Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190743 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.105
« Reply #1335 on: April 06, 2014, 08:44:13 am »

"Say, have you any money, Tackov? I may need to make a purchase. Specifically, either 3, 898 or 998 Yuros?"

While Tackov will probably be willing to loan you money, I'm calling Gerdevver's math into question here.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: April 06, 2014, 08:45:21 am »

"Say, have you any money, Tackov? I may need to make a purchase. Specifically, either 3, 898 or 998 Yuros?"

While Tackov will probably be willing to loan you money, I'm calling Gerdevver's math into question here.

Also, I thought cloaks and robes weren't really the same thing- cloaks being open in the front and robes... not.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 08:50:01 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: April 06, 2014, 09:05:22 am »

((I've got 2 Yuros already, apparently, so I don't see the problem.))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: April 06, 2014, 11:42:52 am »

((I think you might be right there, Toaster. Whoops.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: April 06, 2014, 11:47:26 am »

((I've got 2 Yuros already, apparently, so I don't see the problem.))

Derp, I somehow missed the burning axe post, and was wondering why you needed 900 yuros for a 250/500/750/1000 axe.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: April 06, 2014, 11:58:32 am »

"Oi, one second Gerdevver, I should have some left over for you.  Couple questions- that hat that boosts magic occasionally, how many spells is that good for?  Just one or a couple of the ol' time units worth?  Does it come in robe form?   Finally, that house special burny-vomity-nakedy wand: that sounds delightful.  How much for a 25-shot wand of that one?

And what's the green farthing to yuro exchange rate in these parts?"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.105.5
« Reply #1341 on: April 06, 2014, 02:10:23 pm »

Turn One Hundred and Five and a Half

"Oi, one second Gerdevver, I should have some left over for you.  Couple questions- that hat that boosts magic occasionally, how many spells is that good for?  Just one or a couple of the ol' time units worth?  Does it come in robe form?   Finally, that house special burny-vomity-nakedy wand: that sounds delightful.  How much for a 25-shot wand of that one?

And what's the green farthing to yuro exchange rate in these parts?"

”Well, yon Burny-Vomity-Nakedy Wand is a thousand yuros, good sir wizard. You might think that is steep, but your enemies will, briefly, hate you.

A Robe of Improved Magic, for another thousand yuros is a good match for this particular wand, improving the magic of every subspell you cast, you see – and you can doubly taunt your naked enemy by yourself being rather well covered – as one of my magical robes it offers a +1 protection against inadvertent and unwanted nudity. It lasts for enough time to get off two spells, but can take a while to recharge... The protection against nudity, of course, doesn't need to recharge – this is just something I like to stitch into all my robes, having had a bit of a nudity problem when I was younger... Whole reason I had to leave the Order, you know...

A green farthing, here as elsewhere, is 100 green farthings to the yuro, as far as I remember...”

So it is redeath you wish, then?! Very well. MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAAAT!

ENTER: MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAAAT MODE!

Bukkar is totally psyched, man – he's never fought fist to fist with an elderly woman zombie before. Elderly, woman, zombie – yes. All three at once? No way man! Awesome! YEAH! DUN! DUN DUN DUN! DUN DUN DUN! DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Bukkar gets to go first, because his opponent is both elderly, and a zombie. He punches her in the face! ...But the elderly ladyzombie is quicker than she looks, and she raises an elderly zombie fist to block the blow!

In turn, she catches Bukkar's hand in a semi-death grip, and lowers her face towards it, to gnaw away the flesh and infect elderlyzombieism! ...Bukkar pulls himself away just as the teeth make contact, and backflips back, trying to flying backflipdropkick her in the face!

...He falls on his own though, leaving him open to a deadly counterattack as the hideous fiend comes at him, arms stretched, ...and trips, shattering her femur.

But Bukkar has no pity for elderly zombie fools! As she lies there, moaning and groaning on the curb, he lines up his fist, expresses his inner lightning storm, and bam! ...Fecks her head right into tiny little pieces!

He is nevertheless careful to wipe the bits of spatter from his face before they dribble into his mouth and turn him into a zombie, or a lady, or even an elderly.

Enter the stepmother's house.

Ignoring the yellow door of the shopkeeper's mother-in-law, Whiz – all terrifying bandages and shining groin – shuffles past to the next house, a pleasant baby blue coloured door.

...He busts it down with his bare fists, strolls in, and inflicts an immediate death of shock (or heart attack, it's hard to tell: she basically screams and flops down dead as a doorbell or is it doormouse) on the dainty old stepmother sitting in a rocking chair by the fire. The stepmother's sister rushes in from the kitchen carrying a rolling pin and wearing a floury apron, screams, and turns to flee back from whence she came, and then out the back door and down the garden path, where she starts trying to climb over the garden wall, without tremendous success, seeing as she is ninety seven.

Uhhhh... follow Lady Foxglove!

Across town, Sylvanna follows Lady Foxglove, and joins her in the lovely joining part between an up stairs and a down stairs; a portal and a wooden door -  a wooden door that Foxglove is contemplating quite vigorously.

The wooden door has a slight sound of scratching going on behind it.

Both of them seem to be able to visualise their surroundings a little better than they could a turn ago.

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.105.5
« Reply #1342 on: April 06, 2014, 02:33:00 pm »

Everyone loves stylishly dressed flesh golems!

Tackov nods and gets out his coin pouch.  "Most excellent!  I'll take them both, and I hope you don't mind if I wear them out.  Do you happen to know anyone around here who could help with this?"  He indicated his lack of foot.  "And here, sir messenger, take this."

Buy both.  Give Gerdevver 998 Yuros.  Inquire about foot repair services.  Equip robe and cloak.  Admire lack of nudity.

Then go link up with rest of team.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 09:24:29 am by Toaster »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: April 06, 2014, 02:58:07 pm »

FATALITY!
What was I doing again?

Gather up broken barrel and Rońardo and go searching for a carpenter's place or a doctor.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: April 06, 2014, 03:02:50 pm »

Put me on the waitlist.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: April 06, 2014, 04:43:40 pm »

"It looks like I've made a mistake. Forgive me, ma'am."

Apologize, and enter the mother-in-law's house.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 06:16:32 pm by Chink »

Nunzillor

« Reply #1346 on: April 06, 2014, 06:58:25 pm »

Lmao, poor stepmother...

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: April 07, 2014, 03:35:59 am »

Put me on the waitlist.

I am admiring of and flattered by your optimism.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: April 07, 2014, 09:45:33 am »

"You are too kind, Tackov. I will be sure to repay you this amount at a future date, in money or attached limbs."

Graciously accept money, return to axe shop. Wonder if I can get a Masterwork Flaming Axe of Death for 1000 Yuros. If yes, obtain it. If not obtain a Rapid Raging Anarchist Warrior of the Forest Axe for 1000 Yuros. Then go and look for as many teammates as reasonably possible.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 11:21:11 am by Harry Baldman »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: April 07, 2014, 01:26:13 pm »

Lady Foxglove started pulling Sylvanna forward.

"It's this way! This way toward adventure!" she cried, a trifle girlishly.

Action: Onward!

((...tho in all honesty, I'm getting tired of driving the story on and on while the other players play loop-de-loops and make yuros whilst I remain broke, because I'm using my actions to drive the plot. :P

Everyone join us in the dungeon when you're done fucking around, and then we'll go attack the castle together, kk.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 118