Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190767 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.99
« Reply #1260 on: February 11, 2014, 09:55:04 pm »

Perhaps better to have turnstipation than turnarrhea.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.100
« Reply #1261 on: February 15, 2014, 04:03:14 pm »

Turn One Hundred!

Two can play at that game! Use valiant dead kobolds to repair dronebongo!

"What nasty fatlings even HERE FOR?" wonders Rattlefang, not having looked at the notes spoiler at the end of the turn which usefully contains a reminder of the quest objective in case it is lost sight of in the long delays between turns, "You smash everything shiny, you get hacked to bitses and still fightings?! Does fatlings hate own faces and mine groinses that badly?"

In blind fury – which is never the best state for complicated surgical procedures aimed at fixing sentient musical instruments – Rattlefang tears the leg off the nearest kobold body, and immediately collapses to the floor sideways, blood pouring out of his thighstump.

...With his last ounce of energy – and blood – he drags himself on his elbows towards DroneBongo, and thrusts his own severed leg into the bloodthirsty beast.

Wound Acquired: Rattlefang the Monolegged: Severed Left Leg!

Leg Acquired: DroneBongo the Monolegged: Left Leg!

Quote from: DroneBongo!
Attack!

Just then, the merciless and unfeeling deathtambourine himself, DroneBongo El Secundo, chases after ...the terrified fleeing Bukkar Crangrom the Naked and Filthy and ...tears the clothsless human's leg from its socket.

Blood covers the room in semi-comical and barely believable sprays as the bongo starts to eat Bukkar's right leg whole!

Then it stops, as if to think, and everyone present stares at the musical fiend, sure that he's wondering who he should chomp on next.

But no!

DroneBongo spits Bukkar’s leg out, leaps on top, and proceeds to interact with it vigorously – until the protruding thigh bone is lodged firmly in DroneBongo’s remaining gaping wound!

Wound Acquired: Bukkar Crangrom! Severed Left Leg!

Leg Acquired: DroneBongo the Doublelegged: Left Leg!

Just then, Bukkar Crangrom passes out from the pain, or the blood loss, or the death.

Rattlefang, on the very edge of life himself, is suddenly moved.

”Noses!” he cries, ”It wasn’t meant to be like this!”

He wails and bleeds and thrashes about on the floor dramatically for several seconds.

”Noses! It was meant to be more glorious! There was meants to be more challengeseses to single combats! More nudity! I did dreams of it, sent to me by the godses!”

Rattlefang draws himself up to his feet with his staff, and beseeches lustily unto the godses:

”Godses! You said, Rattlefang, you and the strongest fatsy lumpling not die of leg loss, but of bravery and heroisms! Of single combatses!”

He waves his arms in the air, letting go of the staff and nearly falling flat on his face, whereupon there is a sudden crack in the ceiling, and as if a voice from the heavens doth speak unto the Throne Room, whose Throne no one has yet sat upon, in case you forgot that you hadn’t managed.

”RATTLEFANGSES! YOU ARE CORRECT, OH WISE TINY LIZARDY THINGSES! YOU SHALL NOT DIE OF LEG LOSSES. YON REPULSIVE HUMAN SHALL NOT DIE OF LEG LOSSES. BEHOLD: A BLESSING TO YE BOTH, FROM THE KOBOLD GODSES: IMMUNITY TO DEATH FROM LEG LOSS FOR ALL ETERNITY! AND BEHOLD ONCE MORE: YE SHALL BOTH LIVE AGAIN, ON ONE CONDITION: YON SINGLE COMBATSES SHALL BE FOUGHT FORTHWITH, UNDER THIS VERY CRACK, THAT WE KOBOLD GODSES SHALL WATCH THROUGH IT, AND PLACE BETSES UPON YOU.”

Blessing Acquired! Rattlefang the Impervious: Full Health and Mana and Immunity to Death From Leg Loss!

Blessing Acquired! Bukkar Crangrom the Returned: Full Health and Mana and Immunity to Death From Leg Loss!

Curse of the Godses Acquired: Rattlefang the Doomed: Must Fight Single Combat to the Death with Bukkar Crangrom or be stricken by the Godses !

