely down the middle in a blaze of flame!

The two last sheep try to chew Gervedder's passing ankles a bit, but only manage to trip up slightly: Gervedder chops off one's head!

Leaving only one slightly upset sheep in both left- and right-hand flocks, Gervedder Vietzo runs right at Nigel the Deadly Trainee Accountant.

Nigel is slashed in the head, and Bleeds and Burns quite uncomfortably!

Gervedder spins and turns before Nigel can successfully react, and chases after Bryan the Ovinomancer – already Bleeding severely from bad case of missing head, and still flailing about with Lady Foxglove on his neck stump.

...Bryan is quite surprised to find Gervedder's axe suddenly setting his guts on fire!

Quote from: Bryan and one of the sheep
Arg

”Nigel!” yells Bryan, clearly dying and also headless, and burning a bit, ”Warn Deadly Stallion! These foes are stronger than I thought!”

Using all of his mental power to do so, Bryan turns Nigel into a blur of speed and double-actioness: Nigel, clutching his Damage, hacks once more at Whiz, [5+1vs2] causing terrible slashed Damage and Bleeding! Nigel pushes past the crumpled Whizard, and runs out the door to the trapped ninja room and his escape.

The adventurers who don't turn to stare after him suddenly see Bryan the Ovinomancer fizzle and disappear into thin air, his still gently-rolling head also vanishing!

The lone sheep baas forlornly and randomly selects Whiz to chew on, but fails [1vs1], whereupon Whiz retaliates because he has to do something this turn; [5+1vs6] but in fact doesn't do anything.

Meanwhile, Lady Foxglove looks rather perplexed at being sort of just sitting there in mid-air, apparently, and even more perplexed as she starts moving around, almost as if on the invisible shoulders of an invisible man. Bryan the Ovinomancer might not be quite so clever as he thinks, but he's not that stupid, so takes a different course of action, and suddenly summons a sheep to replace his head! His bleeding stops, and Lady Foxglove's surprise increases as instead of sitting on an invisible wizard's shoulders, she now finds herself astride a floating sheep.

Who, the GM remembers just in time, is floating a few feet just above a smouldering gutfire.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Foes (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.120
« Reply #1579 on: September 14, 2014, 05:58:56 pm »

Bukkar gurgles angrily.

Home in on Nigel with a groinalheadbutt attack!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.120a
« Reply #1580 on: September 15, 2014, 03:49:36 am »

Home in on Nigel with a groinalheadbutt attack!

”Swing, Roñardo, swing!” shouts Bukkar, as his trusty Mexican scampers over and grabs hold of Bukkar’s swinging rope. [5vs4] Roñardo starts wanging his master round and round his head and dashes out of the sacrificial room into the ninja trap room, whereupon he spies Nigel fleeing for his life. Roñardo looses the living vominami, who nudely streaks across the sky, smacking into the back of Nigel’s knees, knocking him to the ground!

Nigel turns to face his assailant, [4+1vs5-1-1] damaging him in the other foot, [4+1+1vs6] before Bukkar groinbutts him in the face! He also tries a good punch in the knees, but [1vs2] no good comes of it, except for Nigel, who gains two free counterattacks. [4+1vs6] [4+1vs3-1-1] Nigel slashes up Bukkar’s left arm, badly Damaging it!

With Bukkar close to death, Nigel gives him a quick kick in the gonads, and turns to escape once more.

Spoiler: Bukkar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nigel (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: September 15, 2014, 04:30:17 am »

Turn that sheep I cut in half into a construct of some sort as a free action, as promised by one of my overpowered traits!

Then hack apart that invisible flaming-gutted sheep-headed thing Lady Foxglove is riding! My minions can sit this one out or finish mopping up sheep, as the situation demands.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: September 15, 2014, 06:59:02 am »

one of my overpowered traits!

