Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190788 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.98
« Reply #1230 on: January 22, 2014, 03:29:14 pm »

((Boomp!))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: January 22, 2014, 04:20:16 pm »

((Sorry! Bit overbusy with work and I kind of haven't done a pigeon turn for over 3 weeks - and this one will have a twist, so, you know... Will be on it as soon as I can))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: January 22, 2014, 05:37:03 pm »

((THOU ART SLOTHFUL.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: January 22, 2014, 10:38:32 pm »

((Tiruin throws *cheers and praise and hopeful postage as well as gifts of joy* onto la. Catalyst-post-formula, goo! :D))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.99
« Reply #1234 on: January 30, 2014, 03:16:01 pm »

nonononon silly enter key
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 03:24:15 pm by lawastooshort »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: January 30, 2014, 03:44:09 pm »

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.99
« Reply #1236 on: January 30, 2014, 03:54:48 pm »

Turn Ninety Nine

Throw Sword of Severing at Rattlefang while running away!

IDOHELPFULACTION bleeds Bukkar, on the floor, as he turns to flee from the terrible dronebongo and his companion Rattlefang and, to demonstrate the slight lack of truth in this statement, throws his extremely sharp and dangerous sword over his shoulder.

The Sword of Severing lands at Rattlefang’s feet, miraculously and indeed mediocrely managing to miss absolutely everyone else in the room.

Given the odds of hitting someone other than Rattlefang with a blind sword toss this is probably a good thing.

Action: Dual swording+squid bites on Rattlesnap the Precocious

Irritated at smelling of eels which, unbeknown to Lady Foxglove, she has in fact done ever since the day she stuffed 700 eels down h-

-down her inventory? Let’s just say somewhere in her inventory. Pockets?

Lady Foxglove isn’t very pleased, because she smells eely, so she rushes at Rattlefang, her sword in one hand and her squid in the other. The sword misses, but the squid is just about to rip apart Rattlefang’s gutflesh when suddenly his last minion leaps through the air in slow motion, throwing himself valiantly and wastefully in the vicious squid’s maw!

There’s some fearsome munching sounds, and then the warsquid spits a battered and lifeless kobold corpse out at Rattlefang’s feet.

It lands on the Sword of Severing, entirely gratuitously.

Shuffle about and shoot the dronebongo again. It is clearly the most dangerous combatant here. It would be good to have it on our side, with its unmitigated and unrelenting savagery, but what can you do? Sometimes people just end up on different sides in a war.

Gervedder, almost entirely free from any kind of danger at all apart from the occasional stray crossbow bolt, shuffles rhythmically about around his hole, and takes potshots at the feral tambourine below.

It’s a tricky target to hit, but Gervedder manages it, and soon he can make out another trickle of blood running out of a wound in the dronebongo’s flank. He can’t be entirely sure because it's quite hard to read the facial expressions of a drum, but it looks like the bongo is in pain.

"Oi!  You'll pay for that!  That was me standing leg for when I'm kicking your arse!"

Wrap up the bleeding in the Cloak I still have, should someone COUGH MEDHA not give me some bandages.  Uh, didn't mean to sword you!

Elsewhere, the drum's victim, Tackov the One Legged Naked Terror, is definitely in pain. Luckily he’s a man, so instead of showing it, the pain of his severed leg is manifesting itself in anger and swearing.

There’s only one viable solution: he whips off his Cloak, getting nakeder in the process, and wraps it around his leg.

He crawls away, satisfied at a job well done, and realises that he is now over here, and his severed leg, expertly wrapped in his expensive magic cloak, is over there.

As his leg continues to bleed, he inconveniently passes out from the pain a bit.

Suddenly he wakes up, and realises, as he spies the dronebongo rushing disinterestedly away from him, that by playing dead he has avoided a fate worse than death.

Death by dronebongo.

Although if he continues to bleed for two more turns that’s exactly the fate he’s going to have.

Quote from: ravenous dronebongo
feed

The ravenous dronebongo, brought whimsically to life by Gervedder Vietzo and now being repeatedly stabbed from afar by the very same cruel man, is weakened. Its tired. It retreats to its master, Rattlefang, under attack by a fearsome squid and an eely-smelling lumpy human. The magnificent dronebongo stares Lady Foxglove in the eye with his own beady little eyes, bares his teeth, and leaps.

