Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190686 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.112
« Reply #1425 on: May 29, 2014, 05:48:01 am »

"Good work there. Let us move on."

Look around and listen carefully - are there any other terrible creatures I can detect? If not, approach the southern door with a maximum of caution. Watch out for TRAPS.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: May 29, 2014, 05:54:37 am »

Look around and listen carefully - are there any other terrible creatures I can detect? If not, approach the southern door with a maximum of caution. Watch out for TRAPS.

Gervedder listens very very carefully, and wonders if he can’t hear something very indistinct to the east. He then approaches the southern door very cautiously, even going so far as to lean up against it to listen better.

Nothing happens, and no sound is heard from within.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: May 29, 2014, 09:33:32 am »

Tackov shrugs.   "Let's just go and blow whatever up."

Wind Blast I anything hostile that appears.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: May 29, 2014, 09:47:45 am »

Inspect the door for traps!

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: May 29, 2014, 10:42:31 am »

Down a health potion to stem the head bleeding, and make a mad dash for the armour shop twice with Gee Whiz!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: May 29, 2014, 04:05:45 pm »

If Gervedder finds no traps, open the nicer door!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: June 03, 2014, 01:15:14 pm »

Lady F whipped her crossbow back and toward, seeing hostile tax-collecting phantoms everywhere looking to take stock of her funds and annuity!

"They're coming out of the walls!" she shrieked.

Action: Shoot anything that even looks hostile or tax collecting!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.113
« Reply #1432 on: June 04, 2014, 08:19:17 am »

Turn One Hundred and Thirteen

The Temple of Sef...

Inspect the door for traps!

Gervedder inspects the door for traps! He finds none!

If Gervedder finds no traps, open the nicer door!

Action: Shoot anything that even looks hostile or tax collecting!

Pushing in front, Sylvanna turns the door handle. Nothing happens! She pushes the door open. Nothing happens! Except the door opens. But no traps happen.

But after the door opens, something happens!

At first, they’re just sitting about on the floor, playing with abacuses or abaci and scratching away at fading sheets of parchment with quills and dusty ink, but as soon as-

"They're coming out of the walls!"

Lady Foxglove squeals and suddenly seems to start hallucinating that the cross-legged tax collectors sitting on the floor are in fact coming out of the walls, and immediately draws her crossbow up to aim, spins around to try to draw a bead on the fiendish tax collector phantoms, looses a bolt, and collapses to the floor in shame as Tackov doubles over in pain with a crossbow bolt sticking out of his torso, his guts quite thoroughly pierced.

And as soon as the handful of tax collectors see Lady Foxglove wailing at them and shooting at her colleagues, they leap to their feet, and charge at the adventurers, abacuses or abaci held aggressively above their heads!

Wind Blast I anything hostile that appears.

Despite the pain of his newly decorated (again) guts, Tackov doesn’t decide that Foxglove is the hostile one in this situation, and straight away jumps to the defence of her funds and annuity, waving out a blast of wind that blasts one frothing tax collector backwards about 25 feet, where he seems to hit a wall and drop, and disappear. There’s still 5 tax collectors left though, all armed with terribly sharp looking abacuses, or perhaps abaci.

”Stop!” shouts one tax collector, ”Stop in the name of the Tax Collectors of Nirila! Pay us what you owe and we shall abstain from delivering a severe beating unto you!”

Wound Acquired: Tackov Cedtry: Pierced Guts!

Elsewhere…

Down a health potion to stem the head bleeding, and make a mad dash for the armour shop twice with Gee Whiz!

Elsewhere, with angry dress-men all around and a farm implement sticking out of his head, Whiz is about to drink a potion and flee when suddenly he loses initiative due to being all wrapped in bandages.

The 8 men surrounding him are about to stab him in the head again when suddenly -

Get thrown at the crowd chasing Whiz, hopefully frightening them with the sight of a vomit-soaked man with a burning face hurtling toward them in a barrel covered in bling.

A shining barrel of quite cheap-looking bling flies through the air, a burning face barely visible through a tiny airhole and drips of vomit dribbling out through the bottom.

The barrel smacks one of the angry vigilantes directly in the head, removing the offending organ, which immediately bursts into flame and drops to the ground, where it rolls away a bit.

