Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190867 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.85
« Reply #1095 on: November 28, 2013, 07:54:18 am »

Yes, that's true. I wondered if she would do anything in preparation. I'll leave her action to the end, perhaps, and if nothing comes up she will stare at the opening door in terror and fright.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.85
« Reply #1096 on: November 28, 2013, 07:59:05 am »

She'd probably prepare some sort of curse to fling or make a trap of some sortl.

Of course, then it would turn out that Lady Foxglove is the one trying to open the door, in a shyamalan worthy twist...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.86
« Reply #1097 on: November 28, 2013, 09:05:06 am »

Turn Eighty Six

Drunkenly vomit into kobold's face to startle it, then rear up like a beaches whale and bite its head off.

From a deep dark cave rears an angry beached whale; lurching out of the emptied cellar door comes Bukkar the Vomnificent, a wretched taste in his retching mouth as he staggers forth, and stumbles to a halt in front of a very surprised kobold.

Bukkar dribbles vomit down his chin and over his chest, and a little onto his feet, the hacking retching sound so violent and appalling the poor kobold is almost moved to offer assistance – but his compassion is swept away when Bukkar leaps upon him, and starts gnawing passionately on his ear!

The kobold wipes the Bukkarvomit from his cheek, and flees into the darkness, yappering and yippering like a kobold is wont to do.

Bukkar stands there, blinking, confused, and vomits profusely over himself.

Search Definitely-Not-Bukkar for valuables and loot before absconding further down the bright yellow vomit road.

Some distance away, Whiz, who is not Vomnificent, quickly goes through the unconscious drunkard’s pockets, steals 12 Green Farthings, and sprints away as fast as he can, nervous of the drunkard’s stirrings.

Harvest the thorns of this plant. Even if it's not the right one, it should be close enough that my mistake is excusable. Go and find Whiz afterwards.

"Hm,” summarises Gervedder the Messenging Herbalist, "Definitely hm.”

Grabbing the entire Alpine Groundsel plant by the stalk and with both hands, he yanks it as hard as humanly or even Gervedderly possibly, tearing the whole thing out of the ground and falling over backwards onto his backside. He gets up, gingerly rubbing his arse with one hand and holding the extremely long-rooted herb with the other, and stares down at the twenty foot deep hole he’s just created.

A giant mole stares back up.

A giant Brutal Mole, if he remembers his biology lessons right.

The thing looks angry, and Gervedder turns and runs towards where he think Whiz must surely have gone before the fecker can leap out of the hole and, teeth bared and gnashing, attempt to rip his throat out. Gervedder runs for his life down the strangely yellow tinged trail that Whiz took, the Brutal Mole – roughly the size of a small cow – mere dozens of feet behind him, and then as he turns to look behind to see if he’s pulling away from the monstrosity he trips over a passing drunkard, who just happens to be lying there, in the process of waking up.

”You bastard! You stole me feckin’ money, you feckin’ money thief!”

Action: Continue to save Medha belatedly!

"Meeeedha! If you're out there, respond..."

Nobody responds.

Lady Foxglove dismounts from her squid, turns, sees Tackov still standing about nakedly, and turns quickly back.

"Hmm..."

There is a hole. Medha fell down it. Foxglove must recue Medha.

There appears to be only one course of action available to her, except Tackov is too naked to be pushed down and safely used as a landing cushion, so there appears to be no courses of action available to her.

Blast that damn wizard and his nudity…

Not wanting to risk leaping down the hole without a landing cushion, she climbs back on board her squid, kicks her heels in, and blasts like a wheezing old man towards the only obvious solution – the door in the mountainside – nay, the cliff face – that they’d seen but mostly ignored many (it feels like many) turns ago…

She  pushes the door open with a dainty finger, whereupon she comes face to face with half a dozen kobold sentries. If she had a head for kobold faces, and wasn’t suddenly very much preoccupied with the fact that she has travelled through the night for this wretched Medha type person, and, tired as she may be, hasn’t had time to attend to her own poor face, and there are, however much they may be lizardy runts, people about, if, I say, if she wasn’t rather busy wincing, and all but wailing, and feverishly recoiling in horror at the thought of her own underpresentable features, if this had been the case, perhaps she would notice that they appear to be six of the kobolds whose leader had so gloriously routed the adventurers the precedent evening.