It will claim mastery of the deadly squid for his cherished shamanoleader!

...Foxglove bats it away to the ground.

The dronebongo's eyes don't leave the squid for a second as it lands and circles the great warbeast.

Try to get that war squid again!

Rattlefang is quite irritated at the general turn of events.

"Eeeh!"

This bunch of eejits has made a hole in his mountain.

"You shoots me in groin?"

Filled his front door with rocks.

"What kinds of monster burst into someoneses home, bash up walls and floor?"

Set his mountainside on fire.

"Get grubby hands all over precious thingses?!"

Violently assaulted his pet drum.

"And then shoots great leader in groin?!"

And shot him in the groin.

"Has lumpy fatlings no limits at all? Who sends you?!"

Deliberately.

The angry shaman, having narrowly avoided the vicious bite of the flying octosquid's hideous jaws mere seconds ago, is so angry he flings himself right at them, mistakenly thinking that perhaps this is the best way to mount the warsquid: via its teeth.

It's not, and as he flails about in the squid's gigantic mouth the squid suddenly realises he is flailing about in his gigantic mouth, and takes a bite, ...and misses completely.

Rattlefang blinks, looks from side to side, and hops out.

Quote from: Medha
Action for Medha should Errol remain steadfastly missing: heal self even if anybody else helps and utilize free face attack to chop off one of Rattlefang's limbs. If Necklace of the Ribless happens to be functional, use that on Rattlefang as well

He's on his feet for just a second and then suddenly a new fatling, but this one noticeably more hideous than the others, if it were at all possible which, really, it is, rushes towards him.

She's bleeding heavily from at least the chest, and looks... a bit deformed. She has a particularly horrifying head, and as she gets near Rattlefang she ducks, tries to smash the chieftain's face off with it, slips on some of the blood lying around, and flies into the nearest wall.

Terrified, Rattlefang counterattacks with pure instinct as the pale horror speeds past, sticking his staff out in its path with a violent thrust, utterly severing Medha Correo's awful face.

There's blood everywhere.

Rattlefang pokes the corpses of the mangled kobold before him with his big toe, and looks angrily at the adventurers.

”You makes messes of my groin, my throne room, and my koboldses! But I have another groin! I have another throne room! I have more koboldses! What do you want from my groin?! What do you want from my throne room? What do you want from my poor koboldses?! Be gone! I call my other groin! I call my other throne room! And I call my other koboldseses!! They won't stop! Not until you deadses, or goneses, or niceses!”

Wound Acquired: Medha Correo: Severed Face!

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 04:17:09 pm by lawastooshort »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.99
« Reply #1237 on: January 30, 2014, 04:18:03 pm »

Well, time for covering fire! Shuffle from one side to the next and fire at Rattlefang's arm! Slowly but surely he will be rid of all his bodily parts.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: January 30, 2014, 04:27:27 pm »

Well, time to take a page out of classic playbook.  Errol, if you show up, I'll change this.

Tackov has a flash of insight.  There are two nearly dead adventurers.  Better to have one living adventurer than two dead ones, right?

Use Medha as spare parts to stop the various bleedings.  Fill saucepan with her blood and add it back to me.  Use her bandages to tie it all together.

If there are bits left over, patch up Bukkar too.  Maybe her severed face could be his new neck?  That wouldn't be creepy at all.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: January 30, 2014, 04:33:10 pm »

Accept medical help while I channel my rage to heal myself or something.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: January 30, 2014, 04:35:39 pm »

(([6]  You channel your rage, all right!  [1]  You explode in a giant ball of fiery rage, igniting and damaging all enemies!  Sucks for you, though.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: January 30, 2014, 04:38:17 pm »

((I shall live on as a rage ghost! Kinda like those Force ghosts from Star Wars but angrier.))
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: January 30, 2014, 04:40:21 pm »

((I shall live on as a rage ghost! Kinda like those Force ghosts from Star Wars but angrier.))

((So a Sith ghost, then. Except not intensely regretful of the evil you've done.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: January 30, 2014, 04:41:31 pm »

((And drunker.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: January 30, 2014, 05:25:37 pm »

((In other words, the best ghost ever.))
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 118