Curse of the Godses Acquired: Bukkar Crangrom the Doomed: Must Fight Single Combat to the Death with Rattlefang or be stricken by the Godses!

FORTHWITH

SECOND CHANCE SINGLE COMBAT MODE ENTERED!

Round One
Initiative, Bukkar Crangrom: 7
Initiative, Rattlefang: 7
Simultaneous Strike!

Bukkar Crangrom, leaping literally into action, activates RAGE FLIGHT! He hurls himself and his FIST OF LIGHTNING at Rattlefang, who raises his staff at Bukkar's face!

...Bukkar misses; ... Rattlefang draws first bruise in free counterattack riposte, and then ...misses himself.

Round Two
Initiative, Bukkar Crangrom (still flying, +1 attack): 7
Initiative, Rattlefang (+1 defence this turn) : 3
Bukkar Strikes First!

Bukkar wheels and turns in the air, coming in for another run, waving his sword in front of him like a propeller and activating his DAKKA RAGEZORS: ...first Rattlefang's left arm falls off, and then  ...his face bursts into flame!

Oh noses!

...So offended is Rattlefang at having his noses burst into flame, he entirely misses when he tries to poke Bukkar in the ribs with his staff!

Wound Acquired: Rattlefang: Severed Left Arm

Flames Acquired: Rattlefang: On Face

Healthses:
[HP: 85/85]
[HP: 35/75]

Round Three
Initiative, Bukkar Crangrom: 11
Initiative, Rattlefang: 10
Bukkar Strikes First!

Seeing the chance to finish him, Bukkar drops to the ground, charges at Rattlefang, and ...swings his sword of severing so viciously at the kobold's severed arm – which is on the floor, lest we forget – that he slices right through, and severs the ground! The sword falls through the newly severed groundhole, and Bukkar tumbles forward after it, almost falling through the groundhole himself!

...Counterattacking viciously at his fallen opponent, Rattlefang first smashes Bukkar's arm with one blow, and then spins his staff round to smack Bukkar with the other end, breaking the stinking human's stinking guts!

Wound Acquired: Bukkar Crangrom: Smashed Left Arm

Wound Acquired: Bukkar Crangrom: Broken Guts

Healthses:
[HP: 55/85]
[HP: 35/75]

Round Four
Initiative, Bukkar Crangrom -1 to dodge: 2
Initiative, Rattlefang, +1 defence: 12
Rattlefang Strikes First!

Both fighters are beaten and bloodied – as Bukkar gets to his feet, having briefly peered down the gap in the severed floor after his lost sword, Rattlefang smacks him again in the guts with his staff, ...totally pointlessly.

Bukkar is getting angrier than usual and turns to face the kobold, bereft of his favourite and only sword and also emptied of any magical means of violence, except the power coursing through his foot: the power to ignite arses.

Alas! Rattlefang is facing him, and the kobol's arse is inaccessible. Bukkar just tries to revenge stomp him in the guts, but ...is as incompetent as the kobold.

Round Five
Initiative, Bukkar Crangrom, -1 to dodge:: 4
Initiative, Rattlefang: 10
Rattlefang Strikes First!

Rattlefang strikes first, ...rather rubbishly. Laughing at the feebleness of his opponent, ...Bukkar is too distracted to do any better himself. The four consecutive non-wounding strikes take their toll on the GM, who decides not to roll initiative again until something actually happens, and so, like a flash of lightning, Rattlefang ...misses again, leaving himself open to Bukkar's tremendous counterattack ...which results in him tripping up and falling on the poor kobold, severely bruising them both! At last the GM gets to type out the health statuseses!

Wound Acquired: Bukkar Crangrom: Grazed Knee

Wound Acquired: Rattlefang: Badly Bruised Head

Healthses:
[HP: 45/85]
[HP: 25/75]

Round Six
Initiative, Bukkar Crangrom, -1 to dodge:: 6
Initiative, Rattlefang: 4
Bukkar Crangrom Strikes First!

