Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190710 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.105.5
« Reply #1350 on: April 07, 2014, 05:39:22 pm »

"Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!" Sylvanna answered, more than a trifle childishly.

Faint scratching sounds behind doors means Good Things! Onwards!

((Clearly, the solution is to begin guiding the plot as you see fit, securing your empire while those fools worry about trinkets.

Or just get some rope for hauling them around.

Hopefully unrelated, I will totally make a minion entirely befitting golden lingerie.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: April 08, 2014, 09:25:01 am »

((I added in a "go meet team" subaction, since I am now flush with new toys.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: April 11, 2014, 08:48:45 am »

((This is completely unrelated but I couldn’t think of a better place to put it. Inspired by Toaster’s game thread, I thought I would start my own game of Priest Fortress. I removed all useful skills from the 7 dwarfs, and replaced them with things like Comedian and Liar, since I couldn’t find Nudist and Swearer.

I then embarked in a terribly scary area, and immediately set to work designating a log wall around where I hoped a hole right into the ground would go.

Suffice to say that less than 4 minutes later the last dwarf was fleeing around the map pursued by several buffalo corpses, blood was everywhere, and I was wondering exactly what an Intense Eyeball was, because several of them seemed to be growing around the wagon, unless I was hideously mistaken, which I very likely was, given the panic.

Managed to build one z level of hole and maybe 10 squares of wall.

I will try again as soon as I can as I greatly enjoyed myself.))

((I will also try to update as soon as I can))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: April 11, 2014, 08:50:25 am »

((Oh dear.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: April 11, 2014, 01:03:33 pm »

((...And that was the last anyone ever heard of ol' Lawastooshort. Some says he started Dwarf Fortress again-and ne'er did the updates come around anymore, once that devil-game got a hold of em. Right shame.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: April 12, 2014, 01:43:52 pm »

((Clearly I meant Dense Staring Eyeball. Anyway, I have totally resisted a third attempt.))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: April 12, 2014, 02:41:20 pm »

Dense staring eyeball? That sounds fun. Do the dense staring eyeball.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.106
« Reply #1357 on: April 12, 2014, 02:43:04 pm »

Turn One Hundred and Six

Buy both.  Give Gerdevver 998 Yuros.  Inquire about foot repair services.  Equip robe and cloak.  Admire lack of nudity.

Then go link up with rest of team.

”Oh, sir. Ye olde missing foot. 'Tis a terrible bad thing, sire. You could try Doctor Juan, down Ecky Street, or Wizard Nelson, on Porridge Anvil Square, or... I dunno. The iron smith Ericke?”

Putting on his robe and cloak and securely stowing his wand in an easily accessible pocket, Tackov receives the news of his three foot-repair options with glowing equanimity, filled as he is with joy and amazement at his complete lack of nudity. He admires himself in the mirror as he leaves the store, and tries to think back to the last time he was dressed.

He thinks for so long the salesperson gets rather worried, and begins to approach him to see if he is suffering some kind of aneurysm, and is just realising that he should feel ashamed as a human but pleased as a salesperson that he is very very pleased that at least the wealthy wizard paid before suffering irreparable brain damage but oh gods I'm surely going to have to move him the big git when Tackov gives up, and leaves.

...He decides to celebrate his clothedness, and heads across town to Crikeyface Jack's place, where a thought occurs to him, and he heads to the gents, and sees the portal, and steps through it, and finds himself in his favourite place: directly behind (but not so close he can't discreetly glance downwards) Lady Foxglove Vainglorious the Third.

Toys Acquired: Tackov Cedtry: Burny-Vomity-Nakedy Wand; Robe of Improved Magic

Graciously accept money, return to axe shop. Wonder if I can get a Masterwork Flaming Axe of Death for 1000 Yuros. If yes, obtain it. If not obtain a Rapid Raging Anarchist Warrior of the Forest Axe for 1000 Yuros. Then go and look for as many teammates as reasonably possible.

”Why, good sir – for an obvious connoisseur like you what's fallen on hard times I most certainly would do you such a wondrous fine axe for a mere thousand yuros! It'd be my pleasure – just remember to come back when you come into the great deal of treasure that this mighty weapon will surely win you, darling.”

So saying, the alluring shopkeeper bids goodbye to Gervedder, who turns, sighing wistfully at the remembrance of his good lady wife, and sheaths his mighty flaming weapon, which temporarily puts it out a bit. He thinks to himself that, logically, he will be able to use the axe to find his way in the pitchest of blacks; but it also occurs to him that unless it is made of metal – in which case the heat may eventually slow roast his thigh – his axe-scabbard is going to burst into flame at some point.

He unsheaths his mighty flaming weapon, and turns to find as many of his colleagues as might be possible.

...He soon finds himself scattering innocent drinking folk this way and that as he strides through Crikeyface Jack's place to the latrines, where he walks through the portal and into the Temple of Sef, right behind Foxglove, Tackov, and the new and slightly stranger companion, Sylvanna the Felonious.

He makes a mental note to one day ask her the origin of her name. Perhaps it is a form of honorific, where she comes from.

Axe Acquired: Gervedder Vietzo: Masterwork Flaming Axe of Death!

Action: Onward!

Faint scratching sounds behind doors means Good Things! Onwards!

All of Lady Foxglove Vainglorious the Third and Sylvanna the Felonious and Tackov Cedtry the Clothed are quite determined to press onwards: so they do!

Gervedder joins them just as ...Sylvanna pushes open the door behind which are faint scratching sounds and ...narrowly avoids setting herself alight as a jet of flame bursts out the door frame.

Hearing the jet of flame, what appears to be a decaying troglodyte turns, in the middle of the room, and ambles towards the group of four. Although the light from Gervedder's axe is dim, it appears to be enough to show that there is nothing else moving or threatening in the room.

