Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190834 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.92
« Reply #1170 on: January 03, 2014, 01:17:35 pm »

"Crikey and criminiy and all that."

Keep on searching for loot.  And the quest objective, I guess.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.92
« Reply #1171 on: January 03, 2014, 01:37:47 pm »

Action: Sniper scope a crossbow bolt at a Viet Cong Kobold and Sneak back out of sight! And explore the other entrance. Also, send the information of what I found to my teammates telepathically.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 01:40:17 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.93
« Reply #1172 on: January 03, 2014, 05:17:46 pm »

Turn Ninety Three

MEDICAL EXPERIMENTATION TEAM

Eat dragon bits to regain health and maybe transform into some sort of badass dragon hybrid.

After all, thinks Bukkar, that's how dragon stuff works. You eat them and you turn into one.

...Wandering around in a daze somewhere near Medha, Bukkar has a sudden longing for kebab. Already at drunken yearning for kebab stage! he realises, shocked and worried. He hasn't had such a yearning in the morning for a very very long time. And then, still shocked, but less worried, he realises – he has pretty much a ready made kebab just loafing about in his inventory – it's been there for what seems like ages. And they're ready-pickled in bodily fluids.

Oh gods yes.

Bukkar whips out the manky bits of dragon flesh and drunkenly gobbles them down. He's incredibly disappointed when his next breath doesn't come out as flame, but he does actually feel a whole lot better.

Suddenly there's a bit of a loud noise.

TOASTER TEAM

Keep on searching for loot.  And the quest objective, I guess.

"Well, it seems to me we're currently doing... okay. Now, don't move anywhere, Medha. And sorry about the low-quality treatment."

Find Tackov. Aid him in his explorations.

About twenty squares to the right, Tackov can't quite remember if he is an Australian or a Cockney.

"Crikey and criminiy and all that, guv!"

Either way, he is still face to face with a wooden portcullis – and it appears to be locked. The answer is obvious -and becomes even obviouser when Gervedder suddenly joins Whiz behind the curious wind mage.

”I'm gonna burn this blighter down!”

”No, don't – just give it a shove... trust me, it'll be a little safer...”

”Er. Okay. That... I can't imagine why I didn't think of that too.”

Tackov gives the wooden portcullis a shove.

It doesn't move.

”Hey! Buttmunch.”

”Harder.”

Tackov gives the wooden portcullis a harder shove.

It doesn't budge.

”Hey! Asswipe.”

”Harder and let me help.”

Tackov prepares to give the wooden portcullis a harder shove and let Gervedder help, and considers letting Whiz help, but Whiz is still leaning hard against the nearby wall, with some of his faceblood on it.

”Okay – let's do it!”

They do do it.

...They do it so hard both Tackov and Gervedder tumble through! The pair of them thrust against the portcullis so hard it shatters, they fly into the empty room beyond, and a terrible terrible trap falls from above the portcullis door frame. A metal portcullis so deathly, so pointy, so fiendish it would have totally hurt them if they'd been caught in it, slides down, crashing against the rock floor, and piercing through, smashing a ten foot round hole into the surface and revealing the dungeon level below.

There is an accompanying loud noise and, ...to go with Tackov's piercing wail as he fails his reflex/deathgrip roll, there is also the crash of rock falling from one floor to the next.

As the dust clears, Gervedder peers down into the hole. He can just about make out Tackov, lying crumpled but uninjured below.

”What's down there, dude?”

”Er... Some... some kind of throne room, I think. It's kind of empty, of people, at least. There's like, some kind of throne at the end, in front of some kind of... ceremonial table or something?”

ALPHA TEAM

Action: Sniper scope a crossbow bolt at a Viet Cong Kobold and Sneak back out of sight! And explore the other entrance. Also, send the information of what I found to my teammates telepathically.

Focused and oblivious to the loud noises a floor away, Lady Foxglove lines up her crossbow's scope on the nearest guard-kobold.

She breathes in.

She breathes out.

As she does so she pulls the trigger.

...The kobold is blown apart as the crossbow bolt goes through him, disappearing into a red mist as the high calibre bolt powers through a second kobold, unfortunate enough to be standing in a direct line behind guard number one, and who disappears into a cloud of blood and organs as the bolt powers on, through the very wall of the mountain itself, a dozen feet from the exit.

The wall collapses in a pile of rocky rubble, completely obliterating the handful of kobolds left, and completely blocking the exit tunnel.

There's a whooshing low rumble, which Lady Foxglove may or may not recognise as the sound of an avalanche as heard from inside an avalanched-upon mountain.

”Bother.”