Sensing that they are both near the end, that his opponent is roughly two thirds dead, and that the godses would be displeased if this goes on past a seventh round, Bukkar leaps up, and senses a fourth thing. The kobold's arse.

Right there.

Just in front of him.

He swings his foot.

...Bukkar breaks the kobold's arse! The arse bursts into flame!

Wound Acquired: Rattlefang: Broken Arse

Flames Acquired: Rattlefang: On Arse

”RHOHOHO!” booms one of the godses, ”I WI-”

”No!” cries Rattlefang, interrupting the godses, ”No! I never findses why humie fatlumps shoot my groinses! Kill my peopleses! Smash up my thingses! Why, stinky nasty nakedlings, why?!”

"We're here for your magic drum!

Which I'm at least 65% sure is actually an important component of something else we need. I mean, if it's not, well-Oops? Our bad!"

"What?! You come all this way and bash up all my thingses just to steal shamanic dronebongo? And then you shoots it too!

What could dronebongo be parts of? I never sees any sockets on its."

"No, you scaly fool - it's not actually a drum at all, so we guess. But why don't you hold still a moment longer so I can properly explain it..."

Lady Foxglove raises her warsquid as if to threaten a finishing blow.

"Not actually drumses? How could not actually be drumses! Me plays its right before it begins nomming faces. Lumpy fatling deranged! I hope it noms the rest of your faces! It is actually drumses, and will actually have vengeances!"

Rattlefang has a think for a moment, as if seeing the cherry blossoms of death.

"Waitses. Is dronebongo technically drum? Is dronebongo technically magic? Is just sentient tambourine – Guardian of the Magic Drum of Mount Kuriel. To summon the magic drum... I tell you, but you promise not to kill further koboldses. You promise to leave my wifeses. My koboldlingses. To summon my drum, you must sit on the Magical Throne. Every eejit knowses this."

More than one adventurer steps or crawls towards the throne, and Rattlefang utters his last wordses.

"Dronebongo kill last non-kobold to try this, though... You fight him, I let you have my Magical Drum of Mount Kuriel, Hypnotiser of a Thousand Kobold Ladies, and Flayer of a Thousand Tiny Guinea Pigses... Ohhhhh... My arse... It burnses..."

Action: Execute 100 hit swordsquid combo on Rattlefat the Atrocious! SUPERB!

"Up, down, left, up, high slash, trigger, low slash, block..." cries Lady Foxglove suddenly, breaking the stunned silence and leaping through the air waving a giant squid.

...She brings it down heavily on Rattlefang's head, piercing several tendons in the skull.

Rearrange the bandages on my chest to stop the bleeding.

Studiously avoiding this gratuitous brutality, Whiz rearranges some of his bandages, ...failing miserably to soak up any extra blood, although it probably doesn't matter now anyway.

Well, time for covering fire! Shuffle from one side to the next and fire at Rattlefang's arm! Slowly but surely he will be rid of all his bodily parts.

...Gervedder considers committing a brutal atrocity himself, wondering if he could shoot off the dead kobold's arm from here, but decides against it, thinking it probably wouldn't be very in character.

Accept medical help while I channel my rage to heal myself or something.

...Bukkar, meanwhile, the first of the band of adventurer's to be blessed by the gods, sits there, angrily. He wonders what else he can do to accept help. He bleeds on the floor for a bit whilst he waits.

He doesn't have long to wait.

He doesn't actually have a reason to wait, since he's been blessed by the godses, but Tackov wasn't listening to that bit.

Use Medha as spare parts to stop the various bleedings.  Fill saucepan with her blood and add it back to me.  Use her bandages to tie it all together.

If there are bits left over, patch up Bukkar too.  Maybe her severed face could be his new neck?  That wouldn't be creepy at all.

Tackov is about to die, and suddenly suffers a sudden burst of clarity. He is dying from the head? He collects the blood of his late companion with his saucepan, and slams it repeatedly into his face until the pain stops.

...The bleeding stops too, although it's hard to tell, as there's a saucepan of blood all over his face.

Realising he's onto something here, perhaps a new branch of medicine, perhaps a miracle cureall that could even save the world, he slams the saucepan repeatedly up his severed leg stump.

