Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190804 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.97
« Reply #1215 on: January 10, 2014, 05:24:40 pm »

"The method is sound, but the execution could use some work... there is a weak spot there, I can tell."

Shoot Rattlefang in the groin once more! Hopefully such mutilation will strike fear into the hearts of the kobolds present. Perform the shot while doing the ranged combatant evasion dance.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 06:15:58 pm by Harry Baldman »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: January 10, 2014, 06:14:58 pm »

"HAHA! See what happens to nasty fatlings?! Sacred dronebongo unleash terrible wrath!

And YOU. Tricksy wizard not hides from ME!"

Charge and club that pesky wind-mage!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: January 10, 2014, 10:03:13 pm »

Lady Foxglove rifled in her fashionable bags for some sort of weapon, quite accidently tossing the ugly looking burlap sack out with an audible ick-she realized after a moment this was in fact a medha-borne projectile.

"We're about to lose our shiftless drunken teammate! Attack harder!" She exclaims.

Action: Aerial bombardment of curse grenade will commence! Ground zero is rattlefang!

Also order Medha to do something if she's just standing there.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: January 11, 2014, 01:16:48 am »

Use both Gee Whiz abilities, then shoot the kobold shaman as many times as possible with normal bolts.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 01:18:36 am by Chink »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: January 11, 2014, 01:32:16 am »

Lady Foxglove rifled in her fashionable bags for some sort of weapon, quite accidently tossing the ugly looking burlap sack out with an audible ick-she realized after a moment this was in fact a medha-borne projectile.

"We're about to lose our shiftless drunken teammate! Attack harder!" She exclaims.

Action: Aerial bombardment of curse grenade will commence! Ground zero is rattlefang!

Such as heal Bukkar.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: January 13, 2014, 12:19:09 am »

Wind Blast II the Dronebongo and the Corporal's sword into Rattlefang!  If not possible, replace items with kobolds in reverse order!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.98
« Reply #1221 on: January 14, 2014, 05:34:06 pm »

Turn Ninety Eight

Wind Blast II the Dronebongo and the Corporal's sword into Rattlefang!  If not possible, replace items with kobolds in reverse order!

The mighty wizard Tackov is not horrified by Bukkar's flappy head for long – no! He lets out the deep blast of wind within him and beavers it right out behind the Sacred Dronebongo and the evil sharp kobold sword in the kobold corporal's evil sharp hand.

First is the Dronebongo – one moment eyeing up the room to spy another tasty victim to mutilate; the next moment flying uncontrollably through the air towards its master, missing him by inches, bouncing off the ceiling, and coming to a spinning halt at the feet of the wind mage.

”Hello,” it seems to say. ”Good morning.”

It bares its teeth.

And then the kobold corporal! One minute advancing ferociously though ineffectively on Mummywhiz, and the next staring in amazement as his sword flies out of his hand as if by magic, and hurls itself straight out of the Throne Room!

Just at that moment, Medha Correo runs up to Gervedder Vietzo, peering into the combat from above.

”Did I miss anyth-arggggggggh!”

...Medha Correo appears to have grown a sword in the chest!

Wound Acquired: Medha Correo: Pierced Chest!

Quote from: Sacred Dronebongo
Attack back!

The Sacred Dronebongo, angered at being flung across the room like a mere tambourine, doesn't stare at Tackov for very long. It knows that Tackov is probably at least as tasty as the slightly acrid tasting human he just bit. ...In a sickening flash, the Dronebongo leaps at Tackov's groin, misses by centimetres, and bites off the wizard's leg!

”Arg!”

Wound Acquired: Tackov Cedtry: Severed Left Leg!

Quote from: Bodyguard kobolds 1
Continue attacking!

Inspired by the fearless and dreadful assault of their holy relic, the kobolds continue to attack, with added competence.

The two crossbowkobolds keep shooting suppressing fire at the hole in the roof, keeping Gervedder dancing round from foot to foot. ...They hit, and suddenly, like his friend Medha next to him, Gervedder has an object protruding from his chest! As he looks down to see what it is though, the crossbow bolt falls out of his chest, leaving him completely unharmed.

Rather clever of me, he thinks, To have bought that...

Nearby the battle rages on as the swordless corporal tries to punch the mummywhiz a bit, ...but fails, and the swordful sergeant tries to stab Tackov in the head, and doesn't.

...Fail, that is.

Wound Acquired: Tackov Cedtry: Head Blood!

Shoot Rattlefang in the groin once more! Hopefully such mutilation will strike fear into the hearts of the kobolds present. Perform the shot while doing the ranged combatant evasion dance.

Staring intently at Rattlefang the Perfidious' groin, Gervedder Vietzo suddenly feels rather uncomfortable.

Snapping out of it rather quickly, he quickly shoots off a bolt towards the shamanic crotch, ...and pierces it maliciously!

He breathes a deep sigh of satisfaction.

Wound Acquired: Rattlefang: Bleeding Groin!