...Although there is no one left to sneak away from, Foxglove is a pro, with enormously overpowered stealth abilities. She stealths away unseen, back to the top of the stairs heading down to the third level of the kobold complex.

As she telepathically communicates the thought Bother to her comrades, she realises that there seems to be a great deal of kobold chatter going on.

A lot of yipping and yapping, she thinks.

Either she's just blown up the mountainside with a crossbow bolt, or something else equally bad has just happened – possibly also involving accidentally blowing holes through solid rock.

Who knows.

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.93
« Reply #1173 on: January 03, 2014, 05:35:50 pm »

"What a highly dramatic and unsafe trap. Say, Tackov, do you need any help?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: January 03, 2014, 08:56:18 pm »

A throne?  I didn't play roguelikes for years to not know what to do here.*

"There's a throne and a fancy table down here!  Nobody around though.  You could come down, but I'm not sure how you'd get back up right now."

He looked at the throne, and knew what to do.

Sit on the throne!  Regard table afterwards.

Spoiler: * (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: January 03, 2014, 09:15:37 pm »

Lady Foxglove's fashionably cute nose twitched.

"Throne sense jingling!" she intoned.

Action: Regroup with my squad, if successful, push the pretender King Tackov off the throne and claim it for myself-thats the American way
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: January 04, 2014, 01:36:51 pm »

Graah! Bukkar feel incredistronk!

Dash over to companions. Criticize them.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: January 04, 2014, 01:39:50 pm »

"Very well, then. I will remain up here and pull you up if necessary."

Remain where I am. Keep eyes peeled.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.94
« Reply #1178 on: January 04, 2014, 03:40:04 pm »

Turn Ninety Four

Remain where I am. Keep eyes peeled.

"Very well, then," replies Gervedder, "I will remain up here and pull you up if necessary."

Bukkar Crangrom suddenly runs past and dives into the hole, shouting at Gervedder as he does so.

You suck!

...Stoically ignoring this wanton insult, Gervedder draws his crossbow, doesn't aim it at his verbal assaulter, and watches, and waits.

Sit on the throne!  Regard table afterwards.

You're rubbish at this adventuring lark!

Ignoring Bukkar falling behind him through the hole and gratuitously insulting him, Tackov, eyes focused on the prize, edges forwards towards the throne.

King of the Kobolds! Ultimate Power! Or... at least... power...

...But he's too focused on the prize, and forgets the ceremonial table, which he walks into and falls over.

Told you! Don't even know how to operate a throne!

Action: Regroup with my squad, if successful, push the pretender King Tackov off the throne and claim it for myself-thats the American way

...A door opens at the other end of the Throne Room, and Lady Foxglove bursts dramatically but silently in. She sprints across the room and pushes Tackov, who was just getting back to his feet, back onto the floor. She's not sure why. She was sure there was something of more interest down here.

Just then Bukkar pipes up, with constructive criticism.

Pff! You should try and help the group more and stop worrying about yer bleeding make up! Yeah! You'll never make it as an adventurer without a bit of backscratching!

Dash over to companions. Criticize them.

...Having criticised all the companions he can catch up with, Bukkar himself strides towards the throne, but he's distracted by the Ceremonial Table.

It looks like there is some kind of artefact drum on it.

Hey. Were we after a drum? I thought it was meant to be the body of a mandarin or something?

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.94
« Reply #1179 on: January 04, 2014, 03:57:01 pm »

Listen carefully. There's a lot fewer kobolds around than one would expect from a fortress, no?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: January 04, 2014, 04:08:48 pm »

Listen carefully. There's a lot fewer kobolds around than one would expect from a fortress, no?

...Listening carefully, Gervedder hears what Lady Foxglove heard quite recently, but forgot to particularly remark: the increasing and approaching yipper and yapper of... kobolds, presumably.

Perhaps they were having a meeting on a lower floor?

Perhaps...

"Comrades!" powerwhispers Gervedder, from above, "I deduce that a bunch of kobolds might be coming back from a meeting or something!"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: January 04, 2014, 04:34:16 pm »

Add drum to barrel loot.
Grab drum thing and scurry back to barrel. Panic as necessary.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: January 05, 2014, 02:41:44 pm »

"Is that what we came for?"

Action: After Bukkar has removed the artifact-and triggered any traps upon himself, Snatch and inspect the drum carefully for artifact-ness!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: January 05, 2014, 06:32:22 pm »

Sit tight and keep listening like a bat on guard duty.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: January 06, 2014, 12:35:00 am »

Find Tackov, and have another go at retrieving those missing Yuros while moaning menacingly.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 118