...It won't take the same size shoe as his last leg did, he reckons, but it's certainly better than nothing.

Magical Saucepan Acquired: Tackov Cedtry: Magical Saucepan

Finally, after several minutes of admiring his new leg, he spies Bukkar. Broken Bukkar. There on the ground in a pool of his own leg blood because although the gods did indeed grant him full health and mana, they didn't sew his leg back on – or even steal it back off DroneBongo the Vengeful.

But! What to do? There is only one magical saucepan to go round – but then Tackov realises. There are no spare saucepans. But there is a spare face.

Grabbing the spare face lying inches from Medha's mostly dead body, he sticks it to Bukkar's naked thigh with a few dabs of spit, and kicks the spare face with his new magical medical saucepan leg until it stops falling off.

Tackov steps back, and admires Bukkar's new leg.

...It's hideous.

Faceleg Acquired: Bukkar Crangrom: Stony Facelegthing

But Tackov doesn't care, because suddenly... suddenly he realises something. It feels...

”Hey guys? You feel that?”

”Yeah, I feel that...”

”You already tried to feel mine back on the squid, windfiend...”

”I think I feel that?”

”It feels like... It feels like...”

IT FEELS LIKE HE HAS REACHED LEVEL FOUR!

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.100
« Reply #1262 on: February 15, 2014, 07:35:17 pm »

"Hey Foxy!  Looks like I have the magic leg now, ho ho ho!"

Sit on the throne!  Wind Blast any opponents that hinder me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: February 16, 2014, 03:03:31 am »

"So the tambourine was our main adversary all along? That does actually make sense."

Shoot the dronebongo in the knee.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: February 16, 2014, 03:06:59 am »

UPGRADE AQUIRED. BARREL MODE ACTIVATE.

Get back in barrel!
Then go beat the pudding out of the drum or something.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: February 16, 2014, 04:30:39 am »

((I am probably just going to jump straight into a miniturn for Tackov's sitting on the Throne as soon as I get the chance))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: February 16, 2014, 07:49:03 am »

Nasty fatlings, shootings me in the groin just because I severedses half your faces. Or maybe you severeds your own faces, I don't remembers.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: February 16, 2014, 09:42:00 am »

Lady Foxglove sheathed her squid, and knelt down to pick up the sword of severing-which might gone totally unmentioned ever again!

"Now, this is a knife! Let's see if we can't do something about this uncreative name..."

Action: Pick up the sword of severing and use it on the Dronebongo!

Also, rename the sword The 'Ravens Wingblade"
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 09:43:45 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.101
« Reply #1268 on: February 16, 2014, 03:48:17 pm »

Turn One Hundred and One

Sit on the throne!  Wind Blast any opponents that hinder me.

"So the tambourine was our main adversary all along?" wonders Gervedder, aloud. "That does actually make sense."

Tackov though, is too busy leaping into action to think. Bragging action!

"Hey Foxy!  Looks like I have the magic leg now, ho ho ho!"

Then he runs forward, every other foot step a resounding metal thud, and throws his arse onto Rattlefang's Throne.

...Although slightly too small for Tackov's arse, the Throne is actually quite comfy. As he settles down into it, there's a click, and a slightly distant whirring sound much like the commencing rattle of chains.

Too giddy with the power of the Throne to worry about the terrible fate that might be about to befall him, Tackov just stares in wonder as a part of the ceiling opens up and down comes, lowered slowly on chains of gold, or gold plating, an intricately decorated ritual platform. It's made of solid rock, and seems to be intricately decorated with, around the edges, pictures of guinea pigs being flayed and, on the top surface, pictures of Rattlefang seducing a great number of ladykobolds. As it descends further to come down past head height, Tackov can't help noticing this rather graphic decoration, and does his best not to make eye contact with any of the decoration Rattlefangs, but eventually can't help but notice that the intimately decorated ritual platform is empty.

Exceedingly empty.

Tackov leans forward to grasp the platform, running his hands over it gingerly to see if there's some kind of secret compartment.

