Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190853 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.89
« Reply #1140 on: December 13, 2013, 10:14:58 am »

"Back up, ye damned legs!"

Typhoon up Wind Blast II!  If any legs get near me, Hand of Leprosy them right in the leg!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: December 13, 2013, 01:49:19 pm »

Action: More Arrows! More knees! Big prizes! I love it!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: December 13, 2013, 02:47:35 pm »

((It probably wouldn't be fair to already ask for suggestions for Whiz and Medha, which is a shame, because I have enough time to update right now, and might not again for 4-5 days

That being said, if anyone makes perfectly sensible suggestions in the next short amount of time, I'll do it anyway))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: December 13, 2013, 02:51:56 pm »

Medha: Headbutt any sentient legs that are accessible. Bandage up that bleeding with hands, which are now free.
Whiz: aid attempt to get wrapped up in healing Red Carpet.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: December 13, 2013, 03:50:43 pm »

+1
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.90
« Reply #1145 on: December 13, 2013, 04:03:18 pm »

Turn Ninety

Eat that guts! Chew it to pieces!

In the corridor near to Medha, Bukkar wrestles the sentient gutbeast on the floor, in a swill of gutjuice and cheap wine.

I'LL DIGEST THE HELL OUT OF YOU WITH MY OWN INTESTINES, YOU GUTS!

He cries out angrily, before launching into a savage biting attack, gnawing heavily on the gut's face and ears – but his assault is ineffectual; he prises a length of gut from where it's wrapped implacably round his throat, and swings a fist, and then, as the gut tries to bite him in the groin he swings a defensive elbow, throwing the gut against the wall.

...It slithers down, and the two adversaries stare each other in the eye, and then Bukkar attacks flying feet first, misses completely, hits the wall, slides down like the gut before him, and lies powerless as the gut tears out his guts with a single brutal bite!

The gut circles the heavily damaged warrior, sneering through his long vicious teeth!

Wound Acquired: Bukkar Crangrom: Extra Severed Guts!

Medha: Headbutt any sentient legs that are accessible. Bandage up that bleeding with hands, which are now free.

Slowly crawling towards the gutcrippled stricken Bukkar comes Medha, who can see no legs. She traces a sticky pool of blood along the damp stone floor as the crawls, her own chest blood, from where her own superfluous ribs leapt out and abandoned her. As the gutfiend circles Bukkar, Medha creeps up, silent as a wheezing legless imbecile.

The gut is too occupied with sneering to hear.

Medha raises herself up, and with her last force lets herself fall back down, face first, into the back of the gut's head.

...Medha's fearsome face slices the gut's head right in two; it splits apart, showering Bukkar with internal gutslime as the young curse crafter collapses on top of the shattered foes.

...As she flails about on top of Bukkar and his dual-wielded mangled guts, she diverts some attention to bandaging her chest-holes, but fails miserably, and only ends up gently caressing Bukkar behind the ears with a piece of manky wet bandage.

Typhoon up Wind Blast II!  If any legs get near me, Hand of Leprosy them right in the leg!

Inside the room, away from this bloody scene of horror and repressed longing, Tackov the Wind Mage is pinned in a corner by a bunch of legs.

"Back up, ye damned legs!" he wails, seeming to have caught a bad dose of Scottishness from his adversaries, "Back up, or ye'll fecking regret it, ye wee shites!"

The legs don't back up: one leaps through the air aiming itself footfirst at Tackov's teeth; ...as it approaches time seems to slow, and Tacko whips out a defensive hand and, channelling the necromantic doompower of his hat, he leprifies the crap out of the fiendish leg!

...Tackov inflicts instaleprosy on the leg's leg! The leg's leg falls off the leg! The legless leg stumbles and trips, and falls to the ground, where Tackov crushes its head with a stomp of his foot!

Action: More Arrows! More knees! Big prizes! I love it!

The legs are shaken, without even having witnessed the horrible doom of their guttish comrade a few feet away in the corridor - the awful power of the Naked Wizard Who Can Make Legs Fall Off Legs has them wincing and backing up as yon Naked Wizard commanded!

...The remaining legs sway from one side to the other, looking at one fell foe to the next, staring first at Tackov, before averting their eyes from his nudity, and then at Lady Foxglove, and finding themselves transfixed, for many of the legs are male. One leg has the temerity to advance, but Lady Foxglove bats him harmlessly away, and shoots him through the shin!

The leg howls in agony!

His comrades flee!

The shin-shattered leg crawls towards the door to join them.

Whiz: aid attempt to get wrapped up in healing Red Carpet.

Run over to Whiz, pick him up and then wrap him in his Red Carpet.

Luckily enough, the legs' morale broke before they could further damage the battered and bleeding Whiz, inches away from zero hitpoints.

"Hm."

...Gervedder dashes over, bends down, picks up the very light Whizzard and hefts him onto his still hovering unnervingly in the middle of the room carpet, as the pale man moans in as helpful a manner as he can manage. It turns out to be a very helpful manner, in fact, and the red carpet seems to recognise its owner, and nuzzles its nose up against the bleeding unfortunate. Soaking in healing potion, Whiz soon begins to feel a bit better, and a heart-warming montage of comradely songs plays from nearby, on bagpipes.

Suddenly the red carpet vanishes into thin air, and Whiz plops back onto the hard ground a couple of feet below, like a large sack of blood-covered nudist potatoes.

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.90
« Reply #1146 on: December 13, 2013, 04:07:49 pm »

I meant to say that I thought that was a good idea.  Any particular format?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: December 13, 2013, 04:09:59 pm »

Bandage and medically manipulate the others into a state of at least mediocre health and minimal blood loss. Reattach whatever parts are missing and still available to them.

"We need to get into fighting shape. Quickly."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: December 13, 2013, 04:20:16 pm »

"He's probably right.  Leg up, chin out, arm yourselves, and get your head in the game!"

Assist with corpse teammate recovery and repair.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: December 13, 2013, 04:36:00 pm »

I meant to say that I thought that was a good idea.  Any particular format?

Er.

I don't really know what would be best yet. The best thing would be a whole condition-using 3 turn kind of set of standard actions, but this isn't meant to be that serious. Probably it'd be best and easiest just if whenever there is likely to be prolonged combat that you post your normal action, and then say post any conditional/next round actions in brackets after, so that if combat continues I'll take them into account. If that makes sense. Sort of what you're doing already on occasion, but a bit more.

I kind of thought about this not just because of the d&d game (I'll put a hopeful plural there??) I'm in but also because of the map. What if you go up or down and there's a door, and I or a relevant player am/are not about to miniturn it - it seems silly to delay a turn just for someone to decide how to approach a door, but then it wouldn't be fair of me to automatically make someone burst through it into a fiendish trap.

So - to summarise - feel free to add conditions to any actions you think might benefit from them.
i.e. use of abilities in prolonged combat, particular approaches to situations such as doors that might crop up, etc. etc.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: December 13, 2013, 04:50:21 pm »

Action: Time to scout forward in the cave while my allies are getting 'healed'-be as silent as a ravens wing! Try not to get into any fights, tho
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: December 13, 2013, 08:54:05 pm »

Rest.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: December 15, 2013, 09:57:40 am »

Acquire some more clothing to cover horrible deformities. And look mysterious and stuff.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: December 18, 2013, 04:34:35 am »

Wait - did Bukkar Xantalos Crangrom not reply yet?! But I am writing an update!!1 I will have to take the next best suggestion to come along, or invent my own suggestion!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: December 18, 2013, 04:41:21 am »

Hmm.

Use Medea's face to cauterize the wound before stitching my guts back together with nearby bits of string.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 10:02:02 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 118