The remaining seven vigilantes try to withstand the mental horror of this unexpected assault, but fail, all of them simultaneously dropping to their knees and repeatedly retching out of sheer fear!

Ignoring the new acrid smell flooding over the area, Whiz gulps his potion, mumbles his magic, and dashes off like the fastest mummy ever seen, reaching the safety of the armour shop and bursting inside.

”Oh, hello sir! Did you know, you have a farm implement in your head?”

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)

Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.113
« Reply #1433 on: June 04, 2014, 08:23:53 am »

"Oi!  Me guts!  I just got those patched up!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: June 04, 2014, 08:25:57 am »

"Hm. I can see how tax collectors may have perished in this place, to be honest."

Time to test out this technique, to be named later if it works as intended:

Step One: Activate Sprint of Fury.
Step Two: Activating Gauntlet at the same time, run past all the tax collectors and chop at them with the Masterwork Flaming Axe of Death.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: June 04, 2014, 09:03:12 am »

Time to test out this technique, to be named later if it works as intended:

Step One: Activate Sprint of Fury.
Step Two: Activating Gauntlet at the same time, run past all the tax collectors and chop at them with the Masterwork Flaming Axe of Death.

Unleashing his furious burning weapon, Gervedder sprints forth, looking quite irritable!

He runs past the line of charging tax collectors, swinging at each with his flaming axe and hoping for the best as they smack at him with their vicious abacuses. As he skids to a halt near the end of the corridor, he turns to observe his handiwork, and smiles with irritated glee as the lead tax collector clutches his burning shin instinctively before realising his head has fallen off and is burning on the floor; a burning tax collector bursts into two, his lower body utterly severed; another tax collector smoulders on the floor, his chest cut off; and another stands there screaming at his severely bleeding and heavily burning face briefly, before dropping to the floor, quite dead.

All the brave Gervedder has suffered is a serious dent in the gut from an errant abacus!

One tax collector is left between the running madman and the other three adventurers: he throws his abacus at Gervedder’s head, which it bounces off, and tries to push his way past, and to freedom.

He manages to scramble through Sylvanna’s legs and halfway to safety!

Gervedder is at the end of the corridor, where he notices a deep hole, at the bottom of which appears to b-arrgh!

Gervedder observes too closely, and falls down the hole!

He falls down so hard that his foot snaps off upon landing, and a bleeding tax collector, who seems to have also fallen down the hole, immediately sets about him with his combat-abacus!

He bashes Gervedder severely in the chest, and starts frothing and counting at the poor one-footed messenger!

Wound Acquired: Gervedder Vietzo: Severed Foot!

Wound Acquired: Gervedder Vietzo: Bashed Chest!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.113 - combat miniturn of fury!
« Reply #1436 on: June 04, 2014, 09:11:06 am »

"Hm. Good idea, but the execution could use work," Gervedder observes.

Charge at the tax collector down here and slice him in half. If successful, begin working on reattaching foot.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: June 04, 2014, 09:13:24 am »

"Oh no you don't!"

Sic the Dronebongo on the last tax collector!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: June 04, 2014, 09:58:42 am »

"Oh no you don't!"

Sic the Dronebongo on the last tax collector!

Despite a kick in the backside which severely bruises the left buttock’s fat, the tax collector, recoiling in fear at the multiteethed Dronebongo, manages to flee further from the adventurous threesome! He will probably escape at the beginning of next turn.

Charge at the tax collector down here and slice him in half. If successful, begin working on reattaching foot.

Charging about in his small hole, Gervedder aims at the tax collector’s midriff and accidentally slices off the poor man’s face, leaving nought but a burning head. The tax collector drops down dead, so Gervedder decides to slice off his other foot, to at least have some form of symmetry in his hideous delimberment.

Luckily for him though, the flaming burniness of his axe immediately cauterises the wound, so at least he might not die next turn.

Wound Acquired: Gervedder Vietzo: Severed Other Foot!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: June 04, 2014, 09:59:06 am »

Ha ha!

Leap out of the barrel like a vomit Grover from Sesame Street and begin applying pain with my facelegthing!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 118