There very clearly isn't, and almost as clearly isn't actually room for one, and just as Tackov decides this, DroneBongo the Magnificent is stirred into action. The tambourine jumps up, bounds across the room like a puppy, throws himself at Tackov, and begins to lick the windmage's cheek.

Deathtambourine Acquired: Tackov Cedtry: DroneBongo!

Shoot the dronebongo in the knee.

Gervedder is about to, possibly jealously given that Tackov has seemingly finally gained enough levels in Wind Mage to acquire a familiar, shoot the tambourine in the knee, when there's a sudden commotion! The door in the corner of the Throne Room bursts open, and a human runs in, a slightly ill looking kobold shuffling along after him.

The human, chains still dangling from his wrists, and looking slightly the worse for wear, stops after getting a few feet into the room, and stares.

He stares at the empty ritual platform. He stares at Tackov. He stares at the tambourine licking Tackov's face vigorously. He stares at foxy Lady Foxglove, sheathing her squid. He stares at the mummified Whiz. He peers curiously at the shuffling movement beyond the hole in the roof. He stares at the naked Bukkar. A crinkling of repulsion crosses his face, naturally.

Get back in barrel!
Then go beat the pudding out of the drum or something.

At this, Bukkar flees into his barrel, and slams the lid down tight.

Roñardo! Roñardo! he cries, in his strange hollow metallic voice, The strange man saw me naked, Roñardo!

”Who... who are you?”

The newcomer stares at Tackov.

”You... you control... you control DroneBongo? How can this be? That... that fiend tortured me for days...”

He looks closely and carefully at the empty ritual platform again.

”And the Magic Drum? You have that too? My quest... my quest is lost.”

Action: Pick up the sword of severing and use it on the Dronebongo!

Also, rename the sword The 'Ravens Wingblade"

Used to men appearing out of nowhere and eyeing her up whilst probably rubbing their knees, Lady Foxglove gets down to more important business. Specifically, she gets down to kneeling by the groundhole in the Throne Room floor.

...Like an expert, she kneels down far enough to reach her arm into the endless chasm, and, after much grunting and groaning, manages to pull out the Sword of Severing! Crikey mate!

"Now, this is a knife! Let's see if we can't do something about this uncreative name..."

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.101
« Reply #1269 on: February 16, 2014, 03:56:06 pm »

"I feel slightly enriched by this experience," Gervedder says from his high perch. "It is certainly a shame that Medha died, however. She shall be missed."

Listen carefully. Do I hear anything else moving in the fortress aside from my companions?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: February 16, 2014, 04:07:30 pm »

Ah HA! A competing adventurer are we? Come to take my loot? Well I'll not have that! Roñardo! Toss!

Flying barrel tackle the rival adventurer!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: February 16, 2014, 06:37:47 pm »

"I feel slightly enriched by this experience," Gervedder says from his high perch. "It is certainly a shame that Medha died, however. She shall be missed."

Listen carefully. Do I hear anything else moving in the fortress aside from my companions?

"Medwho?

...Ahh, bad joke. Indeed. I felt she was never quite comfortable in the hero business...Hopefully she's in own special Heaven. Or Hell. Whichever she enjoys more.

Also! No Drum! We've been flummoxed! All we've gained is a description less teammate and a man-eating tambourine!"

She had a sudden red, fishy feeling in her gut...

Action: Search the room for more red herrings
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: February 17, 2014, 10:52:59 am »

Tackov eyeballed the dronebongo.  Despite it lacking a face, it appeared to be eyeballing him back.  At least it appeared to be eyeing him all friendly-like.  Huh.

"Er... good boy?  Have a bit of kobold?"

He offered it a bit of kobold meat.

"I think it decided I was its master since its old one died and I sat on the throne.  Rather funny, really.  He's kinda cute when he's not trying to eat you."

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: February 18, 2014, 11:40:51 am »

"Mmph, mmph mmph mmph."

Continue attempting to wrap my wounds up, seeking help all the while.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: March 01, 2014, 02:00:53 am »

Hello chums - just to let you know I'll probably be delayed another week due to work commitments. Got IO's sheet done though, which is a good start.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 118