((I...! What...! Anyway - do you want to add it to the existing one, or create a new living half-sheep? Or do you want to take the two halves of the sheep, and glue them back together in what must possibly be a 50% chance of being the right way?))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: September 15, 2014, 08:34:57 am »

No Dronebongo move?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: September 15, 2014, 08:53:43 am »

No Dronebongo move?

((dammit))

[4+1vs2] Just as Nigel thinks he’s getting away, a scuttling tambourine chews half his ankle off, causing Bad Damage!

((now on 15HP and with two pursuers, even if one is Bukkar, who is in severe blood-related danger and needs healing or the combat to end))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: September 15, 2014, 08:56:40 am »

"Ah, Nigel. You, unfortunately, are not quite fast enough for my line of work."

Trot over to Nigel and slay him thoroughly. If that's not possible, trot over to Bryan the Ovinomancer and slay him thoroughly. If neither is possible, just inspect the loot.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: September 15, 2014, 08:57:06 am »

one of my overpowered traits!

((I...! What...! Anyway - do you want to add it to the existing one, or create a new living half-sheep? Or do you want to take the two halves of the sheep, and glue them back together in what must possibly be a 50% chance of being the right way?))

Oh crikey, yes - I just realised that indeed it is a bit overpowered and that you do in fact now have a sheep construct - which a d4 has randomly selected is the back half of the sheep, which is nice.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: September 15, 2014, 08:59:19 am »

La?  "Randomly" select the half of a sheep to be the back half?  Hah.

"Gerroff me!"

Wind Blast the damned construct off me and onto the fleeing Nigel.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: September 15, 2014, 09:17:05 am »

Turn that sheep I cut in half into a construct of some sort as a free action, as promised by one of my overpowered traits!

Then hack apart that invisible flaming-gutted sheep-headed thing Lady Foxglove is riding! My minions can sit this one out or finish mopping up sheep, as the situation demands.

[3+1vs5] Sylvanna hacks at, but not apart, the invisible sheepomancer, almost grazing Lady Foxglove’s feet; Bryan invisibly drinks a health potion! But then Sylvanna does hack him quite apart, [6+1vs1] literally slashing his guts to bits! Bryan tumbles down dead to the floor, a slow motion collapse of blood, then flame, then sheephead, and then Lady Foxglove, whose face looks most horribly bruised on the hard stone tiling.

As he breathes his last, his remaining sheep buddies also pass away, except for the rear-half sheep that is slowly dragging itself towards its new master in quite disturbing fashion.

Trot over to Nigel and slay him thoroughly. If that's not possible, trot over to Bryan the Ovinomancer and slay him thoroughly. If neither is possible, just inspect the loot.

"Ah, Nigel,” utters Gervedder in possibly his not most ever fearsome battlecry as he convincingly catches up with the trainee accountant, "You, unfortunately, are not quite fast enough for my line of work."

[1+1+1vs4] Gervedder misses Nigel, who strikes accurately back, [5vs1(+1 guts)] slashing Gervedder’s guts!

“Haha!” shouts Nigel, right back at him, “Your guts… are… something… accountancy… yeah!”

And with this telling riposte, Nigel flees once more, guzzling a health potion as he does so!

La?  "Randomly" select the half of a sheep to be the back half?  Hah.

((what, I rolled a d4!!))

Wind Blast the damned construct off me and onto the fleeing Nigel.

Just then, a multilimbed tax collecter spider flies through the door, across the room, and through the next door, flattening everyone in its path [6, 3,2,4-1] [5, 4, 2] [3, 8, 9]; first damaging Bukkar’s chest, causing him to enter

OVERDRIVE MODE!

then Mangling Gervedder’s left arm, and finally severing Nigel’s leg, greatly harming his chances of escape. The spider thing itself bounces off the furthest wall without even a bruise [1], and turns to look menacingly at Nigel.

Spoiler: Nigel (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.120b
« Reply #1589 on: September 15, 2014, 09:21:30 am »

oops
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 118