But she doesn’t have a head for kobold faces, and is rather preoccupied with the shamefulness of her makeup, so she doesn’t.

They just look like a bunch of kobolds with crossbows.

Get dressed, dammit.

"Yeah, what she sai- oh. Where…"

Tackov, the Naked Terror, is keen to help Lady Foxglove rescue Medha, but two problems present themselves.

First: she has whizzed off on her squid, and he doesn’t know where to.

Second: he is still naked. He tries to rectify the situation by putting another sock on his head, but although not now exactly 100% undressed, he is technically still quite naked.

Just then another naked wizard, heavily out of breath and exceedingly red in the face, sprints at top speed right up to him, knocking Tackov down Medha’s hole, where he lands with a crunch.

Whiz immediately follows, and lands on top of him, with a crunch.

Damage Acquired: Tackov Cedtry: 20 HP Falling Damge!

Damage Acquired: Whiznificent Whiz: 10 HP Falling Damge!

Quote from: Medha
Prepa- oh feck!

Just as Medha is really beginning to think that she should perhaps do something about the people clearly coming to say hello through the door, there’s a strange crunch behind her, and another, and she turns to just about make out two naked wizards standing sheepishly about, holding themselves in moderate pain.

It’s about then that the rock door swings open, smashing her in the back of the head. She falls to the floor and doesn’t see the half dozen kobolds burst into the room, pointy spears at the ready.

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.86
« Reply #1098 on: November 28, 2013, 09:14:53 am »

Revealed without her usual pampered self, Lady Foxglove lets forth a torrent of unfashionable invectives and charges!

"Feckingshitemiserholes! You made me late for powdering my nose! Do you know how annoying a -1 bonus is when we're using D6's? IT'S ATROCIOUS!" She screams, aiming to behead the nearst 'bold-preferably the one who looked like the leader.

Action: Wade in and start killing kobolds with my sword-fight toward the leader! Go into beauty rage!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: November 28, 2013, 09:43:26 am »

"Perhaps you, good sir, would like to take it up with my good friend over there." says Gervedder, pointing at the Brutal Mole. Regardless of whether that worked, he is prepared to run like hell.

Sprint like the devil himself and try to shoot the Brutal Mole before it gnaws, smashes or otherwise kills me to death. Hope the drunkard serves as a distraction.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: November 28, 2013, 08:42:33 pm »

"OW!" swears Tackov nakedly.  "Watch where you're going, you fecking idio- oh look, now you've got kobolds on us.  Feck all this!"

Wind Blast II those damned kobolds away.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: November 28, 2013, 08:46:23 pm »

Bukkar sways almost violently.
Hgnagggn.

Attempt to smell any bacon in vicinity. Follow the scent.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: November 29, 2013, 03:53:35 am »

Errol has actually not even been on for two days, so I will forgive his violent and wanton lack of post, but does anyone want to suggest anything in the meantime in case I get time to update today? Whiz too, if you're feeling that way inclined.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: November 29, 2013, 04:00:13 am »

Medea: Activate charisma.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: November 29, 2013, 08:12:31 am »

Whiz: Summon Red Carpet to smother Kobolds!

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 29, 2013, 10:03:56 pm »

Whiz: Cast Shield I spell and spam bolts at the kobolds.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: November 30, 2013, 05:40:25 am »

Curse at feckers that hit me in the back of me head with a goddamn fecking door! Then, move over to curses that actually do something!
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: December 04, 2013, 04:37:05 pm »

((I was thinking it hasn't been that long, but feck, it has. Perhaps someone should suggest an action for the GM so we can continue.))
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 05:09:36 pm by lawastooshort »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: December 04, 2013, 04:40:30 pm »

GM:  Come up with Random Event Table FFS style to randomly advance the plot.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: December 04, 2013, 04:46:26 pm »

((Have you got a link to the one he posted once? I'd look myself, but I am busy updating.))
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 05:09:25 pm by lawastooshort »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 118