MORALE CHECK REQUIRED: KOBOLD UNDERLINGS
Underling 1: 6!
Underling 2: 5!

EVERYTHING IS OK DESPITE SEEING THEIR LEADER BLEED FROM THE GROIN!

Somehow drink health potions of everything. Also drink my own face blood to prevent fluid loss.
Bravely retreat very fast while doing so.

As he flees from the maelstrom, one hand holding his head on and the other also holding his head on, Bukkar has just one thing to say: BLUBULG.

He tries to lick his face to stop the blood flowing everywhere and to keep his precious fluids in, but it seems to have little positive effect. ...Perhaps he feels a tiny bit better, but he's too busy holding his head on to really notice.

"We're about to lose our shiftless drunken teammate!" cries Lady Foxglove, swooping in to the kobold chieftain on her warsquid, wielding some kind of manky look bag, "Attack harder!" she usefully adds, ...before fumbling said bag and spilling the contents all over her and then inexplicably falling with a crash to the stony floor of the Throne Room, where she proceeds to writhe about covered in what seem to be living jellied eels.

Her hair is absolutely ruined.

She also smells of eel.

Wound Acquired: Lady Foxglove: Damaged Pride!

Charge and club that pesky wind-mage!

"HAHA! See what happens to nasty fatlings?! Sacred dronebongo unleash terrible wrath! And terrible eels!

And YOU. Tricksy wizard not hides from ME!"

...Charging forward not very far, Rattlefang first menaces Tackov the Naked Terror, and then smacks him rather gently on the right leg with his club, as if to make a point and say that, well, you've only got one now, you'd better watch what you're up to if you don't want to lose that one too, dongferret.

Quote from: Spirit of Medha?
Such as heal Bukkar.

Medha, recently appearing on the scene, realises a medical emergency when she sees one. No – not the sword poking through her chest, but Bukkar: he's holding his head on with his bare hands!

...She leaps through the hole in the roof, landing face first and smashing several teeth out.

Wound Acquired: Medha Correo: Damageder Face!

Use both Gee Whiz abilities, then shoot the kobold shaman as many times as possible with normal bolts.

...Getting a bit overexcited by all the blood and severing, Whiz – the Speedificent – makes a funny kind of motion, and starts blurring visibly, and then makes another funny kind of motion, and starts blurring almost invisibly, whereupon he rushes up to Rattlefang the Shamanic Menace, and shoots him repeatedly point blank in the body with his crossbow.

It's not actually that terribly effective, but when Whiz finally slows down enough to take stock, he can at least reflect that there is a nice crossbow bolt sticking out of the kobold who bravely stuck himself in front of his chieftain's chest.

The heavily bleeding minion crawls away.

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.98
« Reply #1222 on: January 14, 2014, 05:44:34 pm »

"Somebody heal Medha. She does not look to be in the best of physical or mental states."

Shuffle about and shoot the dronebongo again. It is clearly the most dangerous combatant here. It would be good to have it on our side, with its unmitigated and unrelenting savagery, but what can you do? Sometimes people just end up on different sides in a war.

Action for Medha should Errol remain steadfastly missing: heal self even if anybody else helps and utilize free face attack to chop off one of Rattlefang's limbs. If Necklace of the Ribless happens to be functional, use that on Rattlefang as well.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 05:46:35 pm by Harry Baldman »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: January 14, 2014, 06:35:33 pm »

"Medha must have done this on purpose! That malicious witch!"

With another scowl, she hopped back to her feet and then to her squid-time for impalement maximus!

Action: Dual swording+squid bites on Rattlesnap the Precocious
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: January 14, 2014, 06:38:06 pm »

IDOHELPFULACTION

Throw Sword of Severing at Rattlefang while running away!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 09:27:31 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: January 14, 2014, 06:48:11 pm »

IDOHELPFULACTION

Toss Sword of Severing to Ravengirlperson while running away!

"Don't toss it to me! You might roll a one!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: January 14, 2014, 08:20:09 pm »

DOOOOOOOOOOOOM

"Oi!  You'll pay for that!  That was me standing leg for when I'm kicking your arse!"

Wrap up the bleeding in the Cloak I still have, should someone COUGH MEDHA not give me some bandages.  Uh, didn't mean to sword you!

Hey, Medha should have a sword in her inventory now!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: January 14, 2014, 09:23:14 pm »

"Eeeh! You shoots me in groin? What kinds of monster burst into someoneses home, bash up walls and floor, get grubby hands all over precious thingses, and then shoots great leader in groin?!

Has lumpy fatlings no limits at all? Who sends you?!"

Try to get that war squid again!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: January 14, 2014, 09:27:47 pm »

IDOHELPFULACTION

Toss Sword of Severing to Ravengirlperson while running away!

"Don't toss it to me! You might roll a one!"
IFIXEDTHATSEEYA
Sig! Onol

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: January 16, 2014, 01:59:27 pm »

Rearrange the bandages on my chest to stop the bleeding.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 118