Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190658 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.114 - probable regrouping miniturn!
« Reply #1470 on: June 07, 2014, 12:49:49 pm »

((So we've exhausted the southern routes and they end in a pointless hole?

If so, then yes, definitely the door we passed to go through this one. I just thought there was maybe more south to explore.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: June 11, 2014, 10:13:25 am »

Meanwhile, Lady Foxglove recovers her wits, if still lacking a connection to reality.

She passes the time by telling demon jokes that her demon boyfriend was quite fond of. It's clear she's thinking of him.

"So, an Angel and a Demon are sitting down to dinner..." She begins.

*10 minutes later*

"...Transubstantiation?" the demon says. The Angel replies smugly "No-Consubstantiation!"

She looks to her audience for a much awaited reaction to her punchline.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: June 11, 2014, 10:39:34 am »

((So we've exhausted the southern routes and they end in a pointless hole?

If so, then yes, definitely the door we passed to go through this one. I just thought there was maybe more south to explore.))

((Er, not so much a pointless hole as a totally deliberate trapped dead-end! Don't dungeons have them a lot? Who would put options for them if they didn't?!?! Will try to get on with an update :) ))

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: June 12, 2014, 04:50:34 am »

Rest/regroup.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.114
« Reply #1474 on: June 19, 2014, 01:39:03 pm »

A bit later...

Lady Foxglove was valiantly fighting boredom, stabbing tiny rats with her sword for small amounts of experience points.

"...Remember when we were fighting the Dragons! That was exciting, right?

...There's another one! Not a Dragon..."

*squeek*

+1 XP
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.114
« Reply #1475 on: June 25, 2014, 11:01:41 am »

Even longer after that, apparently...

"Well! How about I entertain you all with a story of a terrifying beast!

...well, I will anyway!"

« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 11:14:38 am by Dwarmin »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.115
« Reply #1476 on: June 26, 2014, 05:57:01 am »

Turn One Hundred and FIFTEEN!!

The Temple of Sef...

Mumbling in some kind of demented trance, Lady Foxglove suddenly casts Revive GM! Filled with shame and self-loathing, the narrator realises, in a flash, that the only way he can possibly cast off the burden of GM self-loathing and despondency is by setting aside work, leaving alone the domination of the world and in particular the twin evils of Castile and Austria, oh, and bloody Portugal, ignoring blood bowl, no longer failing to complete his megaproject AND TO FINALLY UPDATE.

Rising from his chair, pure and naked and unburdened as the day he was born, he towers above the keyboard, and types with the frenzy typically associated with long haired keyboard players!

The plot comes flooding back to him!

He locates the map!

He remembers the joy he felt upon deciding that the next room holds a zombie hippopotamus!

Awesome!

It seems, to him, almost certain: there will only be a short set of violence between the brave adventurers and the actual point of the adventure (thus far). There was much rejoicing!

Then he thought, just what the hell would a zombie hippopotamus be doing there?!?

And then he remembered!

Sweet!

It is roughly then that Sylvanna stops riding in circles on Eric the Coinspider – for just long enough to shout Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! and propose that:

Onwards! Whichever way onwards is without backtracking!

Whilst Sylvanna Wheeeeeeeeees around the room, her… colleagues, Whiz and Bukkar catch up with the group. She climbs down from her spider, walks over to the door in the north east, and pushes it open.

The adventurers peer in, and see a room open up before them, which is lit by a large chandelier hanging in the middle of the ceiling, casting shadows in the corners of the room but illuminating it well enough to show the only apparent features: a door to the far left, a painting on the right wall, and a softly glowing circle on the floor just offset from the centre.

The room is extremely silent.

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)

Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.115
« Reply #1477 on: June 26, 2014, 06:20:48 am »

((Clearly the zombie hippopotamus is hiding on the ceiling.))

"SHIIIIIINYYYYYYYYY!" Sylvanna shouted in wonder, dashing towards the blue circle.

Examine shiny object! Terrain feature! Whatever!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: June 26, 2014, 06:30:20 am »

Examine shiny object! Terrain feature! Whatever!

Rushing in like a fool excitable young lady faced with mysterious objects, Sylvanna stops just short of the softly glowing blue circle and gazes at it intently. It’s really quite pretty, she concludes!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: June 26, 2014, 06:36:33 am »

"Hm."

Using my not entirely nonexistent knowledge of stuff, judge from afar if something sinister lurks in this room - for how could it not, really?

If there doesn't seem to be anything sinister... well, check for traps!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: June 26, 2014, 06:48:39 am »

Using my not entirely nonexistent knowledge of stuff, judge from afar if something sinister lurks in this room - for how could it not, really?

If there doesn't seem to be anything sinister... well, check for traps!

Judging from afar, just inside the doorway, Gervedder concludes that yes! There is definitely something... sinister lurking in this room. But where?! Who!? Or even what?!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: June 26, 2014, 06:51:49 am »

"I hope it is not Sylvana's left hand."

Identify this sinister presence. What can I sense it with? What organ or organs am I using to determine its existence?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: June 26, 2014, 07:00:58 am »

"Neat!" Sylvanna finally said, after several long moments of what looked like intense, thoughtful inspection.

Examine the chandelier. What's it lit by?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: June 26, 2014, 07:08:11 am »

Examine the chandelier. What's it lit by?

((How closely would you like to examine it?))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: June 26, 2014, 07:11:46 am »

((How closely would you like to examine it?))
((Every GM's favorite question.

Let's start with standing under it and looking up, possibly on tippy-toes.))
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 118