Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190892 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.82
« Reply #1050 on: November 16, 2013, 03:02:43 am »

((depends also on if you're happy with breaking your word to someone you've just vehemently castigated for being evil!!1)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: November 16, 2013, 03:05:35 am »

((depends also on if you're happy with breaking your word to someone you've just vehemently castigated for being evil!!1)

((Oh, I didn't vehemently castigate them for being evil as such, more for liberally calling themselves evil and subjecting themselves to terrible racial stereotypes. Hence the advocating of the much more palatable 'morally complex' label.))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: November 17, 2013, 03:58:37 pm »

((Right, I'll try to get onto this tomorrow. So, you're all going to walk back down the mountain, except for Medha, who you're going to leave in a hole (that is to say, in the kobold stronghold), right?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: November 17, 2013, 04:40:45 pm »

((Right, I'll try to get onto this tomorrow. So, you're all going to walk back down the mountain, except for Medha, who you're going to leave in a hole (that is to say, in the kobold stronghold), right?))

((Yes.

The path of the intrepid, chivalrous adventurer is a hard one indeed. Or Medha can just be our inside person for our soon return.

Besides, once the kobolds bugger off back inside, Medha can safely escape, presumably.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: November 18, 2013, 03:19:34 am »

((Honestly, Kobolds are just tiny Medha's anyway. She can probably become their leader.

Queen of the Kobolds!))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.83
« Reply #1055 on: November 19, 2013, 04:40:12 pm »

Turn Eighty Three

Somewhere, deep in the mountains of Durial, although actually not that deep, and getting shallower and shallower by the minute, an intrepid band of five brave explorers are stoically fecking right off, not waiting till Thursday. It would have been madness, they tell themselves, to have stayed and fought against the baker's dozen of evil midgets, madness! - for they are sorely hurt, and in need of cuddles and maybe some hot chocolate.

They trek on, fecking off and away, out of sight of Mount Kuriel, the target of their quest, past the burnt out wasteland they travelled through this morning, which wasn't burnt out until this morning, incidentally, and are approaching the ravaged remains of the rescued miners' camp when they notice that darkness is about to fall, probably before the next turn.

It is a moment of discussion and decision:do they press on through the beginning of the night back to the village of Wretched? Or do they make camp here, where at least it is warm amongst the smouldering embers of the miners' livelihood?

Elsewhere, deep in the mountains of Durial – actually quite deep, and not just metaphorically since Medha is in fact at least twenty foot underground, having disappeared down a hole and frightened off one living and two dead kobolds with her horrifying – even in the dark – appearance – an intrepid band of one brave explorer is stoically sitting about in the dark, picking at a scab (not what Doctor Gervedder ordered) and wondering what to do.

She reviews the situation.

She is alone. She doesn't mind that, never has done.

She's in a hole. She doesn't really mind that, either: she fell down a well and lived in it for a fortnight once. Pushed, actually. Anyway.

She might get hungry soon though, and that scab isn't really that big. Hmm.

The light's very dim, but she searches a little to see what is in her new personal expanded inventory. Not a lot. A few charred kobold sized beds. A cooking pot. Remains of a fire. Few remains of kobolds, hideously squished.

She looks up.

Twenty foot to the hole to the surface. About four, maybe five feet across.

She looks over the other side of the room.

Solid stone door. Slammed shut as the kobolds fled her overzealous cuddling.

Hmm.

It looks like she's gonna need a pretty big serving of cunning with a side of extra cunning to get out of this.
Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.83
« Reply #1056 on: November 19, 2013, 04:43:56 pm »

Tackov stops and kicks a nearby pebble.  "Feck this.  Let's stop here."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: November 19, 2013, 04:44:33 pm »

Bukkar need heal.
Also I think I pissed off some people in the village; let's stop here.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: November 19, 2013, 05:21:30 pm »

~Edited~
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 06:26:53 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: November 20, 2013, 02:26:30 am »

"...tch. In the end, the only person I can rely on is myself... 's how it's always been. Should never have assumed it was going to change though that bunch anyway..."

Gather materials for a campfire. Light campfire. Rest and examine cave closer in the shine of its flickering light.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: November 20, 2013, 03:17:17 am »

((Yeah, it's actually really out of character for LadyFox to abandon Medha like that...

Then again, Errol didn't post an action to follow us...and it would have been a big fight otherwise...with a smashed up group...then again I'm at full HP!

Do you want me to come save you Errol?))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: November 20, 2013, 03:44:18 am »

((...only if she shouts really loud for it. Medha's actually rather excited for this right now, though this could change easily enough.))
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: November 20, 2013, 03:54:46 am »

((Well we already established Fox doesn't want her teammates to resent her or hold a grudge. I don't want to spend another 83 turns earning Medha's trust.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: November 20, 2013, 06:31:49 am »

Lady Foxglove was about to sail into town when she noticed a lack of certain tacky witch among them.

"what could I be forgetting?

....MEDHA!

It is completely out of my character to leave her behind...and it'd be a shame to lose such a dramatic foil..."

Action: Commence Operation Rescue Tacky Witch. WIP

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: November 20, 2013, 06:32:50 am »

If she's dead, recover her blood for me, will ya?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 118