Apologize, and enter the mother-in-law's house.

"It looks like I've made a mistake," splutters Whiz to the dead woman in the rocking chair by the fire, "Forgive me, ma'am."

Without waiting for a response, the Magical Death Assassin pops out the house, goes back up the street to the correct female relative's door, ...and opens it, entering the house without anything untoward happening.

The small house – a cottage, really – is quite dingy. Whiz is in the front room, which has a low table by the small window looking out onto the street, and goes out the back towards the kitchen. Between the kitchen and the front room is a flight of stairs heading up.

Gather up broken barrel and Roñardo and go searching for a carpenter's place or a doctor.

...Not terribly far away, Bukkar el Enragedio picks up his bits of barrel and his faithful Mexican peasant Roñardo, and wanders the streets forlornly in search of a carpenter or doctor. Although many times distracted by passing drunks who nearly assault him, and passing smells of drink that nearly lead him astray, at the end of one street he spies a sign.

A sign hanging out from a shop-front.

A place, even.

A sign that is impossible to misinterpret.

Hanging above a shop-front at the end of the street is a sign which proudly displays a crudely drawn stethoscope, crossed with a crudely drawn saw, both perched above a crudely drawn horizontal hammer. Roñardo suddenly perks up.

”Señor! Señor El Bukkaro! It can only be none other than my amigo, Dr Juan, the only man in all of Nirila to have a PhD in carpentry! Señor! If any man can save your barrel, it is he, Dr Juan! Dr Juan one day did save my Auntie Hilda, who had a severe case of the Creeping Eejits – he did cut them out, and she did live for many a day! What torrential luck!”

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: April 12, 2014, 03:26:02 pm »

Up the stairs, and onward to glory, I charge! Also, dual-wield the two crossbows and shoot the dear old mother-in-law with two bolts as soon as I find her.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: April 12, 2014, 03:32:19 pm »

"Allow me to try something, good fellows."

Charge at the troglodyte with my Sprint of Fury if it is still a problem by the time the opportunity comes up, and try chop its bits off with my Masterwork Flaming Axe of Death. Go low - try to take off at least one of its leg, or preferably slice it in half at the midsection.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: April 12, 2014, 05:01:27 pm »

This is good news! Bukkar cheerful!

Enter!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: April 12, 2014, 10:21:24 pm »

Tackov is too busy checking out what is in front of him to really notice the melee in front of him.  Once he does, though, he does some quick math.

"Yeah, I think you melee types have this!"

If the others can't kill it, Wind Blast I the trogo into the wall.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: April 13, 2014, 04:52:50 am »

"Allow me to try something, good fellows."
"Okay!"

Thoroughly analyze the troglodyte whilst everyone else tries to chop its bits into pieces.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.107
« Reply #1363 on: April 19, 2014, 03:28:50 pm »

Turn One Hundred and Seven

Deep(ish) in the Temple of Sef, Gervedder is busily advancing The Plot...

Charge at the troglodyte with my Sprint of Fury if it is still a problem by the time the opportunity comes up, and try chop its bits off with my Masterwork Flaming Axe of Death. Go low - try to take off at least one of its leg, or preferably slice it in half at the midsection.

"Allow me to try something, good fellows!" rings out his hearty battle-cry, as he wangs up his Masterwork Flaming Axe of Death and charges as fast as he can at the undead trogolothing approaching the four adventurers.

There's a flash of steel and flame as ...whoosh! Gervedder's new axe sweeps up from the zombie's guts and all the way up to the face, causing multiple severings!

The guts fall off, the face falls out, and very heavy bleeding shoots out of both wounds, surrounded by very heavy fire!

The troglodyte zombie collapses in a terrible heap of extradeath.

"Yeah, I think you melee types have this!" summarises Tackov, who consequently does nothing this turn.

Thoroughly analyze the troglodyte whilst everyone else tries to chop its bits into pieces.

Sylvanna, though, does do something – she walks over to thoroughly check out the various bits of troglodyte, ...one of which leaps up and grabs her viciously by the throat!

...The burning length of zombie intestines throttles Sylvanna as hard and burningly as it can, but only causes mild discomfort! Sylvanna tries to peel it off, ...but fails, leaving herself open to another attack, and another round of throttling, ...which ends with the human girl tearing the repulsive and very warm thing from off her neck, throwing it to the ground, and ...kicking it superhard across the room, where it splats against a wall.

Sylvanna breathes again, and adjusts her clothing slightly in a bid to appear totally nonchalant.

Up the stairs, and onward to glory, I charge! Also, dual-wield the two crossbows and shoot the dear old mother-in-law with two bolts as soon as I find her.

Back in town, on the surface, Whiz charges upstairs, where he comes face to face with the dear old mother-in-law with her three cats.

...Whiz busts a crossbow bolt straight through the pensioner's chest with his right hand crossbow, murdering her immediately, before tripping over a cat, stumbling, and shooting himself seriously through the guts with his left hand crossbow.

Severe blood starts coming out!

All three cats advance towards Whiz and stare at him disarmingly.

Wound Acquired: Whiz: Punctured Guts!

Enter!

This is good news! Bukkar cheerful!

A short distance away, the cheerful Bukkar can't work out why, but he suddenly feels weak and feeble.

He enters the shopfront of Dr Juan.

”Yes, señor? It looks like you have a problem with... your barrel... Ah! Roñardo! How delightful to see you, mi amigo! How are your grunions doing? Much better, I hope? You have been applying the paste?”

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.107
« Reply #1364 on: April 19, 2014, 04:08:11 pm »

"Everything is fine!" Sylvanna declared cheerfully, throwing her arms up for effect.

Examine the room! You never know where there might be hidden treasures.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 118